Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 10:09 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/09/2012, 04:32 AMThe US version of the 3.0 card only goes for $130-180 complete. Sellers like to add fuel to the idea of an item being "rare" by putting fake supply numbers down. "Only 200 in existence!"
"only" geeeeez..... i got my loose years ago from a buddy who bought if for me off of ebay for like $40-$60 bucks... i would think $100 complete would be top dolla....the so called "market value" says that now? that is stupid and no wonder we get angry.
If you pay any more than that, you might as well just get a Turbo Duo which has a 3.0 system card built in.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/09/2012, 04:32 AMThe US version of the 3.0 card only goes for $130-180 complete. Sellers like to add fuel to the idea of an item being "rare" by putting fake supply numbers down. "Only 200 in existence!"
It sells for half of that on eBay.

Quote from: kakutolives on 05/09/2012, 01:57 AMguy claims only 1200 were ever made. I have a hard time believing that...
He said "about", which technically could mean anything. But it doesn't matter what real numbers are, it"s all about supply and demand and no one who knows better chooses to go that route today. The System 3 card was only useful bitd for people who didn't want to spend hundreds more for a TurboDuo after spending hundreds on a Turbo-CD setup. Today it's only a collectible and still, very few people actually want it who give a damn about the TG-16 as a hobby. But even when it comes to set-makers, there still isn't that much interest in the Turbo line and 1200 would be plenty. Prices are all over the place because of hot air.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

city41

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 11:10 AMIt sells for half of that on eBay.
The US 3.0 card sells for half $130 on eBay? Lately several of them have gone through ebay and all have sold for around $160ish. I would like one just to have it, but my $40 Arcade Card Pro will do me just fine for now.

SMF

Quote from: Mathius on 05/09/2012, 01:54 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-COMPLETE-USA-VERSION-/270966944393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16e37289

:?

Mine is in better shape than the one listed here and I paid nearly 500 dollars less. This was only a few years ago.
THIS CARD ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY JAPANESE RELATED GAMES ON THE TURBOGRAFX! PRETTY COOL!!

WOW talk about false advertising lol. Hes worse then a normal ebay reseller. He's a reseller provideing wrong info. SOmeone should buy it and tell file a claim agaisnt his misinformed listing lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

NecroPhile

Quote from: SMF on 05/09/2012, 11:43 AMTHIS CARD ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY JAPANESE RELATED GAMES ON THE TURBOGRAFX! PRETTY COOL!!

WOW talk about false advertising lol. Hes worse then a normal ebay reseller. He's a reseller provideing wrong info. SOmeone should buy it and tell file a claim agaisnt his misinformed listing lol.
It's technically true, for a TG-CD can't play PCE SuperCDs without it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SMF

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 12:12 PM
Quote from: SMF on 05/09/2012, 11:43 AMTHIS CARD ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY JAPANESE RELATED GAMES ON THE TURBOGRAFX! PRETTY COOL!!

It's technically true, for a TG-CD can't play PCE SuperCDs without it.
Yea your right, I was thinking Duo my bad. Robots are smarter then humans lol

CrackTiger

Quote from: city41 on 05/09/2012, 11:33 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/09/2012, 11:10 AMIt sells for half of that on eBay.
The US 3.0 card sells for half $130 on eBay? Lately several of them have gone through ebay and all have sold for around $160ish. I would like one just to have it, but my $40 Arcade Card Pro will do me just fine for now.
As with everything else, you have to be patient. I've seen many sell for $70 - $100 the last couple years and bought mine complete for under $100. When you buy a game at a premium, what you're really paying for is time. It all depends on how valuable time is to you. I often buy games for more than I have to because I want them right NOW. But normally I wait until I find them for what I'm willing to pay for them.

If you're using an AC Pro, then you could use a PCE 3.0 Card.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

roflmao

I wanted to post an update on my Amazon purchase of SMS R-Type which I ordered Sunday afternoon.  There was some discussion earlier about how long it takes for things to ship from sellers on Amazon, but the game arrived today (3 business days after ordering) in tip-top shape.  Granted your mileage may vary, as with Ebay, but I think Amazon can be a great alternative.  I still can't believe that copy of R-Type sold for $50...

PikachuWarrior

Well, part of the reason why Amazon takes longer (usually) than Ebay, is because third-party sellers take so long to ship the item out. I think Amazon gives them a generous timeframe to do so. At least with Ebay, you can set in your auction terms how many business days you need for shipping/handling to get a general idea, before purchasing an item.
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 12:39 PMIf you're using an AC Pro, then you could use a PCE 3.0 Card.
Can the AC Pro be used in place of a 3.0 card? Of course if it's a US console you'd need a converter.

roflmao

Quote from: jperryss on 05/09/2012, 02:55 PMCan the AC Pro be used in place of a 3.0 card? Of course if it's a US console you'd need a converter.
Yes.  An Arcade Card Pro will play everything a System 3.0 card will.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 03:06 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 05/09/2012, 02:55 PMCan the AC Pro be used in place of a 3.0 card? Of course if it's a US console you'd need a converter.
Yes.  An Arcade Card Pro will play everything a System 3.0 card will. 
So, a region mod + AC Pro quadruples your playable library AND is still cheaper than a US 3.0 card. Got it.   :mrgreen:

roflmao

Quote from: jperryss on 05/09/2012, 03:35 PMSo, a region mod + AC Pro quadruples your playable library AND is still cheaper than a US 3.0 card. Got it.   :mrgreen:
Yep, that about sums it up. :D

CrackTiger

I haven't seen something this bad since myself and others were ripped off in a similar scam years ago on eBay. That seller meant to be deceptive to trick people into think they were buying something valuable when all he was sending was a piece of paper. But he was so stupid, that he didn't understand that he worded it in a way that couldn't be misinterpreted and couldn't get off on a technicality.

Now this asshole is at least doing it right and simply hoping that someone won't read it carefully or at all and will just see words describing the TurboGrafx-16 version of Legend of Hero Tonma and the price assume that they've stumbled upon a rare game listed in the wrong category by someone who doesn't know any better-

http://www.amazon.ca/Legend-Hero-Tonma-Lambert-Surhone/dp/6135193155/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336660050&sr=8-1

NecroPhile

I'd say the guy is pretty clear about what you're getting: it says 'paperback' in the title and the first sentence of the description is "Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online."  Anyone that buys that thinking they're getting the game needs to lay off the wishful thinking juice.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 05/10/2012, 10:56 AMI'd say the guy is pretty clear about what you're getting: it says 'paperback' in the title and the first sentence of the description is "Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online."  Anyone that buys that thinking they're getting the game needs to lay off the wishful thinking juice.
Agreed, but the seller is still a gooberdick.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/10/2012, 10:56 AMI'd say the guy is pretty clear about what you're getting: it says 'paperback' in the title and the first sentence of the description is "Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online."  Anyone that buys that thinking they're getting the game needs to lay off the wishful thinking juice.
$46+ for printed out wikipedia articles on a TurboGrafx-16 game sounds like gouging to me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 05/10/2012, 11:13 AMAgreed, but the seller is still a gooberdick.
Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/10/2012, 11:17 AM$46+ for printed out wikipedia articles on a TurboGrafx-16 game sounds like gouging to me.
Agreed on both counts.  The guy is definitely a tool, but I wouldn't say he's trying to trick anyone.

The goof trying to sell a sealed Sapphire has jacked his price back up to $900.  If something doesn't sell at the lowered price, that means you're not charging enough for it!

Bernie

I mean damn..  $900.00??  I sure hope that comes with some sort of lube.....

SMF

Dam he couldnt even spring for Priority Shipping lol Only free Economy shipping.

VestCunt

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/10/2012, 11:51 AM
Quote from: jperryss on 05/10/2012, 11:13 AMAgreed, but the seller is still a gooberdick.
Quote from: CrackTiger on 05/10/2012, 11:17 AM$46+ for printed out wikipedia articles on a TurboGrafx-16 game sounds like gouging to me.
Agreed on both counts.  The guy is definitely a tool, but I wouldn't say he's trying to trick anyone.
There have been a flood of "publishers" doing this lately and it doesn't seem to have anything specifically to do with video games. They pick random subjects and articles from wikipedia and profit from user content by slapping together "books" and selling them on ebay and elsewhere. They do the same thing with old D&D campaign settings.
Topic Adjourned.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

lol, sorry. rarely look into this thread :oops:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SMF

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/11/2012, 04:15 PMlol, sorry. rarely look into this thread :oops:
As your punishment you must reread all 139 pages lol.

roflmao

SMF

Quote from: guest on 05/12/2012, 01:21 AMThis isn't Turbo related, but it is retro gaming related... Is this game really worth this much???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-SEGA-GENESIS-RPG-SHINING-FORCE-CART-AND-INSTRUCTIONS-MANUAL-VG-CONDITION?item=230786897503&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DUPI.GIROS%26itu%3DI%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D160798891077%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8356335911444209870#ht_1025wt_1084

With 34 bids (at the time of posting) I'm dumbfounded that some feel this game is worth more than a good-running car.  :shock:
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD, No game is worth that much. Seems like shill bidding to me. Or maybe i dont know enough about this game.

