Terminator movie series

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 06/30/2010, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Ok, I need explanations, cause I think my answer right now is "James Cameron is a retard".

Terminator 1: Skynet sends Arnold back to stop John Connor from being born.  John Connor sends Kyle Reese back to stop Arnold, and unintentionally, makes him (Connor) get born in the first place.

So, Skynet tried stopping him from being born which prompted him to send stopmeasures which made him be born in the first place? .... whaasfasdf;kjaa;s2390oiwkegdag.   How did he exist before the events in the future that made him send his father back to make him.  O_o

Terminator 2: Somehow it is OK.  Arnold melts, Skynet is prevented from being made.  It's still based off T1 making no sense though.

Terminator 3: Skynet (which was prevented in T2), sends bitchbot9000 back in time to kill John (who rather than be the badass 10 year old budding resistance leader, is now a total pussy) .  How.  They were prevented from existing in T2.  There should be no Skynet to do this.

Terminator 4: John Connor is like Lol@Kyle Reese.  He bangs my mom 30 years ago in like, 5 years.  Or something like that.  This is technically a prequel to the first movie, even though its in the future! WOO :)

and then if you think about it, if Skynet was prevented from existing in Terminator 2, NONE of this crap should happen, period.  So its just a big mess.  I was given the answer that "all 4 movies are happening at the same time", except that makes no sense either!  How can the past be happening at the same time as the future.  and how can either be happening at the same time as the present.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

James Cameron had absolutely nothing to do with the shitty movies (parts 3 and "4").

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/30/2010, 03:26 AMJames Cameron had absolutely nothing to do with the shitty movies (parts 3 and "4").
A wonderful expression & explanation =D>
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

3 and 4 are fan fiction. not unlike Harvey Potter story lines.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, but they're still based off of, and use/follow the nonsense from T1 and T2.

Though I guess you could wipe those off the  "shit don't make no sense" chart since maybe James Cameron's plan for T3 didn't involve Skynet since they stopped Skynet in T2.

but this still doesn't explain the impossible feat of sending your own father back in time to make you in the first place.  :D
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

I thought the last Terminator movie was pretty good- (T4)

otherwise we just pretend T3 didn't happen.

wasn't the whole skynet trying to kill John conner storyline just a way of stopping him from being the one who leads the resistance against the robot menace which in turn has skynet send back Ahnold to kill his mother before he was born, then the resistance send back a random fighter who would then become John Conner's father from the future that is actually younger than John Conner himself and when John Conner and Ahnold destroy the research project that Miles Tyson had created it actually didn't stop skynet from 'going robot' it just simply stunted the progress that they had made. So in the end skynet was always going to become the master robot menace that it should become, Ahnold was just trying to be a real pain in the ass by screwing up the arm thing.

right?

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

It is FICTION, and more importantly, it is SCIENCE FICTION; such works require a disconnect from what is known as fact.  Besides, can you name any sci-fi series that isn't full of plot holes and/or inconsistencies?

Anyhoo, here's some stabs at explanation:

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/30/2010, 01:29 AMTerminator 1: Skynet sends Arnold back to stop John Connor from being born.  John Connor sends Kyle Reese back to stop Arnold, and unintentionally, makes him (Connor) get born in the first place.

So, Skynet tried stopping him from being born which prompted him to send stopmeasures which made him be born in the first place? .... whaasfasdf;kjaa;s2390oiwkegdag.   How did he exist before the events in the future that made him send his father back to make him.
Such conundrums are commonplace in stories of time travel and are usually explained by fate.  Much like the creation of Skynet and the ensuing nuclear holocaust, Kyle Reese coming back to create John Connor was inevitable.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/30/2010, 01:29 AMTerminator 3: Skynet (which was prevented in T2), sends bitchbot9000 back in time to kill John (who rather than be the badass 10 year old budding resistance leader, is now a total pussy) .  How.  They were prevented from existing in T2.  There should be no Skynet to do this.
Whilst eyehumping Claire and Kristanna, it's easy to overlook the explanation given for Skynet's existence: the destruction of Cyberdyne in T2 only postponed Skynet coming online and Judgment Day.  Considering the prevalence of off-site backups, data redundancy, and fortified data vaults, it's not surprising to learn that destroying their offices failed to prevent Skynet entirely; after Cyberdyne's destruction, all patents and research data were purchased by the Air Force, who continued many of their projects (albeit in modified form), eventually culminating in Skynet.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Christian Bale sucks as an actor, so I avoid his movies. And he apparently beats his mom. Whatta prick.

Every time I look at him I see this:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/30/2010, 12:15 PMIt is FICTION, and more importantly, it is SCIENCE FICTION; such works require a disconnect from what is known as fact.  Besides, can you name any sci-fi series that isn't full of plot holes and/or inconsistencies?
Tron.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

TheClash603

Terminator 3 is a pretty decent movie.  In all honesty, I think T4 is garbage, and T1 plays a little slow now-a-days.

Terminator 2 on the other hand is one of my favorite movies, and honestly could stand on its own.  Question each of the other flicks all you want, but if you decide to mess with my T2, then I have only one thing to tell you...  chill out dickwad.

nectarsis

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/30/2010, 07:18 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/30/2010, 12:15 PMIt is FICTION, and more importantly, it is SCIENCE FICTION; such works require a disconnect from what is known as fact.  Besides, can you name any sci-fi series that isn't full of plot holes and/or inconsistencies?
Tron.
Tron is not a series..yet.

Besides wasn't the Skynet being just delayed (yet inevitable) and not completely stopped made perfectly clear awhile ago?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/30/2010, 10:40 PMTerminator 3 is a pretty decent movie.  In all honesty, I think T4 is garbage, and T1 plays a little slow now-a-days.

Terminator 2 on the other hand is one of my favorite movies, and honestly could stand on its own.  Question each of the other flicks all you want, but if you decide to mess with my T2, then I have only one thing to tell you...  chill out dickwad.
Terminator 2 is perfect really, lol.  aside from the lols of the first movie still echoing in the back of your head

rag-time4

Personally I wish they had the same actor from Terminator 2 play John Connor again in Terminator 3.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/01/2010, 12:56 AMPersonally I wish they had the same actor from Terminator 2 play John Connor again in Terminator 3.
yeah ed furlong was the shit.  he was one bamf young john connor.

then the new dude in 3 was like Pussy McWannabe.

rag-time4

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/01/2010, 01:27 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 07/01/2010, 12:56 AMPersonally I wish they had the same actor from Terminator 2 play John Connor again in Terminator 3.
yeah ed furlong was the shit.  he was one bamf young john connor.

then the new dude in 3 was like Pussy McWannabe.
Spoiled the series for me to be honest. I did think the most recent one was a neat movie though, but would've loved Furlong in it.

Arkhan Asylum

I wonder why he didn't get involved.  He'd have aged perfectly for the role anyways.  He needed to be like, 30, and hes like, 30.

blueraven

NecroPhile

His drug problems likely made him too risky and uninsurable.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/01/2010, 03:20 PMHis drug problems likely made him too risky and uninsurable.
drug problems would have made him even more realistic as a character!

TheClash603

When T3 came out it had the largest budget for any movie ever made.  I remember reading that Edward Furlong was to play John Connor, and then at the last minute the producers made the switch because he wasn't actually clean.

This was one of the best young actors I ever saw, just look at Pet Semetary 2...  let's petition for a redo T3 with Furlong Connor!

Arkhan Asylum

Furlong has always been a good actor in all the movies hes been in.

Hes got that scruffy, "dont fuck with me, douche" thing going on.