Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

Quote from: RoyVegas on 10/19/2012, 04:57 PMIMG
Damn!  Look at that virgin stack of sealy's waiting to be stripped of their virtues.  =P~
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DildoKKKobold

www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/290798072162?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b4ea7162&autorefresh=true

QuoteI wont accept offers this is for auction only.  The Game is in near mint shape, the clear front case cover may have some scuffs from sliding around in a box.

I do reserve the right to end the auction early if the game meets a price i find acceptable.  I was never a fan of last minute bidding.  The last Dynastic hero i sold went for 251.00 and I felt that was a fair price and I wasnt going to be available to ship the game as the auction ended due to leaving town for a wedding on the last day of the auction.  I will not do a buy it now option.  Auction only.

Weird, so he ended the last one a day early... What a bizarre fellow.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 02:28 PMwww.ebay.com/itm/The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/290798072162?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b4ea7162&autorefresh=true

QuoteI wont accept offers this is for auction only.  The Game is in near mint shape, the clear front case cover may have some scuffs from sliding around in a box.

I do reserve the right to end the auction early if the game meets a price i find acceptable.  I was never a fan of last minute bidding.  The last Dynastic hero i sold went for 251.00 and I felt that was a fair price and I wasnt going to be available to ship the game as the auction ended due to leaving town for a wedding on the last day of the auction.  I will not do a buy it now option.  Auction only.

Also used the same image on both auctions.  Would not do that with a high value item... Kinda strange...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/22/2012, 02:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 02:28 PMwww.ebay.com/itm/The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/290798072162?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item43b4ea7162&autorefresh=true

Also used the same image on both auctions.  Would not do that with a high value item... Kinda strange...
Sounds like a jackass to me. I wouldn't pay nowhere near $251 for it and I hope people are smart enough to do the same.

LostFlunky

NecroPhile

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/22/2012, 03:03 PMSounds like a jackass to me. I wouldn't pay nowhere near $251 for it and I hope people are smart enough to do the same.
That's getting closer to what I'd pay for it... much closer than the $500-600 that some have sold for anyway.   8-[
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/22/2012, 03:03 PMSounds like a jackass to me. I wouldn't pay nowhere near $251 for it and I hope people are smart enough to do the same.
Really? He ended the auction early, totally screwing the $500 snipers that were probably waiting till the last second. (And, in someways, he screwed himself out of $300 possible more dollars.)

You are calling him a jackass for selling it early, for a lower price than he would have gotten, on bids that were placed by the buyers, not the seller. The price of $251 was set by the BUYERS, not the seller.

Jeez. Common sense.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 04:54 PM
Really? He ended the auction early, totally screwing the $500 snipers that were probably waiting till the last second. (And, in someways, he screwed himself out of $300 possible more dollars.)

You are calling him a jackass for selling it early, for a lower price than he would have gotten, on bids that were placed by the buyers, not the seller. The price of $251 was set by the BUYERS, not the seller.

Jeez. Common sense.
No common sense would be selling it on these forums without the gouged price, not on ebay. There is a reason why we have a f*ck ebay club.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/22/2012, 04:58 PMNo common sense would be selling it on these forums without the gouged price, not on ebay. There is a reason why we have a f*ck ebay club.
Wait, it is common sense to sell it for less than he is able to get for it? And that is common sense because you have a club? Your logic is masterful. I HAVE A CLUB! SELL ME TURBOGRAFX STUFF FOR CHEAP! OTHERWISE I WILL CALL YOU A JACKASS AND WHINE ABOUT PRICES!

Also, "gouging."

IMG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

QuotePrice gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair.

THE SELLER PRICES. Not the buyers in an open auction, the seller.  The seller started the item (i.e. priced the item) at $10. The rest of the price determination was done by buyers. But, please, continue to use words wrong. Its amusing.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

Great. An internet troll explaining the definition of "price." I'm still confused. If only he'd given a link to wikipedia!
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: VestCunt on 10/22/2012, 05:35 PMGreat. An internet troll explaining the definition of "price." I'm still confused. If only he'd given a link to wikipedia!
Ah, yay, the angry short man shows up! You fail at reading comprehension. Here, I'll help you out. Here is the definition of price.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price

And, while we are in the mood to define things, lets put on some mood music, and define internet troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I'm not a troll, just because I show the silliness of the Fuck Ebay club. You seem to be the one to get inflammatory, and yet I'm the troll.

