OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Anyone purchase from Retro-Access before?

Started by DejahThoris, 10/02/2012, 10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DejahThoris

Purchased a handful of RGB Scart cables from retro-access.com after reading about the quality of their products.  It's now two weeks later and no order confirmation, package, no reply to e-mail or their contact us form.  I even started a PayPal dispute (not escalated) to try and get their attention, but no reply...  Anyone else have this kind of experience?

Gogan

No, but I'd continue with the dispute and just get your money back on principle. No way to run a business.
Nothin beats the real thing.

Drakon

Wow, I don't open disputes until 1 month after my purchases.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

Gogan

When someone is using multiple avenues to contact your business and they go unanswered for weeks, I'd want a refund on principle. Doubt they are scamming, jus lazy f :-& cks who obviously don't want my money

DejahThoris

Quote from: Drakon on 10/03/2012, 07:44 AMWow, I don't open disputes until 1 month after my purchases.
If they're not answering their e-mail or the on-site contact form, what do you do then?  I didn't escalate it, so PayPal's not investigating anything, it's just a big "HEY! Over here!".

Quote from: Gogan on 10/03/2012, 08:04 AMWhen someone is using multiple avenues to contact your business and they go unanswered for weeks, I'd want a refund on principle. Doubt they are scamming, jus lazy f :-& cks who obviously don't want my money
True, but there's not exactly a large market for RGB cables for old consoles.  I don't know where else to get them aside from there, or vastly overpaying on eBay.

Gogan

I hear ya. Might wanna hang tight for another week or two then. I just get pissed off seeing businesses run that way. You shouldn't wait more than a day for a response, especially after you ordered.

DejahThoris

Quote from: Gogan on 10/03/2012, 10:07 AMI hear ya. Might wanna hang tight for another week or two then. I just get pissed off seeing businesses run that way. You shouldn't wait more than a day for a response, especially after you ordered.
And today I escalated the dispute as I got impatient, then within two hours heard back and the seller has had a family crisis etc and they've just sent out my  order and are scrambling to catch up...  The timing seems just a little too perfect to me...  No DC# still either.

Deletion

The woman behind retro-access.com is also a forum member (pcenginesales). The most recent thread about her site was also about a bad transaction: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=11723.0

NecroPhile

Not that it's an excuse for lack of communication and failing to ship in a timely manner, but keep in mind that this business is likely something she does in her spare time and not a full time job.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Frank_fjs

I've had similar issues, with a lack of communication and orders not being processed in a timely manner. Everything has always ended well though, and her cables work great.

DejahThoris

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2012, 10:55 AMNot that it's an excuse for lack of communication and failing to ship in a timely manner, but keep in mind that this business is likely something she does in her spare time and not a full time job.
That's understandable.  I wish she wouldn't put on the site that cables are shipped out within 24 hours though.  Just be honest with people, if it's not your full-time gig then put that in the FAQ.  I ordered some custom labels from gamereproductions with the understanding that he takes care of orders in batches.  Nothing wrong with that because it's well-documented in the ordering process.

Hopefully the cables will be in soon.  Thanks to thesteve my DuoRX came in today with cable, but my SNES and genny still need some RGB cable lovin'.

Also, interesting to see she goes by "Rachel"...  Everything I have says "Drew".

GohanX

IIRC, pcenginesales was a couple, not just one individual. The guy did the modding while the lady did the sales/shipping.

I've ordered twice, and didn't really have much communication either but I think I had my cables after a week or so on both occasions. I wouldnt' hesitate to order again, but reading things like this thread do disturb me a little.

Drakon

I do console modding in my very scarce amount of spare time.  But I always make sure to stay in constant contact with my clients and always keep them up to date.

Quote from: guest on 10/04/2012, 10:55 AMNot that it's an excuse for lack of communication and failing to ship in a timely manner, but keep in mind that this business is likely something she does in her spare time and not a full time job.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."