OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

its true that some people use collection threads at pissing contest. I for one enjoy looking at peoples collections. Not just what they have, but how they store it,and the setups they use. We used to have a thread on the shoryuken general forum about gaming collection, and it was closed because it became a pissing contest, but i dont really sense that here.

Samurai Ghost

Yeah aside from some inevitable flame wars this has to be one of the more mature, laid back forums I've ever posted in, and with tons of trustworthy and helpful people. Not to sound sappy or anything but it's partially BECAUSE of this forum that I've gotten so much into collecting for the PCE. If everyone acted like typical Internet Toughguys all the time I'd probably just lurk for info and keep to myself, but because of this community I've felt inspired to hook people up with deals, raffle stuff off, etc. Keep it up guys!!

JapanTokei

Not sure how we got on this topic but I will weigh in too....  For me posting my stuff or looking at others is more like a big windows shop.  Of course for proud owners of stuff we like it when shown to others who appreciate the same..  Ie if you have artist painting handed are you want to show them to get that appreciation from others which brings certain satisfaction to youself.  As for looking at others stuff..  Thats fun for me to do, it's like candyshop and allows me to virtual drool while feeling happy for the owner.

NecroPhile

The oh so rare Götzendiener for a mere $99.99 + $4 shipping.  What a deal!

Not for you?  Then how 'bout a sealed (yet strangely sans insert) copy of Hudson Game Music Collection '93 for a mere $178.50 shipped, or would you rather have an unsealed copy for the piddly sum of only $89.99?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

Gainax *RARE* US Seller :lol: :lol: :lol:

and not even complete. usually is a 5 buck game.

QuoteHere's a rare bird, this is Gotzendiener for the PC-Engine Super CD. It's a 3/4 isometric dungeon simulation with a very unique design that only Gainax could do. Really kind of a weird game, but cool nonetheless. My copy is in good shape, with the original case, CD, and booklet all in very good condition. The back of the case does have a piece of metallic tape attached to it, maybe it would come off with some Goo Gone but I'll leave that up to you. This is the only copy I have so don't miss your chance.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

TheClash603

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/30/2012, 07:22 PMits true that some people use collection threads at pissing contest. I for one enjoy looking at peoples collections. Not just what they have, but how they store it,and the setups they use. We used to have a thread on the shoryuken general forum about gaming collection, and it was closed because it became a pissing contest, but i dont really sense that here.
I typically don't post pictures of the more expensive stuff I buy, just because I never wanted to come off that way.  Even if my intentions are just to show something, I do feel guilty when I get something more higher priced.

That's why I usually only post pictures of my Street Fighter Penis Pills.

Sadler

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/31/2012, 09:35 PMI typically don't post pictures of the more expensive stuff I buy, just because I never wanted to come off that way.  Even if my intentions are just to show something, I do feel guilty when I get something more higher priced.

That's why I usually only post pictures of my Street Fighter Penis Pills.
Honestly the past couple pages in this thread inspired me to post my more expensive stuff in the rare thread. Fuck the haters.

IMG

For the record, I enjoy seeing people's stuff. Like the other guy said, I like seeing how they have it stored. What they've done with loose hueys. What stuff they've got that I've never seen before, etc etc...

SMF

Seeing what people do to their respective gamerooms I might use some ideas. I got alotta crap that is to bulky to leave out. So to see how everyone else stores there's gives me ideas. O and also the opertunity to say YOU RICH FUCK lol
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

JapanTokei

This is what I offered that guy.. hahah

/haha.jpg 

Quote from: guest on 05/31/2012, 12:21 PMThe oh so rare Götzendiener for a mere $99.99 + $4 shipping.  What a deal!

Not for you?  Then how 'bout a sealed (yet strangely sans insert) copy of Hudson Game Music Collection '93 for a mere $178.50 shipped, or would you rather have an unsealed copy for the piddly sum of only $89.99?

JapanTokei

what!  the bastard turned my .99 cent offer down!  how could he ! #$#@$  I can't believe it.

