OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

WTB CD ROM UNIT!

Started by milkmanv1, 07/01/2009, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milkmanv1

Alright dudes and dudettes I just purchased a PC engine coregrafx!!! Thanks awack! So now I'll be needing a few extra bits

PC ENGINE GAMES!!!
I'm gonna be needing some games people! CD or not, I can play the cd games (as long as there not arcade card games) on my turbo duo! I'm really interested in cotton, altered beast, and the remake of ninja gaiden. I still want other stuff as long as its not an rpg or something requiring alot of japanese. So show me what cha got!

CD ROM UNIT!!!

I'm looking for a briefcase unit here people, Just the CD Rom and the interface. So please show me what cha got!!!

Thanks alot people!

Mathius

If memory serves me, the PC Engine controller has a different pin-out than the US Duo's controller. The connector is the same size as the Duo's, but the pins are different. Sorry to burst your "extra controller" bubble  :(

BlackandBlue

If you are willing to wait a week or so, I should have a Core Grafx 2 for sale.  Console, matching remote, ac adapter, av wires and street fighter 2 HU/case.  But it's going to be hard to find a CGI or CGII *AND* a CD unit for $100.  The CG units alone will run you that amount.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

milkmanv1

well I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type. So I'm still hopeful. Anyway black and blue, I was afraid of that (that I wouldnt be able to get a pc engine + cd unit for 100$) I found a online store that MIGHT have one in stock, but I'm waiting for them to get back to me. So if they do not, or shipping is insane, then I might buy yours. As long as your not trying to get a crazy amount for it... I always thought pc engine's were only worth about 50-70$...don't really know where I got that notion.

BlackandBlue

You might be able to find one for around $70 if you are patient. I'll probably be selling mine for closer to $90 or 100, since it is region modded.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

NecroPhile

Quote from: milkmanv1 on 07/02/2009, 08:19 AMwell I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type.
You are correct; controllers can be shared between all of the consoles, excepting the sole oddball: the TG-16.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/02/2009, 10:51 AM
Quote from: milkmanv1 on 07/02/2009, 08:19 AMwell I've read many times that the TG-16 has the regular DIN connectors, where a PC engine and the turbo duo use a mini-DIN. Both are relatively common connection types, I don't really think they would bother changing the pinouts on a common connection type.
My mistake, thanks Nec.

You are correct; controllers can be shared between all of the consoles, excepting the sole oddball: the TG-16.

milkmanv1

Yeah, I read that a few times, so now all I need is a console... I found a sight that has a pc engine and a cd rom drive for 90$ but I doubt they have it in stock and they take forever. So thats why I came here, I still might be interested in yours blackandblue, but I'd have to see what other offers I get.

milkmanv1

wow no one other then blackandblue has any pc engine stuff to sell?

Cmon guys!!

omotai

Keep in mind that most people here are collectors, not retailers. You'll have trouble finding people with spare stuff in their collections that they want to get rid of.

NecroPhile

Quote from: omotai on 07/04/2009, 04:54 PMKeep in mind that most people here are collectors, not retailers. You'll have trouble finding people with spare stuff in their collections that they want to get rid of.
Word; this is a forum, not a store.  What's up with people coming on here looking for stuff and acting all indignant when they don't immediately find what they're looking for?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

milkmanv1

Well I came over here from Neo-geo where people ALWAYS have stuff for sale..I mean I didn't really waltz in here expecting everything I want to drop in front of me for amazing prices. I just figured this would be a good place to start, uhh haha I guess I didn't really think that 90% of the people here were collectors and not really intent on selling anything. but that does infact make sense.

LMS

I have a boxed super cd-rom 2 in real nice condition, japanese psu included. I also have an unboxed but perfectly working Coregrafx 1 with an av lead and a 3 button controller. If memory serves me correctly the coregrafx may have the odd scratch on it. I was looking for about £120 for the two (the cd-rom being quite hard to find in this condition) but there would be shipping from the UK on top as well. I could probably chuck in some games cheap if it helped off-set the shipping.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig it all out and check everything's working. It's an extra setup as I use an RGB Duo-r to play on.

pictures of the cdrom...

http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_1.jpg
http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_2.jpg
http://www.inmosystems.com/misc_assets/for_sale/cdrom_3.jpg

maybe if I have time at the weekend I'll have a clear out and get a load of Jap PCE stuff up here. I said in another thread that I would scan the Richard Gibbs guide and post it too but time is the enemy as usual.

milkmanv1

Hmm i dunno, thats a tad steep considering i'm US .. But you said you might be having a clearout of other PC engine stuff?? Or just listing what you offered me...?

LMS

awack

I have a core grafx II, boxed, with original plastic for the CGII, AC, instructions and AV cables, comes with a core grafx I controller....$70 shipped.

IMG
IMG

milkmanv1

wow, thats a pretty good deal... but could you do 60 shipped? I'd be sold  :D :D :D

awack

milkmanv1

Hmm I guess im just after games/ a cd system now so I'll amend my original post.