@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 10/24/2012, 05:31 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/22/2012, 06:10 PMYou don't like it?  Then get the fuck out and start your own thread about how there's no such thing as gouging.

How many times must I say this?!?
No thanks. Until someone with authority actually speaks, I'll continue to point out the stupidity of terms like "self-gouging," and the blatant hypocrisy in this thread. Last I checked, you weren't king of this forum, and general forum etiquette does not say that "the topic starter gets to dictate exactly what is posted in an open thread." You sound like a petulant child, and because he isn't getting his way, will pack up his toys and take them home so the other children can't play with them. Stop acting like you own this thread, because you don't. 

Also, I think it is necessary for a sane voice to be in here, because there seems to be a handful of users that can only can cuss and name call at newbies, which is not good for any forum. I doubt the actual moderators and owners want the old timers constantly screaming at new members of the community, scaring them off.

Nulltard, don't worry, this juvenile "MY THREAD MY THREAD" activity is not an indicator of normal activity here, and I've had some great interactions with people here who don't act this way. Not surprisingly, the handful of users who piss and moan about "gougers" are also the ones jumping on every deal, and not offering any of their own.
dude you are 100% right. Don't worry about the clowns in this thread. This is the place for them to bitch and moan because they can't have certain games. I sell Turbob games on ebay for hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars and I am proud of it.

I even have the same people from this thread actually buy my games for crazy money because they can't and never will find these games anywhere else.

Necromancer, you are a piece of shit. GTFO please. We are sick and tired of your whining you bitch!

Ebay is the best place to find video games, period! Your stupid local stores have garbage and your dumbarse flea market trips are worthless because you find a turbo game there like what? once a year if you are lucky?

I hope Ebay prices keep going up, this is what makes video games collectables. If everything was dirt cheap then there would be no such thing as collecting.

This thread is fuckin fail!!!! 
You know you're doing good when you've got ninnypants on your side.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/24/2012, 05:42 PMI have seen the awesomeness of FiftyQuid, turboswimzz, professorprofessorson, you, and etc. I have not seen this from Vestcoat or Necromancer. I've only seen them on the assault. I've not been here extremely long, so in the past, they may have been very generous. However, I don't believe previous generosity should enable carte blanche to attack people you disagree with.  
Sorry you weren't aware of my sales. And again, don't throw the first stone when you've done nothing.

QuoteThis conversation started because I defended a seller who ended his auction EARLY, to sell LOWER, and STILL he was called a gouger, simply because people didn't like the price others are bidding. The only defense put forward was "We have a FUCK EBAY club." Oh, and DarkKobold sucks was the other defense.
Hey idiot: I didn't disagree with you. You're right - Bardoly was taking a fairly extreme stance. All I said is that adults don't need a self-righteous lecture on the definition of "price". Then you hurled accusations of stinginess and I pointed out that you suck. Good times.
Topic Adjourned.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 05:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 05:42 PMI have seen the awesomeness of FiftyQuid, turboswimzz, professorprofessorson, you, and etc. This conversation started because I defended a seller who ended his auction EARLY, to sell LOWER, and STILL he was called a gouger, simply because people didn't like the price others are bidding. The only defense put forward was "We have a FUCK EBAY club." Oh, and DarkKobold sucks was the other defense.

I'm not denying there are legitimate gougers. However, calling anyone who posts an auction for a rare game a gouger is just misdirected anger.

I like you Sparky, you seem like a genuinely nice guy. I don't like the concept of your club. It inspires hostility towards any person who uses ebay, for either selling or buying. It also removes any chance of legitimate debate, as it gives an "Us vs. them" mentality, which just exacerbates this hostility.
you read into things way to much man as people are generally speaking here even read the rules of the f-ebay club, You can use ebay if you have common sense, and i think one of those comments taht stirred you up came from BigusSchmuck and he is not even a member of the f-ebay club. You sound like lawyer.
Am I wrong for thinking paying $200+ is too much for a game? Its just my opinion and thats it. You can laugh and hoot at me all you want, but even in the 90s when I saw a $200 price tag on Neo Geo games I thought even back then that was extreme. This thread has been derailed enough for one day I think.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 03:44 PMDK is perfectly welcome to take his army of supporters and pontificate in a new thread where he can tell me to GTFO. In an effort to bury the hatchet, I'll even offer some subject titles that may appeal to him:
*Reseller Public Relations Think Tank
*The TurboGrafx: a Return on Your Investment
*Exploiting Communities for the Free Market
*The Mythology of Market Manipulation
*Is This a Good Deal?
*Help Me Fix My Stuff.
*Dungeon Explorer II: is it awesome or is it awesome? We think it's ALL THREE.
*The Meaning of "Price": a Closer Look.
I LOLed.  Quite a bit, actually.

