OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

16-bit

Quote from: glazball on 09/14/2012, 08:28 AMIf you sold one for under $300, why add $200 on top of that?

I bought a boxed Turbo Stick from you several months ago and was very happy with our transaction, but it's gouging like this that leaves a sour taste in my mouth.  Now I hesitate to ever do business with you again.  I thought you were one of the good guys.

Just sayin.....  people notice stuff like this.
Several reasons for the price listed on eBay:

-The game has gone higher than 300 on eBay in the past.
-Selling on eBay is a real pain (especially in the past couple years) and I prefer to sell offline--especially at conventions, so I am actually not concerned if it sells or not within the next 2-3 weeks.
-The game is in spectacular condition for a US Turbo Duo game. It is not tough to find PC Engine titles in Mint condition, but US releases are a different story.

My email is in this thread if someone is serious about buying the game and wants to make a counter offer, please do so.  Otherwise, I will most likely take it off eBay just before the end of the month for Retro Gaming Expo in Portland.  I'm actually holding onto most of my current pc engine stock offline for that show.  It is on par with the Midwest Gaming Classic and brings thousands of attendees.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/13/2012, 09:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/13/2012, 08:26 PMIt's kinda nice that you're willing to haggle, but why do you have to gouge? Why set an unprecedented BIN and let it sit there for months? Exactly what service are you providing to humanity by setting up an LLC and buying a kids toy for $100+ and trying to flip it for $500? You're a parasite.
Actually, I probably won't let it sit there for months. I have Retrogaming Expo coming up the end of this month  and I will probably pull it and bring it to that event.  I sold a majority of my pc engine/tg16 stock at the show last year, and I prefer to sell most of my inventory outside of eBay at events like the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, Midwest Gaming Classic, TooManyGames, Magfest if at all possible.  Although it costs about the same as ebay fees when you factor in airfare, hotel, shipping, and table fees, it is way more fun to sell and haggle to people in person and  talk about turbo grafx gaming during the slow moments of the show.

Personally, as a fellow Turbo Grafx gamer, if I was going to zero in on "parasites" I would start by policing the forums since you guys cut each other amazing deals and treat each other like family (especially compared to other video game forums). I would be seriously pissed off if there were any businesses using the goodwill of the pcefx forums to gather inventory.
Oh so I'm guessing you are the guy who tried to sell a Turbo Grafx CD drive at the Portland show for $400 last year. There were truly some amazing deals last year but that one stuck out like a sore thumb.

16-bit

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/14/2012, 09:49 AMOh so I'm guessing you are the guy who tried to sell a Turbo Grafx CD drive at the Portland show for $400 last year. There were truly some amazing deals last year but that one stuck out like a sore thumb.
That was not me (especially if the guy had hair--I am completely bald LOL).

Anyway, the only Turbo/PC Engine hardware I had at the show last year was a few Avenue Pads and a Boxed Super Grafx (which I sold for $180 as part of a package deal).  I'm located just outside of Washington DC and I don't take CD systems with me across the country as they are too fragile and too expensive to ship.   

I mainly bring software to the show.  Hope to see you there!

tggodfrey

Guys I paid 250.00 for cotton on this site...........
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 09:58 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/14/2012, 09:49 AMOh so I'm guessing you are the guy who tried to sell a Turbo Grafx CD drive at the Portland show for $400 last year. There were truly some amazing deals last year but that one stuck out like a sore thumb.
That was not me (especially if the guy had hair--I am completely bald LOL).

Anyway, the only Turbo/PC Engine hardware I had at the show last year was a few Avenue Pads and a Boxed Super Grafx (which I sold for $180 as part of a package deal).  I'm located just outside of Washington DC and I don't take CD systems with me across the country as they are too fragile and too expensive to ship.   

I mainly bring software to the show.  Hope to see you there!
There was a lot more than that bud, though the Supergrafx was an awesome deal, I wasn't looking for that at the time. I ended up trading my White Japanese Saturn with Castlevania for a complete U.S Duo straight up over at Video Game Wizards booth. Anyway, this event is going to be almost double the size from the one last year and I hope to find good deals again and not $500 copies of Cotton.

bob

500 would be stupidly outrageous.  His is a steal at 499.  

