OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sparky

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2012, 07:58 PMHahaha... That is nuts... Speaking of which, Fifty if you sell the one I sent you I will dick kick you :P
It's already sold.  That was my auction, I just used a stock image.  Hurry up and send me the hu card I don't want to get a negative rating.  Better yet, could you just ship it to the person that bought it for me?  :lol:

Not a chance I'm selling Bonk 3.  I'll play it until it is worn out.

Quote from: guesthttp://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item1c2aa175bd&item=120974308797&nma=true&pt=Video_Games_Games&rt=nc&si=IzRUwIfXZzE6ZvGVcRsYx%252BY7KOE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_500wt_1204
Shipping:  Not Available to Canada.   ](*,)

Why does it seem like everyone in the USA is scared to ship over the border?  Americans in New York will ship to the tip of Florida or the west coast of California, but they won't ship to Toronto.  :?

Was that a BIN?  I can never figure out how to see the original auction after it's ended.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/27/2012, 09:01 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/27/2012, 08:57 PMhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item1c2aa175bd&item=120974308797&nma=true&pt=Video_Games_Games&rt=nc&si=IzRUwIfXZzE6ZvGVcRsYx%252BY7KOE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Damn, Hope you picked this one up!  Unbelievable.
Yeah, and once I get it, I'm going to relist it on Ebay for $635.25. It won't sell at that price, but I'll list it every week anyway.

j/k. I wish I picked this up, would make going for a TG fullset easier.  Plus, I made a TAS of this game, so I have a particular affection for it and its horrible engrish.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: esadajr on 08/28/2012, 04:10 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-PC-ENGINE-FAN-DELUXE-VOL1-2-3-Super-Rare-DEMO-CDs-ONLY-TurboGrafx-CD-Duo-/261079226360?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3cc988d7f8

Demos discs yay!
Once again "only played maybe once then stored in new condition for 20 years!"

"PC ENGINE! JAPAN IMPORT! COMPLETE!" = "CD's ONLY"

The price per disc works out to more than the mags go for complete with the discs.

Best line: "Great for any collector!"
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperPlay

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2012, 07:13 PMBest line: "Great for any collector!"
Dam, I best pick these up quick then ;-)

turboswimbz

My favorite was, and god wish I had taken a screen shot, "Perfect for that collector who likes MINT items"  the next line was this "some small tears to manual and box has minor scatches"
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Loose "like new" card with hideous DVD case and
"THIS HUCARD DOES HAVE SOME STICKER RESIDUE ON THE BACK AND SOME YELLOWING BUT I THINK THAT JUST MAKES THIS GAME LOOK COOLER"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Splatterhouse-TurboGrafx-16-/271046218252?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1b9d120c
Topic Adjourned.

KnightWarrior

I have Street Fighter 2 CE in a DVD Case, I think it looks cool to me..

SuperPlay

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2012, 01:50 PMLoose "like new" card with hideous DVD case and
"THIS HUCARD DOES HAVE SOME STICKER RESIDUE ON THE BACK AND SOME YELLOWING BUT I THINK THAT JUST MAKES THIS GAME LOOK COOLER"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Splatterhouse-TurboGrafx-16-/271046218252?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1b9d120c
The cover is from this site:  http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cover_id=11702

esadajr

at least he didn't say "it adds character"
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

If it were in a regular black DVD case instead of a garish green xbox one, I wouldn't mind that case.  It's better than nothing anyhow.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SMF

Quote from: guest on 08/29/2012, 01:50 PMLoose "like new" card with hideous DVD case and

Maybe i should pick it up and add cut my hand and drizzle some blood and it and toss it back on eBay as the OMG RARE BLOODY LIMITED EDITION SPLATTERHOUSE GAME WITH REAL HUMAN BLOOD.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

bob

Not turbo related, but I have been on the hunt for sega cd Snatcher. Somebody has one on the bay for $340. I asked the guy if he was serious with that price. He responded that he didn't want to sell it but saw how high it has been going for and is "shooting for the moon".

