PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/23/2014, 04:10 PMSigh.  This is how the gougers win!  Everyone out bidding each other!  When will the madness stop!?
You're right. Let's all pitch in $.25 and just share the thing communally.

Ninja16608

Quote from: esadajr on 05/23/2014, 04:09 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/22/2014, 05:33 PMLove the description. MORE MINT!!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/310966153090
It's a fake.
You may be right, looking at all the pictures the only ones that are blurry as hell are the ones of the actual card....Hmmmmm Do we have a case of douche baggery here?

madboom0522

Hey ninja turtle... Why don't you sell your mint in box copy?......
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/23/2014, 06:30 PM

It's a fake.
You may be right, looking at all the pictures the only ones that are blurry as hell are the ones of the actual card....Hmmmmm Do we have a case of douche baggery here?
.  Its confirmed douche baggery just because of the price.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2014, 07:29 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/23/2014, 06:30 PM

It's a fake.
.  Its confirmed douche baggery just because of the price.
Being Fake?!?!?!

seieienbu

I'm pretty sure it's a tad blurry because of the sleeve and not because of any trickery.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Ninja16608

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/24/2014, 01:33 AMI'm pretty sure it's a tad blurry because of the sleeve and not because of any trickery.
Might be, I had not even noticed, not sure about anyone else but if I am going to shell out that kinda cash I would want clear pics, and selling it I would want to make sure anyone willing to sped that kinda loot can clearly see it to avoid 100 mails asking do you have clear pics :-) but that's just me.

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2014, 01:15 PM
Quote from: reson8er on 05/23/2014, 12:46 PMYou'd think this guy would at least throw in some actual mints for that price. sheesh.
He should sprinkle Andes Mints all around it.
That along with candy canes, some Wrigley's gum, and a plush doll of Peppermint Patty.

IMG
"That's not YOUR auction is it, Chuck?"
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Mzo

Thought I could get the EMPTY BOX for Dragon's Curse, even if it ended up being a little expensive.  I put down what I think is a ridiculous amount, $45.  Ended at $150.

What the fuck?
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

ToyMachine78

For a fucking box!!!!!??? Must be like that old gouge eBay post for  samurai warrior... "The box is rarer than the game!" WTF!?

seieienbu

On the one hand, I'm sure statement about the boxes is true.  On the other hand, who cares?  It's a god-damn box!

Lochlan

How many times have you guys seen this box for sale over the past year?  I've seen more copies of Magical Chase and Dynastic Hero than Dragon's Curse boxes.  It's a tough one to find.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 10:36 PMI'm on a mission to scan all the boxes... but I give up. All the rares (and many of the commons)... I'm scanning my ass as a placeholder for them.

( _*,_)
WolfWhistle

Put me down for 3 poses :-)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 05/27/2014, 10:36 PMI'm on a mission to scan all the boxes... but I give up. All the rares (and many of the commons)... I'm scanning my ass as a placeholder for them.

( _*,_)
Ahhhhh hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!1!!!2!!!!3!!!!4!!!11!!!
IMG

Bardoly

( _*,_)
I thought someone Sparky perhaps? had already scanned all of the boxes.

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/27/2014, 10:36 PMI'm on a mission to scan all the boxes... but I give up. All the rares (and many of the commons)... I'm scanning my ass as a placeholder for them.

( _*,_)
I have about 25 of them scanned.

schweaty

schweaty

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: schweaty on 05/28/2014, 12:03 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackie-Chans-Action-Kung-Fu-HU-Card-ONLY-Turbo-Grafx-16-Rare-Game-FUN-/390851644757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b0092cd55

if anyone buys Jackie Chan (Cart only) for $119, i will cotton-fist their ass
Really? Not even 2 years ago I got it loose for $20 and I thought then was a little much.