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DipshitKobold on 10/22/2012, 05:24 PMWait, it is common sense to sell it for less than he is able to get for it? And that is common sense because you have a club? Your logic is masterful. I HAVE A CLUB! SELL ME TURBOGRAFX STUFF FOR CHEAP! OTHERWISE I WILL CALL YOU A JACKASS AND WHINE ABOUT PRICES!

Also, "gouging."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_gouging

QuotePrice gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair.

THE SELLER PRICES. Not the buyers in an open auction, the seller.  The seller started the item (i.e. priced the item) at $10. The rest of the price determination was done by buyers. But, please, continue to use words wrong. Its amusing.
Apparently you're too stupid to understand that we (the patrons of this thread) consider self-imposed gouging to be gouging by virtue of the buyer having based his/her approximation of value on never sold BINs, shill bid inflated end values, or some other foolish metric.  Whether you agree with this idea or not is entirely irrelevant, as this is my goddamn thread and I get to make the rules.

You don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

How many times must I say this?!?

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/22/2012, 05:49 PMOh man, I'm new here and not looking to make enemies...
Bravo, you're a gouger; and I don't give a hoot about your reasoning, as everyone has bills to pay.  We don't need another guy telling us that it's all on the buyer's shoulders and that there's no such thing as gouging, so please take it elsewhere.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:10 PMYou don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

No thanks. Until someone with authority actually speaks, I'll continue to point out the stupidity of terms like "self-gouging," and the blatant hypocrisy in this thread. Last I checked, you weren't king of this forum, and general forum etiquette does not say that "the topic starter gets to dictate exactly what is posted in an open thread." You sound like a petulant child, and because he isn't getting his way, will pack up his toys and take them home so the other children can't play with them. Stop acting like you own this thread, because you don't. 

Also, I think it is necessary for a sane voice to be in here, because there seems to be a handful of users that can only can cuss and name call at newbies, which is not good for any forum. I doubt the actual moderators and owners want the old timers constantly screaming at new members of the community, scaring them off.

Nulltard, don't worry, this juvenile "MY THREAD MY THREAD" activity is not an indicator of normal activity here, and I've had some great interactions with people here who don't act this way. Not surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 06:10 PMYou don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

No thanks. Until someone with authority actually speaks, I'll continue to point out the stupidity of terms like "self-gouging," and the blatant hypocrisy in this thread. Last I checked, you weren't king of this forum, and general forum etiquette does not say that "the topic starter gets to dictate exactly what is posted in an open thread." You sound like a petulant child, and because he isn't getting his way, will pack up his toys and take them home so the other children can't play with them. Stop acting like you own this thread, because you don't. 

Also, I think it is necessary for a sane voice to be in here, because there seems to be a handful of users that can only can cuss and name call at newbies, which is not good for any forum. I doubt the actual moderators and owners want the old timers constantly screaming at new members of the community, scaring them off.

Nulltard, don't worry, this juvenile "MY THREAD MY THREAD" activity is not an indicator of normal activity here, and I've had some great interactions with people here who don't act this way. Not surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
Whatever happened to play games just to play games? $200+ for a game that I can just burn or play on a emulator is just insane. Especially considering I remember seeing it on Turbo Zone Direct for $30 brand new not even 15 years ago. Hell GameDude doesn't even have it for that much (although they probably don't have it in stock). http://www.gamedude.com/turbog.html

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMNo thanks. Until someone with authority actually speaks, I'll continue to point out the stupidity of terms like "self-gouging," and the blatant hypocrisy in this thread. Last I checked, you weren't king of this forum, and general forum etiquette does not say that "the topic starter gets to dictate exactly what is posted in an open thread." You sound like a petulant child, and because he isn't getting his way, will pack up his toys and take them home so the other children can't play with them. Stop acting like you own this thread, because you don't. 
So you're going to continue to flout the rules and go off topic?  This thread is for the posting and discussion of eBay auctions, not for discussion of whether or not gouging exists.

