RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/21/2010, 12:58 AMYs Seven
Bastard!!!!  lol I gotta get that game!  how is it?!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

blueraven

G'88 on teh retr0'd PCE  :mrgreen:

ceti, I'm aiming high,  :lol:

BlueBMW

Played some Pirates! Gold on Genesis... just not the same once you've played the newer Pirates! game on PC.  But still cool none-the-less....

On the Turbo Front, gave Y's book 2 a rest for a bit to dig back into Neutopia.  Never did finish it, guess its high time I did!

And lastly tonight I decided to try and give the Sega CD some love and pulled out a CD copy of Ecco.... big mistake, I forgot how damn hard and annoying that game was!  GRRR...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

RoyVegas

Oldskool came over and we played Dirt on the PS3 for like 4 hours.  Amazing game if you ask me.  Then again, you didn't ask me, I'll stfu now.   :-"
All is well. :)

blueraven

uhhh, ok.

Anyway, More G88, and hopefully some Winning Shots golfail :)

Mathius

I do wish that I had a Sega CD game I could love on, but alas no Snatcher in my collection. Anyone want to donate a copy? :mrgreen:

Me and the GF played some Donkey Kong Country, and I got in some "me time" to gear up for the launch of Metroid: Other M by visiting an old friend of mine...Super Metroid.

blueraven

I played *track down the keys for the car*

in addition to JJ and Jeff.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: blueraven on 08/26/2010, 02:05 AMI played *track down the keys for the car*

in addition to JJ and Jeff.
I actually think jj and crap is kinda fun for a few

Smashed Brother

Playing some Double Dragon II on the ol' Duo!  Made it to the Shadow Warrior, but ended up getting my ass kicked!
Purifying Weird Souls since 2000!

BlueBMW

I tried yet again to beat Lords of Thunder.... I get to the last stage (name?)  and then I die.  I suck at life.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Turbo D

use the blue/water armor along with wise spending of your jewels. Don't forget to use the jewel cheat code.

LORDS OF THUNDER cheats

Boss Mode
Go to the configure screen, set up level=HARD, music=01 and sound=01, then press Select+I (you can return to level=NORMAL before exiting) - this will bypass the stage and go directly to each stage's boss.

Start with 10K crystals
Go to the configure screen, set up level=SUPER, music=02 and sound=02, then press Select+I.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Digi.k

playing some parodius and soldier blade on pc engine hooked up to the panny plasma.. much more stable picture unlike my last lcd tv..  now just need RGB conversion since I'm still using composite

and yes i know shitty picture taken..

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbo D on 08/29/2010, 08:36 AMuse the blue/water armor along with wise spending of your jewels. Don't forget to use the jewel cheat code.

LORDS OF THUNDER cheats

Boss Mode
Go to the configure screen, set up level=HARD, music=01 and sound=01, then press Select+I (you can return to level=NORMAL before exiting) - this will bypass the stage and go directly to each stage's boss.

Start with 10K crystals
Go to the configure screen, set up level=SUPER, music=02 and sound=02, then press Select+I.
Guess I'll have to try those :)  Its wierd, the Sega CD version feels easier, but yet when you take a hit on Sega CD you are frozen for a second which would seem to make it harder... I dunno lol.

turbogrfxfan

today is sunheart, spriggan, final solider, blazing lazers.   on my new wirless remotes.  Im still not sure if i like em

Smashed Brother

No PCE gaming today (even though I do plan on firing up Double Dragon 2 in a bit), just good ol' PS1 emulation on the PC!  I played a bit of:

Gradius Gaiden
Tobal 2 w/English patch
Harmful Park

Much easier this way since I don't have a modded PS1 to play the good imports.  I can just plug in my dual-analog Logitech pad and have at it!

blueraven

Tobal 2 was epic.

Played some g90 before class, hopefully I can get a little GoT here in the near future.

turbogrfxfan

yeah im going to play some insanity then gates  starting 4, 3, 2, 1, ..... :dance:

Smashed Brother

Quote from: blueraven on 08/30/2010, 02:59 PMTobal 2 was epic.
Heck yeah!  Since it's patched in English, now I can understand what's going on during the Quest mode :)

Woke up this morning with a hankerin' for some PCE gaming!  I started off with Gradius II and one-life'd it to the Moai level.  Then I was killed halfway through the stage and lost all of my powerups!  Still made it to the boss, but with only the pea-shooter and 1 speedup, I didn't even stand a chance.  Moved onto Bomberman '94 and played until I beat the first boss, then I came on here.

blueraven

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 08/31/2010, 12:49 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 08/30/2010, 02:59 PMTobal 2 was epic.
Heck yeah!  Since it's patched in English, now I can understand what's going on during the Quest mode :)
The second disc, the random *infinite* dungeon explorer was horribly addictive. In the days before WoW I was hooked on that shit.