FiftyQuid

Quote from: SMF on 08/30/2012, 03:12 AMMaybe i should pick it up and add cut my hand and drizzle some blood and it and toss it back on eBay as the OMG RARE BLOODY LIMITED EDITION SPLATTERHOUSE GAME WITH REAL HUMAN BLOOD.
You'd get more money if you said you killed someone with it.

Mathius

Quote from: galam on 08/30/2012, 01:27 PMNot turbo related, but I have been on the hunt for sega cd Snatcher. Somebody has one on the bay for $340. I asked the guy if he was serious with that price. He responded that he didn't want to sell it but saw how high it has been going for and is "shooting for the moon".
That is twice the going rate for that game. I'd offer him much less.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/09/2012, 06:11 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/09/2012, 06:07 PMThe thing is, shilling up an item does you no good if there isn't a serious bidder at the top. Otherwise, you are stuck with the sellers fees for an item you didn't actually sell. (Yes, there is a work-around).
It does plenty of good as 'proof' of what a game is supposedly worth when it is relisted.
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 08/09/2012, 12:08 AM
Quote from: bartre on 08/08/2012, 11:45 PMmotorshops seems like a reseller, but i wasn't able to find wingsfire1973, wonder what's up with that.
anywho, it's not like anyone is going to pay that realistically, there's got to be a catch, esp. since there's BIN listings for waaaaaay cheaper.
Looking at motorshops feedback  - looks like it was paid, because the seller has already left feedback.  Who knows? Maybe motorshops is sitting on a case of Sinistrons and wants to create an illusion of demand..
Since that boxed Sinistron is no longer on eBay's listed completed items, and was never relisted, it appears the auction was legitimate.

The paranoia here that the entire auction was fabricated just to create demand, was just silly.  It would have had to have been relisted when the auction was still available on Ebay to actually affect the market.  While I've grown to appreciate some of the hate here, the paranoia that every auction that goes for a ridiculous amount is a network of evil resellers is just borderline insanity.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 08/30/2012, 09:50 PMSince that boxed Sinistron is no longer on eBay's listed completed items, and was never relisted, it appears the auction was legitimate.

The paranoia here that the entire auction was fabricated just to create demand, was just silly.  It would have had to have been relisted when the auction was still available on Ebay to actually affect the market.  While I've grown to appreciate some of the hate here, the paranoia that every auction that goes for a ridiculous amount is a network of evil resellers is just borderline insanity.
You're kidding right?  It was never relisted so it was a legit auction?  If anything I think you just proved it wasn't worth the Sellers time to relist it.  I watch a lot of auctions with no intention of ever bidding on most of them just to follow the "market value".  Many of them don't sell and are never relisted.

turboswimbz

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/30/2012, 10:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/30/2012, 09:50 PMSince that boxed Sinistron is no longer on eBay's listed completed items, and was never relisted, it appears the auction was legitimate.

You're kidding right?  It was never relisted so it was a legit auction?  If anything I think you just proved it wasn't worth the Sellers time to relist it.  I watch a lot of auctions with no intention of ever bidding on most of them just to follow the "market value".  Many of them don't sell and are never relisted.
Yep, I second this!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/30/2012, 10:19 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/30/2012, 09:50 PMSince that boxed Sinistron is no longer on eBay's listed completed items, and was never relisted, it appears the auction was legitimate.

Uh... It sold. To a buyer. Everyone claimed "The auction was just a fake auction to make it look like it was worth that much!"

No. Someone paid that amount, because they thought it was worth that.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

motdelbourt

I don't know if I would call it gouging exactly because the starting price was much lower, but Dungeon Explorer the 2nd just went for $373. I kind of wanted this one for nostalgic reasons and was watching it, but watched in bemusement as it went from 180-200-250-300-373 in the last few minutes. I just hope it went to someone who will enjoy it.

