PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Collecting Much?

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 06/27/2012, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Ok, this is for the retards that overpay for Turbob.

I'll start.

oh wait.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

Define overpay. Most I paid for was that Dracula X lot and that was $90. The lot came with 6 other games too...

Opethian

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/27/2012, 02:47 PMDefine overpay. Most I paid for was that Dracula X lot and that was $90. The lot came with 6 other games too...
That ain't overpayin, you goober.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

Well I bought a 50 pac of daimond silvers to burn games to for turbob?  It was $24 dollars?  Did I overpay? :mrgreen:

PunkCryborg

I've notice an influx of "how much is this worth?" and price authority n00bs on here
This isn't the stock market! Play those games or trade them to people who will!

Bernie

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/27/2012, 04:20 PMI've notice an influx of "how much is this worth?" and price authority n00bs on here
This isn't the stock market! Play those games or trade them to people who will!
What he said!!  fuckers

SignOfZeta

I was willing to buy some big dollar home brew the other day but I couldn't find any.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Oh, and to the noobs who's only concern is "worth", please go fuck off.
IMG

CrackTiger

I've over paid for a couple TG-16 games recently and paid high end prices for others as I tracked down the last TurboChips I didn't have. I'll admit that it was tempting for a moment to bid the minimum for the Legend of Hero Tonma that ended last night, as it is now the only game I need. The money isn't a big deal to me, it was mainly the principal.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Retrocool

i seriously do not understand the seller who is selling  "Gold" Standard of the TG16/Duo ... WTF is gold standard .. granted it is new in the box, but seriously $3,000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-CD-System-TurboGrafx-FACTORY-BRAND-NEW-95-GOLD-LEVEL-VGQuality-/320930798291?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab8f75ad3#ht_8515wt_1165

and then this fella for $10,000..SERIOUSLY ..

I seriously want to punch them in the face..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-NEC-the-Complete-Collection-/290509473689?pt=Video_Games&hash=item43a3b6c799

I am going to start selling stuff as sapphire edition... yeah, thats it.. sapphires are way better than Gold... Chase Bank says so.. ugh...
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

CPTRAVE

I think you are paying for the case and the waterproof labels . "Yes" awesome case.. :shock:

PikachuWarrior

so then how is this thread different than the ebay gouger one?
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Retrocool on 06/28/2012, 02:23 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-CD-System-TurboGrafx-FACTORY-BRAND-NEW-95-GOLD-LEVEL-VGQuality-/320930798291?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab8f75ad3#ht_8515wt_1165
If he did buy it from TZD as he states, he got it for $99 bucks (or later $199 price) and with it never having been powered up, 19+ years, sealed like that, it's a good bet that the capacitors are garbage. Of course, he's got that covered for ya given his return policy:
QuoteRETURN TERMS

ALL SALES FINAL - NO RETURNS - NON PAYING WILL BE REPORTED TO EBAY AND PAYPAL
I remember the new TurboExpress I had bought from TZD where the batteries had exploded and leaked all over in their stored area in the styrofoam. Good thing it was designed the that way it was and the greenish (if I recall) acidic goo was contained in that separate area - I was impressed though with how far upwards and around it had spread.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/28/2012, 03:18 AMso then how is this thread different than the ebay gouger one?
The other thread is for gougers.  This thread is for people that pay the gougers.  For example, auction #1 selling for $1000 doesn't received any bids.  That auction goes in the other thread.  Auction #2, for the same item, is overpriced at $1000 again but this time sells therefore it falls into this thread.  

Think of it this way, the eBay thread is for stupid Sellers.  This thread is for stupid Sellers and the stupid people that buy from them.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/27/2012, 04:59 PMI was willing to buy some big dollar home brew the other day but I couldn't find any.
you mean 15$ copies of Insanity isn't big money hustlin' enough? lol. 

You could buy Pier Solar for 70$ even though it originally cost 35$ due to cost-calculation failures.

COLOR BOX/MANUAL + STICKERS + CART , ONLY 35$.  WE'RE BREAKING EVEN.

OH WAIT.

SHIT.

BLACK AND WHITE MANUAL + CLAMSHELL REPRINT, ONLY 40$, SO WE CAN RECOUP.

FUCK.
WAIT.

69.00$   THERE, NOW WE CAN PROFIT.

PikachuWarrior

We need to feed the developers lol
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/28/2012, 10:20 AMWe need to feed the developers lol
If this is their full time money maker, they are in it for the wrong reasons.

lol

sure they deserve to get paid, but man, SuperDuper Watermelon Cookie Cake Factory Team Alpha is all over the place with their practices/consistency

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/28/2012, 09:57 AM69.00$   THERE, NOW WE CAN PROFIT.
damn i just saw that, quite the price hike! I haven't even opened mine yet, haven't had time to play it. It's in the "one day" pile

PikachuWarrior

Oh wow, usually when a game gets a lot of reprints/sales, you lower the price over time. In the case of Pier Solar, they increased the price, which is odd.