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NightWolve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250617950446&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123#ht_542wt_749

Hurry guys, hurry! The sale price ends in 3 hours! Our buddy with the Bonk III manual temporarily dropped his price from $299.93 to $269.94! Hahaha! After I got under his skin with further criticism (called him a criminal a few times, hehe), I didn't think to check back with his listing. The last exchange between us occurred on the 29th and I dunno when his whopping 10% price drop was put into place afterwards, but I pointed him to this gouging thread, so he knows there's a feature of him on here. ;)

IMG

QuoteDear megahit79,

The "just don't buy it" is a typical excuse for a price gouging scammer (which is what you are) and the reason you were called on it is because if nobody didn't do so, you'd get away with ripping people off and could sleep easy at night! We (as in several NEC fans) know all about you (https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=229092) actually, and you've been trying to sell this thing on & off for about a year now with no sucker willing to take the bait! So maybe $300 is NOT the market value and like the other poster says, "If he's so sure that's the current market value then why don't he put it on auction and sell it for what peaple think its really worth?" - But you won't! And what exactly is the deal with $299.93, you're willing to drop by 7 cents? Hahahah! Unbelievable!

You people really are criminals that have ruined the market by artificially driving up the prices on old, and typically shitty, games and what's left of them (in this case, just a shitty manual and yet you believing that you got a big pot of gold in your hands!), that's why you're not going to just be ignored! Thus, you're occasionally gonna get called out on it, so tough!!! People aren't gonna just stand by and allow criminals to destroy the market and rip people off with such outrageousness! There ought to be a way to report you to eBay! It would be a shame if some poor fool handed over his hard-earned money for nothing more than pieces of paper, not even the damn game! Unbelievably outrageous and all you can say is "Leave me alone, don't buy it, mind your own business, let me bait some sucker out there who would be willing to buy it, etc." Pffffft. Shameless!!! You have NO decency! You sir, are indeed a criminal!!

- nlivadit
QuoteDear nlivadit,

Sold one game at $499.93 earlier this year and a book please go get a job or waste your time somewhere else.Time is money and you are wasting yours.Again we have a expert staff pricing our retail chains and over 20 years of business what do you have that qualifies you to price game prices you like videogames lol again find a hoppy or get a job.Maybe you should message baseball card sellers and say their cards are only worth 1 penny not as high a a million dollars as some have sold for
thanks jay

- megahit79
He sends me another afterwards, calling me a psycho, tells me unless I'm broke, $300 is nothing and that he just bought a game for $1000 bucks and thought that it was a steal! Ends it with the usual, "You clearly have no knowledge of anything videogame related or in the world in general." yadda yadda

Recurring themes from his responses can be summed up as:

* Time's a wasting. Move along, nothing to see here! There're better things to do with your time than to criticize a gouger, the poor little darling.
* He has lots of money and his prices are no big deal - to criticize him means you're broke, have no job or limited sources of income, etc.
* Basically, what he has in his hands is a baseball card, that's right, just think of it as "BabyRuth Bonk." ;)
* We have 20 years of business experience, you don't!

Funny thing is, that's kind of what I think about gougers. They have no jobs or limited sources of income, so after they get a hold of these games (or they had them from their gamer days as a kid and soon discover eBay), they wanna squeeze every last possible dollar out of someone that they can seeing how other people on eBay have been doing it! These obscene asking prices show desperation, at least, in my eyes and I can understand in that case, etc. But if you're a business, as he says that he is, then business must not be going well for you to try to sell the manual of a game more than what the whole game sells for at the same place.

Hasn't the whole game sold for $100-150 by eBay standards ?

PikachuWarrior

not an expert but wouldn't that be borderline harassment?
IMG

SMF

Lol I've been watching his listing for almost a year and he always drops the price close to the end of auction. Your right about geting a complete Bonk 3 for that price and you should have money left over. He's never gonna sell that Baby Ruth Bonk lol

NightWolve

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/01/2012, 12:34 AMnot an expert but wouldn't that be borderline harassment?
When you can ignore or delete one's emails ? Did I make some sort of physical threat or something ? I think he's a big boy and can handle some direct criticism, heaven forbid!

