Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Sad part is its used. I offered him $5 dollars, probably going to get him really heated to take it down from ebay.

NecroPhile

$17.24 for a Street Fighter II' spine card (click other auctions to see similar stupidity); heh, not even the complete game is worth that much.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

chany60126

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/02/2011, 04:24 PMSad part is its used. I offered him $5 dollars, probably going to get him really heated to take it down from ebay.
That's the goal. Take 'em down one douche at a time.:P

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2011, 04:26 PM$17.24 for a Street Fighter II' spine card (click other auctions to see similar stupidity); heh, not even the complete game is worth that much.
Wait, if I was to resurrect my moribund eBay account, I could try to sell Obi/spine cards? I have tons of those stupid things.

But I'm not inclined to sell anything on eBay.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

You could sell 'em here - there's a few peeps that are as strangely addicted to silly spines as I am to silly boxes.

SMF

Yes the Duo is in perfect shape everything is basicly mint in box. Ill give him what it sold for in the store back in the day $299 buti can understand it being rare so ill toss in another $100. People need to be bitch slapped over this crap.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2011, 04:26 PM$17.24 for a Street Fighter II' spine card (click other auctions to see similar stupidity); heh, not even the complete game is worth that much.
Thats crazy considering I got the game for $10 bucks that is complete! These people need to quit smoking butt crack.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2011, 05:31 PMYou could sell 'em here - there's a few peeps that are as strangely addicted to silly spines as I am to silly boxes.
I myself am an unabashed spine card nerd!

BigusSchmuck

djolof

Honestly, the price's people are listing JB Harold Murder Club and Cratermaze lately make me want to give up looking at ebay altogether...

SMF

Quote from: djolof on 12/05/2011, 07:43 PMHonestly, the price's people are listing JB Harold Murder Club and Cratermaze lately make me want to give up looking at ebay altogether...
Didnt you know JB Harold Murder Club is rarer then some game called Magical Chase.  :-"

SMF

Yea that Due was talked about 1 page back lol. It was orignally $2000 he dropped the price so NOW ITS A STEAL.

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Senshi

Quote from: SMF on 12/06/2011, 12:02 PMYea that Due was talked about 1 page back lol. It was orignally $2000 he dropped the price so NOW ITS A STEAL.
haha...he removed the offers...I'm sure we had nothing to do with that  8-[ O:)

NecroPhile

Heh, that's a good one!  Even one RPG is rather a stretch.

QuoteRole Playing games: Legendary Axe, Deep Blue, Dungeon Explorer, Keith Courage, Bonk's Adventure, Bloody Wolf, Splatterhouse

csgx1

By that seller's definition of RPG, all games would be considered role playing games.  TV Sports Football would be an RPG by assuming the "role" of a Football player. :lol:

NecroPhile

I offered $10 to this clown, but he declined.  And here I thought I was being generous.  :twisted:

bartre

wow, really? JB harold isn't hard to come by at all
I got my boxed and complete (hell, there's even the shrink wrap still on the box) for $10 shipped last year.

TheMilford

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 06:41 PMI offered $10 to this clown, but he declined.  And here I thought I was being generous.  :twisted:
I'm not a clown and I don't really want to part with my stuff but I need to at least list it to see what kind of "reasonable offers I might get. Times are tough right now so I decided to "just see what happens". Video games are just not a priority right now. I'm torn about even considering letting this go as I was hoping to pass all of this cool stuff that I spent years collecting to my daughter...

Yes that price is SUPER high, but If those actually interested started shooting me real offers instead of trying to make a point and be snarky, somebody might actually end up with a good deal. And I did lower the price from $1800 to $1600.

I'm sure it will sell to somebody for much, much less than I'm asking. I'm not clueless.

Tell me what is it really worth? Should I part it out? Should I just sell the rares?

Truly,
David

SNKNostalgia

Quote from: TheMilford on 12/16/2011, 10:40 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 06:41 PMI offered $10 to this clown, but he declined.  And here I thought I was being generous.  :twisted:
I'm not a clown and I don't really want to part with my stuff but I need to at least list it to see what kind of "reasonable offers I might get. Times are tough right now so I decided to "just see what happens". Video games are just not a priority right now. I'm torn about even considering letting this go as I was hoping to pass all of this cool stuff that I spent years collecting to my daughter...

Yes that price is SUPER high, but If those actually interested started shooting me real offers instead of trying to make a point and be snarky, somebody might actually end up with a good deal. And I did lower the price from $1800 to $1600.

