10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingofGames

Clearly not enough cash to represent Soldier Blade.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 08:15 PMClearly not enough cash to represent Soldier Blade.
Those luxury 2$ bills are worth more than Soldier Blade.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

GameFreak

This thread is killing my cell phone battery. LoL.
*disabled new notifications*

VestCunt

If a pigeon farts in Africa, one can be sure KG will post an response here.
Topic Adjourned.

KingofGames

roflmao

Sparky

Quote from: VestCunt on 04/25/2012, 08:08 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/25/2012, 07:59 PMholyshit.

2$ bills are raer as fuck
I know.  I want to collect them because I've been familiar with two dollar bills for over ten years and they're part of my childhood, but I got them as part of a lot and whenever I look at them I just see a pile of money and I don't even know if I'll be interested in two dollar bills in five years and my Dad doesn't play with his two dollar bills anymore and if I had an unlimited supply of two dollar bills I would keep them. Anyway, it's not like I'm selling legal tender, I'm selling luxury collectible legal tender.
Hahaha.. Nice vesty......It's just to easy with this guy, the more KingOfGames posts the more of an gouging dick he comes off as.

I will take OrangeAmy over this guy any day, at least Amy was honest out of the gate about his eBay lovin, but honesty is the Canadian way (( fellow Canuck pose)). Even though he committed forum suicide with his first post.

OrangeArmy

Thanks Sparky, Vest hit the nail on the head when he said I've been stewing and internalizing being (indirectly) called an Idiot on here for over a year for some of the prices i've payed so I guess I'm the one who's butt hurt :-({|=

I have no regrets about winning any of those auctions. The Turbo has a special place in my heart and it's worth more to me to have complete, good condition titles. Selling this stuff for a profit is not even a question. These games are for playing and sharing the TG experience with friends and family.

turbog

Has anyone spotted any rare turbografx items for auction lately? I'm talking about stuff that doesn't show up often (or ever).

tggodfrey

M&M III (USA) has shown up a few times.  High price as well.  One guy had like 5 copies of Godzilla (USA) and was selling them at 150.00 each

Tonma has been up there for a few weeks now at 130.00
Shockman complete was there as well

LAST DH sold for 400.00 by Pompei Parsons
Last Terraforming sold went for 150.00, I think a member here bought it but I cant be positive.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbog on 04/26/2012, 12:20 AMHas anyone spotted any rare turbografx items for auction lately? I'm talking about stuff that doesn't show up often (or ever).
A little while back, two retail TG16 Jamma arcade units were sold on ebay.  The first went for around $100, the second around $400 lol.  Glad I got the $100 one :lol:  Not sure how rare they are exactly, but you hardly ever see them.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

motdelbourt

Sparky

NecroPhile

Only $300 (free shipping!) for a region modded PAL TurboGrafxappropriate power supply not included

No?  Perhaps you'd rather snag a copy of Hero Tonma for a mere $196.99 (HuCARD and manual only).  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

The description says it has a built in CD!

and the seller says he putteded in a switch to read all games!

WOO!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SMF

Man and here I was gonna buy it. But jack rabbit had to put stickers on it :-( o well ill keep looking to get ripped off I guess.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PikachuWarrior

Stickers make anything more personable!
IMG

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 08:15 PMClearly not enough cash to represent Soldier Blade.
Yeah, i only let my loosies sleep on piles of Benjamins, or gold thrones if possible. Like this super rare awesome classic game here!

IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SMF

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/27/2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah, i only let my loosies sleep on piles of Benjamins, or gold thrones if possible. Like this super rare awesome classic game here!

IMG
LOL AWESOME, As Diddy and Mace would say..............ITS ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS.

Arkhan Asylum

KingofGames

I'm the Capcom of video game collectors. Just lookin to make a buck where ever I can.

NecroPhile

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/27/2012, 12:22 PMI'm the Capcom of video game collectors. Just lookin to make a buck where ever I can.
Obviously.  Now please get out of this thread if you can't stay on topic.

CrackTiger

You know someone is hardcore when they can name drop "Capcom" and "NES".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kamiboy

The best part is the stock image.

What? You don't trust me?

PikachuWarrior

Stock images don't matter much. Just the description/feedback matter the most. You can always file a complaint/claim later on if it ends up not turning out as described.
IMG

Bernie

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 04/27/2012, 11:57 PMStock images don't matter much. Just the description/feedback matter the most. You can always file a complaint/claim later on if it ends up not turning out as described.
When its coming to things like this, yes they do matter much.

Arkhan Asylum

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SMF

futureman2000

Quote from: SMF on 04/29/2012, 04:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/28/2012, 12:12 PMhttp://akroncanton.craigslist.org/vgm/2983242681.html
Funny, he had no takers on craigslist so he tossed it up on ebay.

1 day left its at $965.
Seems really high unless I'm missing something.

kamiboy

10 a game seems like a fair enough average if you are just getting into TC collecting and want to go for a complete collection.

What you save in terms of time, hassle and individual shipping makes it more than worth it.

I happened upon a mini version of this with a local collector ridding himself of all his SNES games just as I was starting to get interested in older titles. To this day I kick myself daily for not buying every single game he was selling. I was too green to realize what I was passing on at the time.