It sold this week with a high bid of 230.
Please adjust accordingly (ie, less than 230)

16-bit

Quote from: galam on 09/14/2012, 12:26 PM500 would be stupidly outrageous.  His is a steal at 499. 

It sold this week with a high bid of 230.
Please adjust accordingly (ie, less than 230)
Feel free to email me an offer: carlson@mad-gear.com

Obfuscate

Man, I thought I got ripped when I bought a sealed Cotton for $125 a few years back. I opened and played mine though and love the game so I wouldn't ever sell it. Honestly though I've bought from 16-Bit on Ebay when I feel the price is right for a game I really want. It's one thing to be patient, it's another to try to wait possibly years to find a game $10-20 cheaper that I want to play now. $500 for Cotton seems outrageous though. Anyway, glad you offered your email. I may have to look at your stuff and see if I can get a bundlle at a good deal.

NecroPhile

$500 is a gouge job for Cotton.  Period.

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 01:07 PMFeel free to email me an offer: carlson@mad-gear.com
This isn't a for sale thread, so please take it elsewhere.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

16-bit

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2012, 01:59 PM$500 is a gouge job for Cotton.  Period.

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 01:07 PMFeel free to email me an offer: carlson@mad-gear.com
This isn't a for sale thread, so please take it elsewhere.
Noted. 

However as I stated in a previous post in this thread, I really prefer to stay out of the sales forums on this site in general both as a buyer and seller.  This thread seemed like the best place to reply that I am open to negotiation for large orders and/or items that are marked high.   I apologize if my responses ended up conveying that I am trying to push COTTON specifically--that was not my original intention (I was using it more as an example).

VestCunt

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 09:46 AM-The game has gone higher than 300 on eBay in the past.
Just because one person on the entire planet paid an obscene amount, doesn't mean $300 (used) is the new base price. Not that it didn't happen, but again, there's no record of any sales much over $200 on pricecharts.com. Even using average ebay sales to appraise items is highly suspect.

Quote-Selling on eBay is a real pain (especially in the past couple years) and I prefer to sell offline--especially at conventions, so I am actually not concerned if it sells or not within the next 2-3 weeks.
What, free advertising to everyone in the world isn't convenient enough for you? I can't even figure out the logic this point plays in your defense. Are we supposed to sympathize with you because "yeah, ebay sucks. Who wants to sell on there anyway? Better price it high so you can take it down in a few weeks and don't have to hassle."

What you're doing is planting seeds for later inflation.  You know it's not going to sell and people will scoff, but when they see it suddenly become "no longer available" they'll start to wonder what if it really sold for $500. Then all you need is a couple months of scarcity before people get desperate and $500 becomes the new price. You're trying to make Cotton the next runaway witch on the inflation broomstick.
Quote-The game is in spectacular condition for a US Turbo Duo game. It is not tough to find PC Engine titles in Mint condition, but US releases are a different story.
Condition might be relevant if you were talking about Super Air Zonk, but nice copies of Cotton aren't a big deal. TZD had spare manuals for $3.50 until 2006 or so. They also had unadvertised, sealed copies for trusted customers all the way until the end that were eventually turned over to Red Frog. Then some euro sellers liquidated a bunch of sealed copies in 2007. Telegames had sealed copies until 2008.

The average ebay price is $200. The real value is probably $150. The gouger price is $300. $500 is insane scumbag market manipulation. Again, you bought the game for $100 plus, what makes you think you're entitled to flip it for $500? Exactly what service are you providing? Why does anyone need a middle man like you when they have the internet? Please, try to answerer this question. As a young child, did you discover your unique talent for buying neighbors' lemonade and flipping it to chumps for $10 a Dixie cup? Or maybe you got a degree in... uh... collectibles speculation and you're just following your career. Or maybe you interned at an ebay consignment shop and decided this is what you love to do? You're obviously a talented individual with unique gifts, please tell me what I can do to make my living profiting off people on this forum!

