10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Populous

Started by Digi.k, 04/22/2006, 07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/27/2006, 12:06 PMI squeezed my copy of Populous and I don't think anythings in there.  Too bad they didn't allow for backup within the card (and with other RPGs as well) as it likely would have helped sell GTs.  It doesn't seem like Hudson took the portable market seriously.
Yep, no battery back-up and the lack of multi-player games kinda sucks.
Topic Adjourned.

wolfman

Sorry for re-opening this thread, but I am somewhat confused by the info here.

So far I heard that Populous doesn´t save a game - is that true?

Why do I then see a savegame slot named "Populous" in my IFU?
And when I try to load a game from within Populous, I always get the 1. Level "Genesis", although I played a higher Map just a minute ago?
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

CrackTiger

Quote from: wolfman on 02/11/2014, 08:23 AMSorry for re-opening this thread, but I am somewhat confused by the info here.

And when I try to load a game from within Populous, I always get the 1. Level "Genesis", although I played a higher Map just a minute ago?
The "RomRam" logo on the HuCard version of Populous led many people to believe that you could save directly onto the HuCard, like many cart games do on other consoles. But Populous only saves the way that all other PC Engine games do.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

wolfman

Quote from: guest on 02/11/2014, 10:50 AM
Quote from: wolfman on 02/11/2014, 08:23 AMSorry for re-opening this thread, but I am somewhat confused by the info here.

The "RomRam" logo on the HuCard version of Populous led many people to believe that you could save directly onto the HuCard, like many cart games do on other consoles. But Populous only saves the way that all other PC Engine games do.
I think I wasnt clear enough. I saw a Populous savegame on my IFU, but when I tried to load the savegame from within Populous I only started from the beginning, ie it didn´t save over the old savegame when I reached a new level. Strange thing is I couldnt delete it from the IFU with the Populous card in it.

I removed the card and booted with a system card, then deleting the savegame worked. Now it saves  the current status.
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.