10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

FS: nice boxed and region modded PC Engine Duo -SOLD-

Started by pixeljunkie, 09/17/2012, 04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeljunkie

little to no yellowing [see pics] Works perfectly, never played burns on it. Region modded by D-Lite. Box only, no styrofoam or manual.

$260 shipped in the US via PP gift or add 4%

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

sirhcman

pixeljunkie

pixeljunkie

Dlite apparently charged me heavily for this, based on what ive heard from you guys. Im open to reasonable offers on this one.

Bardoly

Since it comes with the box, that doesn't seem like too bad of a price, but I don't know...

Trenton_net

In my humble opinion, the price should include shipping. There are popular Japanese sellers who sell these units RGB modded as well as region modded for around $200. Add $75 for shipping from Japan, and you've got the same asking price. Not trying to detract from this nice console, but it might be why not many people are biting. I'd say since this unit is not RGB modified, it should probably go for about $150 + shipping, or around $200 shipped in the US. Probably about $20-$30 more internationally.

DejahThoris

Quote from: Trenton_net on 09/23/2012, 02:24 AMIn my humble opinion, the price should include shipping. There are popular Japanese sellers who sell these units RGB modded as well as region modded for around $200. Add $75 for shipping from Japan, and you've got the same asking price. Not trying to detract from this nice console, but it might be why not many people are biting. I'd say since this unit is not RGB modified, it should probably go for about $150 + shipping, or around $200 shipped in the US. Probably about $20-$30 more internationally.
1. This one is boxed, most of the Japanese sellers don't sell them boxed.
2. He's already stated that he was charged heavily and willing to hear offers.
3. Even fat PS3's don't cost $50 to ship domestically, a Duo certainly doesn't.

Keith Courage

It also has the original controller, AV cable and power supply. Usually it's difficult to get those original items with a system.

tpivette

There are actually 3 boxed Duo Rs for sale on ebay right now from Japanese sellers... ranging from $200 - $220 BIN. Some of them have the "make offer" option, so they could potentially be cheaper.

Also, Doujindance regularly offers Duo Rs with region mod/RGB mod/new lens, and cleaned to whiteness perfection for $210.

Shipping a boxed console in the continental US shouldn't exceed $30 - $35 MAX.
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

BlueBMW

Pixel Junkie's an awesome seller, if that's important to anyone :wink:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

He said he is asking exactly what he paid for it.  I dont think its too bad a price considering it has the box, original controller and hookups plus a region mod.  Only I would do differently is ship anywhere USA for free.

PCEngineHell

I am half and half on this. In comparing to items sold in Japan its hard to not want to bring up the fact that you'd also be charged for Sal or EMS shipping rates, and that EMS can be expensive, but also work in your favor if you order a lot of games included with the item from the same seller. Here in the USA, I have been able to send 40lbs computers in 22x22x18 size boxes full of extra packing material to either Ny or California for about $36.00 to $39 insured. Obviously the bulk of that cost is due to the sheer weight of the item, so something like a Duo system wouldn't even begin to compare in shipping cost. It would be best to just pre-pack it, weight it, and send a exact quote amount to save from any confusion.

All that being said, I would be hard pressed to either endorse, or scrutinize, Deans work quality on the region mod, but am opting to mention that on a Coregrafx purchased from him the mod work came undone some during shipping and I had to repair it, and also had to repair a Supergun that he built that was sent to me to work on. If nothing else I would just state that due to that I would take extra precautions in regards to packing material to ensure that the item arrive safe and sound.

To me, from a users standpoint, the box being included does not equal a cost difference of buying a RGB modded system that probably had a new laser installed also. From a collectors standpoint that is probably going to differ some. To me I would say $180 shipped would be a reasonably decent asking price for a boxed unmodded deck.

DejahThoris

Quote from: tpivette on 09/23/2012, 05:59 PMThere are actually 3 boxed Duo Rs for sale on ebay right now from Japanese sellers... ranging from $200 - $220 BIN. Some of them have the "make offer" option, so they could potentially be cheaper.

Also, Doujindance regularly offers Duo Rs with region mod/RGB mod/new lens, and cleaned to whiteness perfection for $210.
Actually none of the boxed ones on eBay are modded in any sense, and Doujindance's Duo-R's at $210 aren't boxed.

Trenton_net

In all honesty, I appreciate some people like items boxed, but I would hazard a guess a large portion of people care more about the system (and condition) more than the box. In terms of weighing how much to spend anyways. Don't get me wrong, I do feel for pixeljunkie and with him trying to recover his costs, but I don't know if I agree with passing the buck to another PC engine collector just because he had an unfortunate deal. But I do give him +1 for being flexible for sure.

Frank_fjs

In the case of this Duo-R here, I don't think it will attract much attention from collectors willing to pay a premium for boxed and complete items due to the missing manual and inner packaging. For this reason, I feel the price is a little high.

The region mod is a bonus but not as important as an RGB mod or new CD lens being fitted.

Looking at the current market on eBay in Japan:

A loose Duo-R with original controller, AV cable & PSU will set you back $225 delivered via EMS

A boxed & complete Duo-R will set you back $270 delivered via EMS

A loose Duo-R with new lens, RGB/region mod etc will set you back $285 delivered via EMS.

I'm not sure what local shipping for the item being sold here would be, but will just estimate it at $30.

So when you look at all the data, this Duo-R which is costing you $305 isn't the best deal around. I think that $250 delivered within the US would be a fair price which should get it moving pretty quickly.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: Frank_fjs on 09/23/2012, 10:01 PMIn the case of this Duo-R here, I don't think it will attract much attention from collectors willing to pay a premium for boxed and complete items due to the missing manual and inner packaging. For this reason, I feel the price is a little high.

The region mod is a bonus but not as important as an RGB mod or new CD lens being fitted.

Looking at the current market on eBay in Japan:

A loose Duo-R with original controller, AV cable & PSU will set you back $225 delivered via EMS

A boxed & complete Duo-R will set you back $270 delivered via EMS

A loose Duo-R with new lens, RGB/region mod etc will set you back $285 delivered via EMS.

I'm not sure what local shipping for the item being sold here would be, but will just estimate it at $30.

So when you look at all the data, this Duo-R which is costing you $305 isn't the best deal around. I think that $250 delivered within the US would be a fair price which should get it moving pretty quickly.
true. I was coming here to actually lower this to $260 shipped in the US.

pixeljunkie

thesteve

i can confirm the $30 domestic shipping.

DejahThoris

pixeljunkie