I guess it's nice that you pay lip service to our little community and our deals here and you can pat yourself on the back that you once sold a copy of Cotton at the lower, gouger price and that you're willing to entertain offers, but you're an absolute gouger, through and through.
Topic Adjourned.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Obfuscate on 09/14/2012, 01:12 PMMan, I thought I got ripped when I bought a sealed Cotton for $125 a few years back. I opened and played mine though and love the game so I wouldn't ever sell it. Honestly though I've bought from 16-Bit on Ebay when I feel the price is right for a game I really want. It's one thing to be patient, it's another to try to wait possibly years to find a game $10-20 cheaper that I want to play now. $500 for Cotton seems outrageous though. Anyway, glad you offered your email. I may have to look at your stuff and see if I can get a bundlle at a good deal.
I sold a sealed Cotton with a tear in the seal a few years back for $70. At the time, top end eBay prices were as much as $150.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

16-bit

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2012, 02:52 PM
Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 09:46 AM-The game has gone higher than 300 on eBay in the past.
Just because one person on the entire planet paid an obscene amount, doesn't mean $300 (used) is the new base price. Not that it didn't happen, but again, there's no record of any sales much over $200 on pricecharts.com. Even using average ebay sales to appraise items is highly suspect.

Quote-Selling on eBay is a real pain (especially in the past couple years) and I prefer to sell offline--especially at conventions, so I am actually not concerned if it sells or not within the next 2-3 weeks.
What, free advertising to everyone in the world isn't convenient enough for you? I can't even figure out the logic this point plays in your defense. Are we supposed to sympathize with you because "yeah, ebay sucks. Who wants to sell on there anyway? Better price it high so you can take it down in a few weeks and don't have to hassle."

What you're doing is planting seeds for later inflation.  You know it's not going to sell and people will scoff, but when they see it suddenly become "no longer available" they'll start to wonder what if it really sold for $500. Then all you need is a couple months of scarcity before people get desperate and $500 becomes the new price. You're trying to make Cotton the next runaway witch on the inflation broomstick.
Quote-The game is in spectacular condition for a US Turbo Duo game. It is not tough to find PC Engine titles in Mint condition, but US releases are a different story.
Condition might be relevant if you were talking about Super Air Zonk, but nice copies of Cotton aren't a big deal. TZD had spare manuals for $3.50 until 2006 or so. They also had unadvertised, sealed copies for trusted customers all the way until the end that were eventually turned over to Red Frog. Then some euro sellers liquidated a bunch of sealed copies in 2007. Telegames had sealed copies until 2008.

The average ebay price is $200. The real value is probably $150. The gouger price is $300. $500 is insane scumbag market manipulation. Again, you bought the game for $100 plus, what makes you think you're entitled to flip it for $500? Exactly what service are you providing? Why does anyone need a middle man like you when they have the internet? Please, try to answerer this question. As a young child, did you discover your unique talent for buying neighbors' lemonade and flipping it to chumps for $10 a Dixie cup? Or maybe you got a degree in... uh... collectibles speculation and you're just following your career. Or maybe you interned at an ebay consignment shop and decided this is what you love to do? You're obviously a talented individual with unique gifts, please tell me what I can do to make my living profiting off people on this forum!

I guess it's nice that you pay lip service to our little community and our deals here and you can pat yourself on the back that you once sold a copy of Cotton at the lower, gouger price and that you're willing to entertain offers, but you're an absolute gouger, through and through.
I'm going to let you have the last word.  I wish you the best with your turbo gaming and collecting.

turboswimbz

hmmmm ....

Winner and still champion of the gamer . . .  Vestcunt.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Quote from: 16-bit on 09/14/2012, 04:14 PMI wish you the best with your turbo gaming and collecting.
Thanks. Best of wishes to you in the wider world.
Topic Adjourned.

esadajr

I have a crazy idea.

Having 20 or so of us cooperating to get this US Cotton for Chris aka spida1a. It would help if 16bit is willing to come down on the price (perhaps ~300).