Smashed Brother

A buddy and I did some heavy PCE gaming today!  We played some:

Bomberman '94
Ai Cho Aniki
Double Dragon 2
PC Denjin
Fatal Fury Special
Monster Lair

Good times!  Later on I played a little more DD2 and finally ended up beating it on normal.  Now I need to play through on hard to get the best ending!  Awesome game all the way through...great music, especially the various compositions of the Double Dragon theme.

TR0N

PS3
Scott Pilgrim vs the World The Game:I just down loaded it recently.For any one that likes beat'em ups such as rcr,dd and sor should give it a try.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-pod-scott-pilgrim/702813

Wii
Wild Guns
Metroid Other M
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turbogrfxfan

at my parents house so Im stuck w my psp.  its not workin for me. gotta get Ys 7 for it or something

Joe Redifer

If your parents have wireless internet, you can use your PSP to log on to your PS3 and play PS1 and PSMINI games.  The PS3 does all of the processing and sends you a video stream of what things look like.  In fact, I was rocking out to some PS1 Castlevania Symphony o' da Night today at work that is downloaded onto my PS3.  Then I went back out to the PS3's XMB (which shows up on the PSP) and sent a friend an e-mail saying what I was doing and how he should be jealous of me for it.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/06/2010, 12:24 AMIf your parents have wireless internet, you can use your PSP to log on to your PS3 and play PS1 and PSMINI games.  The PS3 does all of the processing and sends you a video stream of what things look like.  In fact, I was rocking out to some PS1 Castlevania Symphony o' da Night today at work that is downloaded onto my PS3.  Then I went back out to the PS3's XMB (which shows up on the PSP) and sent a friend an e-mail saying what I was doing and how he should be jealous of me for it.
man that would be nice.  but i dont have a ps3.  great info though.  I didnt know it could do that!!  I have to figure out how to put a pce emu on my psp go. then all I have to do is hook the psp go up to a tv and Ill be good!!

today I played paridus da, victory run, winds of thunder, and side arms special  cause im back at my place!!!!

Ninja Spirit

All out Super SF4 action on XBLA. it was crazy!

turbogrfxfan

aero blasters.  I like it more and more.  lol Im not doin very well!!

Colossus1574

Quote from: Smashed Brother on 09/02/2010, 12:42 AMA buddy and I did some heavy PCE gaming today!  We played some:

Bomberman '94
Ai Cho Aniki
Double Dragon 2
PC Denjin
Fatal Fury Special
Monster Lair

Good times!  Later on I played a little more DD2 and finally ended up beating it on normal.  Now I need to play through on hard to get the best ending!  Awesome game all the way through...great music, especially the various compositions of the Double Dragon theme.
NICE! It's good to see another DD2 fan here, easily one of my Top10 faves for the PCE. The music i used to just pop into my CD player just for the soundtrack  :-({|=, it's probably the best beat-em-up game on the system IMO. The tune when u fight the Shadow Warrior boss at the end is TOTALLY ROCKIN' !

Anyways, still chipping away at Twin Cobra....i'm getting kinda fed up as it's keeping me from moving on and playing my other games....I think i'm gonna have to sadly result to entering some codes to help me out "GASP" HAHAHA This game is damn hard, i hoping level 10 boss is the finale, it's the farthest i've gotten....I really wanna move on to Gates or Dynastic....

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 09/09/2010, 02:51 AM
Quote from: Smashed Brother on 09/02/2010, 12:42 AMA buddy and I did some heavy PCE gaming today!  We played some:

Bomberman '94
Ai Cho Aniki
Double Dragon 2
PC Denjin
Fatal Fury Special
Monster Lair

NICE! It's good to see another DD2 fan here, easily one of my Top10 faves for the PCE. The music i used to just pop into my CD player just for the soundtrack  :-({|=, it's probably the best beat-em-up game on the system IMO. The tune when u fight the Shadow Warrior boss at the end is TOTALLY ROCKIN' !

