OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

gameboy micro stuff?

Started by c0ldb33r, 10/06/2012, 02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c0ldb33r

Does anyone have GB micro stuff for sale?

In particular I'm hoping for new face plates but let me know if you have anything else?
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

SignOfZeta

This stuff is hard to find. Even Nintendo has run out of replacement parts for Micro. Kinda sucks...

The good news is that the systems are very undervalued so you can buy nice used ones for $20-30.
IMG

HercTNT

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/07/2012, 02:34 AMThis stuff is hard to find. Even Nintendo has run out of replacement parts for Micro. Kinda sucks...

The good news is that the systems are very undervalued so you can buy nice used ones for $20-30.
Pretty much, most I have ever found is used face plates. Zeta's right about being undervalued. there Is a pawn shop a few towns over from me that has a stack of micro's for $30

jperryss

Quote from: HercTNT on 10/07/2012, 11:09 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/07/2012, 02:34 AMThis stuff is hard to find. Even Nintendo has run out of replacement parts for Micro. Kinda sucks...

Pretty much, most I have ever found is used face plates. Zeta's right about being undervalued. there Is a pawn shop a few towns over from me that has a stack of micro's for $30
I have an SP and never owned a Micro, but have always wanted to pick one up. I remember checking eBay (this had to be about a year ago) and the Micro stuff seemed to fetch higher prices than the others ($50-60 for unit+charger, compared to $20-30 for an SP+charger). Even now they still seem a bit high.  If I could find a nice one w/charger for under $40 I'd snap it up in a minute.

Actually is the Micro charger the same the SP uses? I've already got one of those.

DejahThoris

Quote from: jperryss on 10/07/2012, 01:31 PM

I have an SP and never owned a Micro, but have always wanted to pick one up. I remember checking eBay (this had to be about a year ago) and the Micro stuff seemed to fetch higher prices than the others ($50-60 for unit+charger, compared to $20-30 for an SP+charger). Even now they still seem a bit high.  If I could find a nice one w/charger for under $40 I'd snap it up in a minute.

Actually is the Micro charger the same the SP uses? I've already got one of those.
I don't have an SP to check, but I'm 95% sure they're different.

Do the faceplates have the plastic in front of the screen attached to them?  My screen plastic has a gouge in it that makes playing most games near impossible...

TheClash603

I recommend playing the Game & Watch collection on the GB Micro.  I don't know why, but every time I put that combination together, it is gaming bliss.

csgx1

Quote from: DejahThoris on 10/07/2012, 01:49 PM

I have an SP and never owned a Micro, but have always wanted to pick one up. I remember checking eBay (this had to be about a year ago) and the Micro stuff seemed to fetch higher prices than the others ($50-60 for unit+charger, compared to $20-30 for an SP+charger). Even now they still seem a bit high.  If I could find a nice one w/charger for under $40 I'd snap it up in a minute.

Do the faceplates have the plastic in front of the screen attached to them?  My screen plastic has a gouge in it that makes playing most games near impossible... 
Micro charger is different than the SP. 

Faceplates do have a clear plastic window that covers/protects the actual lcd screen. 

I've learn to live with a crack on my faceplate since they seem hard to find for a decent price now days.  I remember just a few years ago Nintendo was selling the official black or silver faceplates for $5 a piece.  I'm a little surprised that no 3rd party company hasn't flooded the market with aftermarket faceplates, considering there's a demand for them.

HercTNT

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/07/2012, 02:57 PM
Quote from: DejahThoris on 10/07/2012, 01:49 PM

Micro charger is different than the SP. 

Faceplates do have a clear plastic window that covers/protects the actual lcd screen. 

I've learn to live with a crack on my faceplate since they seem hard to find for a decent price now days.  I remember just a few years ago Nintendo was selling the official black or silver faceplates for $5 a piece.  I'm a little surprised that no 3rd party company hasn't flooded the market with aftermarket faceplates, considering there's a demand for them.
agreed. i just bought a new faceplate for my nomad and the guy that sells them makes custom faceplates for damn near everything but the micro. i wonder if they are hard to replace. i don't own one so i don't know.

sparkychan

Quote from: jperryss on 10/07/2012, 01:31 PMActually is the Micro charger the same the SP uses? I've already got one of those.
The Micro charger is smaller in size than the original SP Advance uses. Here is a screenshot with a comparison.

