@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Pier Solar may be released soon?!?

Started by BlackandBlue, 08/24/2010, 05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/18/2011, 03:18 PMI might make some comparison recordings of a few other tunes.  The chip tunes are all over the map.  Some are fantastic while others are a bit mediocre.  None are terrible, though.  Right now I just got to the giant town of Verhahshana (or something like that) and I can't decide if I like the chip or PCM music better.
Joe, please do so! And, I know it might be more tedious, but have the tracks play for at least ~ a minute? Even if a song loops, I always need at least a minute. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

BlueBMW

ooooh purty :P  I'll be curious to see what the 2nd run looks like (especially since that's the one that I ordered)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Arkhan Asylum

Im kinda glad I will be getting a clamshell.

That box dont look like itll last long. :(

They definitely went all Working Designs with it though.

(including the long ass delays.... ^_^)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Indeed, the overall presentation of Pier Solar has been meticulous.

Of course, Aaron's carefully composed pictures make everything look that much nicer.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Has anyone made printable cover sleeves with the old style Genesis cases? You know, the ones that are black with the grid lines over them, similar to Master System's!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nikdog

Quote from: Keranu on 01/23/2011, 12:50 AMthe grid lines over them, similar to Master System's!
I look forward to that the lest with the 2nd print. I could care less about the lack of CD. I wanted the Damn JPN artwork, not this "ugly" multi region art crap.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/21/2011, 10:47 PM
QuoteIt will be simpler, with no need to edit your recordings.
Actually you will need to edit them more because they end abruptly since they are made to loop.  You'll have to loop them yourself as well as add a fade at the end.
Good point.
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

Emerald Rocker

It's a sturdy box -- much hardier than the other cardboard Genesis releases.  As far as "not lasting long", even a clamshell could be broken in the hands of a gorilla.

It's the prettiest Genesis or Sega CD package ever made, but can't be replicated in clamshell packaging.  I think that's why they went with cardboard for the first release.

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2011, 11:44 PMIm kinda glad I will be getting a clamshell.

Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 01/23/2011, 10:29 AMIt's a sturdy box -- much hardier than the other cardboard Genesis releases.  As far as "not lasting long", even a clamshell could be broken in the hands of a gorilla.

It's the prettiest Genesis or Sega CD package ever made, but can't be replicated in clamshell packaging.  I think that's why they went with cardboard for the first release.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/22/2011, 11:44 PMIm kinda glad I will be getting a clamshell.

Is it sturdy like the old days of PC game cardboard boxes, like Ultima and stuff, where its pretty damn nice? 

Or the D&D basic set ?  Ones where you could stack it with some books and not worry that itll die?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineFX

When I opened mine up, I had no idea they were going to go all out on the packaging and was absolutely amazed by the quality.  I felt like not even playing the game yet that I had got my money's worth, so I'm glad i was able to snatch up this version.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Mathius

Ark, you'd be surprised by the quality of the cardboard edition. It's shockingly beautiful, as well as shockingly strong.

Joe Redifer

I got the Posterity Edition which comes with a FREE issue of Size Magazine!!!  Everyone loves Size magazine and in this issue they gave us some strategies on a new game called Pier Solar!  I think it was a great coincidence that the super-popular Size magazine just happened to have a strategy section of the very game it came with.  It has a picture of a REALLY COOL Japanese dude on the cover so you know this is serious business.

TheClash603

I'm not going to lie, that edition is pretty damn cool looking.  However, I also know I would've sold it for $350-400, and then bought the second edition instead.  It doesn't look $400 cool.

Joe Redifer

Yeah, it looks $50 cool which is what I paid for it.  Most people paid $35.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/23/2011, 01:52 PMI got the Posterity Edition which comes with a FREE issue of Size Magazine!!!  Everyone loves Size magazine and in this issue they gave us some strategies on a new game called Pier Solar!
I've never heard of Size Magazine... is that one of those "male enhancement" catalogs?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nikdog

Quote from: Keranu on 01/23/2011, 05:47 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/23/2011, 01:52 PMI got the Posterity Edition which comes with a FREE issue of Size Magazine!!!  Everyone loves Size magazine and in this issue they gave us some strategies on a new game called Pier Solar!
I've never heard of Size Magazine... is that one of those "male enhancement" catalogs?
xD
IMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

Joe Redifer

It enhances your worth as a human being, as without Size Magazine you are less of a person, inferior and less favored by whatever god you worship.

Duo_R

My "unboxing" of reprint edition:
BTW - I say Pier Solar like Pier "Soul-ar".....I blame this thread for putting that in my head.  :lol:
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

That's how I pronounce it too. I thought that's the proper way.  :-k

Duo_R

Ok I am pissed though, I have printed like 4 CD's. Wasnt sure if I was burning correctly or not. The last burn the music played, but when I restarted the system later it again fails to recognize I have a CD loaded. Any idea what the issue is? It is like the system has no clue I have a Sega CD. Should I clean the pins that connect Genesis > Sega CD???

Mathius

Quote from: Duo_R on 03/22/2011, 03:06 AMOk I am pissed though, I have printed like 4 CD's. Wasnt sure if I was burning correctly or not. The last burn the music played, but when I restarted the system later it again fails to recognize I have a CD loaded. Any idea what the issue is? It is like the system has no clue I have a Sega CD. Should I clean the pins that connect Genesis > Sega CD???
Do you have any other games that act this way? A good cleaning never hurts either way.

FYI- I used Nero to copy my disc.

Duo_R

No plays games perfectly. I wish they just made this game on disk lol

Duo_R

Ok I did a full cleaning on my system, cleaned the cartridge port (was very dirty) and the expansion port on the Genesis 2 (just a little dirty). Booted up the game and disc and it recognized. There must be a pin check on the cartridge and with the system being dirty maybe it didn't detect the CD? Ok well Going to play, and I am also going to make a case for the CD (and hopefully a label). If someone has a lightscribe burner that would kick ass if you could send me a good copy.

OldMan

QuoteIf someone has a lightscribe burner that would kick ass if you could send me a good copy.
Kick Arkhan. He did lightscribes of Insanity, and we KNOW he just got Pier Solar....

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

TheClash603

Can anyone send me a copy of the disc?  I am not good at finding such things, and I'll pay for shipping and your troubles.  Thanks!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: TheOldMan on 03/22/2011, 07:01 PM
QuoteIf someone has a lightscribe burner that would kick ass if you could send me a good copy.
Kick Arkhan. He did lightscribes of Insanity, and we KNOW he just got Pier Solar....
yeah but theres no CD...

I need the ISO!

Duo_R

l believe this is the standard CD, there is also a premium CD right? Anyone know where that is?

http://www.piersolar.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1541&f=28

And the lightscribe image:

http://www.piersolar.com/skin/aboutgame/esd_madeathome_lightscribe.jpg

Mathius

I have Lightscribe on my laptop but I have no friggin' clue how to run it.

Joe Redifer

The Premium CD only has extra shit on it like JPGs, a few MP3s and crap like that.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/23/2011, 02:52 AMThe Premium CD only has extra shit on it like JPGs, a few MP3s and crap like that.
that you only deserve if you ponied up money years ago with blind faith for a bunch of people that turned out to be liars, dicks, or dance-around-the-issuers.

or all 3.

just sayin.

Joe Redifer

I'm not so sure I feel special for having the extra stuff on the CD.  It's all fairly forgettable.  Where is the lying part?

Arkhan Asylum

well, the term lying may be used a bit loosely.  I see it as lying by omission about the enhanced CD.....and then about the reasoning for the reprint being like it was.

It took awhile for the real reasons to finally come out, after they'd already danced around it and some pretty uncool shit was said.

NecroPhile

Teh Pier Solar disks sux cuz it habs no comtents.  Googler teh facts fro the truths.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I GOGGLED PEER LUNAR AND LIEK, THIS GAEM NOT EVN REAL.

JUST MOCKUP