One of the veterans (PCEnginefx, Bernie, Tggodfrey, etc) would collect the $ and pay 16bit.
Gaming since 1985

FiftyQuid

Quote from: esadajr on 09/16/2012, 05:37 PMI have a crazy idea.

Having 20 or so of us cooperating to get this US Cotton for Chris aka spida1a. It would help if 16bit is willing to come down on the price (perhaps ~300).

One of the veterans (PCEnginefx, Bernie, Tggodfrey, etc) would collect the $ and pay 16bit.
spida1a doesn't have this already?  If 16bit comes down, I would gladly throw $20 in for the cause.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

motdelbourt

You mean this Cotton?

Emerald Rocker

I think that's a great idea, but with one little twist.  Instead of saving up to get Cotton for this Spida dude, you can cooperate to get it for me.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

tpivette

I still cant believe these guys are sticking with their gouging prices on these system 3.0 cards...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-TurboGrafx-16-1989-US-Version-/130767937799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e72606107

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-TurboGrafx-16-1989-US-Version-/130767937799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e72606107

I mean, they havent sold in months, and yet they still re-advertise the same prices. Doesnt make sense...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

turboswimbz

Quote from: tpivette on 09/16/2012, 08:02 PMI still cant believe these guys are sticking with their gouging prices on these system 3.0 cards...
I mean, they havent sold in months, and yet they still re-advertise the same prices. Doesnt make sense...
While your drag run is very impressive, saw it in the whips thread, (seriously great run and time).  It might be overkill to post it twice in the gouging thread.  LOL.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tpivette

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/16/2012, 08:04 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 09/16/2012, 08:02 PMI still cant believe these guys are sticking with their gouging prices on these system 3.0 cards...
While your drag run is very impressive, saw it in the whips thread, (seriously great run and time).  It might be overkill to post it twice in the gouging thread.  LOL.
What?? Didnt post it in the gouging thread... posted about the system 3.0 card in this thread. Did it come out different?

EDIT: crap. I accidentally posted double youtube videos of my Vette's run instead of the ebay system 3.0 card ads... thats what 6 shots of grey goose will do to you... haha. Fixed now!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

FiftyQuid

I'm watching that one as well.  He's reposted the listing so many times I've lost count.  I liked it better when they had Make An Offer too.  At least I could send three $1 offers and then send them again when it was reposted.   :twisted:

I'm sure the Seller see's a bunch of people watching and is just waiting for one of us to pull the trigger on it.  Hell will freeze over before that happens.

CrackTiger

Why not just avoid the trap that all gougers bank on and simply buy one for hundreds less some time other than RIGHT NOW? From what was written in recent posts here, the record gouging price for Cotton on eBay is around $200. Why help them drive it up further?

Better yet, if you want to do this for Chris/spida1a, why not simply send him the identical PC Engine version which tops out as high as $70 on eBay? The review would literally be no different.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2012, 09:26 PM

Why not just avoid the trap that all gougers bank on and simply buy one for hundreds less some time other than RIGHT NOW? From what was written in recent posts here, the record gouging price for Cotton on eBay is around $200. Why help them drive it up further?

Better yet, if you want to do this for Chris/spida1a, why not simply send him the identical PC Engine version which tops out as high as $70 on eBay? The review would literally be no different.
I am pretty sure he already did that episode. The one he wants may be for a friend.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 09/16/2012, 09:32 PMI am pretty sure he already did that episode. The one he wants may be for a friend.
Well then it still works out pretty good that the PCE version is still much cheaper.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/17/2012, 01:14 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/16/2012, 09:32 PMI am pretty sure he already did that episode. The one he wants may be for a friend.
Well then it still works out pretty good that the PCE version is still much cheaper.
And much better IMO. I mean, I love how you can have English subtitles and have spoken Japanese in this version of that game.
Anyway, I dunno if this has been posted or not but this idiot still thinks he can sell a brand new turbo duo for $3500 and its "VGA graded"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-CD-System-TurboGrafx-BRAND-NEW-95-GOLD-LEVEL-VGQuality-/320982807488?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4abc10f3c0