I'd be really happy if a "promo only" (ahem) pressing or something of the translated version showed up for $40-50.

Meanwhile a sealed JP version languishes for a quite reasonable price.

DildoKKKobold

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Xray

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2012, 01:17 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-1993-Complete-for-the-Turbografx-16-System-Rare?item=140840185921&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1707225061898107938

GENTLEMEN!

Start your engines of hate, this one is going high.
I like how sellers say "No returns for any reason other than DOA !"
Little do they know that if a buyer demands a refund, they will get it ,,, For very little reason, or no reason at all.
If the seller refuses, paypal will just freeze his pp account, and the bank account its tied to, until he pays up.
The only way he could get away with not refunding is to immediately withdraw the funds of both accounts into his pocket, and sacrifice his bank, paypal and ebay accounts - Something that a 1,000 fb seller is unlikely to want to do.

I sold an identical item 3 years ago, in fact, may be the same one, who knows.
I'd be nervous selling something like this on ebay, too many ways to get scammed.

motdelbourt

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2012, 01:17 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-1993-Complete-for-the-Turbografx-16-System-Rare?item=140840185921&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1707225061898107938

GENTLEMEN!

Start your engines of hate, this one is going high.
I feel like I've been "scared straight" from my flirtation with Turbob collecting by looking at these auctions. There's so many more worthwhile things in life to do with 1k, and that's the starting bid.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

syphic

Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/30/2012, 09:50 PMWhile I've grown to appreciate some of the hate here, the paranoia that every auction that goes for a ridiculous amount is a network of evil resellers is just borderline insanity.
You're 100% correct: eBay is always the free market in action and there's no such thing as shill bidding, fake auctions, or price gouging.  Now please get out of this thread and go fuck yourself.

tggodfrey

Well, I have 2 grand i am going to use to buy this and then i am going to fuck the seller by claiming fraud through paypal.  Time to show the gougers who is really fucking who!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Keith Courage

But he isn't gouging if people are bidding higher than his starting price on it. I bet the price would be around the same even if the seller had started the auction at $1 instead of $1000. Can't complain about what others are willing to pay.

syphic

Im kinda confused. So the gentlemen who runs this site throws up his Magical Chase on Ebay and its Congratulations and Hi-fives all around but when someone else decides to throw their Magical Chase on ebay its Eff him, rip him off, and ruin his auction?
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

Xray

Obviously not gouging, probably thrown in here because of the "ebay" in the title - And I sure hope that comments made about screwing this guy are made in jest.
Would be a bit much to expect the guy to come here and raffle it ,,, If he did, we'd likely see it on ebay the next week after the raffle.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/31/2012, 01:25 PMBut he isn't gouging if people are bidding higher than his starting price on it.
Self imposed gouging is still gouging, and it's often the result of perceived values based on crazy starting prices / BINs.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2012, 01:46 PM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/31/2012, 01:25 PMBut he isn't gouging if people are bidding higher than his starting price on it.
Self imposed gouging is still gouging, and it's often the result of perceived values based on crazy starting prices / BINs.
He started this at $1K with no reserve. Knowing full well this would not sell for under $1K, please explain how this is self-imposed gouging.

CrackTiger

Quote from: syphic on 08/31/2012, 01:30 PMIm kinda confused. So the gentlemen who runs this site throws up his Magical Chase on Ebay and its Congratulations and Hi-fives all around but when someone else decides to throw their Magical Chase on ebay its Eff him, rip him off, and ruin his auction?
Pretty much.

This latest auction is a great deal, since the box alone is worth $1650.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

syphic

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2012, 02:30 PM
Quote from: syphic on 08/31/2012, 01:30 PMIm kinda confused. So the gentlemen who runs this site throws up his Magical Chase on Ebay and its Congratulations and Hi-fives all around but when someone else decides to throw their Magical Chase on ebay its Eff him, rip him off, and ruin his auction?
Pretty much.

