RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

bartre

DynamiteSJ

SMF

Lol I watched 1 and I kept saying 1 more 1 more 1 more lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

DynamiteSJ

lol... yea i dont think BIC lighters was a good idea

blueraven

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

OH BOY IPHONE SMOKE

ROFLMAO

NecroPhile

289.34 shipped ($26.30 each) for Blazing Lazers, Boxy Boy, Cadash, Devil's Crush, Double Dungeons, Dungeon Explorer, Legendary Axe II, Military Madness, Neutopia, Sinistron, and Super Star Soldier.  A pretty nice group of games to be sure, but not worth anywhere near that much in a lot and sans cases and boxes.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

roflmao

I was watching that one as well. Great games, but they don't even have cases!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

emu002

its the game you could only get via mail order if you bought another darius game right?

CrackTiger

Quote from: emu002 on 01/14/2012, 07:53 PMits the game you could only get via mail order if you bought another darius game right?
You had to mail away with proof of purchase from both Darius games, but the price that auction was at when you posted the link was actually about as cheap as it usually goes for online.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SMF

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2012, 02:56 PM
Quote from: emu002 on 01/14/2012, 07:53 PMits the game you could only get via mail order if you bought another darius game right?
You had to mail away with proof of purchase from both Darius games, but the price that auction was at when you posted the link was actually about as cheap as it usually goes for online.
Watching this auction to see how much money people think this game is worth.

SMF

Sell one like this Darius Alpha PC Engine HuCard jpn lt gt turbo duo 16 core cd super rx nec grafx

Item condition: --

Ended: Jan 15, 201212:06:24 PST

Bid history: 32 bids

Winning bid: GBP 585.00  
 Approximately US $894.17

WOW, Is this really worth that much to people?

SuperPlay

I normally see this go for around £600 - £800 in the UK

With paperwork I have seen one go for £1,000

emu002

i had this on my watched list

all I can say is wow!

SMF

Looks like ill never own Bikini & Hawaiian Island Girls turbo duo cd games lol. I heard they was horrid but would have been nice to add them to my collection.

Anyone out there wanna sell me theres lol, O hell ill be happy with the burns lol.

SMF

Questions from other members : Bikini & Hawaiian Island Girls turbo duo CDs grafx 16 PC Engine super rx r RARE! 
Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  hi, these are the last two games I need to complete my Turbo Grafx collection. Please would you sell them to me for $350? many thanks Jan-14-12

A:   Hi, thanks for your interest in my auctions. Sorry there is now only one day left on the auction, I would prefer not to sell as a "Buy it Now". Cheers anyways for your offer.

Q:  Hello, i really need these items... can you do an exception for this time? I live in Italy and till now no problems with pack in the Uk... please let me know, i can bid high... Jan-14-12

A:   Hi, thanks for your interest in my auction. Yes OK, you can bid on these items. I usually do not ship to Italy as I ship using Royal Mail's Airmail Airsure and this service is not offered to Italy. But as I am planning on shipping these particular items using a different service probably via DHL Courier with full insurance, I will open it up to be shipped to Italy. Thanks 

OMG These games might be rarer then Magical Chase lol

CrackTiger

Quote from: SMF on 01/15/2012, 03:08 PMWOW, Is this really worth that much to people?
It's still ridiculous, but it makes more sense than the "collector's" prices of games like Magical Chase and Dynastic Hero, which are supposed to be based on rarity.

NecroPhile

Quote from: SMF on 01/15/2012, 04:53 PMOMG These games might be rarer then Magical Chase lol
Here's the link for those that missed it: Bikini Girls and Hawaiian Island Girls for $512 shipped.  In terms of the actual number produced they most likely are rarer than M.C., yet they're nowhere near as much fun to play.

NecroPhile

Sonofabitch!!!  Some dip shit (user ID: vz614937) bought the boxed Duo in a fancy display table for $1250.  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2012, 03:19 PMSonofabitch!!!  Some dip shit (user ID: vz614937) bought the boxed Duo in a fancy display table for $1250.  ](*,)
Well I hope he enjoys his card table.

I picture that Duo gasping for air and begging to be let out.

SMF

Wow what a moron, Do people really need a box that badly?

