10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Im not intending to sell it. Its all for the lulz. You are taking this way too seriously. If i was going to sell it, everybody knows it would be offered here first. I got it cheap (for DH anyway), not for profit.
I WILL do more of these because i find it funny.  This has nothing to do with the fu@k ebay club. Im not even officially a member. I buy games on ebay myself, there is no agenda here.   The whole point of this one was simply "washing" the game, which i thought was funny. The DE one was for the goofy pictures.  I just think its funny. Ebay needs some funny and i provided some funny.

InfraMan

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 06/06/2014, 09:44 PMIm not intending to sell it. Its all for the lulz. You are taking this way too seriously. If i was going to sell it, everybody knows it would be offered here first. I got it cheap (for DH anyway), not for profit.
I WILL do more of these because i find it funny.  This has nothing to do with the fu@k ebay club. Im not even officially a member. I buy games on ebay myself, there is no agenda here.   The whole point of this one was simply "washing" the game, which i thought was funny. The DE one was for the goofy pictures.  I just think its funny. Ebay needs some funny and i provided some funny.
Next thing you know you'll accept my best offerif $1 lol......that will REALLY confuse resellers lol....

Jk

seieienbu

The picture of you washing the game, did you actually do that?  I don't think that  I'd trust a CD case to be water tight...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ToyMachine78

Keep it up cause these give me a good laugh! :)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 11:11 PMThe picture of you washing the game, did you actually do that?  I don't think that  I'd trust a CD case to be water tight...
Obviously another case with a repro cover/manual, sir.
IMG

seieienbu

I would hope so.  As good as squeaky clean disks and cases are, waterlogged manuals are generally not the best things in the world!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

glazball

For comedic value, you should put something in your listing about how you washed it to be squeaky clean (please see pics). You know, something to bring the joke full circle.  Set the price to $999,999 to show you're just being silly.  With a 10K BIN or best offer, perhaps we'll all get trolled when someone does buy it for a few thousand!

Still, if you're truly not intending to sell it, you really shouldn't offer a BIN!  Would hate to see you to lose an awesome game that you found for an awesome price.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

HailingTheThings

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/06/2014, 11:43 PMwaterlogged manuals are generally not the best things in the world!
I know...

Quote from: glazball on 06/07/2014, 12:36 AMFor comedic value, you should put something in your listing about how you washed it to be squeaky clean (please see pics). You know, something to bring the joke full circle.  Set the price to $999,999 to show you're just being silly.  With a 10K BIN or best offer, perhaps we'll all get trolled when someone does buy it for a few thousand!

Still, if you're truly not intending to sell it, you really shouldn't offer a BIN!  Would hate to see you to lose an awesome game that you found for an awesome price.
Q-QFT...please?

IMG
IMG

esteban

Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 08:53 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2014, 07:00 PMOr he could buy the game again for 1/10 of the price and not feel bad because someone was so stupid.  But let's face it, there is a zero percent chance anyone will buy this.
Not true.  It's for sale on eBay, so it's not ZERO percent.  Of course I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone will buy it, but maybe some dbag with too much money may decide to buy it just because.  Why do random people leave tips of $1,000 (which always seem to turn up on Yahoo's main page) in random restaurants?  Why are random people hiding money around for random people to find?

Sure, I hope you sell it for 10K, buy another copy (when you find one) and enjoy some extra money, but by making the listing at all I have to wonder are you hoping that maybe someone will throw you an offer of say, $4000?  2000?  Are you just trying to see what kind of messages and offers you'll get by dangling a rare game out there that no one can buy from you?
Comrade, I genuinely feel that there are more important things to be worried about.

For example, I will fight to the death defending Blodia/Timeball. THIS IS TRULY A WORTHY CAUSE. A game's honor and integrity is at stake, after all. Most folks think I am merely goofing around, when, in fact, I am not. I AM MISS UNDR'STOOD. BLODIA IST MIZUNDERSTÜÜDEN. Even if I am only able to open one heart to embrace Blodia, I will die content and satisfied.

eBay, on the other hand, is not worthy of your time, tears or heart. Sure, it is a convenient marketplace. But there is a price for this convenience—your soul.