And as the thread starter, I do think there's some responsibility to try to keep the topic from getting out of hand; it's not like anyone else is going to do it for me.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMAlso, I think it is necessary for a sane voice to be in here, because there seems to be a handful of users that can only can cuss and name call at newbies, which is not good for any forum. I doubt the actual moderators and owners want the old timers constantly screaming at new members of the community, scaring them off.
We keep hearing this from whiny douchebags like you, but it's patently false.  The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of new users come in and feel welcome - it's just the mouthy clowns like you than come in and tell everyone to change that cry when nobody wants to be their friend or wants to sell them anything.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMNulltard, don't worry, this juvenile "MY THREAD MY THREAD" activity is not an indicator of normal activity here, and I've had some great interactions with people here who don't act this way. Not surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
Sure, chief.  How many games have you sold here for below eBay pricing or given away for free?  Zero?

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:52 PMSo you're going to continue to flout the rules and go off topic?  This thread is for the posting and discussion of eBay auctions, not for discussion of whether or not gouging exists.

And as the thread starter, I do think there's some responsibility to try to keep the topic from getting out of hand; it's not like anyone else is going to do it for me.
BigusSchmuckus called the auction a gouge. I pointed out two ways that classification was false, both by the seller's action, as well as the very definition of gouging. I don't see how that can be classified as anything other than a discussion of an ebay auction. You somehow turned it into the meta-discussion of gouging. Apparently, the only thing on-topic to you is posts that agree with your worldly perspective. Sorry, but once again, you fail at definitions.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:52 PMWe keep hearing this from whiny douchebags like you, but it's patently false.  The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of new users come in and feel welcome - it's just the mouthy clowns like you than come in and tell everyone to change that cry when nobody wants to be their friend or wants to sell them anything.
#1, it is deliciously ironic you claim I'm the rule violator. Here, let me quote a rule for you.

QuoteFoul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.
You've now called me a "whiny douchebag," repeatedly called me "clown" and nullify a "gouger." Oh, and your buddy VestCunt called me a "dickbag." You want to talk rules? How about having a conversation without resorting to cutesy insults?

#2, the only whining I see is coming from you, regarding the price of ebay items.

#3, I have not had any problems with people unwilling selling me things here. Like I said, I've had wonderful interactions here, and none of them are from people who are members of your anti-ebay club. Quit making stuff up to support your argument.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:52 PMSure, chief.  How many games have you sold here for below eBay pricing or given away for free?  Zero?
Zero, but I'm also not the one whining about ebay gougers, and how everything should be sold here, cheaply. You missed the point of this argument.

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/22/2012, 06:39 PMWhatever happened to play games just to play games? $200+ for a game that I can just burn or play on a emulator is just insane. Especially considering I remember seeing it on Turbo Zone Direct for $30 brand new not even 15 years ago. Hell GameDude doesn't even have it for that much (although they probably don't have it in stock). http://www.gamedude.com/turbog.html
There is sort of a conflict here... Like you said, if it were just about playing games, people could burn them, or use the cool-as-hell turbo everdrive. The people paying $200 for a CD place a huge amount of value on having the original media. Like you said, if it were just about playing the game, having the original media wouldn't matter.