PikachuWarrior

IMG

BigusSchmuck

I think its about time someone flood the market with reproductions of the Bonk 3 manual and sell it for .99 and see what he says then. :P

NightWolve

Quote from: megahit79by the way here is the game I bought for $1000 the other day I ended up thanking the guy endlessly for giving me this incredible deal but I guess you would probably think he is a criminal lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230792379149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Quote from: NightWolvehttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/Amakusa666/customs/neogeoaesad1.jpg

Yesss, I heard about the SNK situation and the astronomical prices for that system and its games these days, which was even true back when it first came out. Maybe you thanked him because you think you can flip it for a lot more ?? ;) So...you don't think he's even a tad bit of a criminal price-gouging profiteer, eh ? Not even a little tiny bit ?? Heh-heh.
Quote from: megahit79I think you are misunderstanding what price gouging means here is the definition - pricing above the market price when no alternative retailer is available. Selling a videogame or related product could never fall under this.You may go buy a game for $1 and same day list it for $100000 this is no price gouging.Most people these days understand that anything retro can have gone up conciderably which is the case with 3do,neo geo,jaguar,snes,ps1 etc.I have bought a few games years back for $12,000 each and again was happy at that price and turn out to be a great investment sold one a #25,000.It is clear you are not familar with the videogame sector so I do understand why you have no idea what things are worth.Here is another example we got a box of 200 virtual boy sunglasses they cost us 50 cents each and were something we planned to give away but we sell used for $99 and new $199 and people cant get them fast enough.Anyway I hope maybe you see how you were just out of touch with this market.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330143470584
So there you go folks, you whiny bastards in here that have ever whined about "price gouging" are just basically "out of touch with this market", "not familiar with the videogame sector", "have no idea what things are worth", etc. Also, we shouldn't be using "gouging" in our criticisms as that is not technically accurate (or possible with a seller merely listing something for sale at whatever price they choose) which he was kind enough to point out... Guess this thread should be renamed to "Turbo Profiteering" then... ;)

This guy argues from an amoral standpoint. I mean, I understand it perfectly. As far as he's concerned, he's making a damn good living flipping items for exorbitant amounts. The last example he gives, he bought a box of 200 Virtual Boy sunglasses at 50 cents each, then turned around and starting selling them used at $99 bucks and twice that if new! In time, as you discover that there are suckers willing to pay that much for things, hell, why the fuck not???? In terms of games, though, he doesn't care that his actions contribute to an overall environment where gamers who would really like to own and enjoy these games will never be able to, given the way that this mindset has so driven up the prices for them, etc.

Anyway, storino03, if he felt "harassed" he would've stopped interacting with me and told me to stop emailing him, etc. He uses the opportunity to convince me of how my lacking his 20 years of experience makes me ignorant, uninformed, etc. as to the "true" value of things. :P

Bernie

NightWolve

Damn, you check that sale out of those glasses with the ebay link? That is his account, megahit79, it sold for $99 bucks, plus 4 for shipping and he just told me he bought a box of 'em for 50 cents a piece!!! His markup is 200 times what he paid for it!!! Fucking-A!

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2012, 05:54 AMDamn, you check that sale out of those glasses with the ebay link? That is his account, megahit79, it sold for $99 bucks, plus 4 for shipping and he just told me he bought a box of 'em for 50 cents a piece!!! His markup is 200 times what he paid for it!!! Fucking-A!
Far as I am concerned... Anyone fucking stupid enough to buy those deserves to be gouged.  I mean damn.

CrackTiger

I agree with megahit79 about gouging meaning to price fix something above market value. That's what most people here are commenting on and those who don't like it keep missing. We're not simply talking about games costing more than we'd like, it's all the games people are selling and occassionally buying for way more than they are regularly selling for on eBay and elsewhere.

If some crazed Nintendo fanboy wants to drop $100 on a pair of glasses because they don't see any other listing immediately available, that's their problem. But if those glasses show up for $10 - $20 now and then, but megahit snatches them all up, even bidding up auctions  to high levels... All to maintain a monopoly and artificially high prices... That would make him a Turbo level gouger.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 10:42 AMIf some crazed Nintendo fanboy wants to drop $100 on a pair of glasses because they don't see any other listing immediately available, that's their problem. But if those glasses show up for $10 - $20 now and then, but megahit snatches them all up, even bidding up auctions  to high levels... All to maintain a monopoly and artificially high prices... That would make him a Turbo level gouger.
See PompeiParsons who creates a floor price for certain Turbo games as an example.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Exactly, Black Tiger.  His f'n manual is a prime example: he's been trying to sell it for years (it was even in the original gouging thread) and many complete games have sold for far less in the mean time.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 11:19 AMExactly, Black Tiger.  His f'n manual is a prime example: he's been trying to sell it for years (it was even in the original gouging thread) and many complete games have sold for far less in the mean time.
I bought the game AND manual for 1/4 of what he was asking for the manual, obviously that is sheer price gouging.
--DragonmasterDan