CrackTiger

Quote from: schweaty on 05/28/2014, 12:04 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Blasters-TurboGrafx-16-wbr-NEW-SEALED-SUPER-RARE-SHOOTER-ONLY-1-ON-EBAY-/151313613948?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

yup... aero blasters for $899.00.  i cant summon the strength...
"ONLY 1 ON EBAY" titles are always hilarious. They're advertising that they're trying to rip you off.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

seieienbu

( _*,_)
You really should get that comma checked out by a doctor.

synbiosfan

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/28/2014, 05:56 PM

( _*,_)
You really should get that comma checked out by a doctor.
Boo boo hiss hiss :P

Somebody Gong this guy!

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/28/2014, 04:41 PMI'm on so many missions that I'll never complete any of them.  I'll have to check with sparky to see what he's got. Jello- i remember your thread about finding/scanning the boxes... where's them scans be?  I have this dream of embedding 3d models of the boxes, games, and hardware on DoxPhile kind of like world of war craft does in their armory, but it will probably never happen. I'm just trying to keep up with The Old Rover on number of concurrent projects.
https://jelloslug.com/TG-16/Box%20scans/

I have several more boxes that I can scan also.  I'm sure between a few of us here we could get 75% of them scanned right now.

bob

Not really a gouge, but i didnt know where else to put it.

Peabody, MA?  :-k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261492593918

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 05/29/2014, 10:29 PMNot really a gouge, but i didnt know where else to put it.

Peabody, MA?  :-k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261492593918
that seems pretty reasonable. If it was component I might bite

bob

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

synbiosfan

I bought a new one for $50.12 :lol:

Of course it arrived after I sent my Duo-R off to Turbokon for modding #-o

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 05/30/2014, 09:05 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/30/2014, 09:02 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/251544770479
The box was originally $51.99 back in early 90's.
That's Working Designs for you...  They also planned a special edition with a different picture on the box and a guide.

I wish they had released the guide, I got stuck on a certain part on the box and was unable to finish.  Since there was no "save feature", I had to give up. :cry:

CrackTiger

"Rarer then game".

As funny as that sounds, they picked one of the least rare Turbo games, box to game ratio-wise. The loose box may even be rarer then sealed MIB copies.

But obviously every game's box is less common that its game.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

dallaspattern

Hahaha, if I had a nickel for every over priced boxed copy of CF2...

Medic_wheat

Is this seller on crack?

I litterly bought three months ago two copies of this game not only MIB but SEALED for his buy it now price with free shipping......got them inspected the seal (to my lamen eyes looks legit and not rescaled).

The seller had I think 5 of them for sell. I only bought two because the price was so good.

Only thing that sucks is now I need to find a open copy lol...oh the irony.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/30/2014, 11:27 PM
Is this seller on crack?

I litterly bought three months ago two copies of this game not only MIB but SEALED for his buy it now price with free shipping......got them inspected the seal (to my lamen eyes looks legit and not rescaled).

The seller had I think 5 of them for sell. I only bought two because the price was so good.

You own  two sealed ones and want an open one???

Games are meant to be played :roll:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: synbiosfan on 05/30/2014, 11:30 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/30/2014, 11:27 PM
Is this seller on crack?

You own  two sealed ones and want an open one???

Games are meant to be played :roll:
It's the obsessive part of me. Also known as collectarditus

It will destroy us all!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/30/2014, 11:31 PMIt's the obsessive part of me. Also known as collectarditus

It will destroy us all!
If you don't open one of your copies, not only will people think less of you, you will also be a bit of a fuck. Not a lovely evening slow romance turned to intense heat, mind you, but a fuck.

I am sincerely disappointed. . . :(
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/31/2014, 12:44 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/30/2014, 11:31 PMIt's the obsessive part of me. Also known as collectarditus

It will destroy us all!
If you don't open one of your copies, not only will people think less of you, you will also be a bit of a fuck. Not a lovely evening slow romance turned to intense heat, mind you, but a fuck.

I see where you are coming from.  But the second copy is honestly for trade towards a game I have yet to add.

As for the need to open and play a game which is interactive and unlike films passive I get as well.  But this is not a rare game. It is easy enough to find open to play.  In that regard I think a few unopened copies how ever may exist can continue their sealed lives as parts of a collectors well collection.  They if anything are representations of the games fresh. 

