FS: US Magical Chase Box + other boxes for trade

Started by geddon_jt, 01/15/2012, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Sounds like someone is smoking too much crack. Let him put on ebay for that outrageous price and we'll spam him the same.

MotherGunner

A lot of money in my eyes for a box is $100-$200.  Had he said I want one month's rent for it that would have been a different story...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

blueraven

SignOfZeta

I had no idea he was looking to rip someone off that bad. What's the record for the entire game at this point? No more than twice that, is it? So the box is half the value?

Yeah, fuck this guy. I was thinking it might want $150 and I was going to rag on whoever paid that much for it.

Also, plus %2 for PayPal fees? How just flat out fucking greedy can you get? If I sold a useless box for $1250 I'd be willing to eat the %2. Even used car salesmen don't fuck people that bad.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

if we all chip in we can buy the box and have some film it being burned, and then pissed on.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

alexsduo

Maybe we can chip in, and pass it around like a cheap floozy, but wear protection, seriously.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Arkhan Asylum

well i think theres enough of us that it would be kind of funny at least, and cheap.

OBEYPROTEST!

I can't believe that though. 1250$ for a stupid looking box.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Like I said, as we type this someone here has probably already paid for it.
-MG

alexsduo

ok, 1250, but you pay shipping and paypal.

alexsduo

Oh, and you include a sealed copy of M C too.

SMF

People like this just make me sick, This is why the Turbo is so hard to enjoy. Young people try to get into the Turbo Games and can't cause shit like this turns them off.

O BUT HEY we should thank him for trying to rape us 1st before doing what he should have done from the get go and toss it on ebay.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

MotherGunner

Quote from: SMF on 01/19/2012, 04:23 PMPeople like this just make me sick, This is why the Turbo is so hard to enjoy. Young people try to get into the Turbo Games and can't cause shit like this turns them off.

O BUT HEY we should thank him for trying to rape us 1st before doing what he should have done from the get go and toss it on ebay.
But what about the CHILDREN!  Long live LilGrafx!

You know, I wish someone did in fact went back and remade hucard replicas (with working roms, artwork, boxes etc) along altered labels and disclaimers to flood the market.   That would drive down the high prices as well as let younger people enjoy the game on real hardware. Seems like people have done for EVERY system except this one...
-MG

BigusSchmuck

Imagine what kind of turbo/pc engine stuff I could get if I had $1250...

Sadler

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 04:43 PMImagine what kind of turbo/pc engine stuff I could get if I had $1250...
Like 12 Keith Courages!

csgx1

Ebay gouging is almost expected now days, but I think this IS WORST then Ebay gouging.  The OP writing up a long winded post to come off like he sincerely wants to give a fair price and explains how he doesn't want to 'gouge' the pcefx community.  Then tries to discretely offer/gouge a ridiculous price through PMs. Complete BS...[-X 

Bernie

Quote from: csgx1 on 01/19/2012, 05:04 PMEbay gouging is almost expected now days, but I think this IS WORST then Ebay gouging.  The OP writing up a long winded post to come off like he sincerely wants to give a fair price and explains how he doesn't want to 'gouge' the pcefx community.  Then tries to discretely offer/gouge a ridiculous price through PMs. Complete BS...[-X 
My thoughts EXACTLY!!  "Im your friend, here allow me to pat you on the back and distract you, while I shove my dick in your ass."  Thats about what his post amounts to if you ask me.  He knew he was wrong from the get-go.  Doing us a favor??  LOL.  What a jerk.

jperryss

He did say he wanted a lot of money for it, so it shoulda been no surprise. But...

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 04:43 PMImagine what kind of turbo/pc engine stuff I could get if I had $1250...
I'll admit $1250 is a little nuts. I don't think I've paid that much for modded my Duo-R and entire collection.

geddon_jt

Some of you obviously just PMed me without any genuine interest in the item, just so you could take the time to write me back, tell me to shove the box "up my ass", and post on here what a jackass I am. Really nice.

At the end of the day, there were a lot of interested parties on this item, and you are hurting those people because next time I will think twice about trying to sell a rare item on here. It's easier just to ebay it than listen to this totally childish criticism and whining.

For those of you who wrote me and were gentlemen, I appreciate the interest.

Bernie

HA!!  Who is hurting who here, you moron?  Its obviously not us.  And yes, I did tell you to shove the box up your ass.  Childish?  Maybe, but then again so was your weak attempt at trying to hide what you were doing, acting like you were doing this community a favor.  If thats the favors you have in reserve fella, I suggest you keep them to yourself.   Maybe at the end of the day you did have some interested parties, and guess what? I was interested.  Till I realized what you were actually trying to do.  I was expecting a couple hundred at most, but damn man...  WTF?  So, yeah at the end of the day you had people interested.  I bet at the end of the day you still have a empty box as well...  Dont act like you are the victim here.  It is obvious you were trying to victimize us, and it backfired in your face, as it should have.  What you are asking for that box is just insane.  If you dont like that we dont care for your attempts to assrape us, then by all means go assrape some dumbass on Ebay where you belong.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: geddon_jt on 01/19/2012, 06:58 PMSome of you obviously just PMed me without any genuine interest in the item, just so you could take the time to write me back, tell me to shove the box "up my ass", and post on here what a jackass I am. Really nice.

At the end of the day, there were a lot of interested parties on this item, and you are hurting those people because next time I will think twice about trying to sell a rare item on here. It's easier just to ebay it than listen to this totally childish criticism and whining.

If you had made a decent offer no one here would be slamming you here on the forums. $1250 dollars is an insane amount of cash for a cardboard box.

SignOfZeta

Please kill yourself. Use the $1250 for a coffin. Dick.

Quote from: geddon_jt on 01/19/2012, 06:58 PMSome of you obviously just PMed me without any genuine interest in the item, just so you could take the time to write me back, tell me to shove the box "up my ass", and post on here what a jackass I am. Really nice.

IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: SMF on 01/19/2012, 04:23 PMPeople like this just make me sick, This is why the Turbo is so hard to enjoy. Young people try to get into the Turbo Games and can't cause shit like this turns them off.
It is frustrating. The PCE has always been thought of as an expensive system to collect for...but it really isn't. Most of the best games are less than $20. Shit like this distracts people's attention from a $15 Super Star Solider or $20 Lords of Thunder.
IMG

drsreym

Guy's you should cut him a break the last magical chase sold here complete for $1700 and on eBay for $2k+. Although its seems quite high and it is its not like he completely off the wall. You guys are just pissed off that you thought you could take you loose MC (maybe you already have it) and put it in this box and have a $1500-$2000+ game for pennies on the dollar.

Really if you add up the cost you paid for your loose MC + his fee your probably in the ballpark of what a complete one goes for these days maybe less. If you are not in that ballpark then you probably grossly over paid for your loose copy.

I'm shocked people thought it would go for "a couple hundred" when complete copies are so expensive. i know i was hopeful that the price would be quite lower but i was more wishing that than actually believed that.

Bernie

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:24 PMGuy's you should cut him a break the last magical chase sold here complete for $1700 and on eBay for $2k+. Although its seems quite high and it is its not like he completely off the wall. You guys are just pissed off that you thought you could take you loose MC (maybe you already have it) and put it in this box and have a $1500-$2000+ game for pennies on the dollar.

Really if you add up the cost you paid for your loose MC + his fee your probably in the ballpark of what a complete one goes for these days maybe less. If you are not in that ballpark then you probably grossly over paid for your loose copy.

I'm shocked people thought it would go for "a couple hundred" when complete copies are so expensive. i know i was hopeful that the price would be quite lower but i was more wishing that than actually believed that.
HAHAHAHA!!  Comical post of the day.  Congrats....moron..  Totally missing the point are we?  Yeah, I can see that.

nectarsis

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:24 PMI'm shocked people thought it would go for "a couple hundred" when complete copies are so expensive. i know i was hopeful that the price would be quite lower but i was more wishing that than actually believed that.
COMPLETE copies have what matters...oh I don't know...THE GAME maybe??
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 04:27 PM

But what about the CHILDREN!  Long live LilGrafx!

You know, I wish someone did in fact went back and remade hucard replicas (with working roms, artwork, boxes etc) along altered labels and disclaimers to flood the market.   That would drive down the high prices as well as let younger people enjoy the game on real hardware. Seems like people have done for EVERY system except this one...
I so hope this happens some day. Heres how i see it. I want to play the game on the actual system, and have a nice box to display for my sake. If i want the real version then i'll buy it, bu ti have no issues with repos.

geddon_jt

Well, that's the last time I try selling something on this site. It's a shame, as I like the fans to get this stuff, and people who have dealt with me in the past know that I have been more than fair. I have probably given away more Turbo stuff for free than the loudmouths in this thread have in their whole collection, but I'm not going to bother when I'm accused of being a dick for wanting a certain price on what, despite you want to believe, is a very rare, valuable and collectible item.

Those who have contacted me with trade items for my remaining boxes, I look forward to working out great deals with each of you. As you can see from my list on the front page, all I need is a bunch of commons, and I'm happy to trade some of my rare boxes toward some of those items.

This is my last selling post. Grow up, everyone.

Bernie

Why not make it your last post period?  I seriously doubt that you have given away a quarter of what I have for the TG-16, let alone what others have.  But hey, least you offered free shipping.  Guess its not all that bad...oh wait...  Yeah, us not liking your motives, and calling you out is not called childish, its called "calling you out".  Maybe its you that should "grow up".  Have a nice day....  :)

nectarsis

^ Why all the whining when you even stated you KNEW this EXACT reaction would happen?  Methinks thou dost protest to much (to use your own words...Grow up) ;)

drsreym

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/19/2012, 07:37 PMCOMPLETE copies have what matters...oh I don't know...THE GAME maybe??
That's true complete copies have the game. if you don't already own magical chase loose you should not be trying to buy the box. You should try to buy a complete one and unless your very lucky your going to pay $1700+

The idea behind the sale is for one of us to take one of our loose copy and make it complete. Loose copies go for $500-$800 while the complete copies go for $1700-$2000+.

I got called a moron here but its simple economics 101. The box is what drives the price from $500-$800+ to sometimes $2k+ is nothing but the cardboard box.

What sucks for all of us is were all so crazy about MC that the price got driven up to that point. About 10 years ago I passed on a sealed MC that was going for $600 because I thought it was a ripoff. Now I almost give my first born to get that copy for even 3x that amount. I really hate that this game goes for this much but that the market we live in these days.

nectarsis

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:52 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/19/2012, 07:37 PMCOMPLETE copies have what matters...oh I don't know...THE GAME maybe??
That's true complete copies have the game. if you don't already own magical chase loose you should not be trying to buy the box. You should try to buy a complete one and unless your very lucky your going to pay $1700+

The idea behind the sale is for one of us to take one of our loose copy and make it complete. Loose copies go for $500-$800 while the complete copies go for $1700-$2000+.

I got called a moron here but its simple economics 101. The box is what drives the price from $500-$800+ to sometimes $2k+ is nothing but the cardboard box.

What sucks for all of us is were all so crazy about MC that the price got driven up to that point. About 10 years ago I passed on a sealed MC that was going for $600 because I thought it was a ripoff. Now I almost give my first born to get that copy for even 3x that amount. I really hate that this game goes for this much but that the market we live in these days.
The box isn't what drives the price up...people with more $, than common sense do ;)

$600 10 years ago BWAHAHAHAHA it wasn't going for that well after.  Sadly people that are so OMG MUST HAVE "desperate" for what is by in large a just above average game (vs MANY other games in the system library) just continue to drive this game to beyond ridiculous amounts.

SignOfZeta

I'm sure the Big Tymers, the Players, the Grown Ups, will have a hard time buying this but I seriously don't give a shit about US Magical Chase. I'm not jealous. At all. If I wanted it I would have bought it off the shelf at EB where it sat for almost a year before being recalled to the warehouse. I'm not verbally abusing you materialistic fucks because I covet your shit, I'm abusing you because you ARE shit.

Besides, $1250 is what I paid for my Miata, and it's a lot more fun riding the ass of a supercharged Viper at Waterford Hills than it is staring at a 20 year old cardboard fucking box. I'm not the one with jacked up priorities.
IMG

Sparky

Ya its a shame, you started off giving us a heads up that you want some coin but wanted to give the community first chance so i thought and many others you would give us a break some what. <<shrugs>>

Instead your greed just ruined you just like others on this forum that have done the same...
People do not forget man and one day when you are looking for help & a good deal on a game i doubt you will find it here.

PS: Take drsreym with ya when head over to ebay :P

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2012, 09:18 PMPS: Take drsreym with ya when head over to ebay :P
Yes, please do.  Morons should stick together.   =D&gt;

munchiaz

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:52 PM

At the end of the day, its a fucking game. This isn't some piece of art that is like 100's of years old. The reason this game is so costly is because ass holes who sell it for high prices, and dumb asses who decide to buy it.

So when one person sells it for 1k it becomes a standard and everyone else prices as such. But This is not the place for that. I'm new here, but i have gotten so many good deals, that i refuse to buy high priced shit from ebay/ Even if i really want it, just because it would ruin the TG-16/PCE sale prices even more.  

This guy is trying to defend his price by saying it is a rare item, and as such it justifies the price he is asking for. I say fuck that, again this is not the place for shit like that. a month back BlueBMW sold me a complete copy of castlevania rondo of blood for $60. Now that is one hell of a deal.

I offered him that amount and he said it was fine, but i knew if i offered him less he would have taken it anyway, because he knows how much i wanted to play the game. This guy is out for pure profit, on a forum that is out for enjoyment of the games.

blueraven

Quote from: geddon_jt on 01/19/2012, 07:39 PMWell, that's the last time I try selling something on this site. It's a shame, as I like the fans to get this stuff, and people who have dealt with me in the past know that I have been more than fair. I have probably given away more Turbo stuff for free than the loudmouths in this thread have in their whole collection, but I'm not going to bother when I'm accused of being a dick for wanting a certain price on what, despite you want to believe, is a very rare, valuable and collectible item.

Those who have contacted me with trade items for my remaining boxes, I look forward to working out great deals with each of you. As you can see from my list on the front page, all I need is a bunch of commons, and I'm happy to trade some of my rare boxes toward some of those items.

This is my last selling post. Grow up, everyone.
Trust me, we won't miss you. I liked the SOB story btw about how you bought it new.

Quote from: drsreym on 01/19/2012, 07:24 PMGuy's you should cut him a break the last magical chase sold here complete for $1700 and on eBay for $2k+. Although its seems quite high and it is its not like he completely off the wall. You guys are just pissed off that you thought you could take you loose MC (maybe you already have it) and put it in this box and have a $1500-$2000+ game for pennies on the dollar.

I'm sorry, what the fuck is your point?

drsreym

Quote from: blueraven on 01/19/2012, 09:44 PMI'm sorry, what the fuck is your point?
Say what you want my point is you guys are blowing things out of proportion. Unless you guys start selling off you copies of MC at way below market prices the price will only go up more. So unless your volunteering to sell yours off for cheap you should get off your high horse. My bet is the loudest complainers are those who don't even own the game. If they did they would be happy their investment and value has increased and not try to do things to devalue their collection. If the complainers actually own a copy the sell it off at a what you think is a reasonable price as that the only way the market will go down. Supply / Demand.

I hate price gouging as much as the next so the best thing you can do is vote with you dollars and don't buy things that are grossly overpriced.

MotherGunner

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/19/2012, 08:17 PMI'm sure the Big Tymers, the Players, the Grown Ups, will have a hard time buying this but I seriously don't give a shit about US Magical Chase. I'm not jealous. At all. If I wanted it I would have bought it off the shelf at EB where it sat for almost a year before being recalled to the warehouse. I'm not verbally abusing you materialistic fucks because I covet your shit, I'm abusing you because you ARE shit.

Besides, $1250 is what I paid for my Miata, and it's a lot more fun riding the ass of a supercharged Viper at Waterford Hills than it is staring at a 20 year old cardboard fucking box. I'm not the one with jacked up priorities.
God dammit Zeta, thank you.  I paid that much for a piece of shit pontiac and got laid to no end back in the day.  And why are we using Thibaut and Dyna as an example of what good looks like here?  Newbs should stfu.
-MG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/19/2012, 07:17 PMPlease kill yourself. Use the $1250 for a coffin. Dick.
I dub this the official greatest post of 2012.

I'm seriously in tears laughing right now.

Here is everyone here after hearing what the price of this box is:

nectarsis

LOL I've said it before, and I'll say it again...my collection could be worth $1 a game and you know what, it wouldn't bother me one bit...because video game are NOT an investment :P

alexsduo

I am surprised that no one has mentioned that:

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

INDIANA JONES RAIDERS OF THE OVERPRICED BOX.

MotherGunner

I have the pron version:  In Diana Dong and the Temple of Poon.
-MG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/19/2012, 10:40 PMLOL I've said it before, and I'll say it again...my collection could be worth $1 a game and you know what, it wouldn't bother me one bit...because video game are NOT an investment :P
=D&gt;  best post in the thread!

SMF

ITS A BOX, He's asking for MC game price for a box. So let me understand here. So what your saying is the box is worth more then the actual game itself.

The last MC COMPLETE in box game sold on the forums sold for $1700. Your asking $1250 for a box. So if that's the case your saying MC is only worth $450 then.

People are pissed because you came off as a cool guy that wasn't looking to screw us on the forums. In the end your price was just out of the ballpark. Iam one of the few members on the forums that do own MC Manual and game I could care less about a dam box.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Dyna138

The anger and name calling in this thread is really disturbing...is this really a mature gaming community forum or some schoolyard full of kids? Are people really this upset over the price he's offering the Magical Chase box for? No one is forcing any of you to buy anything from him so why get so upset? I'm not gonna justify his price for just the box, but Magical Chase is a rare game and the box is probably the hardest part to find for a complete copy. That might not mean anything to some of you but for collectors a lot of people are looking for it. Personally I would never pay that for just the box, but it's his property and he can charge what he wants for it. Its up to people to decide if they wanna pay that price for it and its really none of anyone's business who buys it and for what price. If you do don't like what he's offering just say no thanks and move along. Obviously if no one pays the amount he's asking for on here or ebay he'll lower the price.

Honestly I don't really care one way or the other, I've never had any problems with anyone on this forum, but since my names been brought up by someone who seems butt hurt over something I thought I'd give my 2 cents.

MotherGunner

ROFL, I REFERENCED your name not because I was butthurt but because some newb was using your purchase as what is the norm.

Read it again guy...  I could give a shit.  *smh*
-MG

nectarsis

Quote from: Dyna138 on 01/19/2012, 11:24 PMbut Magical Chase is a rare game
Not really any more rare than many of the late release caseless games.

The whole "acting like kids", whining about whats said...seriously it's gotten to be old hat around here.  It has been noted for ages that if you want Ebay prices, GO TO EBAY.  This is a fairly tight knit community for a niche (more than most) system.  People can/have/will get called out over ridiculous prices (hell even the OP posted that he KNEW it would happen, then complains when it does....derp).  Same as anything else, if it bothers you oh well, people here have always had an issue with people gouging....and that won't change.

MotherGunner

What Nec said.  I remember getting called out over my big lot sale and I don't recall acting like a little bitch about it.  Instead after my vacation I came back and split it up eventually.  And even after I posted prices for the games being individually sold, I gave some guys deals and took even more off the top.  I understood people had a problem with the "lot" itself so I manned up and did right by these guys.  That's why I did not sell anything from my lot on ebay knowing that I could have "probably" gotten more.   I'm sure that left me just soooo butthurt*..  =)

*sarcasm
-MG

Dyna138

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:28 PMROFL, I REFERENCED your name not because I was butthurt but because some newb was using your purchase as what is the norm.
What is the "norm"?

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/19/2012, 11:28 PMRead it again guy...  I could give a shit.  *smh*
Not really convinced, sorry.

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/19/2012, 11:29 PMPeople can/have/will get called out over ridiculous prices (hell even the OP posted that he KNEW it would happen, then complains when it does....derp).  Same as anything else, if it bothers you oh well, people here have always had an issue with people gouging....and that won't change.
If someone wants to be vocal against someone's prices whatever, but calling people "dick" or "shit" is taking things a little too far. There's no need to stoop to those immature levels on a classic gaming forum where you'd think most if not all posters are adults.