OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

tggodfrey

I too offered 6.28 but put a note in with the offer "you just purchased this from vestcunt"
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

kamiboy

After ebay/paypal fees he stands to only profit about 20 on that deal, which can be considered quite paltry if you factor the time he spent on the deal overall. It might not seem like much but if you add it all up selling stuff on there eats a large amount of your time.

If you consider this work, which it is, then the hour salary is pretty rubbish. What he is doing is pretty par for the course for what every reseller does, not just on eBay either, so I do not really consider his actions evil.

Now if he had priced it 100 or over then he would be entering cartel territory and would be contributing to an unhealthy milieu for all older gen gamers who prefer playing on sctual hardware.

CrackTiger

Quote from: kamiboy on 04/14/2012, 11:56 PMAfter ebay/paypal fees he stands to only profit about 20 on that deal, which can be considered quite paltry if you factor the time he spent on the deal overall. It might not seem like much but if you add it all up selling stuff on there eats a large amountbof your time.

If you consider this work, which it is, then the hour salary is pretty rubbish. What he is doing is pretty par for the course for what every reseller does really, I do not really consider his sctions evil.

Now if he had priced it 100 or over then he would be entering cartel territory and would be contributing to an unhealthy milieu for all older gen gamers who prefer playing on sctual hardware.
Then if another reseller buys it and only tacks on a "par for for the course" tariff and the so does the next reseller, then Turbo games jump in price by ten+ times and they continue to eventually sell to other resellers or wealthy set-collectors, who see no other copies currently available, because resellers continue to snatch them up before most genuine buyers can. This is why non-auction Turbo asking prices are artificially high.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Bernie

Quote from: kamiboy on 04/14/2012, 11:56 PMAfter ebay/paypal fees he stands to only profit about 20 on that deal, which can be considered quite paltry if you factor the time he spent on the deal overall. It might not seem like much but if you add it all up selling stuff on there eats a large amount of your time.

If you consider this work, which it is, then the hour salary is pretty rubbish. What he is doing is pretty par for the course for what every reseller does, not just on eBay either, so I do not really consider his actions evil.

Your attempt to defend this is appalling.  Its not the fact that he may only make 20.00.  Its the fact that he bought it for the sole purpose of doing just that.  Yeah, its life.  But this is the Turbo Gouging thread, not the defend the reseller thread.

kamiboy

He bought that game for a song though. Boxed PCE games in such a good condition should go for higher than 6.28

I know that game is considered to be pretty bad, but still, that is a pretty pathetic highest bid. What the reseller charges is closer to what a close to 20 year old game complete with the flimsy box in a good condition should normally go for. I'd say something like that should cost 20-25, I know it is not amazing, but, hey, at least it is not a sports title.

But, hey, lynching a guy for doing what every reseller of games is doing, finding bargains and reselling at a meaty premium is fine by me, they are no friend of mine. Frankly I have a hard time believing anyone can make a good living off of doing what they do.

VestCunt

Quote from: kamiboy on 04/15/2012, 01:51 AMHe bought that game for a song though. Boxed PCE games in such a good condition should go for higher than 6.28....
I'd say something like that should cost 20-25,
You have 28 posts. No one cares about your stupid, wrong, price estimates.

QuoteI know that game is considered to be pretty bad, but still, that is a pretty pathetic highest bid. What the reseller charges is closer to what a close to 20 year old game complete with the flimsy box in a good condition should normally go for.
No.  That's really what Falcon goes for.  It's one of the worst games on the system.  Take away of the stupid hype and price speculators and that's what our games actually cost.  I jammed every possible keyword in that auction listing and let it go for ten days.  My items were some of the highest profile TG16 items on ebay for over a week.  That pathetic high bid was no fluke.

QuoteFrankly I have a hard time believing anyone can make a good living off of doing what they do.
You're totally missing the point.  Anyone who would even attempt to make a livelihood on such a parasitic activity is either an idiot or the scum of the earth. Not to sound cheesy, but what the fuck ever happened to learning how to do stuff and sharing one's gifts with the world? Browsing an online marketplace with the intent of reselling on the SAME marketplace? Are you honestly calling this an occupation?
Topic Adjourned.