Bernie

Actually, Bucci needs it for himself.  He went to play it not too long ago, and the game disc had cracked.   :(  I sent him an image of the game so he could rip some tunes from it.  He had basically already done the play-through for his review, just needed some tunes from the game.  I also suggested that he get the pc engine version, since it is literally the same game, but he actually wants to try and find a US release.  I dunno tho, with the price it is going for now, he may just settle for a pc engine one now.  :)

esadajr

Chris' disc broke not so long ago. From the collector/nostalgia stand point he would require a US version disc.
Gaming since 1985

CrackTiger

Quote from: esadajr on 09/17/2012, 11:42 AMChris' disc broke not so long ago. From the collector/nostalgia stand point he would require a US version disc.
Well, from a collector/nostalgia standpoint, he can still hold the case, disc and manual in his hands and look them over. The novelty of playing the game can be remedied by popping in the PCE version.

reno5

turboswimbz

Quote from: reno5 on 09/19/2012, 12:52 PMWOW

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dragon-Spirit-TurboGrafx-16-1989-/130765137141?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e7235a4f5

Ok 15$ for a case is already a lot, but 55$ for shipping ! DAMN !
It's becuase He's shipping it priorty mail internationaly, so even to Canada it's crazy, to the States it's a lot cheaper, but still way to high.

reno5

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/19/2012, 05:57 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dragon-Spirit-TurboGrafx-16-1989-/130765137141?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e7235a4f5

It's becuase He's shipping it priorty mail internationaly, so even to Canada it's crazy, to the States it's a lot cheaper, but still way to high.
I know but i do have to pay that shipping fee if I want it.  Shipping to Canada kills the deals in 80% of the time.

Shipping from Canada to the USA is cheap. So i don't know why it is so high the other way around.

I shipped a game to Australia for less than 5$ and it is all the around the world.

LostFlunky

Quote from: reno5 on 09/20/2012, 09:36 AM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/19/2012, 05:57 PM

I know but i do have to pay that shipping fee if I want it.  Shipping to Canada kills the deals in 80% of the time.

Shipping from Canada to the USA is cheap. So i don't know why it is so high the other way around.

I shipped a game to Australia for less than 5$ and it is all the around the world.
There are cheaper options, the seller just isn't interested enough to do the homework to include them.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: reno5 on 09/20/2012, 09:36 AMI know but i do have to pay that shipping fee if I want it.  Shipping to Canada kills the deals in 80% of the time.

I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe some pro-sellers on eBay have expensive shipping to Canada for one of two reasons;

1) They don't want to ship to Canada and a high price to ship deters Canadians from bidding on their auctions.
2) eBay holds onto the $$$ until the item is received by the Buyer and provides zero protection to the Seller for item shipped into Canada.

NecroPhile

International shipping is usually sky high because the cheaper options don't allow for any sort of tracking, meaning the seller is SOL if a buyer decides to fuck 'em and say it never arrived.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DejahThoris

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2012, 11:17 AMInternational shipping is usually sky high because the cheaper options don't allow for any sort of tracking, meaning the seller is SOL if a buyer decides to fuck 'em and say it never arrived.
This, this entirely.  Sent a game to Singapore this week.  $5.15 was my total cost first class, shipping it priority international was some $42 if I remember correctly.  And shipping it UPS was $75... I will always remember that one because the guy at the UPS store was fighting with me over shipping it first class as UPS was the superior shipping system and how dare I ship it USPS.  Even after I told him it was a $30 game he was still adamant that I ship it UPS and actually refused my sale.  Had to go to the other side of town to the post office despite the UPS store doing USPS shipments...