This latest auction is a great deal, since the box alone is worth $1650.
This is why I love this fourm!

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 08/31/2012, 01:53 PMHe started this at $1K with no reserve. Knowing full well this would not sell for under $1K, please explain how this is self-imposed gouging.
Because people bid it up to where it's at now.

It's still sold new for $149.99 shipped (or save $20 and skip the useless save feature), but who wants a deal on a lovely 128mb NeoFlash?  It's a mere $135.98 starting price or $155.98 BIN (shipped)!

QuoteUp for auction/sale today is an extremely rare and hard to find collectible for the Turbo Grafx 16 console. If you are at all familiar with the everdrives or the nes powerpak, then you know what this bad boy can do and how sweet it is. The best part about buying here is you are getting it from a USA seller who will include tracking information instead of ordering with a credit card from Asia and waiting over a month with no tracking information. What makes this better at the moment then it's everdrive counterpart is that this one is complete in a turbo grafx 16 hu card. The current everdrive version is just a bare pcb board which is much more fragile. Do yourself a favor and bid or buy it today before someone else does, this kind of piece surely won't last long. This piece comes brand new and ready to play. Setup is simple as can be, even a child could use it. Instructions are included. If you win the auction, please pay in a timely manner and i will ship your item out to you the same or next business day and i will include a tracking number for delivery conformation. Thanks for looking, happy bidding, and please check out my other items up for auction for more great finds. I will be listing much more in the coming weeks from a huge collection spanning decades so check back often.
-  bullshit bits bolded for teh lulz  -

Arkhan Asylum

LOL

what a stupid dick.   

You should bold the "complete in a turbo grafx hu card" part too

Its supposed to say TURBO CHIP
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

motdelbourt

turboswimbz

Quote from: motdelbourt on 08/31/2012, 10:08 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/150891133156?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

I offered him 40 bucks for it. Got my fingers crossed.
Did you see his other stuff? What a Dick. He's from my neck o woods. I've got a kick in his balls saved up. 800 for Chrno trigger? 65 for pokemon red blue and cyrstal? Wtf?

jperryss

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/31/2012, 10:25 PM
Quote from: motdelbourt on 08/31/2012, 10:08 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/150891133156?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649

I offered him 40 bucks for it. Got my fingers crossed.
Did you see his other stuff? What a Dick. He's from my neck o woods. I've got a kick in his balls saved up. 800 for Chrno trigger? 65 for pokemon red blue and cyrstal? Wtf?
But just think of how rare that price sticker is! It might be the only one left in existence.

Bardoly

Quote from: Keith Courage on 08/31/2012, 01:25 PMBut he isn't gouging if people are bidding higher than his starting price on it. I bet the price would be around the same even if the seller had started the auction at $1 instead of $1000. Can't complain about what others are willing to pay.
^^This.

Dyna138

Ouch that Magical Chase is up to $1825.00 with five days left.

I haven't seen an MC up on ebay in while let alone a complete one so it'll be very interesting to see what this one eventually sells for. My bets on $2500!

Xray

Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/01/2012, 09:58 PMOuch that Magical Chase is up to $1825.00 with five days left.

I haven't seen an MC up on ebay in while let alone a complete one so it'll be very interesting to see what this one eventually sells for. My bets on $2500!
I think it will top $3k.

tggodfrey

Quote from: Xray on 09/01/2012, 10:02 PM
Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/01/2012, 09:58 PMOuch that Magical Chase is up to $1825.00 with five days left.

I think it will top $3k.
I am willing to bet it goes higher....there are pretty dumb people out there.  do i smell a wager here?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Xray

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/01/2012, 10:40 PM

I think it will top $3k.
I am willing to bet it goes higher....there are pretty dumb people out there.  do i smell a wager here?
Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/01/2012, 10:40 PM

I think it will top $3k.
I'd be willing to wager it tops 3k ... How far up you think it would go ?