I got most of them though, at an aberage of 40, and they were all stuff I would have paid much meatier premiums for on eBay. Glad I found that guy.

nectarsis

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:40 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/25/2012, 03:27 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:22 PMThems the breaks. I don't HAVE to do that any longer, but it's hard to break away from that logic when you've used it for years. Every time I see Soldier Blade sitting on my shelf, I feel guilty. I see a stack of cash. I absolutely do not need to sell it, but I know I won't play it nearly enough to justify having it sit there looking pretty. I can put the $200+ to better use and still play the game on my Wii if I ever feel the urge.
I swore I heard it was a $400 game??

*with $12 shipping LMAO*
The auction is still running, so the final price remains to be seen. Will it be less funny if it is bid up to $400?
Obviously a LOT less funny (even though someone  screwed themselves) :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

JapanTokei

Reading these posts between kingofgamer vs Arkhan is hilarious... And making me late for work!!  Gotta run..  Haha.  Arkhan go easy on the guy with your China-Warrior punches!!  Lol. Poor bastard is just trying to make 10 bucks flipping games without realizing time and inflation makes money mean shit compared to pce goodness.

KingofGames

Yeah, I'll have to settle on $255 and the ability to still play the game from my Wii. Life sucks!

Sparky

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/29/2012, 11:11 PMYeah, I'll have to settle on $255 and the ability to still play the game from my Wii. Life sucks!
Hahaha.. Now as an outcast on these forums, you bet it sucks for ya.

KingofGames

If I promise to stop making money on EBay, can we be besties?

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2012, 11:23 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/29/2012, 11:11 PMYeah, I'll have to settle on $255 and the ability to still play the game from my Wii. Life sucks!
Hahaha.. Now as an outcast on these forums, you bet it sucks for ya.
Release the polar bears from their igloo prisons ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Obfuscate

I get a kick outta people that put that much effort in flipping a few games. If they put that effort into something that actually pays well they wouldn't have to worry about trying to sell their games.

jperryss

Quote from: Obfuscate on 04/30/2012, 09:16 AMI get a kick outta people that put that much effort in flipping a few games. If they put that effort into something that actually pays well they wouldn't have to worry about trying to sell their games.
Kinda reminds me of the fools that drive around my neighborhood the night before recycling pick up, to fish bottles and cans out of the bins. Even if they were walking/biking instead of wasting gas, I can't imagine that even a part-time minimum wage job wouldn't pay better. Not to mention that what they're doing is illegal.

KingofGames

You'd be surprised how much money (in so many different forms) is just waiting to be scooped up by the handful. In February, I bought a random lot of Magic the Gathering cards from a local thrift shop for $10. I know absolutely nothing about the game, but I figured it would be a good learning experience. Well, for those in the know, they ended up being 3rd edition revised and included 17 dual land cards. I sold those 17 cards to a local comic shop for $500 cash (convertible to 1.5x store credit). After picking some solid gaming items they had, I ended up with around $800. The owner of the shop was appreciative and quite excited that I brought the cards to him. I've had a handful of experiences like this one in the past year alone.

SuperPlay

$10 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I need the Dual land cards to complete my 3rd edition revised card set.

Nice find :@)

KingofGames

From the top of my head, I remember there being 4x plateau, 3x badlands, 2x Savannah, 1x Tropical Island. Can't remember the rest ATM.

420GOAT

YOURE running out of good mojo, sell some shit cheap or donate/raffle, or else youll hit a dry spell.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

NecroPhile

Here's a couple winners: $125 for World Sports Competition (sans box and sleeve) or $150 for PCE Cotton.  Teh rarez are worth monies!

jperryss

Quote from: SuperPlay on 04/30/2012, 04:24 PMI need the Dual land cards to complete my 3rd edition revised card set.
Well that sucks, I had 4X of each of the green multilands until I finally dumped everything on eBay a couple years ago. I'd played from 95-98 (started right when Revised came out) and stopped when they started putting out too many sets. All green deck except for 4 lightning bolts, 4 fireballs, and a Fork or two (can't remember if it was restricted at the time) and of course 4 of the red/green multilands. Not a murder deck, but a fun one.

At one point I had all but 5 cards in the entire green set from Unlimited up to Ice Age, including all the side sets (Legends, etc). When I sold it all my best payout was a black-border Berserk that I got $95 for. Can't even count how many games I won with that card. :D

I have friends that play now and there is so much extra gimmicks and crap on the cards now. I feel like an old fart looking at 'em now.

VestCunt

Further derailing, dork bragging...

I played Magic starting with Beta in '93 until about '98. I got Time Walk in one of my first six booster packs. I had a beta Jet, an unlimited Ruby, a set of 40 dual lands, every blue card from Beta to Alliances, a Dark set, and most of Arabian Nights. Highlights were my first-turn Juzam Djinn in a tournament and my blue Time Walk/Stasis/Regrowth "lock" deck.

Punk rock eventually saved my life and dumped those fucking cards.

Back on topic:
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&_trksid=p4340.l2564&rt=nc&item=140666166978

Not really gouging, but the typo + "14 sold" is funny.
Topic Adjourned.