RoyVegas

Quote from: DejahThoris on 09/20/2012, 12:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/20/2012, 11:17 AMInternational shipping is usually sky high because the cheaper options don't allow for any sort of tracking, meaning the seller is SOL if a buyer decides to fuck 'em and say it never arrived.
This, this entirely.  Sent a game to Singapore this week.  $5.15 was my total cost first class, shipping it priority international was some $42 if I remember correctly.  And shipping it UPS was $75... I will always remember that one because the guy at the UPS store was fighting with me over shipping it first class as UPS was the superior shipping system and how dare I ship it USPS.  Even after I told him it was a $30 game he was still adamant that I ship it UPS and actually refused my sale.  Had to go to the other side of town to the post office despite the UPS store doing USPS shipments...
I would think he did that because they get money if you ship UPS but if you shipped USPS they're basically wasting their time helping you.  Money was the motivation, not who is actually provides superior shipping.
All is well. :)

turboswimbz

As FQ said, I don't ship to canada, Becuase I can't be sure it arrives without shipping priority mail, as for some reason I can't get a shipping tracking number for most first class international packages, which means that if the seller brings a case against me I'm shit out of luck.  This also means that my Canadian buyers can't afford to have my items shipped. 

JapanTokei

I can't believe this.. since when did DE2 US go for $400+???  WTF?  it ended at $460!  That's basically Dynastic Hero territory!

this person's MM3 ended just below 200.. I thought it was tolerable but DE2... wow

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221123806010?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

tpivette

DE2 was a $150 game on ebay just a few months ago. Then suddenly, for reasons unknown, its auctions seemed to end at double that price.

I wasn't gonna pay $150 for it a few months ago... now theres NO chance I'll ever own that game

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

LostFlunky

Quote from: tpivette on 09/21/2012, 10:09 PMDE2 was a $150 game on ebay just a few months ago. Then suddenly, for reasons unknown, its auctions seemed to end at double that price.

I wasn't gonna pay $150 for it a few months ago... now theres NO chance I'll ever own that game
Mine was bid up to ~$150 in July - I notice that one of the bidders on mine doubled his max for this $460 one... can't tell who the other players are though.

glazball

Jeez, I just saw what DE2 ended at this morning, and I'm amazed and disgusted.  Some idiot obviously just HAD TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!!!1!
glazball's game collection and wantlist

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

Mathius

sirhcman

Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2012, 09:01 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/22/2012, 08:26 PMThis box just sold this morning for 127.00 same picture different auction and now its just listed at 124.00.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-BOX-ONLY-RARE-No-System-/120989715510?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c2b8c8c36

Here is the completed auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-BOX-ONLY-RARE-No-System-/120986261453?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c2b57d7cd
Unless he has two boxes this is a case to be brought before eBay.
Could be shenanigans but the new auction states:

Up for auction the box and manual to arguably the rarest system of all time the turbo duo Nec turbo 16 grafx!! Box has some creases and ware and paint I would say a 6 out of 10 but everyone's opinion is different I'm by no way qualified to grade this. I did my best to picture imperfections if you want more pictures or any questions feel free to ask! Happy bidding! One More time No System!!! Just the box!!!! BOX ONLY!!! Impulse buy at the last minute before reading has caused me to relist the item.

tggodfrey

I know i saw that.  I call shenanigans.  He bids his own auction up with alt ID then bases the new price off that giving you the impression its worth it but the last buyer flaked out.
Games currently in play:

sirhcman

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/22/2012, 09:42 PMI know i saw that.  I call shenanigans.  He bids his own auction up with alt ID then bases the new price off that giving you the impression its worth it but the last buyer flaked out.
I see that all the time on these turbo auctions, its very depressing!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2012, 09:33 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2012, 09:01 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/22/2012, 08:26 PMThis box just sold this morning for 127.00 same picture different auction and now its just listed at 124.00.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-BOX-ONLY-RARE-No-System-/120989715510?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c2b8c8c36

Here is the completed auction
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-BOX-ONLY-RARE-No-System-/120986261453?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c2b57d7cd
Unless he has two boxes this is a case to be brought before eBay.
Could be shenanigans but the new auction states:
 turbo duo Nec turbo 16 grafx!!
I had no idea that was what the Duo was actually called. Even NEC couldn't get the name right.

bob

I see terraforming is up on eBay right now at $202.50. Seller has 0 feedback and a copy of beyond shadowgate up also.  :-k