@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

New Site!

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 08/15/2011, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Hey, Aetherbyte looks different now.

Its a better layout, I hope.

What do you all think
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

Looks good me thinks
IMG

CrackTiger

Very nice and easy to navigate. :)

Honestly though, the Catbus pic alone makes it epic. 8)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperPlay

Like the layout and +1 for the awesome cat bus ;-)

_Paul

You need to post your updates on your Facebook page as well, so I can reshare them via the Homebrew page. Spread the word!

Also, the Facebook logo on the About page is not displaying correctly.

NecroPhile

Meet catbus, the little brother of cattank.  Catbus is strong!  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2011, 12:33 PMYou need to post your updates on your Facebook page as well, so I can reshare them via the Homebrew page. Spread the word!

I always forget to update the FB page.

and whats wrong with your logo? :D  It looks ok here.  Screenshot?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

The new site looks much better. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

yeah I ditched the GeoCities homepage layout and had a friend help me get the layout in question to work right.

I had the idea, tried to get it to work, realized i fucking hate webdesign/trying to diddle tables and layouts, and had him help out. :)

OldRover

Most people will bite your head off for using actual table tags these days anyway... for that reason, sometimes I use them for the express purpose of pissing off said people. I love their reactions. "This looks so Web 2.0! Nice job!" (looks under the hood) "This looks so 1997! You idiot!" Yep...
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

spenoza

Well, using tables is a great way to avoid having to learn to use CSS for layout. That said, good CSS is a lot better than using tables.

OldRover

Most of the time though, you can accomplish the same look and effect using table tags as opposed to divs+css. Most of the time. It's always funny as hell to watch the geek shit hit the fan when your layout and design is flawless and then they find out that you did it with tables... the praise immediately turns to scorn. I love that show of hypocrisy. :D

Keranu

Hell I prefer 90's style websurfing! Less bandwidth, more simplistic!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Keranu on 08/21/2011, 03:53 PMHell I prefer 90's style websurfing! Less bandwidth, more simplistic!
Well, the sites the same, but the dumb button menu is above rather than on the side...

I ain't puttin no gay flash crap on my page.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Keranu on 08/21/2011, 03:53 PMHell I prefer 90's style websurfing! Less bandwidth, more simplistic!
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/21/2011, 08:17 PM
I ain't puttin no gay flash crap on my page.
Here here!! :D
IMG

spenoza

Quote from: The Old Rover on 08/21/2011, 03:22 PMMost of the time though, you can accomplish the same look and effect using table tags as opposed to divs+css. Most of the time. It's always funny as hell to watch the geek shit hit the fan when your layout and design is flawless and then they find out that you did it with tables... the praise immediately turns to scorn. I love that show of hypocrisy. :D
Hey, a good looking page doesn't look good because of the code used to build it, necessarily. It looks good because of the design ethic that went into it.

Arkhan Asylum

tables are cooler than stupid ass flashdoodlercsscrap

DragonmasterDan

Is there a reason for the picture of the Catbus on the front page?
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah, I put it in my blogpost update because I felt like it.  :)

The news update on Aetherbyte pulls the latest 3 posts from aetherbyte.blogspot.com

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/20/2011, 03:58 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/16/2011, 12:33 PMYou need to post your updates on your Facebook page as well, so I can reshare them via the Homebrew page. Spread the word!

I always forget to update the FB page.

and whats wrong with your logo? :D  It looks ok here.  Screenshot?
It seems to be working now so don't worry. Must have been them.

Arkhan Asylum

LETS KILL THEM.

_Paul

Arkhan Asylum

spenoza

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2011, 01:03 AMtables are cooler than stupid ass flashdoodlercsscrap
I agree about Flash. Not about CSS. But again, I have nothing against tables. They are as robust as they are because there was a time when that was the only tool.

roflmao

Yeah, Flash has it's place, but it's way too overused in websites that shouldn't use it.  But I *LOVE* CSS.  Once you get the hang of it, it kicks tables' ass.

This book:
http://www.amazon.com/CSS-Missing-David-Sawyer-McFarland/dp/0596802447/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314065334&sr=1-1
helped convert me.  Bet training book I've ever read (and I've tried a lot).

EDIT: Of course, tables are still the best for putting, y'know tables on the web. :)

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2011, 10:10 PMEDIT: Of course, tables are still the best for putting, y'know tables on the web. :)
Of course, I've seen people even get *that* wrong. :)

roflmao

Yep, everyone thinks they're a web programmer. Probably because it's so easy to learn the basics... and it's so easy to learn poor habits that work for simple sites but don't scale well.

Arkhan Asylum

I think the whole term "web programmer" is kind of retarded sometimes.  It's cool if you're actually programming, but somehow it ends up applying to people that sit and make webpages in dreamweaver without ever coding anything. 

Drag + Drop != programming!

I also find CSS to be really annoying.  Not that I find HTML to be any better.  Its all annoying/boring to me.  I like tables though. Even though I suck at them.  Arranging visuals isn't my strong suit.

HTML5 might be awesome though.

roflmao

I hear ya.  While Dreamweaver's auto-complete feature can come in handy, I often found DW's "Drag + Drop" code to be much too long winded and css to be too non-descriptive; I prefer to hand code my work these days using a text editor (Notepad ++).  Can people that rely on software such as Dreamweaver to do their coding for them actually be considered "web programmers"?  I don't think so. 

Of course with awesome open source frameworks like Wordpress and Joomla available, php is really where it's at.  :)

OldRover

WordPress is hackable and Joomla is craptastic... hehe. :)

roflmao

Quote from: The Old Rover on 08/23/2011, 12:57 AMWordPress is hackable and Joomla is craptastic... hehe. :)
ANY site is hackable and Jooma sites are often craptastic thanks to how easy it it to put one together out of the box. But with a little creativity, some nifty sites can come out of them. :)

EDIT: http://www.web3mantra.com/2010/12/03/20-fresh-and-awesome-websites-powered-by-joomla/

HTML5 looks crazy-awesome.  From what I've heard Windows 8 will be heavily integrated with HTML5 (maybe taking a cue from Google's OS?).  This whole cloud thing bothers me. :P

Arkhan Asylum

Joomla is the best word ever though.

OldRover

The cloud can kiss my non-ethereal ass.

roflmao

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/23/2011, 01:13 AMJoomla is the best word ever though.
So is Moodle.  Why do CMS/LMS's have to have such bizarre names?  I love the absurdity of it.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2011, 01:16 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/23/2011, 01:13 AMJoomla is the best word ever though.
So is Moodle.  Why do CMS/LMS's have to have such bizarre names?  I love the absurdity of it.
whats the other one?  drupal? lol

JOOMLA DRUPAL MOODLEEEEEE

sounds like fucking spells.

spenoza

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/23/2011, 01:18 AMwhats the other one?  drupal? lol

JOOMLA DRUPAL MOODLEEEEEE

sounds like fucking spells.
Let's hope if these projects ever merge they don't merge the names, too. Drudle, or Moomla, or Joopal sound even worse.

roflmao

Hey Ark, nice site, btw. ;)

So looking at the code of your site, it uses css, not tables.  :-"

_Paul

I gave up trying to understand CSS after about 17 minutes.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2011, 01:29 PMHey Ark, nice site, btw. ;)

So looking at the code of your site, it uses css, not tables.  :-"
you're damn straight it does.  Where do you think I developed my hate for CSS? lol.

I made it happen once and went "wow this is dumb",

tables are better.

PCFXTOO is tables.  Thanks to sunteam_paul.

roflmao

Well, to each their own. :P

Arkhan Asylum

tables are better! You can't eat off of a CSS!