This is what I don't understand - people realize that any TG16 game can now easily be played, on the original hardware, with minimal fuss or investment. Thus, it is really just to people who value having an original copy of a game, which, no matter how you look at it, is collecting. Anyone here who wants an original copy of magical chase on some level values the media. It just comes down to a debate of how much you think it is worth, not whether or not it does have intrinsic value.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sadler

tggodfrey

you guys are rediculous on so many levels complaining like this.  Your mad because DH sells for 5-600 on ebay then when someone ends it early so that it only sells for 250. you cry just as much.  its even more funny on a level you dont realize yet.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

glazball

And what's funnier is there's no way that seller ended his auction of his first copy of DH early at 250.  He's almost certainly lying (and a jerk for calling everyone bidding "fools") because someone made him an offer he took.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 08:02 PMBigusSchmuckus called the auction a gouge. I pointed out two ways that classification was false, both by the seller's action, as well as the very definition of gouging. I don't see how that can be classified as anything other than a discussion of an ebay auction. You somehow turned it into the meta-discussion of gouging. Apparently, the only thing on-topic to you is posts that agree with your worldly perspective. Sorry, but once again, you fail at definitions.
Gimme a break.  Your post was not solely about that single auction and was obviously more of a general snipe at this thread and the f@ck eBay club, and your reponse to being called a troll proves this point - "I'm not a troll, just because I show the silliness of the Fuck Ebay club."

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 08:02 PM#1, it is deliciously ironic you claim I'm the rule violator. Here, let me quote a rule for you.

QuoteFoul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.
You've now called me a "whiny douchebag," repeatedly called me "clown" and nullify a "gouger." Oh, and your buddy VestCunt called me a "dickbag." You want to talk rules? How about having a conversation without resorting to cutesy insults?
Try reading the entire rule.  It's foul language in the form of an insult that's against the rules, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone outside of an Amish school room that would classify clown, gouger, whiny, or even douchebag as 'foul language'.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 08:02 PM#2, the only whining I see is coming from you, regarding the price of ebay items.
You're free to leave this thread at any time.  Nobody will miss you.

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 08:02 PMZero, but I'm also not the one whining about ebay gougers, and how everything should be sold here, cheaply. You missed the point of this argument.
I did get your point, doofus.  My point was that I (and many other users of this thread) have sold games here for reasonable prices and/or given games away, thus blowing your theory that none of us sell stuff here right out of the water.

CrackTiger

Quote from: DarkKkobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:10 PMYou don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

How did you figure this out? It must have taken a lot if time and detective work. As far as I can tell, it could only be one or two people. You obviously don't literally mean THE "handful" of "whiners", since I know some of them have done some super deals and free giveaways. So who are the handful of hypocrites among the handful of whiners?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMNot surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
What. Are. You. Talking. About.

First, Fuck-Ebay-Club founder Sparky is a generosity machine; up there with giants like Blue BMW and Bernie. Contemptible, gouging-thread starter NecroPhile? He orchestrates the Secret Santa. I've raffled, freebied, and my TG sales BITD were priced dirt cheap and sold out very fast. Where are your sale threads? As a new member, this should be the point in your collecting career when you're buying lots and selling extras.

Second, your logic is retarded. Anti-gougers are the least likely to hop on good deals. We're obviously not resellers hoarding the goods and most often we're grodnards who've had plenty of time to check off our want lists. I completed my TG wantlist years ago and I've bought three PCE games this year, all BIN's that weren't unusually cheap. We bitch because we have a historical perspective to compare to today's inflation and market manipulation. If you're looking for a scapegoat for your collecting failures and ineptitude, blame the spring chickens running around with holes in their pockets: alexduo, wolfsaq, you.

Finally, you have little ground to accuse others of stinginess or beating a topic into the ground. All you talk about are prices and collecting. For every ten posts about ebay auctions and sellers and prices and value and completeness you write one post about how your one favorite game - DEII - is "OGM AWESOME!" You don't bring lulz, argue politics, review games, link deals, research hardware, post trivia, or ask gameplay advice.
IMG

Anti-gougers should be your best friends: we're non-competitive, resourceful, and inclined to sell cheap. Even ebay-illiterate vermin like you have benefited from the flotsam in my wake. You don't hate us because we bitch about gouging, you hate us because you're dependent and you shot yourself in the foot. We can call you dickbag and tell you to shut up all day long, but you'll never stop shadowing our posts and hanging on every word because you don't know how to shop, you don't know how to fix stuff, you don't know what complete items look like, and you don't know the library. What kind of person associates with those who despise them? How much integrity do you have? You're like Butters. Or a George McFly who continues to take the bullying and never reaches the end of the movie.
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: VestCunt on 10/23/2012, 05:43 PMLOTS OF BLABBING FEELING ALL SUPERIOR!

