@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

synbiosfan

roflmao

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2014, 10:41 PMLaugh now, but laugh even harder when we can all sell our copies of Dunjun Explorer for 4 figures. Thanks, Galam!
. Hey its Dunjun Exploder.. Get it right! Its da dopest :)

bob

No idea what you guys are talking about.   :-"

HailingTheThings

IMG

schweaty

NightWolve

Ah, illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Careful though, you might actually find a nut willing to pay that amount... ;) You never know. Heh. No, I kid, I kid.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: schweaty on 06/01/2014, 05:49 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Dungeon-Explorer-Turbografx-16-Tg16-BEST-ONE-ON-EBAY-such-rare-so-mega-HTF-MINT-/301201069604?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4620fb9624&autorefresh=true

is this someone from here?  if so, i like your moves. 

BTW - i offered $1.  wish i could go back and offer $.01  i might be overpaying
Got you covered just sent an offer of .99 cents. Unfortantly that is the lowest eBay allows you to offer apparently.

The picture used honestly hurts my eyes.

geise

Hell, I will offer $10 just for putting up the bin. :lol:

dallaspattern

deubeul

I'd submit the seller a swap for my 9,999$ Keith Courage.

MrFlutterPie

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/4502618027.html

Somebody better jump on this rare turbo graphix 16 for the low price of $350.  I mean they go for $899-1500 on ebay so you know you are getting a deal.

o.pwuaioc

MrFlutterPie

It's similar to the Turbographics-16 but more rarez.  :P

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/03/2014, 08:27 PMIt's similar to the Turbographics-16 but more rarez.  :P
What's a turbographics-16?

synbiosfan

csgx1

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/03/2014, 05:45 PMhttp://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/4502618027.html

Somebody better jump on this rare turbo graphix 16 for the low price of $350.  I mean they go for $899-1500 on ebay so you know you are getting a deal.
Well, it doesn't say what the one game that's included is.  It must be Magical Chase. :lol:

Sparky

hahahah.. beating horse gif... for the win

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: csgx1 on 06/03/2014, 10:27 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/03/2014, 05:45 PMhttp://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/4502618027.html

Well, it doesn't say what the one game that's included is.  It must be Magical Chase. :lol:
Or the ultra rare Kieth Courage WITH comic book!!!!  I see them sell on ebay for $150-$200.  :-"

ToyMachine78

HAHAHAHA!!! Galam is up to it again. At least its cleaned for you this time...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301206527316?nav=SEARCH

InfraMan

Holy @#$%, that last pic is too awesome! You are my new hero, galam =D>

Bernie

Now, what ya gonna do when someone actually buys it???

Bernie

seieienbu

Out of curiosity, if it sells on ebay but you don't get paid what happens to ebay fees?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Bernie

csgx1

Haha, Awesome!  Nice touch with..."Shipping will be 14.00 for Media Mail".

Mathius

Too funny! Bet it still smells like Dawn.

You should've actually took a pic of it being tested in a N64 Game Sack style.

roflmao

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2014, 08:43 PMHAHAHAHA!!! Galam is up to it again. At least its cleaned for you this time...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301206527316?nav=SEARCH
Hahaha.  I saw the posting the other day and didnt click into it because the price.  Glad you linked here!

InfraMan

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 10:43 AM
QuoteIt is the game which made a smashing success in Japan.
Now, it is a hardly obtained thing and especially a Japanese version is precious.

It is very precious also in Japan and it is difficult goods which are got except Japan.
Maybe if I contact him, we can work out an off-eBay trade for all of my base or something.

... oh wait, I forgot that all my base are already belong to him. Damn it. :evil:

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2014, 08:43 PMHAHAHAHA!!! Galam is up to it again. At least its cleaned for you this time...
Heh, keep 'em coming Galam.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

You may be getting user questions about this item, just saying ;)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 12:26 PMYou may be getting user questions about this item, just saying ;)
ive gotten a lot, but my favorite so far was a simple..."U stupid".
it was an ebay member with 15 feedback.  must be looking for the rarez all of a sudden.

glazball

I know I'll get shit for saying this, and I love you galam so this isn't a personal attack, but not all of us here are in the Fuck eBay Club.  In fact, I love eBay and don't know where I'd have found many of my treasured games without it.  I think your 10k listing for DH is in poor taste.  Making a joke listing, to me, is no better than trolls that run up a valid auction just to do it (as recently happened with NWC cart) with no intention of paying.  After all, we love our TG and though we know it's a parody, others out there in Dumbfuckland could take it the wrong way.  There's enough shadyness, gouging and other insanity with Turbob on eBay already; we shouldn't be throwing this in the mix.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

esteban

Galam, thank you for creating that listing.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 01:39 PMI know I'll get shit for saying this, and I love you galam so this isn't a personal attack, but not all of us here are in the Fuck eBay Club.  In fact, I love eBay and don't know where I'd have found many of my treasured games without it.  I think your 10k listing for DH is in poor taste.  Making a joke listing, to me, is no better than trolls that run up a valid auction just to do it (as recently happened with NWC cart) with no intention of paying.  After all, we love our TG and though we know it's a parody, others out there in Dumbfuckland could take it the wrong way.  There's enough shadyness, gouging and other insanity with Turbob on eBay already; we shouldn't be throwing this in the mix.
IMG
IMG

glazball

lol All I'm trying to say is - move it to craiglist.  Right now you have a live auction and if some rich mofo clicks Buy It Now, and you send him your game (which you are obligated to do), you'll be the biggest Turbogouger ever.  Take the pranks to CL and leave eBay to those who actually want to buy and sell.