If whome ever receives a sealed game new or old desires to leave it sealed that is their choice as at some point the game will pass hands and someone will open it....even if it is just time that unbinds it creating a unsealed game that if anything if very ready to be played with....a per verbal virgin game...

Now if I were to go and blah grade these sealed games thus removing the choice of anyone ever opening and playing them that I think would be a step to far removed from what gaming is.  The simple act of enjoying the game. Be it to beat it compelte it or master it with the next high score has always been my attraction to gaming since I first owned an Atari and would play with my father........

geise

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/31/2014, 02:20 AM

It will destroy us all!

I see where you are coming from.  But the second copy is honestly for trade towards a game I have yet to add.

As for the need to open and play a game which is interactive and unlike films passive I get as well.  But this is not a rare game. It is easy enough to find open to play.  In that regard I think a few unopened copies how ever may exist can continue their sealed lives as parts of a collectors well collection.  They if anything are representations of the games fresh. 

If whome ever receives a sealed game new or old desires to leave it sealed that is their choice as at some point the game will pass hands and someone will open it....even if it is just time that unbinds it creating a unsealed game that if anything if very ready to be played with....a per verbal virgin game...

Now if I were to go and blah grade these sealed games thus removing the choice of anyone ever opening and playing them that I think would be a step to far removed from what gaming is.  The simple act of enjoying the game. Be it to beat it compelte it or master it with the next high score has always been my attraction to gaming since I first owned an Atari and would play with my father........
As long as you're not VGA grading them I have no problem.  Buying games for trade bait isn't so bad.  There's people here that do that with big game lots.  Just don't expect to get much from a sealed copy of CF2.  That's about as common as they come for CD games.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 07:33 AMMmmmmm.... per verbal virgins. Thems the best kind!  With each word spoken that cherry reseals itself, and not just proverbally. I'm talking literally, holmes. It's like bubble wrap city all the poppin' you can do with a per verbal virgin. :lol:
The perpetual virgin...this is an intriguing concept.

It is, absolutely, a rare breed.

Speaking of virgins, I vividly remember an apostle of yore who was fond of asking anyone within earshot, "Mary, Mary—why you buggin'?"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: geise on 05/31/2014, 08:20 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/31/2014, 02:20 AM

It will destroy us all!

As long as you're not VGA grading them I have no problem.  Buying games for trade bait isn't so bad.  There's people here that do that with big game lots.  Just don't expect to get much from a sealed copy of CF2.  That's about as common as they come for CD games.
As I thought...it being a common game that is....

No deal of the century for me lol

bob

Medic_wheat

bob

Welcome to 2014.
Dont let 2004 kick you in the ass on the way out.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 05/31/2014, 07:23 PMWelcome to 2014.
Dont let 2004 kick you in the ass on the way out.
2004 was so kick ass!!!

So I take it that is just the going rate for that game?

Booooooo

Boooo

Hissssss

Guess I'll just save my pennies.....and canadine quarters.

Bernie

I had that game.  Let it go to Mathius last year I believe.

bob

Gonna be a tough one to find sealed, bro

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 05/31/2014, 07:31 PMGonna be a tough one to find sealed, bro
Okay you honestly made me spit out my soda with laughter with that zinger.

Good show ol boy good show..

bob

The saying is..."I just spit out my coffee, and i wasn't even drinking any"

:lol:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 05/31/2014, 02:20 AMI see where you are coming from.  But the second copy is honestly for trade towards a game I have yet to add.

Firstly, arrrright...

Secondly.... just open one of your two sealed copies...if you actually intend to play the damn thing, don't buy another, that's pretty... yeah....

Thirrrdly, having a sealed copy for trade bait, I guess can be a thing... I guess. blah.

Fourrrthly, The is/isn't rare factor shouldn't really be a thing. The fact is that you said you were going to maybe purchase an open copy of a game that you have twice, sealed, instead of simply opening one. Eff.

FIVE5 mai daddy gawt me into gaming on an atari 5200 which had been out for a thousand years by the point I was playing it. Haunted by Empire Strikes Back and ET to this day. Effffff. Thankfully an NES was purchased shortly after, but then again my big bro was a butthole NES hog. So... yeah.
IMG