@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Yeah I even offered him $100 but thats before I got the pce version for half that.

SMF

I got my Cotton for $125 with shipping and i thought i was paying to much then. But now it seems i got a steal.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

hoobs88

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/03/2012, 02:38 PM
Quote from: kakutolives on 05/03/2012, 03:10 AMI died a little on the inside today...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fantastic-Night-Dreams-Cotton-Turbo-Grafx-CD-w-Manual-/270833858922?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f0ef4b96a
This is a perfect demonstration of the problems with ebay. Not only that he's had 12 offers and rejected all of them (or let them expire). This guy clearly isn't interested in selling the game.
Power Up Video Games? More like Price Up Video Games! I had a spare Cotton a few months ago that I traded for Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari since they were both valued at about $100.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

BlueBMW

Quote from: kamiboy on 05/03/2012, 01:33 PMMagical chase is the better looking game if you ask me. Just visually. For some reason the none pixel art looking graphics of Cotton make me gag. Whenever I see games whose sprites look like clip art or who use pre-rendered 3D!!! sprites I think of flash games which is not a very positive association.

I've only seen it in youtube videos though, so it might look better running on a TV, but I doubt it.
After playing cotton on the 68k, I dont like to play cotton on the Duo anymore :(  It just looks that much better on the 68k.

IIRC, I paid about 80 euros for a sealed US cotton, but I ended up trading it for an opened copy since I wanted to play it...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Obfuscate

Cotton F'ing rules!! Bought a sealed one a few years back (opened it of course) for $125. I think it was the 2nd most expensive game I've bought, looks like a near 400% increase in the (ebay) value, holy stupid!

roflmao

I think I paid about $35 for PC Engine Cotton awhile back, which is the second most I've spent on a TG/PCE game since they were being sold new.  It makes me sad that there are so many games for this amazing console I'll never get to pick up due to their rapidly escalating price.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/03/2012, 07:44 PMAfter playing cotton on the 68k, I dont like to play cotton on the Duo anymore :(  It just looks that much better on the 68k.

IIRC, I paid about 80 euros for a sealed US cotton, but I ended up trading it for an opened copy since I wanted to play it...
The PSone port is also basically an emulation of the arcade game. It's surprisingly different from the Turbo one. The music isn't as good though.
--DragonmasterDan

kakutolives

what I can't wrap my ahead around is the fact that it takes 2 seconds to fucking change the language to english on the japanese version. Why are people so fucking insane as to want to pay 3+ times the price of the japanese one? :/
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

KingofGames

The same reason someone is willing to pay $119.9 million on an original Edvard Munch "The Scream" painting. It's a collectible; a show piece.

As far as you other gems, who says I stopped posting? I just posted a couple days ago about my MtG find. The reason I declined your offer is because it simply was not worth the effort. You're offering me a hair over $3 a game. I can get at least half that amount on Serpent Isle alone. As it stands, the floppy based games probably don't work. They are literally just collectors items. If you want to buy a bunch of the common CD-based games at $5 a piece plus the cost of shipping, I'd be fine with that.

kakutolives

Quote from: KingofGames on 05/03/2012, 11:37 PMThe same reason someone is willing to pay $119.9 million on an original Edvard Munch "The Scream" painting. It's a collectible; a show piece.
no disrespect man, but to compare artwork to an obscure watered down localization of a video game is a bit of a stretch, no?
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

KingofGames

Sorry, I didn't mean to compare the two directly. I was referring to the concept of paying a premium for an item, whether that premium is fairly insignificant (video games) or a complete game-changer (an original artwork). I'm sure I can pick up a reproduction of "The Scream" this weekend and still have $119.899 million to spare.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: KingofGames on 05/03/2012, 11:37 PMAs far as you other gems, who says I stopped posting? I just posted a couple days ago about my MtG find. The reason I declined your offer is because it simply was not worth the effort. You're offering me a hair over $3 a game. I can get at least half that amount on Serpent Isle alone. As it stands, the floppy based games probably don't work. They are literally just collectors items. If you want to buy a bunch of the common CD-based games at $5 a piece plus the cost of shipping, I'd be fine with that.
I was offering 100$ + shipping.  

3$ or so per game, for stuff sitting in your garage, some of which may not be in great shape, or working shape...It seems fairly reasonable, really.     Some of the games in question go for 20$ in immaculate shape on EBAY, which is not a proper judge of game-worth.

all you've served to do is prove that you are interested in profit only, as opposed to passing a legacy of games on to someone who actually gives a shit.   I assume you already profited off of the lot since most of the really good stuff is gone now.  100$ to get a pile of shit out of your garage seems like gravy at this point.

I think all that jive about cutting some awesome deals is just talk.  When it comes time to do it, you immediately turn on your profit-o-meter.

Not to mention, you also didn't counter offer in the slightest.  You just said "oh thats going to be too much work to ship."    

All you post about here are your finds, and to justify your bullshit.

Have fun sitting on a pile of games you'll never play.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/468588-need-some-info-team-associated-rc10.html
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

I offered to sell you the CD-based games for $5 a pop plus shipping. If you want the collectors pieces, I will certainly cut you a deal, but I'm not going to lump them in at the same price. Also, that link doesn't prove anything I have not already established about myself. I sell items strictly for profit.