Samurai Ghost

I know this is a hot-button issue around here, but how do you guys feel about game importers? Like Hit-Japan, etc. Although it's basically the same as reselling in practice, to me it's a different animal than eBay reselling because you are actually introducing more games into the market for a lower price, and hopefully that should help reduce the overall price increases we are seeing these days, at least for imports.

The reason I ask is I'm very seriously considering setting up an online shop which is basically allows easy access to thousands of import games focusing on older systems. Of course I'll add a percentage to cover my costs and my time, but even then I think I can do better than eBay prices, and to me it sounds like a fun little side business.

kamiboy

VestCunt

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/15/2012, 05:50 PMI know this is a hot-button issue around here, but how do you guys feel about game importers?
As long as they're not gouging, importers are okay because they provide a service: they have connections, they have bulk discounts, and they save people the trouble of going through Yahoo JP intermediaries.  Completely different than the foodbag slugs that spend their days gaming, wanking, and reselling.
Topic Adjourned.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/15/2012, 05:50 PMI know this is a hot-button issue around here, but how do you guys feel about game importers? Like Hit-Japan, etc. Although it's basically the same as reselling in practice, to me it's a different animal than eBay reselling because you are actually introducing more games into the market for a lower price, and hopefully that should help reduce the overall price increases we are seeing these days, at least for imports.

The reason I ask is I'm very seriously considering setting up an online shop which is basically allows easy access to thousands of import games focusing on older systems. Of course I'll add a percentage to cover my costs and my time, but even then I think I can do better than eBay prices, and to me it sounds like a fun little side business.
I tell you what, Hit-Japan has treated me very awesome due to he will actually let you talk him down on some things just so as long as you aren't asking for 2 cents for Rainbow Islands or anything. :P

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 04/15/2012, 05:32 PMYou have 28 posts. No one cares about your stupid, wrong, price estimates.
Thank you.

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/15/2012, 05:50 PMI know this is a hot-button issue around here, but how do you guys feel about game importers? Like Hit-Japan, etc. Although it's basically the same as reselling in practice, to me it's a different animal than eBay reselling because you are actually introducing more games into the market for a lower price, and hopefully that should help reduce the overall price increases we are seeing these days, at least for imports.
I don't see anything wrong with it.  The only way it'd be shitty is if you were buying up every one of hit-japan's auctions and reselling it at a fair (:roll:) $20 markup.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I wish there were more Japanese sellers who would flip game related items that are cheap in Japan for a decent profit that is still well below the price fixers on eBay. There are also many items I've wanted to buy for a long time which never come up on eBay.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2012, 07:04 PM

I wish there were more Japanese sellers who would flip game related items that are cheap in Japan for a decent profit that is still well below the price fixers on eBay. There are also many items I've wanted to buy for a long time which never come up on eBay.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm planning to do. Of course shipping charges from Japan will still apply, but considering the games themselves are cheap to begin with the total cost wouldn't be too much. Seems a lot of sellers go for the big expensive titles which is the most profitable of course, but I think as a game importer you should be able to offer any game you can.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/16/2012, 08:37 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/16/2012, 07:04 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm planning to do. Of course shipping charges from Japan will still apply, but considering the games themselves are cheap to begin with the total cost wouldn't be too much. Seems a lot of sellers go for the big expensive titles which is the most profitable of course, but I think as a game importer you should be able to offer any game you can.
In Canada, shipping from Japan is usually cheaper and much faster than from the U.S. or Canada. Which is why I prefer buying imports from sellers in Japan.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2012, 08:58 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/16/2012, 08:37 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/16/2012, 07:04 PM

In Canada, shipping from Japan is usually cheaper and much faster than from the U.S. or Canada. Which is why I prefer buying imports from sellers in Japan.
Yeah, I'd have to pay shipping twice, once to my location and once to the destination, so I'd probably focus more on domestic sales. Although I have contacts here in Japan who could potentially ship directly to Canada or wherever else in the world.

