PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tggodfrey

Tonma used to be on ebay quite a bit 3 years ago.  A loosy only ran you 28.00.  No idea why its considered so rare.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

bob

Quote from: guest on 06/16/2014, 09:35 AM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/16/2014, 08:50 AMTiger as far as i can those are all PC engine games, not tg16 and this is the TG section if the forum.  To date there aren't any counterfeits if the high priced TG 16 games.

We do have reproduction cards of magical chase but it is just that and can no way be passed as original
I'm working on some counterfeits... almost done with Dynastic Hero repro.
notarepro.jpg
I still hate this photo.

technozombie

Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/17/2014, 03:13 PMTonma used to be on ebay quite a bit 3 years ago.  A loosy only ran you 28.00.  No idea why its considered so rare.
Perceived rarity is probably more important than actual rarity. I have this theory that when Gamestop, stopped carrying used NES and SNES games that it had a profound effect on the collecting market. Knowing that you could walk in to such a large chain store and purchase these old games meant that you didn't need to. They would be there if you wanted them. 10 years, or so, later and they're not setting there like they used to be, the first place people look is Ebay. Couple that with nostalgia and the increased buying power of our generation and you've got a bubble. I've seen a couple of articles where Gamestop is talking about getting back into retro games, and I think that if they do the market will crash. If you can walk in and buy something anytime, you'll be in less of a hurry to buy it.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: technozombie on 06/17/2014, 08:20 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/17/2014, 03:13 PMTonma used to be on ebay quite a bit 3 years ago.  A loosy only ran you 28.00.  No idea why its considered so rare.
Perceived rarity is probably more important than actual rarity. I have this theory that when Gamestop, stopped carrying used NES and SNES games that it had a profound effect on the collecting market. Knowing that you could walk in to such a large chain store and purchase these old games meant that you didn't need to. They would be there if you wanted them. 10 years, or so, later and they're not setting there like they used to be, the first place people look is Ebay. Couple that with nostalgia and the increased buying power of our generation and you've got a bubble. I've seen a couple of articles where Gamestop is talking abou getting back into retro games, and I think that if they do the market will crash. If you can walk in and buy something anytime, you'll be in less of a hurry to buy it.
I don't know if the whole walk into a store and buy a game makes it any cheaper idea makes seanse

As it is based on availability and consumerism that steamers from ease of access. 

Because if you are hanging your hat on that idea then it already exist.  It's called eBay/amazon.

Also I hope GameStop does not go into retro game selling.  They attempted this with a piss poor selection of games you could get with gamer points and they wanted someone like 25,000 points for a Mario/Duckhunt game.

And to get 25,000 gamer points you basically have to spend I store something like $1,000 bucks. 

My number might be way off as this whole retro game thing they tried was like a fart in the wind and QUICKLY abandoned.

synbiosfan

It's not eBay but to me this seems high priced but as always, you tell me :wink:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?251612-FS-MINT-US-Turbo-Duo-with-mods

$950 shipped in the US.

Psycho Punch

Capitalistix is an user of this very forum.

*grabs popcorn*
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/27/2014, 10:49 PMIt's not eBay but to me this seems high priced but as always, you tell me :wink:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?251612-FS-MINT-US-Turbo-Duo-with-mods

$950 shipped in the US.
says need to be member of the forum to view the content...oh well...

<------------puts the popcorn away

Psycho Punch

Apparently it is also modded by turbokon. Way to go Capitalistix.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

synbiosfan

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 06/28/2014, 07:07 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/27/2014, 10:49 PMIt's not eBay but to me this seems high priced but as always, you tell me :wink:

$950 shipped in the US.
says need to be member of the forum to view the content...oh well...

<------------puts the popcorn away
For the NG impaired  :P

QuoteFor sale is my absolutely mint US Turbo Duo system. Its the gem of my console collection and while I don't really want to part with it, I need to. Ive never seen such an immaculate console in my life. The story with this is as follows. An older gentleman bought it new in the 90s, played it once or twice, put it back in its box and there it sat for 20 years until a younger relative found it and traded it into the game store where I picked it up 2 years ago.

The console itself has had ALL caps replaced, and a component mod installed. I didn't want to alter anything physically on the unit to keep it immaculate and stock, so it outputs component through the normal AV plug on the side of the console. The composite still works fine as well. Honestly theres nothing better than playing lords of thunder or rondo of blood in beautiful 240p on your HD flat with this console, its amazing.