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/01/2012, 10:58 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 10:42 AMIf some crazed Nintendo fanboy wants to drop $100 on a pair of glasses because they don't see any other listing immediately available, that's their problem. But if those glasses show up for $10 - $20 now and then, but megahit snatches them all up, even bidding up auctions  to high levels... All to maintain a monopoly and artificially high prices... That would make him a Turbo level gouger.
See PompeiParsons who creates a floor price for certain Turbo games as an example.
Yeah, I saw that Pompei seller. I think he blocked me because I can't bid or send a message.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/01/2012, 01:25 PMYeah, I saw that Pompei seller. I think he blocked me because I can't bid or send a message.
A few months ago we found him buying up auctioned copies of games, then reselling them for Buy It Now prices a week or so later for profit. Then that same account bidding on copies of the exact same game around the same price again the next time they came up for auction. He uses two accounts, one for selling and one for buying stock.
--DragonmasterDan

FiftyQuid

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2012, 05:54 AMDamn, you check that sale out of those glasses with the ebay link? That is his account, megahit79, it sold for $99 bucks, plus 4 for shipping and he just told me he bought a box of 'em for 50 cents a piece!!! His markup is 200 times what he paid for it!!! Fucking-A!
Who the hell would buy those things for $99?  There is no way this planet is in economic recession.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/01/2012, 02:02 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/01/2012, 01:25 PMYeah, I saw that Pompei seller. I think he blocked me because I can't bid or send a message.
A few months ago we found him buying up auctioned copies of games, then reselling them for Buy It Now prices a week or so later for profit. Then that same account bidding on copies of the exact same game around the same price again the next time they came up for auction. He uses two accounts, one for selling and one for buying stock.
PompieParsons has always made me good deals if I contact him and inquire on items. He sold me a minty Turbo CD w/ case for $150. That was a few years ago though.

He also sold me a complete Super System Card 3.0 (US) for $55. The man has earned my respect a time or two.

Tatsujin

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2012, 05:37 AM
Quote from: megahit79by the way here is the game I bought for $1000 the other day I ended up thanking the guy endlessly for giving me this incredible deal but I guess you would probably think he is a criminal lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230792379149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
AND NOW SEE WHAT HE'S DOING WITH HIS GREAT 1000 BUCK PURCHASE!!!

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/King-Of-Fighters-2000-Neo-Geo-AES-Great-Condition-Complete-Us-Version-/251070019345?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a74f07711

turned its price up by 30 times!! FUCK that guy!

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2012, 05:34 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2012, 05:37 AM

AND NOW SEE WHAT HE'S DOING WITH HIS GREAT 1000 BUCK PURCHASE!!!

http://www.ebay.ch/itm/King-Of-Fighters-2000-Neo-Geo-AES-Great-Condition-Complete-Us-Version-/251070019345?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a74f07711

Holy fuck, $3000 I was expecting but $30,000?!
Talk about wasting time, who the hell would ever buy that?!

futureman2000

I still think video_game_quality is worse than this guy

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2012, 05:07 PMPompieParsons has always made me good deals if I contact him and inquire on items. He sold me a minty Turbo CD w/ case for $150. That was a few years ago though.

He also sold me a complete Super System Card 3.0 (US) for $55. The man has earned my respect a time or two.
He also set a floor price on say Dungeon Explorer II auctions for around 90.00 by bidding with one account, winning some auctions then reselling those copies with his store account. Then placing roughly the same bid on the next one that comes up for auction.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Self-inflicted price gouging: $242.50 shipped for a boxed PC-FX.  That's nearly double what I paid for mine and a couple games last year, so let's lynch the seller! 

Tee-hee.  Bernie can't stop the retards.