kakutolives

Dude... DO IT!!!!
as long as prices remain fair i think everyone would love the idea.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

CrackTiger

Quote from: KingofGames on 02/22/2012, 01:41 AMEverything is spoken for, except Air Zonk and Soldier Blade, which I am holding onto. All in all, I got back $427, held onto the TG-16, Turbo Booster, Soldier Blade, Air Zonk, and swapped Shockman for a Mario Bros. Arcade CIB and Fire Emblem. That Ebay auction really paid off!
Looks like it hasn't finished paying off yet.

Quote from: KingofGames on 02/19/2012, 02:20 PMThe main reason I sprung on the listing was Soldier Blade.

In any case, I would much prefer to trade these, as I know they are difficult to price. I figure in a trade, both parties can use Ebay to determine a fair value. I'm in absolutely no rush to move these, but if the right deals come along, I will gladly move them.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/18/2012, 07:01 PMI've checked out all of the boxed titles, except for OotG. Some of these have aged remarkably well, while others have not. Soldier Blade is stellar, definitely glad to have it in the collection.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/18/2012, 12:04 PMThe bundle was $625 shipped. Before receiving the items, I felt like I got a pretty nice deal. Now that they are in my hand, I couldn't be happier. I truly feel like $625 for the bundle was a complete steal.

I'll leave Soldier Blade for last, though. I'm gonna try to beat as many of the bundle as I can this weekend. Shooting for Shockman, Air Zonk, and Soldier Blade, but we'll see.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/15/2012, 02:26 PMTo be honest, I enjoy the hunt more than any other aspect of collecting. I could sell these TG-16 goodies the day I receive them and I would still feel proud that I at least owned them for a short while.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/14/2012, 04:54 PMWhat I'm saying is that these games don't have a set value. They're simply worth what a person is willing to pay at that moment.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/14/2012, 03:55 PMA person's asking price has nothing to do with the perceived value, Craigslist or otherwise.
Quote from: KingofGames on 02/22/2012, 01:59 AMWow, this one should be fun:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboExpress-Black-Handheld-System-Plus-48-Games-Soldier-Blade-Bonk-3-NAI-/140707460622?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20c2d1760e&autorefresh=true
Here's the description for that auction which ended at $430-

QuoteUp for auction is a super rare lot of a Turbo Express system plus 48 games. Also compatible with the Turbo Grafx 16 and Turbo Duo systems. Turbo express has had the sound and video fix and works flawlessly. Nice and loud. I could not find any dead pixels either.

Many rare games included all games tested and work great. Games you will receive are as follows.
1) Soldier Blade- Game and Manual
2) Neutopia 2- Game and Manual. Manual is well worn and has been taped on front page.
3) New Adventure Island- Game and Manual
4) Dead Moon-Game and Manual
5) Somer Assault-Game and Manual
6) Night Creatures-Game and Manual
7) Parasol Stars-Game and Manual
8) Hit the Ice-Game and Manual
9) Final Lap Twin-Game and Manual
10) Bonk 3-Game only
11) Air Zonk-Game only
12) Bomberman 93-Game only
13) Chew Man Fu-Game only
14) Darkwing Duck-Game only
15) Shockman-Game only
16) World Sports Comp-Game only
17) Ghost Manor-Game only
18) Neutopia-Game only
19) Turrican-Game only
20) Dragon's Curse-Game only
21) Military Madness-Game only
22) Aero Blasters-Game only
23) Veigues Tactical Gladiator-Game only
24) Time Cruise-Game only
25) R-Type-Game only
26) Cyber Core-Game only
27) Tiger Road-Game only
28) Victory Run-Game only
29) King of Casino-Game only
30) Galaga'90-Game only
31) Takin it to the Hoop-Game only
32) Fantasy Zone-Game only
33) Ballistix-Game only
34) Dungeon Explorer-Game only
35) JJ and Jeff-Game only
36) China Warrior-Game only
37) Sonic Spike-Game only
38) Keith Courage-Game only
39) Ninja Spirit-Game only
40) Pacland-Game only
41) Brovoman-Game only
42) Tale Spin-Game only
43) Tricky Kick-Game only
44) Power Golf-Game only
45) Jack Nicklaus Golf-Game only
46) World Class Baseball-Game only
47) TV Sports Basketball-Game only
48) TV Sports Football-Game only.