The box is in very very good condition. Normal wear around the edges but no ripping or tearing of any flaps or holes or anything of the sort. The
styrofoam inside the box is all intact and present and in good condition as well.

The accessories are are all mint as well, the controller is flawless, the AC brick is mint as well. The only other accessories are the original composite cable and new component cable, which are also in basically new condition.

The package comes with all the original pack in 5 games. Ys 1/2, Gates of tinder/Bonks Adventure/Bonks Revenge triple CD. And Ninja spirit on Turbo chip. All are Mint and look to be unplayed at all.

Let me just say "paperwork". Theres a shitload. This thing comes with all the original papers like Warrantee cards, Import Lists, Poster, Instruction manual, warning cards, setup instructions... EVERYTHING and its all in super mint condition, even comes with the plastic baggy that holds all of it including the games. Honestly the only thing missing from all of this is the paper obi that went around the box describing the pack in games. Thats it and I mean it.

Im asking $950 USD ill have to charge shipping for international but CONUS is covered.

Honestly the only requisite I have is that it go to a good home as there aren't many consoles out there at all like this one and never will be ever again.

TL;DR Its in amazing condition, is rare, plays games in beautiful component and if you buy it, please don't like, take a shit on it or anything... yeah.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks guys, And yes turbokon did the work. He does great stuff! I'd love to keep it, trust me, its by far the nicest system I've ever owned and I love many Turbo games, but I'm moving very soon and its expensive to move and also trying to downsize the console collection at the same time .
There are a ton of pictures too. It is a sharp looking system no doubt but based on the price I don't think he's hooking anyone up.

Mathius

Well it appears that someone is stupid enough to pay a grand for a boxed Duo. Sale is pending.

The next idiot like this I see is getting their house tied to a giant counter-balanced catapult.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2014, 09:44 PMWell it appears that someone is stupid enough to pay a grand for a boxed Duo. Sale is pending.

The next idiot like this I see is getting their house tied to a giant counter-balanced catapult.
Its probably Mike Matei because he needs a back up.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/28/2014, 10:30 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2014, 09:44 PMWell it appears that someone is stupid enough to pay a grand for a boxed Duo. Sale is pending.

Its probably Mike Matei because he needs a back up.
As in James Rolfe's friend? That guy rubs me wrong for some reason.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Mathius on 06/28/2014, 10:41 PMAs in James Rolfe's friend? That guy rubs me wrong for some reason.
Yes, that's who I was jokingly referring to. I, too don't like him that much. Used to think he was alright, but got annoyed with him the more he popped up. He's decent at drawing though.
IMG

Alt-Nintega

I love NEC stuff don't get me wrong...but there is no effing way in hell I am paying more for a Duo than the new gen systems (newest versions of PS or Xbox). Tell that guy Capitalistics, he can shove that duo up his ass for that price.

wildfruit

Ah yes the holy grail of a mint AC adapter

pc_kwajalein

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Air-Zonk-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/191206536291?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c84cc3463

Super Air Zonk for just $999.99. No spinecard appears to be present, but I'm sure he'd add another $100 if he had one.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Bernie

Game did not come with a spine card.  :)  Certainly not worth 1000 bucks either....  ugh

CrackTiger

Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 06/29/2014, 05:38 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Air-Zonk-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/191206536291?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c84cc3463

Super Air Zonk for just $999.99. No spinecard appears to be present, but I'm sure he'd add another $100 if he had one.
Turbo games don't have spine cards.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2014, 07:44 PM
Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 06/29/2014, 05:38 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Air-Zonk-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/191206536291?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c84cc3463

Turbo games don't have spine cards.
You're right. I'm mixing up the US and JP disc game packaging.  But yeah, a grand for SAZ is absurd
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

Lochlan

Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 06/29/2014, 09:17 PMBut yeah, a grand for SAZ is absurd
The last several copies for sale have gone for ~$800, so a grand isn't exactly "absurd" relative to what it's been selling for recently.  It's definitely a gouge, but not the worst I've seen.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