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/shop/pier-solar_4/pier-solar_1/

Also the soundtrack was initially $25, now it's $35. Strange. Just came out O_o

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/shop/pier-solar_4/pier-solar-ost_2/

A lot of people don't open their Pier Solar copies partially because they "don't have time to play it" (then why buy it in the first place?) and also because it's a homebrew and most likely destined to hike in price in the later years and become rare. Just check the forums, there are tons of people who still have the first posterity edition still sealed for whatever reasons unknown.
IMG

PikachuWarrior

I was so floored by the pricing of Pier Solar and its OST, that I made a topic!

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/boards/questions-faq_31/Why-has-Pier-Solar-increased----_1195/

We shall see what they say. ;)
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I'm sure the one dev guy, whats his name, Fozzie?

He will be a dick about it.

The reason for the price hikes is they underestimated all of their costs on the initial print (the nice, shiny one, that sold out before it was every actually released).

Or so they said.   Their release was a few weeks of lies and filth before they admitted they messed up.

Since they took a hit on the first run, that's why now you get a lesser quality product for more money.   They said the new clamshell one didn't come with a CD because it doesn't fit in the case.   I debunked that shit with images.  Then eventually they said OH its because the CDs are shit and don't work.

At least now when we ask 68.99$ for AbCards, noone can whine!  =3  lol.

and at least we don't beat around the fuckin bush.

VestCunt

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/28/2012, 08:21 AM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/28/2012, 03:18 AMso then how is this thread different than the ebay gouger one?
The other thread is for gougers.  This thread is for people that pay the gougers.  For example, auction #1 selling for $1000 doesn't received any bids.  That auction goes in the other thread.  Auction #2, for the same item, is overpriced at $1000 again but this time sells therefore it falls into this thread. 

Think of it this way, the eBay thread is for stupid Sellers.  This thread is for stupid Sellers and the stupid people that buy from them.
Collecting Much is more about insane WTB offers, insta-collections, serial collectors, CIB obsessors, commodity fetishists, and other links that generally don't lead to ebay. I envisioned this thread going straight to Fighting Street as people get pretty defensive about their collecting habits (and it's nearly impossible for any of us to level such criticism without a bit of hypocrisy).

A lot of the material in Gouging Much has traditionally included items that actually sold and we don't need two threads making fun of slightly different listings on ebay.
Topic Adjourned.

Samurai Ghost

I ALMOST spent around $120 on a horrible Korean shooter for the Mega Drive just because it is so obscure and collectable. But I realized what I was about to do and stopped myself.

VestCunt

I was wondering why I couldn't find a Rapid Fire Unit.
IMG

link: http://shinobiman.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=976&page=1
Topic Adjourned.

Lilgrafx

I spent $40 on Shockman with manual not too long ago, but I just really wanted to play it.

Samurai Ghost

That seems to be a fairly average price for that game these days. Sigh?

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/28/2012, 06:32 PMlink: http://shinobiman.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=976&page=1
Damn, this guy has a seriously awesome collection though, gotta give him props. I think SMS collectors are some of the most insane, just because of all the countless impossible-to-find variants you have to collect if you really want everything. The SMS was marketed and was successful in many countries, and even within one country there are several variants for some games. Add that to the fact that there was tons of stuff released in Brazil where the system was very popular but everyone immediately trashed all the packaging and whatnot. Korean stuff seems to be extremely rare as well, although I've seen some come and go over the years.

That said, owning 12 copies of the same game just so you can have every version is pretty damn silly. I can see having a JP version and and English version. Or maybe collecting one set of games from one country, like all the Brazilian variants, or all the French games or something. Or collecting all the versions of a game you really love. But who needs seven variants of California games? Seriously, the guy has seven different copies of California Games. Yet he doesn't have a single copy of Megumi Rescue, a seriously awesome Mark III game!

The Master System with a clear blue SEGA logo cut through it is incredibly awesome though. Do want.

NecroPhile

I have two of the Turboobie 'games' and want to get the third.  That's some pretty stupid collecting shit right there, though I didn't and won't pay leet collector monies for 'em.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/28/2012, 06:54 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 06/28/2012, 06:32 PMlink: http://shinobiman.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=976&page=1
Damn, this guy has a seriously awesome collection though, gotta give him props.
Yeah, he's definitely a collector in the pre-retrogaming sense of the word, not some guy who banged out a CIB U.S. collection in two months. I have mixed feelings about seeing so much sealed, unused shit laying around, but maybe guys like this are a good thing, since many of the old game companies junked their archives. IIRC, Bock or one of the guys at SMSpower has mentioned the possibility of donating his collection to a museum someday. 
Topic Adjourned.