Bernie

You have got to be fucking kidding me! 

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2012, 03:19 PMSonofabitch!!!  Some dip shit (user ID: vz614937) bought the boxed Duo in a fancy display table for $1250.  ](*,)

geise

At least no one bought this "PERFECTLY WORKING" Duo.  I saw this months ago but just wanted to refresh everyone's memory of the stupidity that is on ebay.  Props to the seller if it actually sells though.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-95-GOLD-LEVEL-GRADE-/220930820502?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D180779936469%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5659021819050376298

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: geise on 01/16/2012, 05:08 PMAt least no one bought this "PERFECTLY WORKING" Duo.  I saw this months ago but just wanted to refresh everyone's memory of the stupidity that is on ebay.  Props to the seller if it actually sells though.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-95-GOLD-LEVEL-GRADE-/220930820502?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D5%26pmod%3D180779936469%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5659021819050376298
Its that video game quality guy, he has all sorts of turbo/pce stuff that is WAY over priced just because its "new never opened" and has his own grading.

hoobs88

The Display isn't even included (unless picked up from his house)!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Bernie

I have an Ebay account that I dont use anymore.  I should buy it now, and just not pay.  Become a pain in the ass for him, even if only a little while.  :)

Keith Courage

SMF

OMG FINALLY I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT GAME FOR 10 YEARS NOW. ONLY 109.99 THAT'S A STEAL. Now if only I can get TV Sports Football.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

MotherGunner

That's it, we should spam the hell out of this guy, I'm gonna say that $109 is too much of a steal and I would feel bad if I ONLY gave him that amount since it is stupidly rare, then give him a link to other ebay auctions that show many more decent prices but really say "Look, I couldn't even find another one through a simple search! would you PLEASE accept $350 for it? I can paypal you today."  

Make it all sarcastic as fuck.

Who's with me?

Edit:  This was my message to him

"Wow, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this auction.  I would have never imagined in a million years that I would be able to find this ULTRA OMG RARE game on eBay, but thanks to GOOD persons such as yourself my dreams have come true.  I even did a search to confirm that no other deal is better than yours and I have found ZERO deals.  Look!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keith-Courage-Alpha-Zones-Turbo-Grafx-16-Complete-/350498858338?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item519b5c2562

It would honestly NOT feel right to only pay you $109 for this epic open but OMG RARE copy.  Would you PLEASE humbly accept $350 for it?  I can pay you ASAP.  Thanks again for allowing me to witness auction greatness...  "
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/17/2012, 05:04 PMThat's it, we should spam the hell out of this guy, I'm gonna say that $109 is too much of a steal and I would feel bad if I ONLY gave him that amount since it is stupidly rare, then give him a link to other ebay auctions that show many more decent prices but really say "Look, I couldn't even find another one through a simple search! would you PLEASE accept $350 for it? I can paypal you today."   

Who's with me?

Edit:  This was my message to him

"Wow, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this auction.  I would have never imagined in a million years that I would be able to find this ULTRA OMG RARE game on eBay, but thanks to GOOD persons such as yourself my dreams have come true.  I even did a search to confirm that no other deal is better than yours and I have found ZERO deals.  Look!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keith-Courage-Alpha-Zones-Turbo-Grafx-16-Complete-/350498858338?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item519b5c2562

It would honestly NOT feel right to only pay you $109 for this epic open but OMG RARE copy.  Would you PLEASE humbly accept $350 for it?  I can pay you ASAP.  Thanks again for allowing me to witness auction greatness...  "
Powered up games is just as bad, he wouldn't take $30 for a CIB with manual Parasol Stars setup.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasol-Stars-Turbo-Grafx-16-Complete-Game-TG16-/260872824019?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3cbd3b64d3
We should just report his ass to the ebay authorities over and over again. ^^

SMF

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/17/2012, 05:04 PMThat's it, we should spam the hell out of this guy, I'm gonna say that $109 is too much of a steal and I would feel bad if I ONLY gave him that amount since it is stupidly rare, then give him a link to other ebay auctions that show many more decent prices but really say "Look, I couldn't even find another one through a simple search! would you PLEASE accept $350 for it? I can paypal you today."   

Who's with me?

Edit:  This was my message to him

"Wow, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this auction.  I would have never imagined in a million years that I would be able to find this ULTRA OMG RARE game on eBay, but thanks to GOOD persons such as yourself my dreams have come true.  I even did a search to confirm that no other deal is better than yours and I have found ZERO deals.  Look!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keith-Courage-Alpha-Zones-Turbo-Grafx-16-Complete-/350498858338?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item519b5c2562

It would honestly NOT feel right to only pay you $109 for this epic open but OMG RARE copy.  Would you PLEASE humbly accept $350 for it?  I can pay you ASAP.  Thanks again for allowing me to witness auction greatness...  "
DUDE THAT WAS EPIC, You kind sir are AWESOME.

Bernie

Here was my question to him:  Are you mentally retarded?  Noone in their right mind is going to buy this game at that price.  Its the pack in game for petes sake man.

NecroPhile

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/17/2012, 06:08 PMAre you mentally retarded?  Noone in their right mind is going to buy this game at that price.  Its the pack in game for petes sake man. 
But it comes in a baggie!  That's easy worth an extra Benjamin, ain't it?

NightWolve

Wow, that's ridiculous, but I sure as hell would be jealous if he actually does manage to find someone dumb enough to buy it at that price (Unless this is his first time posting an item at such an outrageous price, I would guess he's [occasionally] succeeded in the past, no?). Oh look, he added "Official Turbo Zone Direct Close-Out Sale" underneath the description making it all "official-ly" looking... Heh-heh.

BigusSchmuck

MotherGunner

Spam away if you want.  I said my piece.
-MG

futureman2000

I was looking through that guy's (Video_game_quality) completed listings- it's a fun read, especially if you order it as price > high to low. A wasteland of unpurchased, overpriced, **Graded!** stuff.

alexsduo

Can anyone remember if KC was sealed? 

That picture of the manual shows some wear...

Someone with balls should buy it now. Receive it, and then dispute "Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer's sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details."

and then ebay will give you a refund, and most of the time you just get to keep it (or sometimes, as I have read on "the internetz" you are http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57352627-93/paypal-dispute-ends-in-destruction-of-violin/ required to destroy it, skepticalness ensues.)

If you get to keep it, put it back on ebay for $350, and list it as "like new" very slight creasing, best copy on ebay, uber rare, drool"

win.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Sadler

Pretty sure keith courage was never sealed.

alexsduo

I was thinking that too.... His is not, but I kinda thought it could have been..

Oh, what do I know, we had a tg-16 back in the day, and I played the hell out of KC, and maybe 3 years ago, I found out there was a comic in it!!!!!!!!!! :)

Sadler

:D I was actually just thinking about that. I don't even remember the comic!

Either way though, the guy's fucking retarded. If it weren't for his other listings I'd think it was a joke.

Mathius

I think this is the same guy that got hounded over at Sega-16.com for selling resealed games as "sealed", "never opened". :roll:

He wins the Nintega Dingleberry Award for Excellence in Retardedness.

Sadler

Anyone know what the deal is with ebay seller Ninja Castle? He has tons of new TG16 stuff and prices that at least I don't mind. Did he get some significant portion of red frog's stuff?

MotherGunner

Quote from: Sadler on 01/17/2012, 10:17 PM:D I was actually just thinking about that. I don't even remember the comic!

Either way though, the guy's fucking retarded. If it weren't for his other listings I'd think it was a joke.
If you want just the comic you can find that easily on eBay now.
-MG

alexsduo

Oh, I got that a while ago... (comic)

Ninja Castle is sick, I bought some sealed games, but I am scared to open them...

Sadler

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/17/2012, 10:49 PM
Quote from: Sadler on 01/17/2012, 10:17 PM:D I was actually just thinking about that. I don't even remember the comic!

If you want just the comic you can find that easily on eBay now.
Meh, I'm not huge on Keith Courage, nor am I a completist. I'm alright with seeing scans for now. :)

Sadler

Quote from: alexsduo on 01/17/2012, 11:19 PMOh, I got that a while ago... (comic)

Ninja Castle is sick, I bought some sealed games, but I am scared to open them...
Unless you have another copy, rip that shit open! You bought it, might as well play it! :D