MSR *WILL* be finished, come hell or high water... hell more likely.

Started by OldRover, 08/16/2011, 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soop

Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Opethian

IMG

Equuskia

What was that about "too many chefs"?  [-X

Anyways, the techies called me after I chewed little Bryan boy a new one. I don't mess around.
IMG

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: Equuskia on 07/27/2012, 12:29 AMWhat was that about "too many chefs"?  [-X

Anyways, the techies called me after I chewed little Bryan boy a new one. I don't mess around.
I shudder to think about how horrible things would have gotten if you hadn't taken care of things. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bernie

I love this.  Lol.  Now hopefully they have their shit together.

incrediblehark

wow I missed a lot! Can't believe they sent you Insanity! But definitely glad its getting sorted out *fingers crossed*

Too bad I missed out on the donation/raffle, and esteban in Maine!? I forgot you said you were visiting, I'm still living in Wiscasset too! :(

esteban

Quote from: incrediblehark on 07/28/2012, 02:23 AMwow I missed a lot! Can't believe they sent you Insanity! But definitely glad its getting sorted out *fingers crossed*

Too bad I missed out on the donation/raffle, and esteban in Maine!? I forgot you said you were visiting, I'm still living in Wiscasset too! :(
Holy cr*p! I had coffee in Wiscasset a bunch of times, too!!!!

I biked from Pemaquid Point Lighthouse to Lake Pemaquid a bunch of times, cutting through Wiscasset (or am I thinking of some other little town?)

Regardless, I certainly had coffee in Wiscasset's "downtown" area, though.

:pcgs:

BlueBMW

Maine is a beautiful state.  I want to visit there again.  Acadia park, Bar Harbor... man such nice places to visit.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 09:00 AMMaine is a beautiful state.  I want to visit there again.  Acadia park, Bar Harbor... man such nice places to visit.
Yup. I used to camp up near Acadia. Now, with kids, the camping needs to be a shorter car van-ride away. Mid-Maine is the longest *barely* bearable distance from NJ.

:pcds:

BlueBMW

Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2012, 09:18 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/28/2012, 09:00 AMMaine is a beautiful state.  I want to visit there again.  Acadia park, Bar Harbor... man such nice places to visit.
Yup. I used to camp up near Acadia. Now, with kids, the camping needs to be a shorter car van-ride away. Mid-Maine is the longest *barely* bearable distance from NJ.

:pcds:
What about the Berkshire area in western Massachusetts?  That might be a bit closer, though maybe not as nice as Maine.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

incrediblehark

Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2012, 06:49 AMRegardless, I certainly had coffee in Wiscasset's "downtown" area, though.
Hmm, was it Treats? thats the only thing close to coffee shop downtown I can think of. If so I live like a minute away, across from Red's Eats, right in all the traffic.

esteban

Quote from: incrediblehark on 07/28/2012, 12:38 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2012, 06:49 AMRegardless, I certainly had coffee in Wiscasset's "downtown" area, though.
Hmm, was it Treats? thats the only thing close to coffee shop downtown I can think of. If so I live like a minute away, across from Red's Eats, right in all the traffic.
Red's Eats! I remember passing that!  Is that on the "main" road that cuts through town?

MottZilla

I'm glad to hear that perhaps all this may finally be resolved in the near future. Talking to someone that isn't basically a PR guy certainly is the way to go. Talking through someone as a middleman is stupid when it is something technical going on.

incrediblehark

Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2012, 01:20 PMRed's Eats! I remember passing that!  Is that on the "main" road that cuts through town?
thats right!

Bernie

esteban

Quote from: incrediblehark on 08/01/2012, 04:11 PM
Quote from: esteban on 07/28/2012, 01:20 PMRed's Eats! I remember passing that!  Is that on the "main" road that cuts through town?
thats right!
Hahhahahaha. :pcgs:

BACK ON TOPIC: Rover has informed me that the CD pressing plant is closed for the next 4-5 weeks (apparently, it is a Wiccan holiday--solstice?--sort of thing). The Mysterious Song project will resume in September.

Keranu

I have still received no emails from Brian, though they should be preparing a new check disc this week.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

VestCunt

Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2012, 05:47 PMBACK ON TOPIC: Rover has informed me that the CD pressing plant is closed for the next 4-5 weeks (apparently, it is a Wiccan holiday--solstice?--sort of thing). The Mysterious Song project will resume in September.
You lie like a rug.
Topic Adjourned.

Keranu

For once I have FANTASTIC news!

I was surprised to see another package in my mail box today addressed to Frozen Utopia, it was the check disc! I didn't even think they had the disc ready yet, let alone shipped it!