All games tested and work great.
So much for using "Ebay to determine a fair value".

KingofGames

I sold every other game in that bundle for the value I had in mind. I don't see any reason why Soldier Blade won't sell for at least $300. It's strictly a collector's piece, as you can purchase the game on the Wii for a couple dollars.

cyloaiza

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/21/2012, 05:11 PMI sold every other game in that bundle for the value I had in mind. I don't see any reason why Soldier Blade won't sell for at least $300. It's strictly a collector's piece, as you can purchase the game on the Wii for a couple dollars.
Because of ass-hats like you, the turbo market is out of whack. Thanks for doing your part.  :roll:

KingofGames

This Sunday, I'll list it in an open auction at $.99. We'll see what price it ends at.

Sparky

Hahaha... It's to late for you as you have entered the Gouging Zone.
Congratulations KingoftheDollar.

jperryss

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/21/2012, 05:31 PMThis Sunday, I'll list it in an open auction at $.99. We'll see what price it ends at.
There is a loosie on eBay right now for $50 BIN. There's no way a complete one will fetch $300.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: jperryss on 04/21/2012, 05:52 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/21/2012, 05:31 PMThis Sunday, I'll list it in an open auction at $.99. We'll see what price it ends at.
There is a loosie on eBay right now for $50 BIN. There's no way a complete one will fetch $300.
that's $399

Sadler

Quote from: jperryss on 04/21/2012, 05:52 PM
US? I don't think so, unless I missed the auction. There is a PCE for $50 BIN.

SMF

Yea lets hope you let it go and not do any kind of schill bidding to bump it up.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

KingofGames

I'm just as curious as you all to figure out what someone is willing to pay. I listed it at $399 with an offer option. I am not expecting $400, but I wouldn't be surprised if it hit $300. I would accept an offer over $200 if the item was cold after a few days, but I suppose an auction will work just as well. Seems like it's been a while since any US versions went up, even just a HU-card.

Sparky

willing to pay? how about what is fair based on what you payed for the lot you bought it from.
Ya i know it is hard for someone like you to think about that but give it a try, your a joke.

nectarsis

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/21/2012, 05:11 PMIt's strictly a collector's piece, as you can purchase the game on the Wii for a couple dollars.
Fucking dumbest post I've seen in ages...
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Anytime a BIN that high is posted it gives other sellers the perfect excuse to bump up theirs. There is a lot of gamers out there with large salaries where money isn't a concern and they'll pay anything to acquire something just to sit pretty on their shelves. Whereas guys like me who make hourly wages has to save or wait until tax time to play some of these games on original hardware. It shouldn't be this way... It wasn't this way. Look at how many pages this thread has. Sad.

CrackTiger

Reselling an entire lot separately for profit makes you a reseller, not a game fan or even a collector.

KingofGames

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2012, 09:31 PMwilling to pay? how about what is fair based on what you payed for the lot you bought it from.
Ya i know it is hard for someone like you to think about that but give it a try, your a joke.
So if the item is listed in an open auction at $.99 and ends at a ridiculous amount, I've someone forced their hand? Is that what you are implying?

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/21/2012, 09:47 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/21/2012, 05:11 PMIt's strictly a collector's piece, as you can purchase the game on the Wii for a couple dollars.
A complete copy of Soldier Blade isn't a collector's piece? There are several avenues to play the game either free or dirt cheap. How is this dumb?

Quote from: Mathius on 04/21/2012, 09:54 PMAnytime a BIN that high is posted it gives other sellers the perfect excuse to bump up theirs. There is a lot of gamers out there with large salaries where money isn't a concern and they'll pay anything to acquire something just to sit pretty on their shelves. Whereas guys like me who make hourly wages has to save or wait until tax time to play some of these games on original hardware. It shouldn't be this way... It wasn't this way. Look at how many pages this thread has. Sad.
There aren't currently any other US copies of Soldier Blade listed. In fact, as far as I can tell, there haven't been any copies listed in the past month. I am basing my price off of an auction from last September that ended at somewhere around $330. I would love some assistance in pricing this game, but I can't find any other confirmed transactions for a complete, boxed copy. Again, if you someone wants to play this game, a complete copy is not the avenue to go if you are on a budget.

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2012, 10:22 PMReselling an entire lot separately for profit makes you a reseller, not a game fan or even a collector.
I am most certainly a game fan. I've currently been playing through Mass Effect 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles, which I purchased brand new. I won't make a dime on those games if/when I sell them. I have tremendous interest in classic games, but when I can make some money, I have no problem moving them. I see them as luxury collectibles, nothing more. There are so many avenues to play all of the classic games I love, the original versions certainly are not the most convenient or efficient (based on cost, space, upkeep, etc).

VestCunt

WTF is with the noobs this year? Can we just move this thread into Fighting Street and see what happens?

That won't happen, so I'll just go off on a tangent. In all of that diarrhea KoG wrote, there's one good point:
Quoteif you (sic) someone wants to play this game, a complete copy is not the avenue to go
We all love to rip on gougers (and KoG deserves it), but completest collectors are barely ever mentioned and they're really the flip-side of the gouging we're all experiencing.  Seriously, if I hear one more guy with forty posts (or a hundred... or four hundred) say "help me complete my collection!", or talk about the condition of his boxes, or write "CIB" in his WTB thread, I'm going to puke.  

It's 2012 people. If you weren't able to pin down that box for Bomberman '93 in the last twenty years, it's too late. The ship has sailed.  Did you "just discover the Turbo!"? Too bad. Go collect POGs or Power Rangers or Final Fantasy and whatever you were wasting your time with in 1992. Stay out of my childhood and I'll stay out of yours.  Long-time fan returning to the flock? Sweet - go buy some loosies and imports. A PCE version of Cotton and a dozen other games can be purchased for the amount people are wasting on the U.S. disc these days.

Don't get me wrong, I love to buy games for the systems I grew up with, but people are going insane collecting this crap and that's half of what drives the prices.
Topic Adjourned.

Samurai Ghost

Yeah, I agree with some of the other posters here. True it's an awesome game and sought after, but once a few copies are sold for $300+ people are going to start thinking that's an acceptable price for the game, then soon it will be the standard, then we'll start seeing $500+ for complete copies, $100 for loose cards, and then basically no one will be able to play one of the best HuCard games the way it was intended.

I can totally see buying a lot for a few games you want and selling/trading the rest off if you don't want them or already have copies (I've done it myself a couple times), but buying the lot and selling off the whole thing just makes you a reseller who is driving prices higher and higher...

mrhaboobi

Quote from: guest on 04/22/2012, 03:02 AMWe all love to rip on gougers (and KoG deserves it), but completest collectors are barely ever mentioned and they're really the flip-side of the gouging we're all experiencing.  Seriously, if I hear one more guy with forty posts (or a hundred... or four hundred) say "help me complete my collection!", or talk about the condition of his boxes, or write "CIB" in his WTB thread, I'm going to puke. 