NecroPhile

Quote from: KingofGames on 05/04/2012, 12:38 PMI offered to sell you the CD-based games for $5 a pop plus shipping. If you want the collectors pieces, I will certainly cut you a deal, but I'm not going to lump them in at the same price. Also, that link doesn't prove anything I have not already established about myself. I sell items strictly for profit.
This is not a 'for sale' thread, you worthless piece of shit.  GET THE FUCK OUT!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

So what's the deal with all the emo thread-locking taking place on these forums lately?  First Rover's MS thread and now this...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

Quote from: MotherGunner on 05/04/2012, 03:39 PMSo what's the deal with all the emo thread-locking taking place on these forums lately?
If that's what it takes to make this off-topic troll go find an appropriate thread for his bullshit, I'll keep doing it.  It's all I can do when the mods can't be bothered to do their fucking jobs.

MotherGunner

Ah, point taken... the only issue is that now he'll just start posting again and even throw a few middle fingers your way...   

War....War never changes....=)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PikachuWarrior

Best bet is to just delete the entire thread. We get the idea that there are collectors and resellers. Happens in all types of forums. Doesn't mean we have to actively fight for our stand and showcase it in a thread as this.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/04/2012, 03:55 PMBest bet is to just delete the entire thread. We get the idea that there are collectors and resellers. Happens in all types of forums. Doesn't mean we have to actively fight for our stand and showcase it in a thread as this.
Read the title of this thread.

We have this thread because this queef that used to post here deleted the original thread because it showed how much of a sperm burper he really was.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/04/2012, 03:55 PMBest bet is to just delete the entire thread.
No way.  Deleting threads is only warranted when they're full of pr0n or similarly disallowed crap.

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/04/2012, 03:55 PMWe get the idea that there are collectors and resellers. Happens in all types of forums. Doesn't mean we have to actively fight for our stand and showcase it in a thread as this.
If this topic doesn't interest you, don't read it.

This thread isn't at all meant as a crusade against gouging.  How could it be when 99.99% of the gougers will never see this thread or give a shit if they do?  

Back on topic: $44.58 shipped (on sale from $54.98) for just the poster from Bonk's Revenge.  I guess ol' Kev's mom must've died again or something.

420GOAT

its just a thread to let off steam, the guys that cant take the heat on their super higher prices should not reply. just chalk it up that you are in it for money and that some folks wont like you. i do use ebay but only if i really want it, sometimes its a good deal sometimes not.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

JapanTokei

Wait, if im putting your comments together, is kkingofgames the previous royvegas dude?

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 03:59 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/04/2012, 03:55 PMBest bet is to just delete the entire thread. We get the idea that there are collectors and resellers. Happens in all types of forums. Doesn't mean we have to actively fight for our stand and showcase it in a thread as this.
Read the title of this thread.

We have this thread because this queef that used to post here deleted the original thread because it showed how much of a sperm burper he really was.

VestCunt

No, but his tactics are the same: chappy responses, talks in circles, no exit strategy.
Topic Adjourned.

city41

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 04:10 PMBack on topic: $44.58 shipped (on sale from $54.98) for just the poster from Bonk's Revenge.  I guess ol' Kev's mom must've died again or something.
I would have totally bit if it included the Mortal Kombat Trilogy cd.

KingofGames

Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 09:54 PMNo, but his tactics are the same: chappy responses, talks in circles, no exit strategy.
No one on pcenginefx could use a Dynastic Hero manual?

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: KingofGames on 05/04/2012, 10:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/04/2012, 09:54 PMNo, but his tactics are the same: chappy responses, talks in circles, no exit strategy.
No one on pcenginefx could use a Dynastic Hero manual?
Not if its going to be $1800 like a certain box that someone tried to sell here... On topic:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Double-Dragon-II-NEC-Super-CD-Rom-2-PC-Engine-/360309174959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e419b2af
Gotta love it when it says new in the title but condition listed as used. Lame.

PikachuWarrior

yeah, probably used, but NEW(ly resealed).
IMG

roflmao

This isn't Turbo-related, but it is R-Type, so that has to count for something. :P  I've been wanting to add R-Type back into my SMS collection and have been watching this one for awhile now.  Yesterday it shot up from about $10+shipping to over $40!  There's been another one that's constantly going unsold for $25 BIN so my limit was less than that. 

On a whim I checked over at Amazon and ended up picking up a complete copy (including the poster) for about $13 shipped....  Sometimes the ebay mentality is just boggling.

420GOAT

i get stuff on amazon, my only hangup is the stuff takes long to ship or not. if its cheap then i buy from there.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

roflmao

Interesting. 

I buy from Amazon about as frequently as I do from ebay (once or twice a month, usually) and I've never noticed a discernible difference in shipping times from one or the other.  Usually, though, if I'm getting something from Amazon, I'll look for a seller that offers free shipping if I order over $25 and just expect it to take awhile.  Still, that's usually a week or so, which is reasonable for me.  Most of the time when I sell something on ebay, I ship as cheap as possible, so I don't expect anyone else to do differently.

