Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/19/2014, 11:01 PMSo... it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who asemasterbationtechnician is... let's get a home address and I'll lead the mob to kick his ass. Or just sit on him (that's my special attack).  Fuck that guy.
I have bought a few things from him (he has good deals from time to time) and his labels are crap.  I got a game with one of his labels they are printed on mylar and they don't stay stuck to the case.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 01:53 PMI misunderstood... i thought he was flipping Sparky labels.  If these are of his own creation, then I'm calling off the hit.
They are his own and they suck ass

geise

...and people say we're hard on low post count users.  Fuck em'.  This is one of the main reasons for this.  Sad as it is there's always going to be people on here to take advantage of the generosity of quite a few of our long time members willing to help.

Keith Courage

I wonder if he read this thread? He lowered his price to $500 starting bid. That is much more like it and would actually be a great deal for anyone wanting the games he is including. http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-CDrom-lot-PC-Case-Mods-US-Japan-Svideo-19-games-/261485676178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce1c2c692

jelloslug

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 02:09 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 05/20/2014, 01:53 PMI misunderstood... i thought he was flipping Sparky labels.  If these are of his own creation, then I'm calling off the hit.
It such a shame that they are such low quality.  I kinda like the alternate labels that he offers.  They are just way too expensive since he only sells them with a case.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 03:12 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 01:53 PMI misunderstood... i thought he was flipping Sparky labels.  If these are of his own creation, then I'm calling off the hit.
It such a shame that they are such low quality.  I kinda like the alternate labels that he offers.  They are just way too expensive since he only sells them with a case.
Sparky could do a way better job. I have seen Sparky's labels and they are amaZING. This guys on Ebay tend to fall off.

jelloslug

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 03:17 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 05/20/2014, 03:12 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 05/20/2014, 01:53 PMI misunderstood... i thought he was flipping Sparky labels.  If these are of his own creation, then I'm calling off the hit.
Sparky could do a way better job. I have seen Sparky's labels and they are amaZING. This guys on Ebay tend to fall off.
Yea, I have a sparky set and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between his and stock ones.  The "other guys" labels just fall off.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 05:27 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 03:17 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 03:12 PM
Yea, I have a sparky set and you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between his and stock ones.  The "other guys" labels just fall off.
The only difference I saw was Sparky's are square and OEM are rounded. Would love to have the machine that cut them round like that lol I would give it to Sparky for a set of labels pre cut of course :-)

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 06:07 PMThe only difference I saw was Sparky's are square and OEM are rounded. Would love to have the machine that cut them round like that lol I would give it to Sparky for a set of labels pre cut of course :-)
If you really want one, look for a rounded corner punch in the scrapbooking section of craft stores (like Hobby Lobby).  They come in many different radii so surely you can find a match, and they're luckily pretty cheap (~$5).

Sparky was dismissive when I brought 'em up, and I have to agree after using a few stickers; the curve ain't worth the effort to me and the stickers look great as is, but to each their own.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/20/2014, 06:20 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 06:07 PMThe only difference I saw was Sparky's are square and OEM are rounded. Would love to have the machine that cut them round like that lol I would give it to Sparky for a set of labels pre cut of course :-)
If you really want one, look for a rounded corner punch in the scrapbooking section of craft stores (like Hobby Lobby).  They come in many different radii so surely you can find a match, and they're luckily pretty cheap (~$5).

Sparky was dismissive when I brought 'em up, and I have to agree after using a few stickers; the curve ain't worth the effort to me and the stickers look great as is, but to each their own.
You are correct Sir. they look awesome the way they are. I was meagerly suggesting for the real OEM look that would be the way to go :-) On the other hand the square look of Sparky's labels would let him know they are his and someone who is lazy and won't bother to round them would be caught out :-)

LostFlunky

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 10:15 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/321406856097?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D321406856097%26_rdc%3D1

Read the feedback and sounds kinda fishy!!!!! would you buy from. Chime in and be heard.
?

Why does it look like there is no indented "grip" on that HuCard?  Is it just a bad photo?

Mathius

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 05/20/2014, 11:21 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/20/2014, 10:15 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/321406856097?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D321406856097%26_rdc%3D1

Read the feedback and sounds kinda fishy!!!!! would you buy from. Chime in and be heard.
?

Why does it look like there is no indented "grip" on that HuCard?  Is it just a bad photo?
If you darken the pic a little it comes into view.

jelloslug

bob

Some ass hole is currently posting the mega R@REZ all over ebay. Terraformng for $900, godzilla for $350,  shit goes on and on and on.

geise

Quote from: galam on 05/21/2014, 05:15 PMSome ass hole is currently posting the mega R@REZ all over ebay. Terraformng for $900, godzilla for $350,  shit goes on and on and on.
:lol:  In Columbia, SC I believe 4 years ago I walked into this import games store called Software Seconds.  They had Terraforming for $100.  Then I thought they were out of their minds.  I think HenrySC probably bought that copy and the rest of the decent turbo stuff.  So ridiculous how it's gotten.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: geise on 05/21/2014, 05:52 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/21/2014, 05:15 PMSome ass hole is currently posting the mega R@REZ all over ebay. Terraformng for $900, godzilla for $350,  shit goes on and on and on.
:lol:  In Columbia, SC I believe 4 years ago I walked into this import games store called Software Seconds.  They had Terraforming for $100.  Then I thought they were out of their minds.  I think HenrySC probably bought that copy and the rest of the decent turbo stuff.  So ridiculous how it's gotten.
. Columbia? Thats where I live!