I booted it up and played it and ta-da! It says Frozen Utopia on the boot up! This is our game alright. I messed around with it, testing all the languages and game modes and everything seems to work fine so far. Also, I must add, that the game looks amazing on the real set up, even with my crappy TV! I'll play around with it some more and listen through all the redbook before I send it to CrackTiger for further testing.

Will also be doing the raffle soon!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Bernie

cabbage

Yay! How exciting--it must have been wonderful to discover such an unexpected surprise in your mailbox :)

Equuskia

I'm not surprised. If that check disc wasn't in your hands today like I was told, they would have gotten another lovely phone call tomorrow. They are safe....for now...
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Sadler

OldMan

Just for future reference....
Can you rip the check disc, and compare it against the iso used to make the master?
I'd like to know if there are -any- differences....

Mathius

TheClash603

I knew it would get done.

My vagina has moistened.  Now insert completed MSR!

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

henrycsc

I just wanted to personally thank Rover's wife. 

You are awesomesauce!
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

VestCunt

WOW. MSR made it onto a real CD. Fuck yeah. Barring any errors on Black Tiger's units, TG-CD gaming lives in 2012.
Topic Adjourned.

Bernie

Mishran

Guess this means we *might* see this in our mailboxes by end of August to early/mid September? Great news regardless. Nice to see this make it to the next step.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

VestCunt

Quote from: Bernie on 08/02/2012, 01:03 AMI doubt there will be any more issues.  :)
I don't want to jinx it, but, given their track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they mess up the artwork and packaging. A lot of replicators have cut corners and quality control to offer stupid indy bands a rock-bottom price for their 1,000 CD's that will never be sold.

I've pressed music CDs with two different replicators in MN. One shop stapled the booklets crooked, the other printed a two-panel insert the same on each side. Both had to open all of the CDs, reprint the art, and repack everything. Such mishaps turn out fine in the end, but we should continue to expect delays.
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/01/2012, 06:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/01/2012, 05:47 PMBACK ON TOPIC: Rover has informed me that the CD pressing plant is closed for the next 4-5 weeks (apparently, it is a Wiccan holiday--solstice?--sort of thing). The Mysterious Song project will resume in September.
You lie like a rug.
Like I said, Mysterious Song in September. :pcgs:

soop

esteban

Quote from: soop on 08/02/2012, 05:23 AM
Quote from: Duo_R on 08/01/2012, 10:28 PMYou have a "man-gina"

:shock: :shock: :shock:
AHM OLD GREG!
You ever drink Baileys from a shoe?
That was a great show. Surreal. I should re-watch every episode because I know I must have missed one or two. I hope I missed one or two.

Equuskia

From what I understand, the printing is finished. What was delayed was the disc itself. And if I see one pixel out of place there will be more phone calls...
IMG

soop

Quote from: esteban on 08/02/2012, 07:09 AMThat was a great show. Surreal. I should re-watch every episode because I know I must have missed one or two. I hope I missed one or two.

4 words:  Noel Fielding's Luxury Comedy.

takes a while to get going, but it grows on you.  The Adventures of Joey Ramone is a good sketch.  Ahh Joey Ramone.

CrackTiger

Quote from: VestCunt on 08/02/2012, 02:24 AM
Quote from: Bernie on 08/02/2012, 01:03 AMI doubt there will be any more issues.  :)
I don't want to jinx it, but, given their track record, I wouldn't be surprised if they mess up the artwork and packaging. A lot of replicators have cut corners and quality control to offer stupid indy bands a rock-bottom price for their 1,000 CD's that will never be sold.

I've pressed music CDs with two different replicators in MN. One shop stapled the booklets crooked, the other printed a two-panel insert the same on each side. Both had to open all of the CDs, reprint the art, and repack everything. Such mishaps turn out fine in the end, but we should continue to expect delays.
They actually lined up the artwork pretty off center with their first sort of test example mockup. Even though they have some pretty ridiculously specific templates which were a bitch to fit everything within. The final examples they gave looked good though and the images were designed with some margin for error.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Equuskia on 08/02/2012, 07:35 AMFrom what I understand, the printing is finished. What was delayed was the disc itself. And if I see one pixel out of place there will be more phone calls...
You can expect some (~50 copies to have slight printing imperfections), but the print quality is very nice.  Anyone who has Insanity could tell you that.     There are a few copies I have here with a little white dot or two on the printing.  It's only noticeable because the whole insert is black.    It doesn't matter though.  It's not like I'll ever sell out.

Also expect some jewel cases to get smashed up on the way during shipping.   It's pretty unavoidable, and it's mostly UPS' fault.

NecroPhile

Woot!  Good to hear those Texans are finally getting their shit together.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan