OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PCEFXBOMB - Bomberman battle game

Started by OldRover, 10/19/2011, 01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

I've just released PCEFXBOMB, a free-to-download Bomberman clone for two to five players (no one-player mode). The characters are based on forum members here. Check it out. :)

wayback.frozenutopia.com/downloads.html
pcefxbomb-1.pngpcefxbomb-2.png

From Top Right to Left:
Opethian, chany60126, Tatsujin, BlueBMW,
NecroPhile, JoshTurboTrollX-16, elabit, guyjin.

/pcefxbomb17.png
/pcefxbomb13.png
/pcefxbomb15.png
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

roflmao

Mishran

Wow rover, that was fast! Way to go man!

Arkhan Asylum

Nice.

Does it still appear in MSR, or is it just a standaloner now?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Nice, Rover, but who's who?  From top left to bottom right: Ope, ???, Bazzy, Bimmer, some douchebag, TurbobStar, ???, and le Guyjin.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/19/2011, 10:05 AMDoes it still appear in MSR, or is it just a standaloner now?
Both.  MSR has a version with MSR characters and this version is by itself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

Opethian, chany60126, Tatsujin, BlueBMW, NecroPhile, JoshTurboTrollX-16, elabit, guyjin.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arkhan Asylum

SHOULDA PUT ME IN.

ITS JUST A HIPSTER SKELETON QUEER.  NOT HARD TO PAINT, RIGHT?

lol.

Elabit's is awesome, and is that TurbobStar that looks like a mutant wrestler?  Cause that one reminds me of the dude from 7th Saga
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2011, 11:10 AMElabit's is awesome, and is that TurbobStar that looks like a mutant wrestler?  Cause that one reminds me of the dude from 7th Saga
That is NecroPhile, JoshTurboTrollX-16 is non other than GUY KAZAMA!!!

LOL, great GREAT job Rove, this is one of the coolest things ever!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

oh ok, got it.  I should learn how to count. lol

IMG

lol

SignOfZeta

IMG

PunkCryborg

awesome! can't wait to play this tonight!

chany60126

Just tried it out on teh realz thing. I like the voice pronunciations of our names. :)

OldRover

I've made a special hucard version available now as well. Download link is on the same page as above. The archive includes both a normal ROM and a headerless ROM for picky flashcarts.

Tatsujin

thx a lot, just checkoved it out :)

unfortunately no 1P action, so i can't really play it atm.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

OldRover

I'm in the process of adding a 1P mode to it, but it will be a lot more involved than just doing the multiplayer battle mode. Making a multiplayer game like this is mad easy... adding a 1P mode involves adding AI, and will require a different code strategy for hucard as it does for CD. I'm going to stick to the hucard version though, I think... it'll allow me to add more graphics and code, and I'll add Squirrel for music. :)

SuperPlay

henrycsc

Very Nice!  =D&gt;
Thanks for sharing it!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

_Paul

Is anyone else having problems getting the FU site to load?

Tatsujin

sometimes. but after an F5 it usually loads perfect.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Constant fail for me, tried on 2 browsers.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2011, 09:47 AMConstant fail for me, tried on 2 browsers.
It happens sometimes for specific people. I don't think that it's a browser thing, but during periods when I have trouble, I get through most often on my phone. But I think that it's just the fact that I get to browse online at random times of day with my phone.

You're not the only one who's had trouble, but it only seems to affect a small fraction of the people accessing the site at any given time.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2011, 09:47 AMConstant fail for me, tried on 2 browsers.
It's a hosting thing dude. 

Half of the Netherlands couldn't access Aetherbyte.com for awhile.   I had to send repeated emails to XS4ALL until they fixed it.

See if your ISP is being a cock-knocker and blocked the site.

thrush

This looks so cool, downloading now.  ^_^

touko

What are you using for SFX ???

ADPCM ???

TheClash603

Very nice...  this may be a question that I should know the answer to, but...

I never played a PC-E game on my computer.  Anyone know what emulator I should get / where to get it?  Doh!

OldRover

Quote from: touko on 11/05/2011, 03:47 PMWhat are you using for SFX ???

ADPCM ???
The in-game sounds are all PSG-based. The voices are ADPCM.

touko

Quote from: OldRover on 11/05/2011, 04:23 PMThe in-game sounds are all PSG-based. The voices are ADPCM.
Cool, what type of psg sounds ???
Waveforms or samples (DDA) ??

OldRover

Waveforms. DDA is too CPU-intensive for the amount of action going on.

touko

Ok thanks for answers rover ..
I'am using two simultaneous DDA chanel (for each caracter) in my current project, and it works not too bad ...
But it's less clean than your waveforms sfx .

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/05/2011, 04:12 PMVery nice...  this may be a question that I should know the answer to, but...

I never played a PC-E game on my computer.  Anyone know what emulator I should get / where to get it?  Doh!
I just use Magic Engine, you can get it from magicengine.com
IMG