PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Fest 2011 (VGS)

Started by chany60126, 04/05/2011, 03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

Looks like everyone had a good time!  Hopefully the wife and I can make it to next year's meet.  Be nice to actually meet some of the friends I've made here.  Guess I will have to keep an eye out for the next year's date.  :)

alexsduo

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 07/17/2011, 01:58 AMLook at how many of Mathius pictures have Alex wheelin' and dealin' in the background!
:)
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/17/2011, 07:24 AMHahaha!  Alex actually seemed like a pretty cool guy.  Had some decent stuff for sale too.  Though he wanted $75 for a TG16... little high IMO. But still a nice guy :)
I dropped it to 60, and included ultra rare Keith Courage (pronounced korage) but, fortunately it will still be used as my back-backup system :)
Bluebeemer, thanks for that link, I was searching faceball and thought it had sold, evidently face ball is a totally and completely different game!!

I wanted to thank everyone for being awesome!  I do not think I can wait until next year...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Mathius

How could I forget the venerable Alexduo? I guess my camera didn't ha ha!

JoshTurboTrollX

alex, treat that Facclerball 2000 with love and caring!!  Zeej is having a blast with his new Wiimote with Motion Plus!!  :D

lol, again, it was a blast to hang out again with all you guys!!  I know I talked to Hizagizirls but didn't realize it was him till it was too late :C....

And I think I totally missed Terry......

Will be sharing pics and vids online soon!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/17/2011, 10:04 PMalex, treat that Facclerball 2000 with love and caring!!  Zeej is having a blast with his new Wiimote with Motion Plus!!  :D

lol, again, it was a blast to hang out again with all you guys!!  I know I talked to Hizagizirls but didn't realize it was him till it was too late :C....

And I think I totally missed Terry......

Will be sharing pics and vids online soon!!
Turbostar, nice to sorta meet you.
You sold me the Genesis game right?
Sorry neither one of us realized what was going on b4 I took off, next time or the MGC I guess.

Unfortunately I left before Terry arrived.

As its been said many times it was a lot of fun.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

JoshTurboTrollX

was it master of monsters?  if so, you'll have to let me know how it is!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/17/2011, 10:52 PMwas it master of monsters?  if so, you'll have to let me know how it is!!
Yeah,

Thanks buddy, I'm going to check it out one of the 2 upcoming weekends I will let you know.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

majors

Enjoyed the show. Good getting up with the Northern Turboheads (and TN). New have a new appreciation for Battle Load Runner. I'm pretty much tapped out for cons until AWA (Sept 30-Oct 2), then the MAG (Jan 5-8). Back to trolling the threads for now.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

chany60126

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Salamander Score Sheet
IMG

Opethian

channy: what no pics of the AES :D
IMG

turbogrfxfan

ha ha awesome!!!  man that must of been a good time!!!  uggg cant wait for mgc!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JoshTurboTrollX

My Slammander score was 258,500 in case you missed it Chany!

Also, don't forget JD or DHG Hunter was also at VGS this past weekend!!  he's also a pcfx forumite!  Good to hang with him also. :D

Mathius

Well we see how much T-Star scored now. But, what did "Josh" score?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/18/2011, 10:36 PMMy Slammander score was 258,500 in case you missed it Chany!

Also, don't forget JD or DHG Hunter was also at VGS this past weekend!!  he's also a pcfx forumite!  Good to hang with him also. :D
Yep, I almost completely forgot about DHG Hunter.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 07/18/2011, 10:52 PMWell we see how much T-Star scored now. But, what did "Josh" score?
8 million.  maybe 8 million and 2.

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/19/2011, 10:24 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/18/2011, 10:52 PMWell we see how much T-Star scored now. But, what did "Josh" score?
8 million.  maybe 8 million and 2.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind as well.

henrycsc

Awesome!  Looks like you guys had heaps o fun!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

majors

Finally got a few pic's uploaded:

http://wedoca.dyndns.biz/gallery/index.php?level=album&id=13

All the dinner shots came out too dark, need to do a little editing magic for them.
TG/PCE Collection.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: majors on 07/21/2011, 10:56 AMFinally got a few pic's uploaded:

All the dinner shots came out too dark, need to do a little editing magic for them.
I like the description "Con was in basement". I think the proper term is lower level :P
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: majors on 07/21/2011, 10:56 AMFinally got a few pic's uploaded:

I like the fact that Majors and I both took pictures of our epic german beer!!

