94 down, baby! Reviewed every Turbo chip

Started by DesmondThe3rd, 03/04/2011, 04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesmondThe3rd

Whoa, I just kinda realized I nearly completed my 3 year dream of reviewing every Turbografx-16 card released in North America here on Youtube. It's a strange mission but at the time (2008) there weren't too many reviewers talking about this awesome machine on the website despite how much I loved it as a kid and that's a shame. Yeah, some of the reviews are poorly edited and sound pretty odd today (Spida1a is killing me on production values) but I don't care, we need more people talking about the Turbo in my opinion weather the games are good (Military Madness, Blazing Lazers) or not (Gunboat, Deep Blue). Here is my latest TG review: Dungeons and Dragons Order of the Griffon
93 down, 1 to go, baby! Let me know what you think. What reviews you liked, which ones you hated, are the reviewers better when I'm playing with friends, what's the deal with the burger king crown and all that junk?

My Turbografx playlist:
https://youtu.be/W7V7AN9gZ30&list=PL83BC26B67A840017&index=1

SignOfZeta

IMG

SuperPlay

ChrisBucci

That's great my friend!  Love the cape!!  :)

esteban

I must admit that I laughed at certain parts.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

hizaygizirlz

Nice job man.  Congratulations.  I'm pretty sure I had to use a guide to find my way out of the dungeon you were stuck on.  If not that one then the next one.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

Ceti Alpha

Congrats, Soldier! It's been a long journey. heh

Now you just have the CD games and over 500 PC Engine titles to review and you'll have all the bases covered. :P
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: spida1a on 03/05/2011, 10:16 AMThat's great my friend!  Love the cape!!  :)
Actually it was my blanket.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2011, 12:04 PMI must admit that I laughed at certain parts.

Sure you were watching the right review?

esteban

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 03/07/2011, 12:06 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/05/2011, 12:04 PMI must admit that I laughed at certain parts.

Sure you were watching the right review?
Yes. :)

You referenced the theme song for "The Facts of Life". That alone was worthy of a chuckle.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MasonSushi

Its starsoldier 1 in the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I follow your show. Great stuff.

JoshTurboTrollX

OotG is one of my favorite games!  Damn- good stuff!! 

And HEY, if you look at the right side of the screen , in related videos there is MY OotG quickie vid I made a few years ago!!

woooo!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: MasonSushi on 03/07/2011, 08:55 AMIts starsoldier 1 in the HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I follow your show. Great stuff.
Hey dude, I watch your show and you got Stadium Events too! How's it going?

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 03/06/2011, 12:12 AMNice job man.  Congratulations.  I'm pretty sure I had to use a guide to find my way out of the dungeon you were stuck on.  If not that one then the next one.
Yeah, the Iron Ring Woods and Red/Blue Dungeons were just insane even with the online maps.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/06/2011, 02:14 AMCongrats, Soldier! It's been a long journey. heh

Now you just have the CD games and over 500 PC Engine titles to review and you'll have all the bases covered. :P
Whoa, I think I only have 4 PCE titles in my collection.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/07/2011, 01:09 PMOotG is one of my favorite games!  Damn- good stuff!! 

And HEY, if you look at the right side of the screen , in related videos there is MY OotG quickie vid I made a few years ago!!

woooo!
Oh yeah, I did a video response to that vid there too.

DesmondThe3rd

Woohoo, I dragged this out long enough cause I finally reviewed every TG16 game on video now! It's the last title on the list, here's yet another low budget review of the evil Devil's Crush:
http://blip.tv/file/4904924

turbokon

Good stuff man, keep up the good work!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Ceti Alpha

Congrats! It's been a long journey. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Dusk85Z28

Superstarsoldier1
I have been watching your videos on youtube before i was a member here under the youtube dusk2600, left a few posts, i just want to say thank you for the reviews, they are entertaining and informative.
1200 games and counting

Current cars:
05 gmc envoy
00 gmc sonoma
85 z28 camaro

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: turbokon on 03/19/2011, 01:02 AMGood stuff man, keep up the good work!
Thanks, I guess I gotta work on the CD or PCE games now.... OK, maybe just the CD games since there are 500 of those titles

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/19/2011, 11:27 AMCongrats! It's been a long journey. :)
Waaayyy too long! I'm tired now.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: Dusk85Z28 on 03/21/2011, 04:33 PMSuperstarsoldier1
I have been watching your videos on youtube before i was a member here under the youtube dusk2600, left a few posts, i just want to say thank you for the reviews, they are entertaining and informative.
While I'll debate my Ninja Spirit and Andre Panza video were not the most informative, thanks for watching all the same, eh?

ddd1234

Yeah baby....you starting on those pesky imports now?
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Jesse813

Great Youtube channel you have DesmondThe3rd. I've been watching all your videos since I subscribed a few years ago. Keep up the good work

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: ddd1234 on 03/27/2011, 10:06 PMYeah baby....you starting on those pesky imports now?
Well, I have a few PCE titles anyway I'll like to review.

DesmondThe3rd

Now that I'm done reviewing all the Turbografx-16 card games I figure it'll be cool to look back at some of my favourites and pick 10 of my best:
My Top 10 Turbografx-16 games
I also decided to be objective and partake on the sciencific breakdown of my least favourable titles released from it's 1989 to 1993 era as well in this videocast.
My Top 10 Worst TG-16 games

ddd1234

I love your special features. I think you should prolly do best and wort graphics moments in turbo gmz.
OBEY TECH N9NE!

Bernie

I just subscribed to your youtube channel man.  Nice collection!!

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: ddd1234 on 03/28/2011, 10:41 PMI love your special features. I think you should prolly do best and wort graphics moments in turbo gmz.
That's a good idea

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: bernielindell on 03/30/2011, 01:07 PMI just subscribed to your youtube channel man.  Nice collection!! 
Thanks for the sub!