Comrade, I feel the pain in your tortured heart—eBay and pcefx are ripping you apart, pulling you in opposite directions.

I am not a spiritual advisor, nor am I a financial planner, but I can spot an existential crisis from across the chat room.

Godspeed, glazball. Godspeed.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: glazball on 06/07/2014, 12:36 AMFor comedic value, you should put something in your listing about how you washed it to be squeaky clean (please see pics). You know, something to bring the joke full circle.  Set the price to $999,999 to show you're just being silly.  With a 10K BIN or best offer, perhaps we'll all get trolled when someone does buy it for a few thousand!

Or say that the price is OVER 9 THOUSAND!

xcrement5x

Quote from: galam on 06/06/2014, 12:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2014, 12:26 PMYou may be getting user questions about this item, just saying ;)
ive gotten a lot, but my favorite so far was a simple..."U stupid".
it was an ebay member with 15 feedback.  must be looking for the rarez all of a sudden.
You need to respond and post them to the listing!  I deliberately made mine as ludicrous as possible for lulz.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2014, 06:03 AM
Quote from: glazball on 06/06/2014, 08:53 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2014, 07:00 PMOr he could buy the game again for 1/10 of the price and not feel bad because someone was so stupid.  But let's face it, there is a zero percent chance anyone will buy this.
Not true.  It's for sale on eBay, so it's not ZERO percent.  Of course I agree that it's highly unlikely that anyone will buy it, but maybe some dbag with too much money may decide to buy it just because.  Why do random people leave tips of $1,000 (which always seem to turn up on Yahoo's main page) in random restaurants?  Why are random people hiding money around for random people to find?

Sure, I hope you sell it for 10K, buy another copy (when you find one) and enjoy some extra money, but by making the listing at all I have to wonder are you hoping that maybe someone will throw you an offer of say, $4000?  2000?  Are you just trying to see what kind of messages and offers you'll get by dangling a rare game out there that no one can buy from you?
Comrade, I genuinely feel that there are more important things to be worried about.

For example, I will fight to the death defending Blodia/Timeball. THIS IS TRULY A WORTHY CAUSE. A game's honor and integrity is at stake, after all. Most folks think I am merely goofing around, when, in fact, I am not. I AM MISS UNDR'STOOD. BLODIA IST MIZUNDERSTÜÜDEN. Even if I am only able to open one heart to embrace Blodia, I will die content and satisfied.

eBay, on the other hand, is not worthy of your time, tears or heart. Sure, it is a convenient marketplace. But there is a price for this convenience—your soul.

Comrade, I feel the pain in your tortured heart—eBay and pcefx are ripping you apart, pulling you in opposite directions.

I am not a spiritual advisor, nor am I a financial planner, but I can spot an existential crisis from across the chat room.

Godspeed, glazball. Godspeed.

Some of your best work right there, este!

P.S. TurboDoodle4ever, brother! ;)

glazball

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2014, 06:03 AMComrade, I genuinely feel that there are more important things to be worried about.
You're right esteban.

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2014, 06:03 AMeBay, on the other hand, is not worthy of your time, tears or heart. Sure, it is a convenient marketplace. But there is a price for this convenience—your soul.
I have been using ebay since the late 90s, long before buying/collecting old retro games was the cool thing to do, before PayPal, before other members' usernames were hidden from each other, etc.  And before these forums were around.  I still feel a sense of community there as well, and try to stick up for it when everyone else likes to tear it down (and then still use it).

I knew I would get some grief by speaking up (I even waited a day before posting), but galam's attempt at lulz may come back to bite him in the ass.  The more I think about the listing, the more I can't help but feel like he is just showboating a rare game, dangling a carrot out there for eBayers saying "You want this - I know you do, but you can't have it, not even for ten thousand dollars".  But that gets into personal attack territory that I'm desperately trying to avoid because I know galam is a good guy.  One of the best here.