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2012, 05:42 PMOh god, I don't need people like this defending me...
Why not?  He only said what you're thinking...

Chris

PunkCryborg

Yeah sorry Nintega someone called out TurboKid as you before you even made a single post. Funny stuff though. I don't think anyone is paying you top dollar for any of your scratched up dirty loose hu cards. You're just jealous cause you aren't in our special club!

420GOAT

this thread is to talk shit about those pricing shit high. there will always be someone willing to buy it, what the smart guys should do is make repro games and take the mystique outta some of this shit. i see it all the time with VW parts....and you folks calling out high prices due to "rarity" yeah you can go get fucked! because im not buying.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

geise

Wait wait wait!  What the hell?  Turbo gouging?  On ebay?  WTF?  New(ish) members defending free market?   :?  What does it all mean? :?:

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

tggodfrey

Quote from: 420GOAT on 10/24/2012, 07:50 PMthis thread is to talk shit about those pricing shit high. there will always be someone willing to buy it, what the smart guys should do is make repro games and take the mystique outta some of this shit. i see it all the time with VW parts....and you folks calling out high prices due to "rarity" yeah you can go get fucked! because im not buying.
I would def like to start repop'ing games.  Most of us here agree we just want to play it not really collect it.  Unfortunately I dont know how to go about it.  

ys 1&2 for 55.00?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320993012838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/25/2012, 12:55 PM
Quote from: 420GOAT on 10/24/2012, 07:50 PMthis thread is to talk shit about those pricing shit high. there will always be someone willing to buy it, what the smart guys should do is make repro games and take the mystique outta some of this shit. i see it all the time with VW parts....and you folks calling out high prices due to "rarity" yeah you can go get fucked! because im not buying.
I would def like to start repop'ing games.  Most of us here agree we just want to play it not really collect it.  Unfortunately I dont know how to go about it. 

ys 1&2 for 55.00?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320993012838?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
I can do better:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-Book-II-TurboGrafx-CD-1990-ACTION-RPG-BRAND-NEW-Uncirculated-Print-/221142128752?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337d191870

reno5

NecroPhile

jelloslug

BigusSchmuck

NecroPhile

The legit reprint versions came with a black and white photocopy manual too.  Perhaps it one of those.

jperryss

I am 95% sure this was in that lot that was posted a few weeks back in the "bad auctions" thread.
The seller told me he bought it direct from Hudson BITD and received only a photocopied manual. Looks like this guy probably won that auction and is now parting everything out.
That seller also had the unusual Duo to TG tap.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: jperryss on 10/26/2012, 02:01 PMI am 95% sure this was in that lot that was posted a few weeks back in the "bad auctions" thread.
The seller told me he bought it direct from Hudson BITD and received only a photocopied manual. Looks like this guy probably won that auction and is now parting everything out.
Right on the money. The winner had 16,764 feedback. This seller has 16,764 feedback.

Bought the lot, chopped it up, and is now selling it in pieces. A quick calc says he's already made about $850 off that lot, still with some big ticket items to go. That said, I haven't accounted for the fees he's paid. His margins are looking really, really small. What a waste of time and effort, for maybe $200 profit.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

KnightWarrior

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2012, 02:23 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 10/26/2012, 02:01 PMI am 95% sure this was in that lot that was posted a few weeks back in the "bad auctions" thread.
Right on the money. The winner had 16,764 feedback. This seller has 16,764 feedback.

Bought the lot, chopped it up, and is now selling it in pieces. A quick calc says he's already made about $850 off that lot, still with some big ticket items to go. That said, I haven't accounted for the fees he's paid. His margins are looking really, really small. What a waste of time and effort, for maybe $200 profit.
I was actually following it until maybe the 2nd to last day since there were no bids on it. It had a high starting price of $800 or so.

I exchanged emails with the seller and he was very pleasant, even taking some extra pictures for me and responding within an hour or two to all of my emails. Seemed to be a reluctant seller that didn't really have the time to list everything separately. I actually felt kinda bad for him, but am glad he took in a decent sum for everything.

Drakon

I got majorly pounced on when I joined, for asking simple questions that had been answered years ago in hard to find threads.  I didn't feel welcome at all.  The only member here who actually made me feel welcome at first was herctnt.  Sorry if this's a bit off topic, please direct me to a better thread for this if there is one.

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 06:52 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/22/2012, 06:25 PMAlso, I think it is necessary for a sane voice to be in here, because there seems to be a handful of users that can only can cuss and name call at newbies, which is not good for any forum. I doubt the actual moderators and owners want the old timers constantly screaming at new members of the community, scaring them off.
We keep hearing this from whiny douchebags like you, but it's patently false.  The truth of the matter is that the vast majority of new users come in and feel welcome - it's just the mouthy clowns like you than come in and tell everyone to change that cry when nobody wants to be their friend or wants to sell them anything.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

xcrement5x

Yeah the outlay of cash this guy had to put down just to wind up reselling that much of it, plus his time doesn't seem worth it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

reno5

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 10/26/2012, 02:43 PMHow do you know it Black & White??

I don't see a pic, or he must of changed it
Was talking about mine ! :) He has the color one and i have the french version printed in black in white. We had it in the Canadian version of the game.

It's not the same booklet. Mine is a folded glossy paper sheet but still an original one given in the box.

Drakon

I completely side with kobold on this one.

Quote from: guest on 10/23/2012, 07:55 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/23/2012, 07:03 PMI've now had multiple PMs from people saying "Don't feel beat up, veterans are bullies."
Why do guys like you and Nintega and JohnnyBlaze and Regal always claim to have invisible allies and a silent majority? Who would PM you private support and encouragement instead of standing up for their beliefs? Why would they let you take the heat when they just as easily say post here and say "guy's, I've gotta side with Kobold on this one"?

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

bust3dstr8

One thing this forum is great at, is having the shittiest search engine known to man.
It can't things from a few days ago let alone a few years ago.
If you type something like Sega in, it will return "Did you mean SexOrgy"

Ya....so I feel for anyone trying to dig up old info here :(

Quote from: Drakon on 10/26/2012, 03:38 PMI got majorly pounced on when I joined, for asking simple questions that had been answered years ago in hard to find threads.  I didn't feel welcome at all.  The only member here who actually made me feel welcome at first was herctnt.  Sorry if this's a bit off topic, please direct me to a better thread for this if there is one.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

Drakon

It's not that which bothered me, it's the mentality of some of the older members and how they treat new(er) people.

Anyway more on topic.  Yes prices on ebay have significantly inflated since I started buying stuff there, I just figured that over time all this hardware was getting into the hands of people who really know what it's worth.  Back when I started using ebay it felt to me like everything there was undervalued because most of it was in the hands of people who have zero clue what the true value is.  I've seen some hilariously priced things on ebay that nobody would ever pay the asking price for so I do consider those to be gouging.

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 10/26/2012, 04:32 PMOne thing this forum is great at, is having the shittiest search engine known to man.
It can't things from a few days ago let alone a few years ago.
If you type something like Sega in, it will return "Did you mean SexOrgy"

Ya....so I feel for anyone trying to dig up old info here :(

Quote from: Drakon on 10/26/2012, 03:38 PMI got majorly pounced on when I joined, for asking simple questions that had been answered years ago in hard to find threads.  I didn't feel welcome at all.  The only member here who actually made me feel welcome at first was herctnt.  Sorry if this's a bit off topic, please direct me to a better thread for this if there is one.