NecroPhile

Capitalistix.... at least he's true to his name.  It's probably worth a grand just to get that rare Gates of Tinder.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Lochlan on 06/30/2014, 04:20 AM
Quote from: pc_kwajalein on 06/29/2014, 09:17 PMBut yeah, a grand for SAZ is absurd
The last several copies for sale have gone for ~$800, so a grand isn't exactly "absurd" relative to what it's been selling for recently.  It's definitely a gouge, but not the worst I've seen.
Except it's that kind of attitude that quickly made it climb from $100 to $1000 in a matter of months. We could be saying the same things a couple years from now when it's aporoaching $10000, if there are still any collectards with any credit left.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Lochlan

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2014, 11:00 AMExcept it's that kind of attitude that quickly made it climb from $100 to $1000 in a matter of months
You're quite right of course, but there's no reversal available.  Claiming that the high prices are somehow less valid than low prices doesn't seem to have much effect, e.g. Nat saying Magical Chase is a $150 game countless times.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

Gentlegamer

Without firing up an emulator, is Magical Chase even a good game?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

If you can separate its going price from your expectations, then yes.  It's cute, has a good variety of enemies and weapons to use, nice tunes, and sports a few graphical tricks you won't see often elsewhere.

Mathius

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/30/2014, 04:33 PMWithout firing up an emulator, is Magical Chase even a good game?
Buy an Everdrive and play it on real hardware. Your wallet will be glad you did. :)

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Mathius on 06/30/2014, 08:04 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/30/2014, 04:33 PMWithout firing up an emulator, is Magical Chase even a good game?
Buy an Everdrive and play it on real hardware. Your wallet will be glad you did. :)
.  Yes, and get Bernie's ED image. There is a link to it somewar on here

Medic_wheat

Since I dont' want to get flake for posting a new thread, I am posting this here.

Since this seems to be about ANY video game related over pricing items be it ebay, amazon, or craigslist...

mind you at most I am derailing that it is not NEC related but poo on that...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1st-ISSUE-EVER-NINTENDO-POWER-INCLUDES-COMMEMORATIVE-PIN-LOOK/191229793012?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D21235%26meid%3D8013311237408605501%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D9374%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D301231617400&rt=nc

"This magazine is the premier issue of Nintendo Power and it is awesome! It's full of info from classic retro games like Super Mario Bros. 2, Legend of Zelda, Contra, and Double Dragon. It also has tons of extras like Players Polls and Fan Mail. If your a fan of any Nintendo related games or items or you're just a fan of Nintendo Power, then you will love this amazing first issue!

There is a Nintendo Power Pin that came with the first magazine that is included.

This magazine is retailing for $299 on Amazon.

GOOD LUCK BIDDING!!!"

Okay you just stated that on Amazon the first issue goes for $299

but you want nearly $1,000.00 for yours?

and what what it looks like you don't even bother to post a picture of your item just a stock image..or of this pin that it comes with?

Lazy....

I will aggree that Nintendo Power 1 &2 (maybe other not so sure) have risen in price some what since Nintendo stoped publishing the magazines (still have hope a digital release may still happen really tie in tablets and WiiU pads) but I doubt to this level.

I got the first 49 issues in a lot a few years back (in pretty decent condition) from some poor guy selling his childhood who didn't need/want it after finding them tucked away in his parents attick but come one.....

I doubt honestly if you can even tell a first printing from a reprinted back issue which I belive Ninendo offered to send may of the first volumes of Nintendo Power until around the 80's (numbered) volumes.....

Well enough ranting...

back to looking for issues 50-100 .....I plan on going for a complete set one day.....la la la

Medic_wheat

Just saw this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turboduo-PC-Engine-PC-Engine-Duo-systems-and-games-lot-this-is-the-one-/331238853886?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1f5fccfe

I'll admit there are MANY good games on my want list..

but me being a newbler I couldn't honeslty say if the price is to much....I'll defer to a more experianced NEC fan for that.

Points of interest: (for me)

-Seems someone is sellign off their collection
-Summer Carnival 93' was also for the PC-Engine? wow didn't know that...it's hard enough to find a Famicon (legit) copy ...not that I could affored it.
-I think my inner Obey just gave me a woody after looking at this collection.

about it......I have a feeling this may already be posted some where else....as this certianly can't be unknown to this group.

NecroPhile

There's quite a few pricey titles in that lot, but an average of $55 per title is way too high, and that's factoring in a very generous price for the hardware.  Methinks it's another guy fishing for offers and hoping to eventually sell off eBay.