That is all, comrades, love you all!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

esteban

Quote from: glazball on 06/08/2014, 09:40 AM
Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2014, 06:03 AMComrade, I genuinely feel that there are more important things to be worried about.
You're right esteban.

Quote from: esteban on 06/07/2014, 06:03 AMeBay, on the other hand, is not worthy of your time, tears or heart. Sure, it is a convenient marketplace. But there is a price for this convenience—your soul.
I have been using ebay since the late 90s, long before buying/collecting old retro games was the cool thing to do, before PayPal, before other members' usernames were hidden from each other, etc.  And before these forums were around.  I still feel a sense of community there as well, and try to stick up for it when everyone else likes to tear it down (and then still use it).

I knew I would get some grief by speaking up (I even waited a day before posting), but galam's attempt at lulz may come back to bite him in the ass.  The more I think about the listing, the more I can't help but feel like he is just showboating a rare game, dangling a carrot out there for eBayers saying "You want this - I know you do, but you can't have it, not even for ten thousand dollars".  But that gets into personal attack territory that I'm desperately trying to avoid because I know galam is a good guy.  One of the best here.

That is all, comrades, love you all!
AHHH, you know full-well that the eBay of today is quite different (and worse) than the eBay of yesteryear (I am  stevek666 on eBay...it was my second account...I started using eBay shortly after it started).

I believe that we, the older folks, are the ones who are the harshest critics of eBay because we actually experienced all the changes (there have many "eras" already).

Also, gag listings on eBay are OLD, OLD NEWS.

SPOILER: I don't want to ruin things for you, but there are gag reviews on amazon.com, too! Some of them are absolutely hilarious!

Glazball, I don't really want to change your views. I'm happy you are here and I always liked your avatar (oddly, that's how I remember you). Basically, what I'm saying is: let's hug and read some hilarious gag reviews on amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/AutoExec-Wheelmate-Steering-Attachable-Surface/dp/B00E1D1GY6

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/08/2014, 10:20 AMI still think there is sand in your lady parts. :lol:

back on topic, I found a seller I want to kick in the nuts. Here is a highlight from his illustrious history.

bought:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290907174335&globalID=EBAY-FR&alt=web

sold:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271496622314&alt=web

he's also flipping sealed games from diskounters for a measly $10 profit. I'd buy up diskounter's entire stock if i had the dough just to keep it out of this asshole's hands.

Edit:  ok, I just realized who this is and he is not an asshole nor would I kick him in the nuts. In fact he strikes me as a Robin Hood type all things considered. Conflicting feelings... dichotomy... dissonance... All I'm certain of is that I'm jealous of the sealed Jack Nicklaus CD for $30ish USD shipped!
That's me.  Yes I did buy that CD for nothing and flip it.  I had no intentions of doing so but idiots were paying mint money for that golf game so I took advantage of it.  As for the other diskounter stuff, I bought one for me, one to give away for free here and I'm just attempting to make a buck or two so I can give away other free sealed games here later.

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/08/2014, 03:21 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/08/2014, 03:02 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 06/08/2014, 10:20 AMI still think there is sand in your lady parts. :lol:

back on topic, I found a seller I want to kick in the nuts. Here is a highlight from his illustrious history.

bought:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=290907174335&globalID=EBAY-FR&alt=web

sold:

he's also flipping sealed games from diskounters for a measly $10 profit. I'd buy up diskounter's entire stock if i had the dough just to keep it out of this asshole's hands.