PikachuWarrior

the only thing i hate about amazon, is the lack of good descriptions on items from sellers, and no pictures, so you have to take a gamble in hope it's alright shape.

plus, people take their eff-ing time mailing stuff out on amazon and are cheap with shipping methods.
IMG

Mathius

I got real burned with Amazon sellers' shipping practices. One guy sent out my package via Media Mail after I specifically paid for it to be Expedited. I emailed him about it and he said that it had something to do with Amazon's crazy shipping policies. I am not sure what to believe.

roflmao

Yeah, I usually don't buy games off Amazon, unless I'm looking for something loose, because of the lack of description.  But this seller went through the trouble of listing each piece included in the sale along with their condition, so hopefully it will arrive as described. 

But as stated in other threads, I'm pretty much a cheap ass when it comes to collecting so if a game takes 3-4 days or 6-8 days to arrive, it's all good to me.  I order stuff from Japan and China on a regular basis so even 2-3 weeks is ok to me.  The way I see it is this stuff has been available for 20+ years.  If I'm just now getting around to ordering it, I can wait a little bit got get it. :D

Geez, I sound like an ad for Amazon.  I'm not.  I was merely pointing out that sometimes people go crazy over ebay auctions when the exact same thing (sometimes in better condition) is often far less expensive at places that are just as easy to search.  That SMS R-Type ended at about $50, which is just silly.

Samurai Ghost

Yeah I noticed that R-type as well. Went for a crazy price for some reason but I got a couple other games from the same seller for decent prices. But in general it's good to check prices on Amazon or other sites before you bid too high on eBay as people overbid all the time.

VestCunt

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/07/2012, 01:20 AMthe only thing i hate about amazon, is the lack of good descriptions on items from sellers, and no pictures, so you have to take a gamble in hope it's alright shape.
This is actually a great way to get really good deals. Most of my bargains come from items that are virtually un-described. I recently found Godzilla for $13, Super Darius 2 for $25, and the Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 Prima Guide for $2.  The lack of descriptions would suck if Amazon was the only game in town, but, as it is, it's a good alternative to ebay.
Topic Adjourned.

PikachuWarrior

It's almost the same with ebay, if someone doesn't post a picture or uses the stock photo, and no description, or a seller with 0 feedback.
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

PikachuWarrior

could be. doesn't mean it's necessarily not an actual prototype/unreleased game that a developer had at the time, just because it looks "put together". Gotta think what the times were like back then. :P
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/07/2012, 10:53 PMcould be. doesn't mean it's necessarily not an actual prototype/unreleased game that a developer had at the time, just because it looks "put together". Gotta think what the times were like back then. :P
Why would a Japanese developer label it in English? Especially since every other supposed prototype has had Japanese writing on an unbranded disc.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Seems unlikely to be legit (did they even make silver DLP discs back then?), but at least he's not shooting for a $1000 BIN.  It's still overpriced, though, seeing as CDRs aren't worth more than a buck.

Arkhan Asylum

more important here is, why would a prototype have high quality printed inserts?

That seems full-retard to me

as does scribblin in non-moon runes.

Japanese people don't do that kinda shit!

soop

I just saw someone selling Blazing Lazers for a really good price.  I checked his other sales out, and they were also good.

I gave him a heads up saying nice one for reasonable prices and got talking to him.  Seems like a really nice guy!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Mathius

Quote from: soop on 05/08/2012, 11:08 AMI just saw someone selling Blazing Lazers for a really good price.  I checked his other sales out, and they were also good.

I gave him a heads up saying nice one for reasonable prices and got talking to him.  Seems like a really nice guy!
Which seller?

soop

Quote from: Mathius on 05/08/2012, 12:05 PM
Quote from: soop on 05/08/2012, 11:08 AMI just saw someone selling Blazing Lazers for a really good price.  I checked his other sales out, and they were also good.

Which seller?
This chap: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/retroreset/?_trksid=p4340.l2559  I like the idea of positive reinforcement.  He says he's in it for the love rather than to turn a massive profit.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Mathius

Quote from: soop on 05/08/2012, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/08/2012, 12:05 PM

Which seller?
This chap: http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/retroreset/?_trksid=p4340.l2559  I like the idea of positive reinforcement.  He says he's in it for the love rather than to turn a massive profit.
Too bad I am not in the UK.

Mathius

kakutolives

guy claims only 1200 were ever made. I have a hard time believing that...

PikachuWarrior

The US version of the 3.0 card only goes for $130-180 complete. Sellers like to add fuel to the idea of an item being "rare" by putting fake supply numbers down. "Only 200 in existence!"
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/09/2012, 04:32 AMThe US version of the 3.0 card only goes for $130-180 complete. Sellers like to add fuel to the idea of an item being "rare" by putting fake supply numbers down. "Only 200 in existence!"
"only" geeeeez..... i got my loose years ago from a buddy who bought if for me off of ebay for like $40-$60 bucks... i would think $100 complete would be top dolla....the so called "market value" says that now? that is stupid and no wonder we get angry.