Alt-Nintega

this clown here wants 400 plus for a "new" ( not really ) turbo express

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboExpress-TurboGrafx-Turbo-Express-Turbo-GrafX-16-Game-/161355521292?pt=Video_Games&hash=item259189dd0c

if this is the going rate then there is a flaw. There is a LOT of people who have "almost" new TE's like this dickhead right here. he is a joke imo.

NecroPhile

That d-pad is awfully dirty for something that's 'never been used', but at least it comes with the all important syscard.

jelloslug

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/03/2014, 09:31 AMThat d-pad is awfully dirty for something that's 'never been used', but at least it comes with the all important syscard.
Maybe he stored it in his carport. 

NecroPhile

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 07/03/2014, 09:31 AMThat d-pad is awfully dirty for something that's 'never been used', but at least it comes with the all important syscard.
That's Moses' thumbcheese!  An Old Testament relic!

Gentlegamer

I've won and seen some genuinely reasonable TG-16 auctions on ebay recently. Perhaps there's hope.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Otaking

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 05:12 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Turboduo-PC-Engine-PC-Engine-Duo-systems-and-games-lot-this-is-the-one-/331238853886?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1f5fccfe

but me being a newbler I couldn't honeslty say if the price is to much....I'll defer to a more experianced NEC fan for that.
The asking price is ridiculously too high.

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 05:12 PM-Summer Carnival 93' was also for the PC-Engine? wow didn't know that...it's hard enough to find a Famicon (legit) copy ...not that I could affored it.
Summer Carnival '93  is a special edition of Nexzr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

jelloslug

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/03/2014, 12:21 PMI've won and seen some genuinely reasonable TG-16 auctions on ebay recently. Perhaps there's hope.
Yep, they are still out there.  You just have to be patient.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/03/2014, 12:39 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 05:12 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Turboduo-PC-Engine-PC-Engine-Duo-systems-and-games-lot-this-is-the-one-/331238853886?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1f5fccfe

The asking price is ridiculously too high.

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 05:12 PM-Summer Carnival 93' was also for the PC-Engine? wow didn't know that...it's hard enough to find a Famicon (legit) copy ...not that I could affored it.
Summer Carnival '93  is a special edition of Nexzr.
Looks smooth like butter on the game play and worlds more affordable then the famicom verson. Granted the famicom verson is available now on the wii and wiiu

esadajr

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/01/2014, 05:12 PMJust saw this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turboduo-PC-Engine-PC-Engine-Duo-systems-and-games-lot-this-is-the-one-/331238853886?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4d1f5fccfe
I'll admit there are MANY good games on my want list..
"Impossimole" the rare version of Impossamole, an Everdrive packed with roms and a bunch of CDR games. How can anyone pass on such a great deal?
Gaming since 1985

technozombie

Gouging or not I don't know, but I found this to be humorous.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Turbo-Grafx-16-Turbografx-16-Joystick-Turbo-Stick-Duo-NEW-Never-Used-/291182414755?pt=US_Video_Game_Controllers&hash=item43cbd30ba3

Quote2 brand new Turbo Grafx joysticks without boxes.  I bought these from a website when they were getting rid of all the old 'new' stock.  They never came with the boxes but they were never touched either.  As you can see, the plastic is on these babies.  They are tight...not loose if you know what i mean.

toktogul

is this a thing? Are sellers on ebay really including the key words "Magical chase" in their pc engine games title to boeast their sales?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271412246744?nav=SEARCH

Edit: after browsing through his other sales, he often includes names of other games in the title of his auctions. Not only magical chase.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: toktogul on 07/09/2014, 10:51 PMis this a thing? Are sellers on ebay really including the key words "Magical chase" in their pc engine games title to boeast their sales?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271412246744?nav=SEARCH

Edit: after browsing through his other sales, he often includes names of other games in the title of his auctions. Not only magical chase.
I have seen that with some sellers...they will add names of various systems or popular games so their auctions will pop up on a search.....regardless if ANY of their listings has said game.

DeshDildo

While perusing eBay looking for some TurboGrafx goods I found these two amazing deals.  I'm having a hard time not pulling the trigger on them.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/131236242754?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181321590097?nav=SEARCH
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Alt-Nintega

^ lol wow!!!! those look like they are fake auctions. I think its an "on purpose" type thing to mess with peeps. Just to make the ordinary "clown" think that Turbo is really worth that much.

gotta give the enemy some credit. at least the beast is trying.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/09/2014, 11:08 PM^ lol wow!!!! those look like they are fake auctions. I think its an "on purpose" type thing to mess with peeps. Just to make the ordinary "clown" think that Turbo is really worth that much.

gotta give the enemy some credit. at least the beast is trying.
They probably are for real. People are fucking stupid and greedy as shit.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 10:25 AMNot eBay, but amazon isn't much different.