Edit:  ok, I just realized who this is and he is not an asshole nor would I kick him in the nuts. In fact he strikes me as a Robin Hood type all things considered. Conflicting feelings... dichotomy... dissonance... All I'm certain of is that I'm jealous of the sealed Jack Nicklaus CD for $30ish USD shipped!
That's me.  Yes I did buy that CD for nothing and flip it.  I had no intentions of doing so but idiots were paying mint money for that golf game so I took advantage of it.  As for the other diskounter stuff, I bought one for me, one to give away for free here and I'm just attempting to make a buck or two so I can give away other free sealed games here later.
Hence the Robin Hood thing. :lol:  it looked bad on the surface until I realized it was you just offsetting all the freebies you've given away. Sorry for singling you out before I realized who you were.  I'm still jealous of the golf game find. ( :
I debated over even selling it but it was too good of a deal to pass up.  I cold have probably gotten even more for it as it sold in about 3 minutes.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2014, 03:02 PMThat's me.  Yes I did buy that CD for nothing and flip it.  I had no intentions of doing so but idiots were paying mint money for that golf game so I took advantage of it.  As for the other diskounter stuff, I bought one for me, one to give away for free here and I'm just attempting to make a buck or two so I can give away other free sealed games here later.
Ooh, I looked at your things and you has a world sports competition manual hanging out. Wanna accidentally throw it my way, cutie-pie? :3
IMG

jelloslug

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/08/2014, 08:51 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/08/2014, 03:02 PMThat's me.  Yes I did buy that CD for nothing and flip it.  I had no intentions of doing so but idiots were paying mint money for that golf game so I took advantage of it.  As for the other diskounter stuff, I bought one for me, one to give away for free here and I'm just attempting to make a buck or two so I can give away other free sealed games here later.
Ooh, I looked at your things and you has a world sports competition manual hanging out. Wanna accidentally throw it my way, cutie-pie? :3
Shoot me a PM, I'm sure we could work something out.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Lochlan

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2014, 09:54 PMVariants are "Limited Editions".
Do you know the origin of the two different spine colors?  The pink one (which I think looks quite a bit nicer!) does seem to be the more common variant.  This might be stretching, but perhaps the seller meant "limited edition" in the most literal sense--in that it's the more limited of the two "editions"?
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

NecroPhile

They're reprints, Lochlan, like a "greatest hits" version.

Boo-urns on jelloslug for gouging.

I see glazball is still whining.  On the off chance that someone buys one of his joke auction, he can easily cancel the sale.  Sheesh, get a funny bone.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jelloslug

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/09/2014, 10:19 AMBoo-urns on jelloslug for gouging.
Just as long as you are not booing.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/08/2014, 10:20 AMI still think there is sand in your lady parts. :lol:

bought:

sold:

.  Is he a forum member? He doesn't live far from me. I can go kick him in the nuts if you'd like :)

ToyMachine78

^^ never mind.... I see that its jelloslug

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/09/2014, 10:53 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:38 AM^^ never mind.... I see that its jelloslug
Lol...

You can go buy him a beer for me. How about that?

While the flipping is somewhat contributing to the trend of increasing prices, he is in essence taking money from collectards in order to hook up community members with free games while also building his own collection.  The turbokarma yin & yang is in harmony here.  At most, you can give him a playful slap on the ass and say "that's from HailingTheThings" as punishment for flipping my Jack Nicklaus CD that should have been mine if only i'd seen it first.  :lol:
Oh and FYI: the total for the game shipped from France was $17.72 

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/09/2014, 11:14 AM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/09/2014, 10:57 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:38 AM^^ never mind.... I see that its jelloslug
Lol...

While the flipping is somewhat contributing to the trend of increasing prices, he is in essence taking money from collectards in order to hook up community members with free games while also building his own collection.  The turbokarma yin & yang is in harmony here.  At most, you can give him a playful slap on the ass and say "that's from HailingTheThings" as punishment for flipping my Jack Nicklaus CD that should have been mine if only i'd seen it first.  :lol:
On second thought, go ahead and kick him in the nuts, ToyMachine. :lol:
I also sold an empty Earthbound box that I found in my moms attic for $250.  I don't even remember buying that game...

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:18 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:14 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:57 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:53 AM
Lol...

I also sold an empty Earthbound box that I found in my moms attic for $250.  I don't even remember buying that game...
.  That's nice.... Come talk to us when you can sell a 25 yr old plastic bag for $50 lol :)

jelloslug

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:24 AM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/09/2014, 11:18 AM
Quote from: Nulltard on 06/09/2014, 11:14 AM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/09/2014, 10:57 AM
Lol...