You don't bring lulz, argue politics, review games, link deals, research hardware, post trivia, or ask gameplay advice.
OOOOOHHHH REAALLLLY, I don't? LOL.

bring lulz, argue politics

link deals

review games

research hardware

ask gameplay advice.

Politifact has ranked your post "Pants-on-Fire."

Also, I don't see the people you talk about actually pissing and moaning in this thread. I rarely see Sparky post in here, nor Bernie. I see a circlejerk of assholishness to newbies, which consists mostly of you, Necromancer, and the ever rambling Black Tiger. Like I said, numerous times now, 99% of this forum consists of pretty nice people, I've had some great interactions here. Sparky, I'm sure, disagrees with my points about ebay, but he's certainly been nothing but nice. Necromancer can't handle when I point out his paranoid fantasies about gouging might not be true, to the point that he screams that I must leave his precious thread. Echo chamber was a great description by another assaulted newbie.

All I see from you is a vast sea of negativity. Anyone new getting into turbografx doesn't know enough. Anyone trying to go for a fullset of turbografx is going to sell it 30 seconds after they get it, because they haven't been on the forum forever. You've got this false sense of superiority because you've been into Turbografx longer. Heaven forbid a new person comes along and wants to experience the turbografx, and GASP has money to spend on it. You even admitted you are just a rage-junkie, looking for his next high.

And, taking the bullying? I'm pointing out the stupidity of the bullying from the veterans. I've now had multiple PMs from people saying "Don't feel beat up, veterans are bullies." Well, guess what, I don't. You are too much of an angry little man to actually care what you say. My ex called it "Short man syndrome." Its fun just to point out the way you are talking from your ass. Its most  funny, because you, Necromancer, and BlackRambler have resorted to ad hominem because you can't defend the actual points about "gouging."

I've shot myself in the foot? Not a single person who I've ACTUALLY dealt with gives a shit about me standing up to you and Necromancer. Your post has absolutely no basis in the real world. Hanging on your every word? I don't know how to buy? Ebay illiterate? These are pretty funny baseless attacks.  Where do you get this bullshit?

And sadly, probably my best contribution to the turbografx community, my tool assisted speedruns, got no love.

I did a fucking 5-player Dungeon Explorer run by myself. No one even bothered to watch, or asked how I did that.

Here's a tip, stop being a dick to every new person. Oh, and do some research before you post, otherwise politifact will get you.

EDIT:

QuoteAs a new member, this should be the point in your collecting career when you're buying lots and selling extras.
Really? Way to dictate how I do my business. Oh wait, I'm closer than you think to a fullset ;)

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

nectarsis

This "veterans beat up noobs" is beyond overplayed.  the ONLY noobs that get beat up on are gougers, loudmouth braggarts, and asshats like Xray, and Regal.    A VAST majority are welcomed, and have zero issues.

" Anyone trying to go for a fullset of turbografx is going to sell it 30 seconds after they get it, because they haven't been on the forum forever."

Well seeing as this has happened ad nauseum....does it ALWAYS happen, no of course not....does it happen often enough to be a VERY solid trend, most def.  Also this has NOTHING to do with how long they've been a member  :roll:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VestCunt

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/23/2012, 07:03 PMI've now had multiple PMs from people saying "Don't feel beat up, veterans are bullies."
Why do guys like you and Nintega and JohnnyBlaze and Regal always claim to have invisible allies and a silent majority? Who would PM you private support and encouragement instead of standing up for their beliefs? Why would they let you take the heat when they just as easily say post here and say "guy's, I've gotta side with Kobold on this one"?

QuoteReally? Way to dictate how I do my business.
I don't care about your business, but if you're going to accuse me, NecroPhile, Black Tiger, and the Fuck Ebay Club of stinginess, you'd better be willing to match our generosity.
Topic Adjourned.