I'm sure it will sell to somebody for much, much less than I'm asking. I'm not clueless.

Tell me what is it really worth? Should I part it out? Should I just sell the rares?

Truly,
David
Why not just list it slightly above a reasonable price that you would let it go for in the first place? Not a number that is way higher than it is all worth. It does make you come off as a seller that won't take actual reasonable offers of which the lot would be worth. It will appear as a waste of time for potential buyers. Those are all common lower priced games. I don't see a Bonk 3, Magical Chase or Dynastic Hero... not even so much as a Japanese Dracula X or Double Dragon 2. Not to mention the whole point of even buying a collection bundle 9/10 times is to just simply get a great deal.

TheMilford

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 12/16/2011, 11:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/16/2011, 06:41 PMI offered $10 to this clown, but he declined.  And here I thought I was being generous.  :twisted:

Truly,
David
Why not just list it slightly above a reasonable price that you would let it go for in the first place? Not a number that is way higher than it is all worth. It does make you come off as a seller that won't take actual reasonable offers of which the lot would be worth. It will appear as a waste of time for potential buyers. Those are all common lower priced games. I don't see a Bonk 3, Magical Chase or Dynastic Hero... not even so much as a Japanese Dracula X or Double Dragon 2. Not to mention the whole point of even buying a collection bundle 9/10 times is to just simply get a great deal.
Fair enough... But I was assuming it would be most appealing to people looking to get into the TG16 thing, not seasoned collectors. If I had those kind of games I would sell them off outright. And there are some less common items in there like the Super CD card, Ys III, Order of the Griffon (with OG box), etc.

It's an experiment... I'm sure I will adjust it depending on how serious I get about unloading it or maybe I'll take it down if business picks up and we can afford to pay our mortgage...

Passive aggressive BS is just lazy and trite. He could have just messaged me and told me I was WAY off and suggested a price. I mean, I am a member here... even though it's been forever since I last posted.

Cheers,

SMF

Quote from: TheMilford on 12/16/2011, 11:18 PM
Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 12/16/2011, 11:00 PM

Truly,
David
Fair enough... But I was assuming it would be most appealing to people looking to get into the TG16 thing, not seasoned collectors. If I had those kind of games I would sell them off outright. And there are some less common items in there like the Super CD card, Ys III, Order of the Griffon (with OG box), etc.

It's an experiment... I'm sure I will adjust it depending on how serious I get about unloading it or maybe I'll take it down if business picks up and we can afford to pay our mortgage...

Passive aggressive BS is just lazy and trite. He could have just messaged me and told me I was WAY off and suggested a price. I mean, I am a member here... even though it's been forever since I last posted.

Cheers,
D
I'm sure Necromancer was not trying to insult you. But when your trying to sell a TG 16 system with nothing to jump out at you worth spendng that kind of money on it does make you come off as a Seller looking to screw someone that would wann start collecting. NOT to insult you but you do have a lot of commons that anyone could pick up for a few bucks. If your serious about selling it try to sell it on here to people that would love to give you fair value and that way you know its gonna go to someone that's gonna enjoy it like you have for so many years.

TheMilford

Ok... dropped the price to $1400. Still high I know but not crazy if you were to cobble all this stuff together separately.

I might see what happens this week and if it doesn't go I might sell off just the CD ROM, SCD card and games... keep the core system and the common stuff... maybe let Order of the Griffon go... I dunno, I really don't wanna sell it. But a chunk would go a long way for the family and I can always find this stuff again if the bug hits me during a more lucrative time.

Am I still a clown? Should I really care what you guys think?

Best,

TheMilford

No offense taken BTW. I was just defending myself and sayin' what I think.

Ok, I get the feeling nobody actually looked at what's in there. I know 80% is common. But if I was compelled to put this collection together somebody else might as well. And there are some harder to find items there.

I'm not looking to gouge anybody... if I was in the market I would make a offer on this. It might be lower than the asking price but then I would hope for a counter offer... and so on.

Please tell me what I could get for the lot? 'Cause I'm looking at closed auctions for some random games and I'm not seeing anything for less than $15... some go for quite a bit more... and I got 30+ of them.

Mathius

Quote from: TheMilford on 12/16/2011, 11:47 PMNo offense taken BTW. I was just defending myself and sayin' what I think.