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2012, 06:17 PMSelf-inflicted price gouging: $242.50 shipped for a boxed PC-FX.  That's nearly double what I paid for mine and a couple games last year, so let's lynch the seller! 

Tee-hee.  Bernie can't stop the retards.
I couldnt believe it went for that much either. i started the auction at .99 and had a buy it now of 125.00. so imagine my surprise.

SMF

Lol wow, Bernie gets to go add some stuff to his collection lol.

NightWolve

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2012, 05:34 PMAND NOW SEE WHAT HE'S DOING WITH HIS GREAT 1000 BUCK PURCHASE!!!

Oh wow, shit, what a find! Good work, Tatsujin! Hahah! Somebody was paying attention! So I was right; he tells me he thanked the guy repeatedly for giving him the pleasure of paying $1000 bucks for it and I asked him, did you thank him because you think you can flip it for a lot more ??? He didn't answer my question, but you just went and found his listing!!!!! His markups are 30 to 200 times what he paid, so I stand by my "criminal profiteer" assessment! It's not amoral; the clear immoral aspect to it is because he relies on deception and peoples' ignorance.

I would bet that he deceptively downplayed the value to the person that walked into his physical store trying to sell that box of 200 glasses. He paid $100 bucks for ALL 200 glasses and now sells EACH, individually, for $100 bucks... That is probably not even coincidental!!! If the buyers knew that he paid 50 cents for them, they would know they're dealing with a greedy, profiteering asshole! They don't know what he paid, ignorant (on many levels, but yeah), so they hand over the money... To achieve "buy low and sell high", deception is necessary on both ends; he likely deceived the original seller, downplaying the worth to buy them at 50 cents a pop, told the guy, "eh, I don't think I could get much for these, etc." but then as soon as the glasses trade hands, he puts them up on eBay, slaps "rare" and tries to flip the value 200 times more than what the previous seller thought that they worth... Ignorance/deception on both ends was necessary.

Black Tiger, I agree, I kinda didn't think gouging was technically accurate because, to me, it's more like the situation with gasoline, it's the lifeblood of the economy and you have no choice but to buy it if you want to be able to travel/work, etc. Industrial nations would go bye-bye without it, it's that important, like oxygen in the air! Videogames, on the other hand, are luxury items and all of the retro games in question have been ripped to file format and can be downloaded and played with emulators, etc. But, on the other hand, words/phrases get redefined all the time, so when I would see "price gouging" asshole and whatnot, I read it as "greedy profiteering" asshole, etc.

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/01/2012, 06:16 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2012, 05:07 PMPompieParsons has always made me good deals if I contact him and inquire on items. He sold me a minty Turbo CD w/ case for $150. That was a few years ago though.

He also set a floor price on say Dungeon Explorer II auctions for around 90.00 by bidding with one account, winning some auctions then reselling those copies with his store account. Then placing roughly the same bid on the next one that comes up for auction.
Yeah I haven't dealt with him for a while. I am not surprised that he fell to greed. A few years ago he made me good deals. That era is likely over.

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/01/2012, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2012, 05:34 PMAND NOW SEE WHAT HE'S DOING WITH HIS GREAT 1000 BUCK PURCHASE!!!

Oh wow, shit, what a find! Good work, Tatsujin! Hahah! Somebody was paying attention! So I was right; he tells me he thanked the guy repeatedly for giving him the pleasure of paying $1000 bucks for it and I asked him, did you thank him because you think you can flip it for a lot more ??? He didn't answer my question, but you just went and found his listing!!!!! His markups are 30 to 200 times what he paid, so I stand by my "criminal profiteer" assessment! It's not amoral; the clear immoral aspect to it is because he relies on deception and peoples' ignorance.

I would bet that he deceptively downplayed the value to the person that walked into his physical store trying to sell that box of 200 glasses. He paid $100 bucks for ALL 200 glasses and now sells EACH, individually, for $100 bucks... That is probably not even coincidental!!! If the buyers knew that he paid 50 cents for them, they would know they're dealing with a greedy, profiteering asshole! They don't know what he paid, ignorant (on many levels, but yeah), so they hand over the money... To achieve "buy low and sell high", deception is necessary on both ends; he likely deceived the original seller, downplaying the worth to buy them at 50 cents a pop, told the guy, "eh, I don't think I could get much for these, etc." but then as soon as the glasses trade hands, he puts them up on eBay, slaps "rare" and tries to flip the value 200 times more than what the previous seller thought that they worth... Ignorance/deception on both ends was necessary.