It's 2012 people. If you weren't able to pin down that box for Bomberman '93 in the last twenty years, it's too late. The ship has sailed.  Did you "just discover the Turbo!"? Too bad.
Sick of hearing crap like this, this is a forum for fans of the system, the place where you might expect the odd loose item to be found, where for those who do want to have complete collections can try to obtain it.  I personally have lots of loose items ( boxes, manuals etc ), and i have completed numerous trades to people here for loose items.  i got my magical chase box from this very forums via a private trade,  yuu want a bomberman 93 box loose, sure i have one.. it's not too late, we have plenty of time to find the odd and sods we want or need, ebay isnt always the way.  some many people here are anti "completest collectors" and i just dont get it..  I've been collecting tg 16 for 12 - 15 years.. before that i i couldnt afford to buy it, but played my mates pc engine to death.. so its not just noobs who want bits..

i need a Soldier blade box in mint condition ( because i actually like my items in as nice a condition as i can find them) , would i buy the one listed in this thread complete and sell my parts.. no, his price is too high for my liking, infact i think its a stupid price, and its not even mint in my eyes.. soldider blade complete for 50 - 75.. sure hook me up.. id buy that..  soldier blade for 300.. umm no thanks i'll pass until the prices settle back down a bit or until someone else needs to sell a box or loose part i need..

Stop hating the people who want complete collections.. perhaps you should admire those who are still after 15 years, just taking their time, pulling together everything they want.. sometimes its not easy to resist the urge to just jump on an expensive item because it would be easier than waiting it out, but like everyone i dont like seeing the prices of things sky rocket...
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

KingofGames

Soldier Blade has been moved to an auction listing. Starting price is $.99, so I'll let the market decide what the price is. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300699994734&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

nectarsis

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/21/2012, 09:47 PM
A complete copy of Soldier Blade isn't a collector's piece? There are several avenues to play the game either free or dirt cheap. How is this dumb?[/quote]
Strictly equates it's ONLY good as a collectors piece.  By your "logic", why did you even buy that lot (besides to flip for gouging profit), as you could have had everything elsewhere free/cheap?   Of course there's emus/VC, etc....but stating that an original game is only for collectors is retarded.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

KingofGames

I bought it strictly as a collectors piece. I own a Nintendo Wii. I can play the game, with save states, for $6. Why would I buy a $600+ lot of games if I wasn't a collector, especially when I can play for much less? My intention was to keep the entire bundle. But I had buyers remorse immediately, as I rarely drop half a grand on games. I sold of the stuff I knew I wouldn't play, then placed the system, booster, soldier blade and Zonk in my cabinet. They've not been touched since then. I feel nervous even handling the game. I've purchased and resold thousands of games. It's the nature of collecting on a budget.

Mathius

They are meant to be played. They won't fall apart if you handle them. Just take care of them, treat them nicely and any game will last a long time. These aren't ancient documents we are talking about here.

KingofGames

The HU-card itself isnt a concern, but the box is fragile as crap. All of my decent NES games are in box protectors.

PunkCryborg

I'd like to see the mighty KingofGames post some high scores in Soldier Blade before he sells it

cyloaiza

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/22/2012, 09:24 PMThe HU-card itself isnt a concern, but the box is fragile as crap. All of my decent NES games are in box protectors.
You might as well send the games off to get VGA graded while you're at it so peops can see what a l33t collector you are..

KingofGames

If I had sealed games, I would. That market is straight bananas. Games often fetch $3k-$15k that sell for less than $100 complete.

Sparky

Quote from: cyloaiza on 04/22/2012, 10:40 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/22/2012, 09:24 PMThe HU-card itself isnt a concern, but the box is fragile as crap. All of my decent NES games are in box protectors.
You might as well send the games off to get VGA graded while you're at it so peops can see what a l33t collector you are..
hahahaha...

Arkhan Asylum

KingOfGames reminds me of GameKing from local conventions.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

VGA collecting is spawning a whole new level of gouging. The one positive you guys can take from it is that you'll never run out of material for this thread. Here's a starter:

http://item.ebay.com/290678951787

Arkhan Asylum

That's kind of like saying the one positive to murder is you'll never run out of victims.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

Personally, I wouldn't compare the grizzly, heinous act of murder to price gouging a collectible item, but to each their own.

Arkhan Asylum

Why?

Gouging is murdering the normal, enjoyable collection of the Turbo/PCE.

Collectors that don't play the games are retards and should go stick their dicks in bugzappers.