Ok, I get the feeling nobody actually looked at what's in there. I know 80% is common. But if I was compelled to put this collection together somebody else might as well. And there are some harder to find items there.

I'm not looking to gouge anybody... if I was in the market I would make a offer on this. It might be lower than the asking price but then I would hope for a counter offer... and so on.

Please tell me what I could get for the lot? 'Cause I'm looking at closed auctions for some random games and I'm not seeing anything for less than $15... some go for quite a bit more... and I got 30+ of them.
Say you take $15 per game then that only equates to $450. Not long ago I scored my complete Turbo CD w/ carrying case for $250. The Super System Card ran me $55. That puts it at $755 going my route. However much more the more expensive and sought after games come out to wouldn't shoot the price up 5 or 6 hundred dollars to your asking price.

There are some good people in and around these communities trying to police the absurd amounts being asked by some eBayers. I am not putting you in that crowd because obviously you are not a big time seller. And I can totally understand you're in a time of need. We just don't like to see anyone adding fuel to the fire. If I went on eBay tomorrow and put my Super System Card up for $500 then they would call me out regardless of who I was.

GameFreak

I'll buy the tg16-cdrom system and one controller for $225. And then.....

...You can keep/ebay the Super system card, tg16 box, all games, controllers, joystick, tap, system carrying case, and sell those yourself. I hear the super system cards are going for some crazy high prices on ebay (about $200). You could probably ebay all this other stuff yourself for $300-$500 total or more.

Let me know if your interested. You can also PM me.

TheMilford

But I'm not doing any of that... I see lot auctions all the time but many do not have complete games, nice boxes, all the inserts and posters in perfect shape.... and a Legendary Axe shirt? I've actually never seen another.

I mean, I get what you are saying. We get incensed when we see gougers. But even while I was buying up stuff a few years back I would see crazy asking prices. if I felt compelled I would offer what I really thought it was worth and you know what? I got most of my rarer stuff at reasonable prices that way. What's to gain by poking the trolls with rhetorical assertions?

Look, I collect a lot of stuff. The TG16 thing is/was a small side thing for me, I loved it as a kid and wanted to expand my collection. So I ended up realizing I collect far too many things and put it on ice. But you have to understand I get it. I'm a heavy TSR/D&D collector and I can attest the gouging is far more egregious over there... Or try buying and selling vintage musical equipment. yikes!

I wouldn't be offended if somebody offered me $750... I would even think about it for a minute. I would counter offer for sure but if that was an offer I would have actually learned more about the current market from that simple interaction. A $10 offer is just a waste of everybody's time.

bartre

yeah, i'm with mathius, $700-$800 would be a fair price for everything.
that said, there are a couple things in there i'd be interested in if you decide to split it up, namely
buster bros, order of the griffon, and fantasy zone.
I'm sure if you put it up here, and just took offers, you'd get a fair price for everything, and it would all sell.

TheMilford

THANKS GUYS!

See, these are the kind of responses I was trying to elicit from my sale... Pretty sure I hinted at this in the copy.

Anyway, I will consider your offer(s). I'm really just not sure. I will really miss playing Ys ;)

bartre

true, i'm in the middle of book 2 right now, fantastic game!
i may also be interested in your copies of the ys games as well, i could use an upgrade in condition...

BigusSchmuck

As much as I would love Order of the Griffin, I don't think I want to shell out $80 for it. I agree with my colleagues, it may be better just to sell the stuff individually instead of a massive lot.

TheMilford

Ok, I'll let it run this week. Then I'll itemize it all here if I'm still up for it.

I assume the core system with Keith Courage is just worth holding onto?

I guess I should have come here first... I just got on an eBay tear. figured why not. I can admit bad judgment on my part. I'm sure you guys understand.

BTW: How are the emulators? is there any way to use a TG controller with my MAC? ;)

Bernie

Yeah, you can modify a TG-16 controller to USB for use on an emulator.  But, on another note...  Dude, if you really DO NOT want to let it go, dont.  Here is why.  You sell it, you pay a bill or two..  Then its gone, and if business stays the same, you are right back where you were with nothing to sell.  Fuck that.  Been there, done that, and regretted it.  Basically having to buy it all back at a later point, for more than I did the first go around.  I say buy it back later, because you are asking about emulation.  That tells me you want to play the games.  Guess what?  No emulator, no matter how good, will satisfy like the actual hardware.  Trust me, tried that approach...  If you STILL decide to sell, and it does not sell on Ebay, then bring it here and part it out.  It will sell, trust me. 