PunkCryborg

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2012, 07:03 PMAnd sadly, probably my best contribution to the turbografx community, my tool assisted speedruns, got no love.

I did a fucking 5-player Dungeon Explorer run by myself. No one even bothered to watch, or asked how I did that.
Dude! Post the links to this stuff (or PM me) because I am interested! I try to stay up to date with all the developments here, but I miss things or save stuff for later viewing (videos, web sites)...

Also, I am sure you know:

IMGThat is all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VestCunt

Damn. I have to stop reinventing the wheel.
Topic Adjourned.

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

tggodfrey

EVERYONE PLEASE, OVER HERE, GET IN LINE...........Here is a tampon for you, and one for you.  Dont worry I brought one for you too. oopps come back.  Here you need one for your mouth as well.

..The negativity here on the forum is ridiculous.  Certain older members here have gotten rout of hand with the abusing/raping of new members.  Claim its cried out is not an end all.  Everyone needs to just shut the fuck up and ask why your here.  If your not here to share game info and make a mockery of idiots on ebay ect then just go take a long walk off a short peer.  The purpose of this thread is to point out the honest gouging/Shill bidding/ and gotta have it now stupidity.  Instead we have this back and forth bickering.  You all have made your point and had a real unhealthy cry over it.  Everyone can now see who the asshole members are who are not worth your time. 

Bad mouthing any forum member without cause needs to stop.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion....respect it, you dont have to like it.

If you dont like the crap on ebay, then work together and do something about it.  When prices get to high you need to coax the price market down.  I have yet to see where crying about it actually fixed it.
Games currently in play:

NecroPhile

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/24/2012, 11:27 AMIf you dont like the crap on ebay, then work together and do something about it.  When prices get to high you need to coax the price market down.  I have yet to see where crying about it actually fixed it.
I don't see what you're doing having a lasting effect either.  It's good for teh lulz and maybe screwing with concurrent auctions, but that's it.

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 12:02 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/24/2012, 11:27 AMIf you dont like the crap on ebay, then work together and do something about it.  When prices get to high you need to coax the price market down.  I have yet to see where crying about it actually fixed it.
True, but at least its an effort and makes you guys laugh.

I don't see what you're doing having a lasting effect either.  It's good for teh lulz and maybe screwing with concurrent auctions, but that's it.
Games currently in play:

VestCunt

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/24/2012, 11:27 AMThe negativity here on the forum is rediculous.  Certain older members here have gotten rout of hand with the abusing/raping of new members.
...Bad mouthing any forum member without cause needs to stop. 
I don't see what you're talking about. Where's the rape and abuse? I argue with DK because he's wandered in here three different times looking for a fight. Otherwise I ignore him while he follows me around and calls me a dick. What else... I gave JonnyBlaze and Nintega some crap recently, but they're old members. I told wolfsaq he's a cross-posting spammer because he is. Otherwise I talk about stuff.

Look at all of the members and sort the new ones by date. Where's the noob witch hunt? It's basically just NecroPhile and I ripping on one idiot a month who comes into this thread and goes off topic. DK is perfectly welcome to take his army of supporters and pontificate in a new thread where he can tell me to GTFO. In an effort to bury the hatchet, I'll even offer some subject titles that may appeal to him:
*Reseller Public Relations Think Tank
*The TurboGrafx: a Return on Your Investment
*Exploiting Communities for the Free Market
*The Mythology of Market Manipulation
*Is This a Good Deal?
*Help Me Fix My Stuff.
*Dungeon Explorer II: is it awesome or is it awesome? We think it's ALL THREE.
*The Meaning of "Price": a Closer Look.
Topic Adjourned.

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 03:44 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/24/2012, 11:27 AMThe negativity here on the forum is rediculous.  Certain older members here have gotten rout of hand with the abusing/raping of new members.
...Bad mouthing any forum member without cause needs to stop. 
I don't see what you're talking about. Where's the rape and abuse? I argue with DK because he's wandered in here three different times looking for a fight. Otherwise I ignore him while he follows me around and calls me a dick. What else... I gave JonnyBlaze and Nintega some crap recently, but they're old members. I told wolfsaq he's a cross-posting spammer because he is. Otherwise I talk about stuff.