VestCunt

Like NecroPhile alluded to, TZD reprinted 500-1000 copies of DEII c.1996 with b/w, photocopied manuals and no tray insert.
The unusual Tap is also somewhat legitimate. TZD swapped cables in a bunch of multitaps, making "Reverse Duo Taps" and "Reverse Turbo Taps" that were distributed far and wide. Game Dude accidentally sent me a used Reverse Duo Tap in '97. I didn't know what the heck it was and they sent me a free replacement when I complained. Games to Go in MN also had some used Reverse Taps pass through their doors.
Topic Adjourned.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Drakon on 10/26/2012, 03:38 PMI got majorly pounced on when I joined, for asking simple questions that had been answered years ago in hard to find threads.  I didn't feel welcome at all.  The only member here who actually made me feel welcome at first was herctnt.  Sorry if this's a bit off topic, please direct me to a better thread for this if there is one.
I've just reviewed your beginnings here (first 150 posts or so), and the majority of 'em were of a technical nature, where your questions were answered and kudos were given for your mod work.  That wasn't welcoming?  The only things even remotely negative were when someone questioned the necessity of a mod or suggested ways to make them better (a.k.a. - constructive criticism), neither of which should've made you feel unwelcome.

But I'm sure you're referencing your CDR question, which was ~90 posts in.  Most of the negativity there was extremely mild (especially in the first two pages), amounting to little more than people saying 'oh no, not this again', and more than once you were told it's just a tired topic and not to take it personally, though you obviously did.  In any case, the 'horrors' of that thread could've been avoided had you bothered to use search (you admitted to not even trying).

'Majorly pounced on' indeed.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/26/2012, 05:18 PM
Quote from: Drakon on 10/26/2012, 03:38 PMI got majorly pounced on when I joined, for asking simple questions that had been answered years ago in hard to find threads.  I didn't feel welcome at all.  The only member here who actually made me feel welcome at first was herctnt.  Sorry if this's a bit off topic, please direct me to a better thread for this if there is one.
I've just reviewed your beginnings here (first 150 posts or so), and the majority of 'em were of a technical nature, where your questions were answered and kudos were given for your mod work.  That wasn't welcoming?  The only things even remotely negative were when someone questioned the necessity of a mod or suggested ways to make them better (a.k.a. - constructive criticism), neither of which should've made you feel unwelcome.

But I'm sure you're referencing your CDR question, which was ~90 posts in.  Most of the negativity there was extremely mild (especially in the first two pages), amounting to little more than people saying 'oh no, not this again', and more than once you were told it's just a tired topic and not to take it personally, though you obviously did.  In any case, the 'horrors' of that thread could've been avoided had you bothered to use search (you admitted to not even trying).

'Majorly pounced on' indeed.
Clinically they would say that he has a "victim mentality" personality trait going on.  Nothing you say or do is going to make someone like that feel any other way short of rolling out the red carpet for their every log in, daily worship of their very existence, and showering them with rainbow sprinkled praises for their every accomplishment, no matter how trivial or minor they may be. People like that tend to always feel they are in a constant state of being victimized by people secretly conspiring against them, and perceive even something simple like constructive criticism as a threat of some type to them, their mental well being, their reputation, etc.

Small things will always be made out to be large issues, huge crimes committed against them, and where none exist at all, they will make them up. They will spend countless hours blaming others for crap they started themselves, gossiping, and try to elicit as many sympathetic ears as possible (which is exactly what he has been doing as of late, both publicly and privately via pm). If you don't side with him, more often then not, you're perceived to be one of his persecutors also.

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/27/2012, 04:01 PMIs it me or is this is asshole just reselling stuff to himself to jack up prices?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/271090986028?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1e482c2c
I kinda wonder what the best offers are on that one? And yeah, its always possible he could be doing that with a fake or secondary buyers account. Since ebay doesn't go out of their way to confirm a actual payment has been sent between the bidder and sellers account, and bidder details like their home state are hidden now, this activity and shill bidding is easily pulled off.

LostFlunky

Quote from: MotherGunner on 10/27/2012, 04:01 PMIs it me or is this is asshole just reselling stuff to himself to jack up prices?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-/271090986028?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1e482c2c
Or was he just fooled into thinking that someone actually paid $1325 for a copy the other day and is reacting accordingly?