BTW, I am one of the guys that sent you a 10.00 offer.  I feel bad now after reading through your post.  bnjimi2009 is my ebay ID.  Please accept my apology.  We just see way too many people looking to screw people over on this stuff, just cause they can.  It does not appear that you are one of those sellers.  If my collection wasn't so big to begin with, then I would actually send a legit offer. 

Whatever you decide to do, good luck man.  Hope things start looking up for your family.  Merry Christmas!  :)

Senshi

TheMilford

Thanks all. And honestly, no hard feelings. I came here because after I received 5 or 6 $10-15 offers I figured the answer might be in a post contained herein. :wink: Either way, It has helped me to think this through.

So, I've thought about it... AND: With the price currently at $1300 Or Best Offer. I'm going all-or-nothing ($1000 would being my bottom). As it were, It was my original intent to, albeit starting a tad high, justify letting it go. The chuck of cash would help me to finance a very importance piece of equipment for my band, which is my top priority after my family. I'm just not ready to go through the process of parting it out and dealing with all the separate shipping and packing, etc. Although I am still considering just selling a few items (ones without sentimental value) that folks expressed interest... Order of the Griffon would be hard for me to part with if I was keeping the core system. But I'm considering Buster Bros, YsIII and the Super System card (along with all the SCD games) as I really have no nostalgia for since recently I acquired them.

You may have noticed I have other non-gmaing items up on eBay... If a few of those sell I won't need to sell the TG16 lot. If I go another month without selling my big items I may reconsider parting out the collection here.

I appreciate being able to use this forum as a sounding board. And I apologize for a bit of trolling, since it's been a eon since I was last active.

Cheers,
David

CrackTiger

I actually counted everything up when I saw Necromancer's link yesterday, but didn't feel it necessary to comment. Going by average eBay prices, not the top or bottom end, I estimated it would sell for $600 - $700. That took into account the limited info and for each individual item.  If key items are in imnaculate condition and everything was listed separated with great descriptions and close up pics (lie-based hype about rarity and other sold prices helps), it could go for over $1000. But regular lots are supposed to offer a substantial discount, the larger the lot the larger the discount. The exception is complete sets of things that are genuine sets and that doesn't really apply to video games very often.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keith Courage

I'm with you Bernie he should keep it. 6 years ago I sold my entire US collection of games and US duo to now want it all back and I have been looking a while for some of the games. I most likely will never get another copy of Dynastic Hero, Dungeon explorer II, or Might and Magic III again.

I did the emulator thing for a while with a PC hooked up to my TV and if was fun but never the same. Something about just playing roms and burned discs took the fun out of it.

MotherGunner

In other news....  Game Squad is back.... (I can tell it's him because of the stupid white tile photos...).

http://myworld.ebay.com/everythingcollect/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Neo Rasa

Not a single LQQK or RARE!!! though seems like a massive improvement.  Guess you can only shill so much when all you have left are Sega power cables. :)

Senshi

Haha...i recognize that floor anywhere.

Mathius

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Neo Rasa on 12/17/2011, 08:27 PMNot a single LQQK or RARE!!! though seems like a massive improvement.  Guess you can only shill so much when all you have left are Sega power cables. :)
Nope, now you get "HIGH QUALITY!"  :lol:
END OF LINE.

BigusSchmuck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-III-Wanderers-Ys-TurboGrafx-CD-RPG-VGA-GRADED-/220914309014?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item336f84d796
$900 for ys 3! I don't care if its "new" thats ridiculous! Someone ought to lynch the fool.
And yet we have another fool:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-III-Wanderers-Ys-Turbo-Grafx-CD-NEW-Sealed-/260872979033?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cbd3dc259
Almost as much as the duo was when it was brand new! What on earth are these fools smoking?

thesteve

munchiaz

I'm not a fan of buying sealed stuff because most if not everything i buy i want to play at some point. So there is never a reason for me to spend this kind of money on a game.

thesteve

agreed i buy my games loose if possible
systems too

TheMilford

Pulled it down. Keeping it all... for now.

Had some bites on my other items and business seems to be picking up.

Thanks all!

Glad to be back BTW.

Mathius

Quote from: TheMilford on 12/18/2011, 08:18 PMPulled it down. Keeping it all... for now.

Had some bites on my other items and business seems to be picking up.

Thanks all!

Glad to be back BTW.
Welcome back! :)