madboom0522

The guy posting the rares is a video game publisher.... He got a fair amount of them for free.... However he has been getting big money for them already... They are all mint most in the boxes. Air zonk cd went for $850 in less than 6 hours...  Look at where cotton is....
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

bob

HailingTheThings

IMG

HyperionAlpha

I suppose they're talking about this guy. How dare he, right?

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Didn't he start 'em all at a buck?  Since his description is pretty straightforward and not filled with BS stories about its worth, blame the bidders.

HyperionAlpha

Yeah. He has what looks like high-ish BINs, but that's just the BIN, no idea what the reserve is. And the BIN isn't far off from what some of those have gone for recently.

QuoteWow! since when did Cotton become so expensive?
Looks like it became that expensive at May-21-14 22:01:55 PDT, when someone offered to pay at least $605.99.

Ninja16608

Quote from: HyperionAlpha on 05/22/2014, 11:24 AMYeah. He has what looks like high-ish BINs, but that's just the BIN, no idea what the reserve is. And the BIN isn't far off from what some of those have gone for recently.
Trust me, it's high.

HyperionAlpha

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/22/2014, 11:25 AMTrust me, it's high.
Didn't Terraforming go for $750 a few weeks back? Super Air Zonk as well? I ain't saying that's chump change.

Ninja16608

Quote from: HyperionAlpha on 05/22/2014, 11:34 AM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/22/2014, 11:25 AMTrust me, it's high.
Didn't Terraforming go for $750 a few weeks back? Super Air Zonk as well? I ain't saying that's chump change.
Yes it did and his reserves are around there too.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 05/19/2014, 08:39 PMSparky could have deprived this seller of $900, and eBay of $100, by keeping a cheaper set of labels on eBay at all times. That would be the true "fuck you" to eBay, and people overpricing shitty labels. 
Ya man your right, I don't know what to say.. Sure I could sell these on eBay but it feels wrong to me, I don't want to deal with the instant collectors or maybe ebay resellers over there, you take the time to join a forum like this there should be advantages (( points to me )) :)[/quote]
At the end of the day, its your business. Plus, I doubt eBay would really care about losing that $100. They make so much money off sales, its absurd.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

bob

NecroPhile

Super rarez canuck version!  That should be worth at least 10x as much as the US version, seeing as how M.C. was so narrowly distributed that you could only get it from a single Tim Hortons in Winnipeg.

ToyMachine78

I'm so tired of seeing MC described as the "Holy Grail".

bob

HyperionAlpha

Cliche descriptions are cliche. Stupid descriptions are stupid. Stupid pricing is stupid.

Still, this is the best copy of MC that I've seen since I saw one inside the shrinkwrap.

seieienbu

Which is ironic given current stability of a low price on Sword of Vermillion.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Mathius

He very well could have said the word "Mint" at least a few more times. Come on man! Get with it!

ToyMachine78

Its been proven statistically that listings that contain "Mint" and "Rare" do sell for more money. Which is prob why you see so much of this shit.

bob

Quote from: seieienbu on 05/22/2014, 06:28 PMWhich is ironic given current stability of a low price on Sword of Vermillion.
Yeah, but the term sounds pretty majestic.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Ninja16608

Don't you know hailing, it's more than a million it's a Vermillion and everyone knows that's better.

NecroPhile

I like how it's relisted at $12,600 after failing to sell at $10,000.  Still got that $44 shipping though, so there's that.

ToyMachine78

I would feel embarrassed and ashamed to list a video game for that much and still charge for shipping. More proof these people have no souls!

lastcallhall

I just sent an offer for 12.00... Canadian.

:: fingers crossed ::

reson8er

You'd think this guy would at least throw in some actual mints for that price. sheesh.

jelloslug

Quote from: reson8er on 05/23/2014, 12:46 PMYou'd think this guy would at least throw in some actual mints for that price. sheesh.
He should sprinkle Andes Mints all around it.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: lastcallhall on 05/23/2014, 12:15 PMI just sent an offer for 12.00... Canadian.

Wow, lowball much? I would have at least offered $20. In fact, I may do so now.

lastcallhall

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2014, 02:41 PM
Quote from: lastcallhall on 05/23/2014, 12:15 PMI just sent an offer for 12.00... Canadian.

Well, F- you, Mr. Deep Pockets!

;)

Ninja16608

Quote from: lastcallhall on 05/23/2014, 02:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/23/2014, 02:41 PM

Well, F- you, Mr. Deep Pockets!

;)
What he said.

Gonna offer 20.25 just to top you :-)

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

seieienbu

Sigh.  This is how the gougers win!  Everyone out bidding each other!  When will the madness stop!?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93