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/27/2012, 04:59 PM

Or was he just fooled into thinking that someone actually paid $1325 for a copy the other day and is reacting accordingly? 
In that case hes saving the next buyer a potential $325. What a steal!  :lol:

NightWolve

My patented $5 offer was just auto-declined... :( *sniff* No love for Abraham Lincoln these days, I tells ya... ;)

DildoKKKobold

There is evidence for and against this being the case-

In favor:
* The last one had two bidders that jacked the price from $412 to $1,325. That would mean that p***o(18,550) (the loser) would pay at least $1300 for this item. Why has p***o not purchased this?

Against:
* o***r (414) and p***o (18,550) have really, really high feedback, and so does this seller, earnestevans (400). Why would he risk his 18,000 feedback account to boost an auction? 18,000 feedback is a really, really high number to get. Oh, and ghidorah68 (337) would ALSO have to be his account.

That is four high feedback ebay accounts in on one price boosting? Difficult, but not impossible.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 10/27/2012, 07:56 PM

In favor:
* The last one had two bidders that jacked the price from $412 to $1,325. That would mean that p***o(18,550) (the loser) would pay at least $1300 for this item. Why has p***o not purchased this?

Against:
* o***r (414) and p***o (18,550) have really, really high feedback, and so does this seller, earnestevans (400). Why would he risk his 18,000 feedback account to boost an auction? 18,000 feedback is a really, really high number to get. Oh, and ghidorah68 (337) would ALSO have to be his account.

That is four high feedback ebay accounts in on one price boosting? Difficult, but not impossible.
o***r (414) = blowncamaroz28

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ghidorah68&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2012, 08:10 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/27/2012, 07:56 PM

In favor:

Against:

o***r (414) = blowncamaroz28

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ghidorah68&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers
Yeah, I posted that in the "Dynastic Hero" thread along with the 2nd high bidder "motorshops".

The whole thing stinks of a plan to manipulate lower prices that backfired.

"dsmking2011" ends an auction early to sell a copy to "je5867"

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=je5867&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3&_rdc=1

"je5867" ends an auction early for the same item within an hour of winning from "dsmking2011". 

Then "blowncamaroz28" suddenly bids on an auction at $1325, seemingly to keep "motorshops" from winning a non existent item...

Nice job.. now the gougers think that it is worth $1325 instead of the previously gouged $560..

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2012, 07:30 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 10/27/2012, 06:20 PM

My patented $5 offer was just auto-declined... :( *sniff* No love for Abraham Lincoln these days, I tells ya... ;)
Not true! I just watched him hunt vampires and enjoyed it more than expected.
My point is affirmed by the production of those movies, including the Zombies v. Lincoln one! ;) Eh, j/k, I dunno about the big budget one, I read it was hated, others say it was good. Trolls questioned Roger Ebert's mental faculties for giving it 3 stars. Whatever, I'll have to see it for myself some time, but no rush.

QuoteMaybe you should offer to trade the blu-ray for Tonma.
Not sure I get the joke here (not familiar with Tonma or why you picked it in this context), but anyhow, this guy wants a gold brick for the game, and eh, I think he should get one in the form of being whacked over the head with it! ;) Yeah sure, my feelings get hurt every time I learn that a $5 bill doesn't go as far as it used to, but oh well... I'll manage.

Anyway, so the greed/gouging/profiteering continues I see - I haven't visited this thread in a while actually. I see that megahit79 is still at it with the BabyRuthBonk III manual at the $300 range; somebody posted that as if it was new... Heh-heh. Persistent bastard, gotta give him credit there, he never gives up hope on finding a sucker for it! Though he did lower his magical $30,000 gold-brick of a SNK cart to $10,000 at least (after we explained to him it wasn't the prototype cart that he thought it was after he bought it for a $1000?)... What a swell guy! ;)

Besides baldguyvideogames, where the criticism actually inspired feelings of guilt in a greed/gouger/profiteer type situation and led to him coming to this forum and selling the stuff at more respectable rates (from what I heard from those that bought games from him), has there ever been another case like that, where this thread and its criticism led to a positive outcome like that? I ask since a few prior posts back, an opinion was shared that this thread *never* changes anything/has no effect, etc. Clearly there was no effect on megahit (and I assume that to be true for most), other than learning he didn't buy the prototype that he thought he did and hence had to lower his asking price on that basis (I also suspect he must've got more criticism from elsewhere just on pure greed combined with pure stupidity/lack of fact-checking), but to say there has never been an effect isn't accurate.