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Thunder-POSTER-TG16-TurboDuo/dp/B003956JT4/

For the longest time, this poster was listed at $29.95 with "remaining quantity" listed as 3.

I finally broke down and decided that I wanted one for my bedroom (to impress the ladies).  When I went to order, i noticed two things:

1. Remaining quantity had been reduced to 2.
2. Price had been raised to $99.99

Shit.

"This Poster is in NEAR PERFECT - AS NEW condition THE ONLY ONE on Amazon OR ANYWHERE! Own a piece of TG16 History! YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYONE who has this poster!"

Oh man... I MUST HAZ!!!

I contacted the seller and gave him the old "grandma stubbed her toe and is in the hosipital, is there any way you can cut me some slack? would ya take $50 of my dollars instead of $100?"

The response:
"The price increased because of its rarity. I've reduced the price to $59.95 plus shipping for the next 24 hours."

I begrudgingly ordered one because... dammit... my obey station NEEEEEDS a big old Landis standing sentry over it.

The lady seems nice enough.  Nothing personal against her, but today I checked amazon for shit and giggles.

1. Quantity remaining: 7
2. Price: $79.95

Dafuq?  If it is so rare, where did she dig up 6 more copies? -_-

------------------
DISCLAIMER:  I know I'm retarded for paying $60 for a poster, but please chime in anyway to tell me how retarded I am.
I never saw a LoT poster in real life (or in a pic), so this was news to me.

This person has a stack of 300 posters. Guaranteed.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 10:25 AMNot eBay, but amazon isn't much different.

http://www.amazon.com/Lords-Thunder-POSTER-TG16-TurboDuo/dp/B003956JT4/

For the longest time, this poster was listed at $29.95 with "remaining quantity" listed as 3.

I finally broke down and decided that I wanted one for my bedroom (to impress the ladies).  When I went to order, i noticed two things:

1. Remaining quantity had been reduced to 2.
2. Price had been raised to $99.99

Shit.

"This Poster is in NEAR PERFECT - AS NEW condition THE ONLY ONE on Amazon OR ANYWHERE! Own a piece of TG16 History! YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYONE who has this poster!"

Oh man... I MUST HAZ!!!

I contacted the seller and gave him the old "grandma stubbed her toe and is in the hosipital, is there any way you can cut me some slack? would ya take $50 of my dollars instead of $100?"

The response:
"The price increased because of its rarity. I've reduced the price to $59.95 plus shipping for the next 24 hours."

I begrudgingly ordered one because... dammit... my obey station NEEEEEDS a big old Landis standing sentry over it.

The lady seems nice enough.  Nothing personal against her, but today I checked amazon for shit and giggles.

1. Quantity remaining: 7
2. Price: $79.95

Dafuq?  If it is so rare, where did she dig up 6 more copies? -_-

------------------
DISCLAIMER:  I know I'm retarded for paying $60 for a poster, but please chime in anyway to tell me how retarded I am.
I have had this happen to me MANY a times..

I see something for the LONGEST time at a pretty reasonable price and I usually never pull the trigger....I think ehhh.....it's not going anywhere...I'll get it next time..

THEN one day I look (be it ebay, amazon, retro game store what have you) and the price JUMPS to 3-4x's more then what it was originally and many times for shittery condition items....

I then think WTF people?....how did this go litterly from one week/day/month/year to the next with such a diffrence in price?

And the thing that I always start to worry about is "What if the price doesn't go back down, but only goes higher?"....that's usually the point where I find me a copy with in my price range (but at a price where originally I could have picked up 3-4 of them) and buy it.......

then I see the price either go much much higher (like Earthbound did) or I see it go lower (becuase "new old stock") seems to magic its way into the market.........

csgx1

I forgot about these posters.  I remember seeing them on Amazon months ago for $29.95 when I was searching for a copy of the game.  Should have bought one then.  My guess is she probably already sold a bunch and now she raised the price when her stock is low.

SuperPlay

"YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYONE who has this poster!"

I do now and their name is Nulltard ;-)