This message brought to you by the eBay Police Dept.

NecroPhile

Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 06:24 PMRight now you have a live auction and if some rich mofo clicks Buy It Now, and you send him your game (which you are obligated to do), you'll be the biggest Turbogouger ever.
Or he could just cancel the sale.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

eBay is where the action is. eBay is where we bring the fight. In 1944 the Allies didn't invade Germany by way of Antarctica. That would just be silly.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 06:24 PMlol All I'm trying to say is - move it to craiglist.  Right now you have a live auction and if some rich mofo clicks Buy It Now, and you send him your game (which you are obligated to do), you'll be the biggest Turbogouger ever.  Take the pranks to CL and leave eBay to those who actually want to buy and sell.

This message brought to you by the eBay Police Dept.
.    I wouldn't consider it gouging. The person doesn't have to buy the game, and its not essential for his well being. Gouging usually indicates the good is a commodity, and usually applies to situations  where demand suddenly spikes and supply suddenly dries up, such as food, water, gas during natural disasters or civil emergency.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 06:33 PM
Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 06:24 PMRight now you have a live auction and if some rich mofo clicks Buy It Now, and you send him your game (which you are obligated to do), you'll be the biggest Turbogouger ever.
Or he could buy the game again for 1/10 of the price and not feel bad because someone was so stupid.  But let's face it, there is a zero percent chance anyone will buy this.

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 06:57 PMI wouldn't consider it gouging. The person doesn't have to buy the game, and its not essential for his well being. Gouging usually indicates the good is a commodity, and usually applies to situations  where demand suddenly spikes and supply suddenly dries up, such as food, water, gas during natural disasters or civil emergency.
If you feel that way then you disagree with the basic premise of this thread.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2014, 07:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 06:33 PM
Or he could buy the game again for 1/10 of the price and not feel bad because someone was so stupid.  But let's face it, there is a zero percent chance anyone will buy this.
.  Agreed!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 07:36 PM
Quote from: Sadler on 06/06/2014, 07:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 06:57 PMI wouldn't consider it gouging. The person doesn't have to buy the game, and its not essential for his well being. Gouging usually indicates the good is a commodity, and usually applies to situations  where demand suddenly spikes and supply suddenly dries up, such as food, water, gas during natural disasters or civil emergency.
If you feel that way then you disagree with the basic premise of this thread.
yah, toymachine.  Read my early posts and you'll see how far arguing that point gets ya. :lol:

I agree with ya to a degree, and while it is true that obey on ebay is not equal to a "shit i ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere and this passerby offered me a gallon of gas for $100" gouge, there is still a case to be made for the gouginess of collectards and speculation "investors" who keep driving up prices and inflating apparent demand by buying and selling from each other.

I agree that ebay is an open "fair" market... but it is one that can be manipulated like any other.
.   As usual Nulltard you sum it up very nicely. My point is if some dumbass wants to spend that much on a game, let them. But eBay is a market. Consumers have the power. If you don't like the high prices, stop buying the damn games. Sellers want to sell. If no one buys these inflated things the prices will come down. Why do you think shit ends up in clearance bins. But apparently there are enough collectards out there that the market is still willing to bear it.

ToyMachine78

To add to the above.... A lot of these games that sell for ridiculous amounts are auctions. So you really can't blame other sellers using BIN to price there games at a similar price point. Because the market is willing to pay it. I really don't think price gouging is the problem. Its collectards who are willing to spend waaaaay too much money

Mathius

There's been plenty of evidence of shill bidding going on between sellers to drive prices up. Impatient gamers and collectors looking for mantel pieces are only part of the story.

glazball

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2014, 07:00 PMOr he could buy the game again for 1/10 of the price and not feel bad because someone was so stupid.  But let's face it, there is a zero percent chance anyone will buy this.
Not true.  It's for sale on eBay, so it's not ZERO percent.  Of course I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone will buy it, but maybe some dbag with too much money may decide to buy it just because.  Why do random people leave tips of $1,000 (which always seem to turn up on Yahoo's main page) in random restaurants?  Why are random people hiding money around for random people to find?

Sure, I hope you sell it for 10K, buy another copy (when you find one) and enjoy some extra money, but by making the listing at all I have to wonder are you hoping that maybe someone will throw you an offer of say, $4000?  2000?  Are you just trying to see what kind of messages and offers you'll get by dangling a rare game out there that no one can buy from you?

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 09:12 PMhe is trying to entertain himself and us. Doing a good job of it, too.
You always have to have one dissenter.

At least most of us get it!