Bardoly

Well, just a few days ago, the seller of the Bonk 3 HuCard with Manual in a Keith Courage case with the spine sticker peeled off lowered his starting bid from $300.00 to $190.00 after I mentioned to him that his price was too high, and it should be at or below $150.00-$200.00.  His auction ended today with one bidder winning at the starting bid of $190.00.  So, I suppose that good can happen occasionally.  $190.00 may still be a little high for many people, but it at least came down out of outrageously-high-gouging territory in my book.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2012, 07:56 PM

...* The last one had two bidders that jacked the price from $412 to $1,325. That would mean that p***o(18,550) (the loser) would pay at least $1300 for this item. Why has p***o not purchased this?
p***o (motorshops) didn't buy the $1000 one because when he "lost" the ghidora auction to ghidora's buddy, he bought this one instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynastic-Hero-TurboGrafx-16-Complete-TG-TG16-Turbo-Duo-/140869936215

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=motorshops&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3&_rdc=1

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/28/2012, 12:20 AMhttp://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=motorshops&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3&_rdc=1
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That list is like, $50,000 in ebay spending.

In what, 30 days? Does he spend $600,000 a year on ebay?

EDIT: Someone else did the total... it was $16,000ish. Still insane.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperPlay

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2012, 12:15 PMAug 24th: Legend of Hero Tonma (HuCard with sleeve) is sold for a BIN of $24.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Hero-Tonma-TurboGrafx-16-1993-/120974308797?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c2aa175bd
Sept 9th: Legend of Hero Tonma (HuCard with sleeve in the exact same condition) is sold by plcards for $103.83

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Hero-Tonma-TurboGrafx-16-1993-TG16-Turbo-/140841821869?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20cad3a6ad
Yeah, about 75% of the low BIN are won by PLass and a few other gougers
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Oh look, now people think Cotton is worth $500. Thanks a lot, MadGear/16-Bit!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cotton-Fantastic-Night-Dreams-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-Super-CD-Rom-Turbo-Duo-/160908547557?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2576e595e5
Quote from: VestCunt on 09/14/2012, 02:52 PMWhat you're doing is planting seeds for later inflation.  You know it's not going to sell and people will scoff, but when they see it suddenly become "no longer available" they'll start to wonder what if it really sold for $500. Then all you need is a couple months of scarcity before people get desperate and $500 becomes the new price. You're trying to make Cotton the next runaway witch on the inflation broomstick.
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CrackTiger on 10/28/2012, 12:15 PMAug 24th: Legend of Hero Tonma (HuCard with sleeve) is sold for a BIN of $24.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Hero-Tonma-TurboGrafx-16-1993-/120974308797?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c2aa175bd

Sept 9th: Legend of Hero Tonma (HuCard with sleeve in the exact same condition) is sold by plcards for $103.83

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-of-Hero-Tonma-TurboGrafx-16-1993-TG16-Turbo-/140841821869?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item20cad3a6ad
Very honest ebayer. Will by from again and again a++++   
Member id plcards
   Sep-01-12 13:41
    Legend of Hero Tonma (TurboGrafx-16, 1993) (#120974308797)   US $24.99   View Item

... Yup. Also, by? Really? Intelligent person, clearly.

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/28/2012, 02:45 PMYeah, about 75% of the low BIN are won by PLass and a few other gougers
Luckily, they don't catch everything.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271085725145?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

turboswimbz

nice pick up dark! I've gotten a few too.  it's great when you get lucky!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

$203 shipped for a sealed copy of John Madden Duo CD Football.  :|

The strange thing is what appears to be a 110 euro price tag on it; what's this thing doing in Europe and why does this guy think it's worth $60 extra?