PikachuWarrior

No, it's not worth that much at all. It's one of those isolated auctions where the seller and buyer(s) probably know each other and are just drumming up attention. Goes for like 1/500th of the price (under $30 used).
IMG

thesteve

Bernie

Well damn..  I have this game, with the clam shell and manual..

TR0N

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/12/2012, 02:17 AMNo, it's not worth that much at all. It's one of those isolated auctions where the seller and buyer(s) probably know each other and are just drumming up attention. Goes for like 1/500th of the price (under $30 used).
Yeah it is there's a thread of it as well on digitalpress.Most think it's shill bidding and i have to agree.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

GohanX

Look at the bid history, it has a lot of 0 feedback bids. I bought this game complete and in perfect condition off of ebay for like $30 not too long ago.

Bernie

There is a small line of text on the cart, beneath the words, 16 Bit Cartridge.  What is that?  Mine does not have it.

PikachuWarrior

it's either a phone number or a serial/part/product number.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

what the flying fuck.

3000$ for Shining Force?

holyfuck
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jperryss

bob

NightWolve

Quote from: Mishran on 05/17/2012, 06:04 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-Shadowgate-TurboCD-TurboDuo-Rare-Super-Condition-/280883136308?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8476832225379385643

And so the bullshit continues... :(
I just sent him a message:
QuoteHeya, I'm interested in your copy of BS. I live in the US and am willing to offer $5 bucks for it plus S/H!! How about it ??
See what I did there with the BS? As in bullshit? ;)

NightWolve

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I got his attention! His response:
QuoteHiya !

You seem to like clowns style jokes ? No prob, I would accept 5 bucks with a special shipping fee of 350$ just for you as a friend.

Have a very nice day and I hope you very good luck in finding Beyond Shadowgate for 5$ or less.
I call BS! ;) Well, there ya go, an inside look... Still, even though I've never sold anything on eBay, I can't find myself being too critical of this sort of thing. If he does manage to sell it for that much, he's one lucky SOB!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/17/2012, 02:30 PMAlright ladies and gentlemen, I got his attention! His response:
QuoteHiya !

You seem to like clowns style jokes ? No prob, I would accept 5 bucks with a special shipping fee of 350$ just for you as a friend.

Have a very nice day and I hope you very good luck in finding Beyond Shadowgate for 5$ or less.
I call BS! ;) Well, there ya go, an inside look... Still, even though I've never sold anything on eBay, I can't find myself being too critical of this sort of thing. If he does manage to sell it for that much, he's one lucky SOB!
accept the offer of 5$

eBay will reem him for charging 350$ shipping, and may even prevent that from occuring

it would be epic lolers
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bob

everybody on this board should send him a $5 offer.
just sent him mine.

oh, and he has hero tonma for 450, complete.  [-X

Bernie

I should put my Beyond Shadowgate up for grabs, with a high BIN and a make offer thingy.  Then accept a $5.00 offer, JUST so you can show him you found it.  lol

NightWolve

Hey, that would be fun, but too much work/effort. ;)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 05/17/2012, 03:55 PMI should put my Beyond Shadowgate up for grabs, with a high BIN and a make offer thingy.  Then accept a $5.00 offer, JUST so you can show him you found it.  lol
I would love to get that game for $5. :P Even if it was a bootlegged pressed version...

bob

So I don't think my $5 offer was excepted either...

Hi my friend !

I'm thinking about accepting your 5$ but I would feel like a thief.
Please, keep the 5$ and only pay for the shipping, as a bonus I will send you all my collection of rare games. I bought all of them from a clown for 5$ + shipping.

Let me know if you are still interested.

- martindap

roflmao

Holy moly.  :shock:  I can't believe there were 7 people willing to spend over $500 (shipped) for it.  3 of them willing to spend over $700!  Looks like the winning bidder has 0 feedback so it'll be interesting to see if it gets relisted...

Unbelievable.    :?

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2012, 09:38 PMHoly moly.  :shock:  I can't believe there were 7 people willing to spend over $500 (shipped) for it.  3 of them willing to spend over $700!  Looks like the winning bidder has 0 feedback so it'll be interesting to see if it gets relisted...

Unbelievable.    :?
What's not to believe? They're all likely bids as an "investment" which will be on display for $1500+ until their investment pays out.

Bernie