Black Tiger, I agree, I kinda didn't think gouging was technically accurate because, to me, it's more like the situation with gasoline, it's the lifeblood of the economy and you have no choice but to buy it if you want to be able to travel/work, etc. Industrial nations would go bye-bye without it, it's that important, like oxygen in the air! Videogames, on the other hand, are luxury items and all of the retro games in question have been ripped to file format and can be downloaded and played with emulators, etc. But, on the other hand, words/phrases get redefined all the time, so when I would see "price gouging" asshole and whatnot, I read it as "greedy profiteering" asshole, etc.
Video Games aren't luxury items.  :wink:

Tatsujin

lol, he just turned his auction down to US $26.999,94. how generous of him. that makes only 27 times more of what he had initially paid to his nice fellow on May 16, 2012 20:31:27...and put it back again on ebay just a couple of hours later..lol

he even copied the description 1:1 of the previous 1000 buck auction. how smart is that?

and last but not least:

Save $3 On Shipping When You Buy 2 Or More Items

Opethian

so bootleg
people should really read up on the history of that cart.
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2012, 10:47 PMlol, he just turned his auction down to US $26.999,94. how generous of him. that makes only 27 times more of what he had initially paid to his nice fellow on May 16, 2012 20:31:27...and put it back again on ebay just a couple of hours later..lol
Well, he has an answer for that too, Tat! It's storewide, observe:
Quote from: NightWolvehttps://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=229525

You should've told me you were having a 10% off sale so I could've told the fellas about it sooner! Hahaha!
Quote from: megahit79it is everything storewide we run sales all the time be sure to check them out
thanks jay

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

PikachuWarrior

I need an extension cable. Is $40 a good deal? :P
IMG

city41

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/01/2012, 11:41 PM$40 for a 6ft extension cable;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-TurboGrafx-16-to-PC-Engine-controller-extension-cable-WORKS-PERFECTLY-/261033337804?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cc6cca3cc#ht_739wt_986

At least he coiled it up properly.  :roll:
Well,it also converts from tg16 to PCE, which doesn't seem too common.

Someone posted on here cables from monoprice for both duo/PCE and tg16 and they were like $2.95, ridiculously cheap (<3 monoprice!)

Deletion

Did anyone notice megahit79's bio? This guy is really trying to convince himself (and others) that there's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

http://myworld.ebay.com/megahit79/

MegaHitPlaya.jpg
/megahit79bio.png

glazball

Quote from: Opethian on 06/01/2012, 11:23 PMso bootleg
people should really read up on the history of that cart.
KoF 2000 does indeed have an insane history, and for those that have more money than sense, an original cart would sell for several thousand dollars simply because of it's history and the Neo Geo Freak douchebags.
  But not $30- or 25,000!  Holy fuck!  Maybe 4 or 5 or 6k tops.  (Who the hell knows once it gets that retarded?) Last year, I bought a few low-end AES from a guy selling his collection on the NG forums and he sold his US KoF 2K for around $2500.  Sadly, though some/many say it's worthless because of Neo Geo Freaks' involvement, $1000 is a really good deal for it.
  This asshole at Megahit asking $30000 is laughable, but really just so, so shameless.  He must have read about the truly historic and mind-boggling sales of 3 copies of Aero Fighters 3 that were found by an ex-SNK employee and were not previously known to exist.  They sold for 30,000 EACH!  wtf??

http://kotaku.com/5889143/this-video-game-just-sold-at-an-airport-for-over-30000

Thanks for riding Megahit's ass and giving him shit.  I hope it turns out to be a bootleg.  Oh man I really do.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

PikachuWarrior

wow, that link was pretty sweet, but why an airport of all places?
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Deletion on 06/02/2012, 02:28 AMDid anyone notice megahit79's bio? This guy is really trying to convince himself (and others) that there's nothing wrong with what he's doing.
http://myworld.ebay.com/megahit79/
MegaHitPlaya.jpg
Wow, this is maxhideous!!!