Anyways, still chipping away at Twin Cobra....i'm getting kinda fed up as it's keeping me from moving on and playing my other games....I think i'm gonna have to sadly result to entering some codes to help me out "GASP" HAHAHA This game is damn hard, i hoping level 10 boss is the finale, it's the farthest i've gotten....I really wanna move on to Gates or Dynastic....
all great games!!!  Im a pretty big cho aniki fan so thats always cool.  If your a fan of cho aniki check out the last sunheart.  its a weird ass game as well

Smashed Brother

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/09/2010, 07:40 PMall great games!!!  Im a pretty big cho aniki fan so thats always cool.  If your a fan of cho aniki check out the last sunheart.  its a weird ass game as well
I think that it was a bit too 'erotic' for my buddy, though ;p  What is the 'last sunheart' anyways?  Never heard of it.

Anyways, I haven't played PCE for a few days...I've been obsessing over it for the past couple of months, but I've decided to give some of my other games a chance.  So I played:

Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
Duke Nukem 3D (Saturn)
Harmful Park (PS1)
Doremi Fantasy (SFC)
Parodius Da! (SFC)
Three Dirty Dwarves (Saturn)

Gogan

I believe he is referring to The Lost Sunheart. And yes, a weird-ass facking game.
Nothin beats the real thing.

BlueBMW

I'm trying hard to finish up Y's 2.  Never played through it before... VERY nice game!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Gogan on 09/12/2010, 02:19 PMI believe he is referring to The Lost Sunheart. And yes, a weird-ass facking game.
lost sunheart is awesome.   Im going to play that now as well

Ninja Spirit

Finally got to play Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (at a friend's house anyway, I personally don't have it)

Then we went at it on some Marvel vs. Capcom 2, our teams are always made of Magneto, Storm, Psylocke, Sentinel, Cyclops or Dr. Doom

All these years I never get tired of watching Magneto.

JoshTurboTrollX

A little sampling of Splatterhouse and Tenookee bank fun on a US Turbo Duo using Chopsados!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tablet

I picked up YS7 from customs (bastards) and oh WOW! The music score, normally something I don't normally pay a huge amount of attention to grabbed me straight away. I just love how the boss battles don't really require you to be super high level to beat but rather rely on your on wits to figure out their pattern and then kick their ass! Good game!

Oh and Minecraft is sucking my life out through my eyeballs.

TR0N

PS3
Transformers War For Cybertron
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ceti Alpha

Korg DS10+ on the DSi. Not really a game per se, but it's certainly fun.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Smashed Brother

Played some Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari on the PCE with my gf tonite!  She always loved River City Ransom on the NES, so this was a no-brainer for her :)  Good times...

Smashed Brother

My retro-gaming buddy came over today and we just finished up about 6 hours of nerdtastic game-playing.  Probably would've lasted longer, but his clingy wife needed some 'quality time'...  So, we played:

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (PCE) - played and beat the hell out of this game!  Even despite the crazy difficulty level!
Super Dodge Ball (NeoGeo) - fun game, but I think that the NES one is slightly better.
D&D: Shadow over Mystara (Arcade) - spent quite a bit of time on this one until my buddy had to leave.  Great game!

SuperDeadite

Been playing my Akumajou Dracula (Haunted Castle) pcb a lot lately. Hit stage 29 today (loop 5).
Goal is to break a million.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Joe Redifer

Damn, I can't even get past stage 1 on that turd!

SuperDeadite

w00t! I counter-stopped Haunted Castle on Stage 40.  Once you go over 999,000.  Your score actually drops back down to 980,000!
It's bugged and 1 million can't be reached!  Hahaha.  Well I'm done with this game.
IMG

turbogrfxfan

played super mario bros, and nexzr

BlueBMW

Played some Drac X and some Tricky Kick.  First time for Tricky kick... I guess I was sleepy at the time, but that game seemed pretty darn hard!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/27/2010, 08:55 PMplayed super mario bros, and nexzr
I also played Super Mario Bros. On NES, so unlike Mario All Stars of Super Mario Bros Deluxe on GBC there's no continues and no saving. I got to level 8-4 and died. Very disappointing.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/27/2010, 09:09 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/27/2010, 08:55 PMplayed super mario bros, and nexzr
I also played Super Mario Bros. On NES, so unlike Mario All Stars of Super Mario Bros Deluxe on GBC there's no continues and no saving. I got to level 8-4 and died. Very disappointing.
You can continue in NES Mario.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/27/2010, 10:42 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 09/27/2010, 09:09 PM
You can continue in NES Mario.
yeah there isnt any continues on the nes version.  if its an emu u can but not the original game

SuperDeadite

You can continue in NES Super Mario Bros.  You just hold A and press Start....

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/28/2010, 09:40 AMYou can continue in NES Super Mario Bros.  You just hold A and press Start....
Ah, quite a sneaky trick. Holding A
--DragonmasterDan