Mathius

I didn't hear about the window smashing spree until now. I do know that there was some pretty heavy partying going on by some of the hotel guests. I got up late one night to step out and there was a half naked dude passed out in the floor in front of one of the rooms.

JoshTurboTrollX

those VGS boys know how to throw down!

majors

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/21/2011, 11:07 AMI like the description "Con was in basement". I think the proper term is lower level :P
No disrespect Dan or to VGS, my comments are normally off the cuff. Basement also give folks the idea that I had no cell service.
TG/PCE Collection.

Ash

Quote from: tggodfrey on 07/16/2011, 08:11 PMWas great meeting some of you.  Hope everyone had a good time.
I had a really awesome time :)  I think we had a great turn out :)

chany60126

Glad to hear it Ash. :) It was indeed a great turnout, especially compared to last year's TF. It was truly a blast organizing and taking part in this event. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again at MGC!

Mathius

Mathius

Get those vids of VGS up on YT Josh! :-$ :P

Please. :)

Ash

Quote from: chany60126 on 07/23/2011, 06:56 PMGlad to hear it Ash. :) It was indeed a great turnout, especially compared to last year's TF. It was truly a blast organizing and taking part in this event. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again at MGC!
I can no wait until MGC either!!!!!! I want to play on some pinball machinces :)  I can not wait until meeting with you guys either. :)

Keranu

Sorry I couldn't make it this year :( .

PS, where's the spinach on that pizza??? Can't have Chicago-style deep dish without the spinach!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Mathius on 07/23/2011, 08:41 PMGet those vids of VGS up on YT Josh! :-$ :P

Please. :)
Up - https://www.youtube.com/user/shubibinman?feature=mhee

And Keranu, Spinach on Pizza sounds pretty sweet!  i vote next year we come to your house and you make it right for us!!  :D

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Keranu on 07/24/2011, 07:20 PMSorry I couldn't make it this year :( .

PS, where's the spinach on that pizza??? Can't have Chicago-style deep dish without the spinach!
Spinach doesn't belong on Pizza, it's barely even edible. Clearly, Spinach's only use is for when Bluto kidnaps Olive Oil.
--DragonmasterDan

Keranu

Mmm the mozz + spinach melted together is a piece of heaven on Earth. A Chicago tradition.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 07/25/2011, 12:44 AMMmm the mozz + spinach melted together is a piece of heaven on Earth. A Chicago tradition.
Then be sure to come next year so you can school us in the art of eating like a "Chicagan." :)

Ash

Quote from: Keranu on 07/24/2011, 07:20 PMSorry I couldn't make it this year :( .

We did not get spinach on the pizza. Never had Spinach on pizza. I wonder if it is any good.:-k ....Will had to try it sometime :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Ash on 07/25/2011, 05:38 PMWe did not get spinach on the pizza. Never had Spinach on pizza. I wonder if it is any good.:-k .
It's spinach.

I like all of gods vegetables. However, Spinach is a vegetable from hell and can ruin any dish.
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/25/2011, 08:42 PMIt's spinach.

I like all of gods vegetables. However, Spinach is a vegetable from hell and can ruin any dish.
I bet if you had it prepared properly you'd dig it.

Mathius

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 07/26/2011, 11:42 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/25/2011, 08:42 PMIt's spinach.

I bet if you had it prepared properly you'd dig it.
I was predisposed to like spinach at a young age due to too much Popeye.

Keranu

Keep in mind it's leaf spinach, not that murky, grinded canned stuff like you'd see Popeye eat. I think any doubters would be overwhelmingly surprised as to how good it tastes when cooked in deep dish :) . The iron taste associated with spinach dissipates when cooked and seems to add a certain sweetness. It totally melts in with the cheese so you won't find bits of green nestling between your teeth either. Try it!
IMG

Ash

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/25/2011, 08:42 PM
Quote from: Ash on 07/25/2011, 05:38 PMWe did not get spinach on the pizza. Never had Spinach on pizza. I wonder if it is any good.:-k .
It's spinach.

I would have to try it first to decide if I would like it or not. When I try everything a first time and if I do not like it then I do not ever try it again.

alexsduo

Quote from: Ash on 08/02/2011, 05:19 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/25/2011, 08:42 PM
It's spinach.

I would have to try it first to decide if I would like it or not. When I try everything a first time and if I do not like it then I do not ever try it again.
Wait, are we still talking about spinach?
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing