OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMF

Wow a snes collection? Really? I know the snes has a lot of great games but it also has a lot of garbage.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Mishran

NecroPhile

"snesbrosauce"?!?  I want to punch him in the uvula.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: SMF on 02/06/2012, 10:59 PMWow a snes collection? Really? I know the snes has a lot of great games but it also has a lot of garbage.
I'd say the good out weights the bad there the  SNES probably has one of the best library out there ... saying that on a turbo forum may be considered travesty.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/07/2012, 09:12 PM
Quote from: SMF on 02/06/2012, 10:59 PMWow a snes collection? Really? I know the snes has a lot of great games but it also has a lot of garbage.
I'd say the good out weights the bad there the  SNES probably has one of the best library out there ... saying that on a turbo forum may be considered travesty.
A travesty would be saying how great it is that we have hundreds of Snes fan translations going on and how the snes has blah blah blah spoons blah blah swordfish blah blah blah succulant blah blah and then we had some tea. :P

nectarsis

That may be a VERY overly optimistic view.  SNES has prob one of the highest crap to good ratios until the PS2 (the most popular system of the time always has the most crap/shovelware) ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

nat

Being on a Turbo forum has nothing to do with it.

The fact that it's completely bogus does. The SNES has some extremely awesome games. For every one of them, there are 10 steaming piles.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Both "good" and "bad" are irrelevant terms when putting together console game "sets". Every game is an equal slot to fill.

Someone who is simply interested in good games will stick to the good games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SMF

I wasn't saying the SNES didn't have awesome games I own some of them but by no means will I try to collect every SNES game out there. Its like saying I NEED TO OWN EVERY WII GAME EVER MADE. (Whoa that jjust gave me chills)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: SMF on 02/08/2012, 05:13 PMI wasn't saying the SNES didn't have awesome games I own some of them but by no means will I try to collect every SNES game out there. Its like saying I NEED TO OWN EVERY WII GAME EVER MADE. (Whoa that jjust gave me chills)
Yeah my brother has hundreds and a lot of them are really good, but then theres the sports games.

futureman2000

Yeah, video_game_quality is known for ebay bargains.

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Alt-Nintega

LMAO. I might. It's such a rare game I don't know if I can hold myself back.  :lol:  :lol:

Alt-Nintega

and they even have their own grading system. truly epic.

Senshi

SMF

GAME ICON FOR THE TURBO LOL. Does this douch even know Bonk was the Turbos Mascot?

BigT

BigT

Those prices are not even in the ballpark or reality...

I still think that percentage-wise, Keith Courage is the worst deal... he's trying to sell a $1 game for $110... plus, the market for Keith Courage amongst Turbo collectors is so booming  :roll:

SMF

Quote from: futureman2000 on 02/08/2012, 11:13 PMI dunno, my fave is $400 for 10 loose Hu's with manuals.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Grafx-TurboGrafx-16-Game-Lot-Arcade-Action-RPG-Collectors-New-Condition-/320842184974?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab3af390e
New Condition!
I like how he says TURBO ZONE DIRECT FINAL SALES like really guy you can say that but you can't mention what games you are selling.

kiketonto

Quote from: futureman2000 on 02/08/2012, 07:28 PMYeah, video_game_quality is known for ebay bargains.
HAHAHA but...wait! Do you look their votes? They are selling games at that prices...

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: BigT on 02/08/2012, 11:29 PMThose prices are not even in the ballpark or reality...

I still think that percentage-wise, Keith Courage is the worst deal... he's trying to sell a $1 game for $110... plus, the market for Keith Courage amongst Turbo collectors is so booming  :roll:  
and the crazy part is, people buy stuff from them all the time. Look at the feedback. It's good. Lots of sales. They are making a fortune off people.

I bet that eventually they will sell that Keith Courage for what they are asking, and I bet the buyer will not be someone who knows about these cool forums that speak the truth about gouging.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/09/2012, 09:11 AMI bet that eventually they will sell that Keith Courage for what they are asking, and I bet the buyer will not be someone who knows about these cool forums that speak the truth about gouging.
And yet we're assholes when we call someone out for gouging, right?  Go post whore in someone else's thread, you ignorant tool.

Shrapnoid

Lay off, Nec. He's just trying to participate. He's not perfect. None of us are so, just let it go.

I didn't think that gouging Keith Courage of all games could possibly get any worse. This a new low, even for a price gouger.

futureman2000

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/09/2012, 09:11 AMand the crazy part is, people buy stuff from them all the time. Look at the feedback. It's good. Lots of sales. They are making a fortune off people.
You can take a look at completed listings, and you'll see that this seller rarely sells anything at all. The things that they do sell tend to be items that actually are rare, or items that are priced in a reasonable range. But the vast majority do not sell, and are reposted at the same price.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: futureman2000 on 02/09/2012, 12:45 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/09/2012, 09:11 AMand the crazy part is, people buy stuff from them all the time. Look at the feedback. It's good. Lots of sales. They are making a fortune off people.
You can take a look at completed listings, and you'll see that this seller rarely sells anything at all. The things that they do sell tend to be items that actually are rare, or items that are priced in a reasonable range. But the vast majority do not sell, and are reposted at the same price.
well yeah, I'm sure most of the stuff never gets sold, but if you look at their feedback, it looks like they sell a bunch of stuff all the time.

Senshi

Mathius

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 02/09/2012, 02:07 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 02/09/2012, 01:50 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Pc-Engine-Arcade-card-w-Sapphire-/180815906196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1977c594

Well, I think it finally happened. Someone put up one of those freebie Sapphire boots.
Anybody we know of from New Hampshire?
Does the seller pwn n00bs?

The guy who had inside info on Hudson's reprinting of Sapphire was selling stacks of misprints that fell off off the hack of a Hudson Soft truck. There may he hundreds more out there that didn't pass through BlueBMW. Chances are anybody buying spindles of them isn't doing it to redistribute them for free to the community.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/09/2012, 12:11 PMLay off, Nec. He's just trying to participate. He's not perfect. None of us are so, just let it go.
I don't have a problem with anyone participating, even when it's about a seller that's already been mocked repeatedly (as has that copy of Keith).   I do, however, have a problem with double posts just minutes apart and bullshit posts with nothing but a lame smiley.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2012, 02:25 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/09/2012, 02:07 PM
Quote from: Senshi on 02/09/2012, 01:50 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Pc-Engine-Arcade-card-w-Sapphire-/180815906196?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1977c594

Well, I think it finally happened. Someone put up one of those freebie Sapphire boots.
Anybody we know of from New Hampshire?
Does the seller pwn n00bs?

The guy who had inside info on Hudson's reprinting of Sapphire was selling stacks of misprints that fell off off the hack of a Hudson Soft truck. There may he hundreds more out there that didn't pass through BlueBMW. Chances are anybody buying spindles of them isn't doing it to redistribute them for free to the community.
Yeah good point.

CrackTiger

I think that you can still buy spindles of 100 for $100. List them as rare misprints and you'll still make a fortune.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: SMF on 02/08/2012, 05:13 PMI wasn't saying the SNES didn't have awesome games I own some of them but by no means will I try to collect every SNES game out there. Its like saying I NEED TO OWN EVERY WII GAME EVER MADE. (Whoa that jjust gave me chills)
A complete collection of anything is stupid. The best good/bad ratio of all time is probably Neo Geo or Neo Geo Pocket, but I will never spend cash on pachinko and maj jongg shit I'll never actually play. Maybe Legend of Success Joe...but absolutely never will I own ShinOKen.
IMG

Shrapnoid

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/09/2012, 03:20 PM
A complete collection of anything is stupid. The best good/bad ratio of all time is probably Neo Geo or Neo Geo Pocket, but I will never spend cash on pachinko and maj jongg shit I'll never actually play. Maybe Legend of Success Joe...but absolutely never will I own ShinOKen.
I think a lot of this stuff about getting every TG16 game that a lot of people are going on about lately, is that people who are just discovering the Turbo, have it in their heads that it's the cool thing to do because Chris Bucci did it.

Some of us who already had the system for years have planned on doing this eventually and some haven't.
It's a matter of preference with us about what we like and how far we're willing to go to decide whether or not it's really necessary to have every game just because there weren't that many released and it might not be too hard to get the rest for whatever reason.

But, for newcomers to TG16 who want to collect every single U.S. title? You have a loooong road ahead of you.
Even I don't expect to get them all. Sure, I'd like to but, some of the ones I need to complete just the HuCards alone are going to be hard to come by and that doesn't even include MC.

You'd have an easier time searching for and collecting several broken G1 Transformers just to build one good one.

Just go after what you think you'd enjoy playing again and again and after you have those ones then, set your sites on the rest if you still feel the need to have them.

Shrapnoid

Has anyone made an official list of known Ebay gougers yet?
I was going to say, if not, it may be a good idea.
I'm mainly talking about the mega gougers as there probably way to many of the basic gougers to compile.

I don't doubt that a lot of them probably make new accounts too to throw off suspicion.

SignOfZeta

Suspicion? Like, we might suspect that a $300 loose copy of Bonk is gouging but we can't be sure without a list? Who are you, Richard Nixon?
IMG

Shrapnoid

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/09/2012, 05:27 PMSuspicion? Like, we might suspect that a $300 loose copy of Bonk is gouging but we can't be sure without a list? Who are you, Richard Nixon?
I was jus axin' a qaction! You aint gotta be all like dat bouts it!

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/09/2012, 05:55 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/09/2012, 05:27 PMSuspicion? Like, we might suspect that a $300 loose copy of Bonk is gouging but we can't be sure without a list? Who are you, Richard Nixon?
I was jus axin' a qaction! You aint gotta be all like dat bouts it!
nah, he is just telling you that there is no need to point out who the gougers are. It's already obvious that gouging is a very popular activity these days. It doesnt matter if its one guy with one account or some other guy that has 10 different accounts.

There is no conspiracy mate. No point in making lists. Unless you really have some free time, then go ahead, make the list.

Let us see it.

SMF

Yea I reallydont see the point in making one. If you come across someone selling Bonks Adventure for $100 and then you see other people selling them for $15 its just common sense to figure out who the gouger is.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SMF

Alt-Nintega

I like it how he calls the orange labels, salmon. I lol'ed at that.

NecroPhile

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/10/2012, 01:53 AMYou too can buy some "labels" for only $45!
He's down to $30 now - makes ya wonder if he's from this forum.

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/10/2012, 01:57 AM$30 for a manual  (with FREE added damage!!)  :roll: [-(
That's not as ridiculous as the $300 Bonk 3 manual, but it's still frickin' stupid.

Senshi

that's mildly interesting but not $260 interesting