Look at all of the members and sort the new ones by date. Where's the noob witch hunt? It's basically just NecroPhile and I ripping on one idiot a month who comes into this thread and goes off topic. DK is perfectly welcome to take his army of supporters and pontificate in a new thread where he can tell me to GTFO. In an effort to bury the hatchet, I'll even offer some subject titles that may appeal to him:
*Reseller Public Relations Think Tank
*The TurboGrafx: a Return on Your Investment
*Exploiting Communities for the Free Market
*The Mythology of Market Manipulation
*Is This a Good Deal?
*Help Me Fix My Stuff.
*Dungeon Explorer II: is it awesome or is it awesome? We think it's ALL THREE.
*The Meaning of "Price": a Closer Look.
I will explain in a PM.  this thread went off topic long enough I suppose.
Games currently in play:

Bernie

jlued686

Somewhat relevant, I just received a PM from a new member. And in it, he said this:

QuoteI just recently joined this forum as a new TG collector / gamer, and I expected people to basically ignore me and treat me like a "n00b" or whatever, but I've had quite the opposite experience so far.
You may proceed.

jlued686

Holy shit! $300 for the fuckin' manual?

Jesus...

tggodfrey

Yeah that guy has been relisting for what?  couple years now I think.  He seems to change from 269- 299 every other auction.  He is persistant I give him that.
Games currently in play:

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 04:37 PMHoly shit! $300 for the fuckin' manual?

Jesus...
I'm pretty sure it costs $0.50 per listing to list in the video game accessory category. So, he's sunk about $4 into it since I've seen that auction. It will never, ever sell. So, pity his stupidity. I'm pretty sure any one can play Bonk 3 without the manual.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMNot surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
No all the people that piss and moan are the good guys giving free stuff away and the guys i trust.

I tell you one thing man if it were not for people like NecroPhile, VestCunt or Blacktiger and others this place would be over run with ebay prices ,gougers and the "oh my god I have to have it now" fools.  It is the only forum where I know good deals can be had, fair prices are listed and if I sell or give FREE things away I know I wont regret it with the people on here. I am not talking about just the veteran's...... fify, glazeball , Lost Monkey are just a few that i would help out and there are a lot more, there only seems to be a few that actually have problems here, why is that?

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/24/2012, 04:50 PMI'm pretty sure it costs $0.50 per listing to list in the video game accessory category. So, he's sunk about $4 into it since I've seen that auction. It will never, ever sell. So, pity his stupidity. I'm pretty sure any one can play Bonk 3 without the manual.
The more you sell the more free listings you get, so I'd be surprised if he's paid even a penny relisting it thus far.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: DarkKkobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM

dude you are 100% right. Don't worry about the clowns in this thread. This is the place for them to bitch and moan because they can't have certain games. I sell Turbob games on ebay for hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars and I am proud of it.

I even have the same people from this thread actually buy my games for crazy money because they can't and never will find these games anywhere else.

NecroPhile, you are a piece of shit. GTFO please. We are sick and tired of your whining you bitch!

Ebay is the best place to find video games, period! Your stupid local stores have garbage and your dumbarse flea market trips are worthless because you find a turbo game there like what? once a year if you are lucky?

I hope Ebay prices keep going up, this is what makes video games collectables. If everything was dirt cheap then there would be no such thing as collecting.

This thread is fuckin fail!!!! 

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/24/2012, 05:30 PM
Quote from: DarkKkobold on 10/24/2012, 04:50 PMI'm pretty sure it costs $0.50 per listing to list in the video game accessory category. So, he's sunk about $4 into it since I've seen that auction. It will never, ever sell. So, pity his stupidity. I'm pretty sure any one can play Bonk 3 without the manual.
The more you sell the more free listings you get, so I'd be surprised if he's paid even a penny relisting it thus far.
I can't 100% verify it either way, but I've yet to find a way to get free BIN listings on eBay. If you have an ebay store, it might be possible.  I'd need to do research. I was just hoping that the fact that he was paying for this ridiculous listing would make people realize it was more his loss than theirs. Silver lining, maybe reduce some of the rage?