IMG

Quote from: DejahThoris on 10/07/2012, 01:49 PMDo the faceplates have the plastic in front of the screen attached to them?  My screen plastic has a gouge in it that makes playing most games near impossible... 
Yeah, the LCD is covered by the faceplate as well. You can remove the faceplate to see how the LCD screen looks by following the guide provided by Nintendo.

Nintendo Gameboy Micro - Faceplate

SignOfZeta

The Micro is vastly more expensive to make than the SP and was pretty much a flop, this is why the parts are so hard to find. There are some aftermarket faceplates, but they are rare. All you have to do is hold a Micro and you can instantly tell how much more lux it is.

There was a special faceplate for Super Robot Wars J as a pre-order bonus, and maybe Mother 3 as well. I can't remember.

Didn't Micros all come with a spare face plate (other than the FC version)? It's odd you guys need them so bad. What do you do with systems that don't have interchangeable faceplates?

As for the chargers, the Micro charger is unique, unfortunately. I have an OEM one and a USB one that came with a black and silver Micro I bought at a local store for $25.
IMG

c0ldb33r

Agreed about the lack of third party face plates. I think the only way to get more is to buy new micros. :(
Member of the F@ck EBAY Club

TheClash603

Quote from: c0ldb33r on 10/07/2012, 06:38 PMAgreed about the lack of third party face plates. I think the only way to get more is to buy new micros. :(
Just get the anniversary edition.  You will have the best looking faceplate at that point and there will be no reason to ever change it.

Arkhan Asylum

I always regret not buying a Micro when they were everywhere.   

They are jawesome.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

soop

I got 3, and I've had an eBay alert set for ages for new faceplates, and I haven't seen much.  You get vinyl covers, but obviously it's not thew same thing.

For some reason people charge like £30 average on eBay, but with patience, I've picked up all 3 of mine (including a scratched up famicom version) for around £10.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

PikachuWarrior

I've also been looking off and on (ebay, amazon, etc) for a few years, but haven't seen any. A few popped up for $30 + shipping but that was way too much for them.
IMG

SignOfZeta

I don't think $30 is a lot to pay for a really nice one.
IMG

Deletion

I bought a new Game Boy Micro in June for $85. It turned out to be the Japanese version, but it plays NA games fine since the hardware is not region locked.

csgx1

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 10/10/2012, 03:23 PMI don't think $30 is a lot to pay for a really nice one.
Agree, $30 for one is not bad at all considering they use to retail for $99.  I picked up mine for around $30 a few years ago.

When I first got a micro, I was surprised by the build quality and the excellent design.   The system is tiny, and it's amazing how Nintendo designed the gba cart to fit flush inside the micro and not stick out (eg Sega Nomad).

PikachuWarrior

Oh, sorry was talking about the faceplates. I got a micro several years ago from Craigslist for $20 including the charger and Golden Sun (1). That's what initially got me into GBA games.
IMG

soop

know what?  There's one on eBay right now for £5, plus £2 p&p.  I was like "score!"... and then realised it was about £2 cheaper than a whole unit.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

jperryss

I've had no luck finding a Micro at a decent price on eBay, CL, even a few local shops.

If any of the folks in this thread have access to one locally at a non-crazy price and wants to help out a fellow pcefx'er, PM me. :)

SignOfZeta

Frankly, if I found another one for $20 or so I'd probably just add it to the collection. I'm greedy for these suckers!

I would trade it for a super clean silver GB Pocket though. Finding one of those in decent nick is getting to be almost impossible.
IMG

munchiaz

i really want to add a micro to my collection. I want to buy the FFIV micro but i havent been able to find it

Digi.k

arggh I got this urge to buy a gameboy micro too... but i want one complete with box and instructions...  dunno if I should opt for the famicom version it's kinda expensive here

Digi.k

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/12/2012, 08:33 PMi really want to add a micro to my collection. I want to buy the FFIV micro but i havent been able to find it
Did that version get released in the West ?  I know there is a japanese one for sale on ebay

SignOfZeta

Yeah, they sold the FC version in the US. It was discounted below the price of the regular version at some places for some time.
IMG

munchiaz

The ff 4 version was only released in japan

jperryss

SignOfZeta

IMG

munchiaz

i think it looks awesome. Dont have any extra cash for one right now though

PukeSter

I don't need a Gameboy Micro, but it would probably be great for playing the Famicom Mini games. After all, it did come out on the 20th Anniversary of the Famicom. :)