Tatsujin

these days I only collect sys hueys. and only if they are below the 2 buck mark. no super sys hueys tho. they do not appeal to me.

AND THE TARGET IS JUST AS ALWAYS:

/wdhuey.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Samurai Ghost

I'll sell ya my version 0.5.09 system card for 99 centavos

Tatsujin

nevar heard of that one, pix plz.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 11:51 PMnevar heard of that one, pix plz.
it's my last one don't lose it!!

/sys0_5_09.jpg

Tatsujin

Samurai Ghost

k pm your address and paypal me the fundz homeslice

PikachuWarrior

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/28/2012, 11:14 AMI was so floored by the pricing of Pier Solar and its OST, that I made a topic!

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/boards/questions-faq_31/Why-has-Pier-Solar-increased----_1195/

We shall see what they say. ;)
This was his response:

We are experimenting with new distribution methods (try to improve service, yeah :P) and we can't afford to loose any money on sales while doing so.

We also had to ship all preorders for "free". That did also impact "future" price.

Thanks for your understanding, we are still way bellow the margins of a lot of publishers around, we are not doing cheap things!
Fonzie
IMG

fraggore

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/29/2012, 12:10 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/28/2012, 11:51 PMnevar heard of that one, pix plz.
it's my last one don't lose it!!

/sys0_5_09.jpg
What the hell is that ? never seen one of them.
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

Tatsujin

Bernie

I would assume an image of Macho Man, and the version number being the date of death.  :)

Tatsujin

nar. macho man didn't die on that date. even a wressling n00b like me knows that :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 06/29/2012, 01:23 AMThis was his response:

We are experimenting with new distribution methods (try to improve service, yeah :P) and we can't afford to loose any money on sales while doing so.
Yea, improving service seems like a great idea considering their service blew dick at PS launch.

QuoteWe also had to ship all preorders for "free". That did also impact "future" price.
Dumbest logic ever.  How long are they going to let their shitty first wave PS launch fuck with their future endeavors. 

WE GAVE OUT FREE SHIPPING TO THE FIRST BATCH.  SO NOW EVERYONE ELSE PAYS THE PRICE.    Jackasses. 

QuoteThanks for your understanding, we are still way bellow the margins of a lot of publishers around, we are not doing cheap things!
Fonzie
69.00$ is the most expensive non-NeoGeo game around.  They are above even Super Fuckup Team.

Repro carts (Of high quality), can be had for 40$.  This includes case/box.  No manual (since they aren't translated)...

Idiots.

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TheClash603

I typically end up with two copies of a game when I buy a lot, then I immediately trade/sell the duplicate.  Occassionally I will purchase a duplicate to get a game with a manual or one that doesnt look like it was shit on too.

Never understood keeping duplicates around, seems like a waste of space.  Duplicate systems is another story, because they tend to break, so I have a backup for most of the notoriously frail units.

khog143

When I first began collecting, and this goes for any of the systems I collect, I did overpay quite a bit.  I assume that is a fairly common problem when starting out, just due to lack of knowledge.  However, now I am more knowledgeable and will not overpay...unless i REALLY want it

DrBread

I try not to overpay but i mean sometimes it happens. Deals come you just need to be patient.
I really like video games...

soop

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/29/2012, 10:43 AM69.00$ is the most expensive non-NeoGeo game around.  They are above even Super Fuckup Team.
But this is close: http://www.retrocollect.com/News/atari-lynx-homebrew-shmup-zaku-from-super-fighter-team-back-in-stock.html

For a fucking Lynx game.  They're also selling shit like a poker game for $40, which is insane considering you can get better versions for your phone for a £.  I appreciate they probably need to sell them at that price to the completeists to cover costs, but why would anyone even make a poker game for the lynx anyway?
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Samurai Ghost

I just overpayed due to shipping costs. Bought 5 fairly uncommon EU only SMS games for $50. Not a bad price at all for the games, but the $45 shipping from Australia really killed it! Thought combined shipping would be cheaper but I guess not.  :?

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

PikachuWarrior

not a bad price for a 32x in "mint" condition.
IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: soop on 07/03/2012, 07:39 AMFor a fucking Lynx game.  They're also selling shit like a poker game for $40, which is insane considering you can get better versions for your phone for a £.  I appreciate they probably need to sell them at that price to the completeists to cover costs, but why would anyone even make a poker game for the lynx anyway?
Have you played Zaku? It's fucking awesome. They just copied Air Zonk and made it for lynx. It's probably the best lynx game ever btw