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 05:26 PM
No all the people that piss and moan are the good guys giving free stuff away and the guys i trust.

I tell you one thing man if it were not for people like NecroPhile, VestCunt or Blacktiger and others this place would be over run with ebay prices ,gougers and the "oh my god I have to have it now" fools.  It is the only forum where I know good deals can be had, fair prices are listed and if I sell or give FREE things away I know I wont regret it with the people on here. I am not talking about just the veteran's...... fify, glazeball , Lost Monkey are just a few that i would help out and there are a lot more, there only seems to be a few that actually have problems here, why is that?
I have seen the awesomeness of FiftyQuid, turboswimzz, professorprofessorson, you, and etc. I have not seen this from VestCunt or NecroPhile. I've only seen them on the assault. I've not been here extremely long, so in the past, they may have been very generous. However, I don't believe previous generosity should enable carte blanche to attack people you disagree with. 

This conversation started because I defended a seller who ended his auction EARLY, to sell LOWER, and STILL he was called a gouger, simply because people didn't like the price others are bidding. The only defense put forward was "We have a FUCK EBAY club." Oh, and DildoKKKobold sucks was the other defense.

I'm not denying there are legitimate gougers. However, calling anyone who posts an auction for a rare game a gouger is just misdirected anger.

I like you Sparky, you seem like a genuinely nice guy. I don't like the concept of your club. It inspires hostility towards any person who uses ebay, for either selling or buying. It also removes any chance of legitimate debate, as it gives an "Us vs. them" mentality, which just exacerbates this hostility.

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/24/2012, 05:31 PMThis thread is fuckin fail!!!! 
Oh god, I don't need people like this defending me...

Plus, I enjoy game hunting at my local flea market. :(
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/24/2012, 05:31 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:10 PMYou don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

dude you are 100% right. Don't worry about the clowns in this thread. This is the place for them to bitch and moan because they can't have certain games. I sell Turbob games on ebay for hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars and I am proud of it.

I even have the same people from this thread actually buy my games for crazy money because they can't and never will find these games anywhere else.

Necromancer, you are a piece of shit. GTFO please. We are sick and tired of your whining you bitch!

Ebay is the best place to find video games, period! Your stupid local stores have garbage and your dumbarse flea market trips are worthless because you find a turbo game there like what? once a year if you are lucky?

I hope Ebay prices keep going up, this is what makes video games collectables. If everything was dirt cheap then there would be no such thing as collecting.

Who else was it that called everyone here "clowns" all the time? This is definitely trolling. He is trying to poke at as many nerves as he can.

bob

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/24/2012, 05:31 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM

Necromancer, you are a piece of shit. GTFO please. We are sick and tired of your whining you bitch!

Um...bye.

Sparky

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/24/2012, 05:42 PMI have seen the awesomeness of FiftyQuid, turboswimzz, professorprofessorson, you, and etc. This conversation started because I defended a seller who ended his auction EARLY, to sell LOWER, and STILL he was called a gouger, simply because people didn't like the price others are bidding. The only defense put forward was "We have a FUCK EBAY club." Oh, and DarkKobold sucks was the other defense.

I'm not denying there are legitimate gougers. However, calling anyone who posts an auction for a rare game a gouger is just misdirected anger.

I like you Sparky, you seem like a genuinely nice guy. I don't like the concept of your club. It inspires hostility towards any person who uses ebay, for either selling or buying. It also removes any chance of legitimate debate, as it gives an "Us vs. them" mentality, which just exacerbates this hostility.
you read into things way to much man as people are generally speaking here even read the rules of the f-ebay club, You can use ebay if you have common sense, and i think one of those comments taht stirred you up came from BigusSchmuck and he is not even a member of the f-ebay club. You sound like lawyer.