.  That's nice.... Come talk to us when you can sell a 25 yr old plastic bag for $50 lol :)
I gotta see that.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:25 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:24 AM
Lol...

I gotta see that.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17043.0

Medic_wheat

Lol...

I am happy with just the game myself.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:53 AMAt most, you can give him a playful slap on the ass and say "that's from HailingTheThings" as punishment for flipping my Jack Nicklaus CD
Fine with me. Mister jelloslug is adorable. :3
IMG

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/09/2014, 05:18 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 10:53 AMAt most, you can give him a playful slap on the ass and say "that's from HailingTheThings" as punishment for flipping my Jack Nicklaus CD
Hahahhahjahahaha.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 06/09/2014, 07:33 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/09/2014, 05:18 PM
Hahahhahjahahaha.
I like that there's a "j" in all of that "ha." hehe :3
IMG

Ninja16608

Wow what a bunch of Hippocrates we have here. Everyone is all oh oh you shouldn't do that but someone that gives shit away it's ok for ???? Hmmmm I have nothing personal against anyone but this kind of thing was once frowned upon on these forums but now acceptable? I bet if I told you I found a dynastic hero in my local pawn shop for 10 bux and made 1500 on it everyone would throw a fucking shit fit..... anyhow that's my rant take it or leave it....

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 06/10/2014, 02:29 PMWow what a bunch of Hippocrates we have here. Everyone is all oh oh you shouldn't do that but someone that gives shit away it's ok for ???? Hmmmm I have nothing personal against anyone but this kind of thing was once frowned upon on these forums but now acceptable? I bet if I told you I found a dynastic hero in my local pawn shop for 10 bux and made 1500 on it everyone would throw a fucking shit fit..... anyhow that's my rant take it or leave it....
I am to new here to really weigh in. But I think it is less to do withthe guy giving stuff away and more that he is well known/liked within this community. So based on that they are giving him a pass I guess

jelloslug

Meh, I make no excuses for what I sell.  Hell, I bet 99% of the people here would have sold that game given what was paid for it and what it sold for especially given that a sealed game like that is nothing more than a shelf trophy.  While I do enjoy handing out sealed games (and other stuff) and selling helps cover the cost I sold that specific game because the market was hot (it sold in about 5 minutes BTW).  I have a bunch of stuff that I have collected over the last few years and as recently as yesterday that I have either recently sold or am in the process of selling. I could offer it here (which most of it already has been) but the majority of it is common to kinda-rare at the most and I got no replies or offers.  Some people like to use the word "gouge" here a lot but I really don't think they know what it means.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 06/10/2014, 02:29 PMWow what a bunch of Hippocrates we have here.
We're all an ancient Greek doctor?  Cool! 

Quote from: jelloslug on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMMeh, I make no excuses for what I sell.
Yep.  That makes you a lot like null (and every other seller in this thread): gouge when it suits your purposes.

Quote from: jelloslug on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMSome people like to use the word "gouge" here a lot but I really don't think they know what it means.
As has been discussed multiple times within this thread, we are not using a strict dictionary definition for what constitutes a gouge.

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 03:20 PM
Quote from: Ninja16608 on 06/10/2014, 02:29 PMWow what a bunch of Hippocrates we have here.
We're all an ancient Greek doctor?  Cool! 

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMMeh, I make no excuses for what I sell.
Yep.  That makes you a lot like null (and every other seller in this thread): gouge when it suits your purposes.

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMSome people like to use the word "gouge" here a lot but I really don't think they know what it means.
As has been discussed multiple times within this thread, we are not using a strict dictionary definition for what constitutes a gouge.
Yeah damn auto correct lol

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMMeh, I make no excuses for what I sell.  Hell, I bet 99% of the people here would have sold that game given what was paid for it and what it sold for especially given that a sealed game like that is nothing more than a shelf trophy.  While I do enjoy handing out sealed games (and other stuff) and selling helps cover the cost I sold that specific game because the market was hot (it sold in about 5 minutes BTW).  I have a bunch of stuff that I have collected over the last few years and as recently as yesterday that I have either recently sold or am in the process of selling. I could offer it here (which most of it already has been) but the majority of it is common to kinda-rare at the most and I got no replies or offers.  Some people like to use the word "gouge" here a lot but I really don't think they know what it means.
Like I said Jello it's nothing personal, I would wager a left nut that anyone including myself would have done the same thing. My problem is everyone on here bitches and cries when this sort of thing happens, so to come on here and openly say it is a whole different animal. Madboom got super shit on for just asking a few questions, I have seen people get crucified for trying to buy a house with the games they sell, and the guy did get his house off the back of everyone here. It just amazes me at how one person gets the shaft and another gets a pat on the back with a nice job to boot, that's all i'm saying. Again nothing personal and probably in the future you might not want to let the world know :-) I am sure there are those who are super pissed about that have not said anything out of fear of getting shit on. Me I could care less.

jelloslug

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/10/2014, 03:20 PMAs has been discussed multiple times within this thread, we are not using a strict dictionary definition for what constitutes a gouge.
blah blah blah.  People that put a Bonk 3 CD manual up for sale for $250 are gougers.  People that put Magical Chase up for sale for $14000 are gougers. But when I sell a game for a price that I could have easily gotten double for some people get bent all out of shape. To most of the holier than thou people here think anything sold for more than what it was worth in 2002 is gouging.  I'm done with my rant now, feel free to enter in my next raffle in a few days.

NecroPhile

jelloslug

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 06/10/2014, 03:28 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/10/2014, 03:02 PMMeh, I make no excuses for what I sell.  Hell, I bet 99% of the people here would have sold that game given what was paid for it and what it sold for especially given that a sealed game like that is nothing more than a shelf trophy.  While I do enjoy handing out sealed games (and other stuff) and selling helps cover the cost I sold that specific game because the market was hot (it sold in about 5 minutes BTW).  I have a bunch of stuff that I have collected over the last few years and as recently as yesterday that I have either recently sold or am in the process of selling. I could offer it here (which most of it already has been) but the majority of it is common to kinda-rare at the most and I got no replies or offers.  Some people like to use the word "gouge" here a lot but I really don't think they know what it means.
Like I said Jello it's nothing personal, I would wager a left nut that anyone including myself would have done the same thing. My problem is everyone on here bitches and cries when this sort of thing happens, so to come on here and openly say it is a whole different animal. Madboom got super shit on for just asking a few questions, I have seen people get crucified for trying to buy a house with the games they sell, and the guy did get his house off the back of everyone here. It just amazes me at how one person gets the shaft and another gets a pat on the back with a nice job to boot, that's all i'm saying. Again nothing personal and probably in the future you might not want to let the world know :-) I am sure there are those who are super pissed about that have not said anything out of fear of getting shit on. Me I could care less.
No offence taken.  There will always be people in any community that expect everyone to conform to their personal opinion no matter the situation.

jelloslug

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/10/2014, 04:08 PMSince I figured out who he is and know he doesn't flip games for a living and it was a situational occurrence, I withdrew my stated desire to deliver a boot to his sack.
Just wait until I start selling off my stack of systems that I have been fixing and slightly modding.  :lol:

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/10/2014, 04:29 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/10/2014, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 06/10/2014, 04:08 PMSince I figured out who he is and know he doesn't flip games for a living and it was a situational occurrence, I withdrew my stated desire to deliver a boot to his sack.
Just wait until I start selling off my stack of systems that I have been fixing and slightly modding.  :lol:
Doesn't count. You'd have to have had them fixed and modded by other techs here for cheap, and then sell for not-cheap in order to qualify for a crotch booting.
:lol:  on a side note, I think one of the poor systems that I fixed had actually been on fire at some point.

jelloslug

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 06/10/2014, 04:22 PMJust wait until I start selling off my stack of systems that I have been fixing and slightly modding.  :lol:
Ooh, do we get a sneeeak peeeak? :3

Also, calling you "TurboHood" can be a thing, yes?
IMG