RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meka

I looked at my chest and there is more than enough hair their, and thankfully no I'm not a woman. I've beaten Symphony of the Night and one GBA one, but I am concentrating on the old school one's that have no RPG elements.

roflmao

I've been playing Final Fantasy III on the SNES a lot lately.  It's one of those games I've tried a few times in the past to get into, but it never clicked with me.  When Final Fantasy II was released a friend let me borrow it and I *LOVED* it.  It's still one of my favorite CRPGs that I play through every 5 or 6 years (but wish it was more frequent).  The same friend let me borrow Final Fantasy III bitd and I didn't get into it.  When the Anthology was released for the PS1 I tried again and it just didn't click.  And there have been a couple of times I've tried playing the rom of it, but I generally don't enjoy playing on an emulator so Im' not surprised that helped sway my impression of the game.

However, I recently found it at a local used-stuff store for $7 or $8 and figured I'd be an idiot to not give it another shot at that price.

I. Am. Loving. It. 

I'm only about 8 hours in, but the whole death train section was brilliant, as was the forest area before it.  And being able to choose what order to follow different story threads was awesome.  I just hope I can stay the path and finish this one.  I honestly had to play the game for a couple of hours to get past the humdrum that I never got through before, but it has really gripped me.  I feel like I should be playing it right now instead of sitting at the computer.

esteban

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/07/2012, 04:19 PM
Quote from: meka on 08/07/2012, 01:39 PMFinished my first Castlevania game, Vampire Killer on the Mega Drive, now it's time to finally finish the PC Engine Cd one.
You've gotta do the first one on the NES, beating that game will put some hair on your chest
Absolutely.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

I've conquered Castlevanias 1-4, Dracula X, Bloodlines, SotN, and Castlevania Chronicles on the Playstation.  I got really far in Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on N64 too, but never finished it off.  :(

Yea, play 'em all, conquer 'em all!!

Recently, we sat down and played around with the Sega CD. A few hours of FLINK (Neat game!), Batman Returns, and of course the necessary FMV cheesiness that you must play when toying with the SEGA CD> Sewer Shark and WireHead!!  LOL

Good times, but I'm sure NecroPhile will have my head for foregoing precious time I could have been working on Emerald Dragon for that DAMNED FEKA CD!!   8-[
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/13/2012, 10:51 AMI've conquered Castlevanias 1-4, Dracula X, Bloodlines, SotN, and Castlevania Chronicles on the Playstation.  I got really far in Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on N64 too, but never finished it off.  :(

Recently, we sat down and played around with the Sega CD. A few hours of FLINK (Neat game!), Batman Returns, and of course the necessary FMV cheesiness that you must play when toying with the SEGA CD> Sewer Shark and WireHead!!  LOL

Good times, but I'm sure NecroPhile will have my head for foregoing precious time I could have been working on Emerald Dragon for that DAMNED FEKA CD!!   8-[
Flink is that cute, euro-platformer? I always wanted to try that. Yet one more game to put on my want list. :pcgs:

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: esteban on 08/13/2012, 11:44 AM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/13/2012, 10:51 AMI've conquered Castlevanias 1-4, Dracula X, Bloodlines, SotN, and Castlevania Chronicles on the Playstation.  I got really far in Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness on N64 too, but never finished it off.  :(

Good times, but I'm sure NecroPhile will have my head for foregoing precious time I could have been working on Emerald Dragon for that DAMNED FEKA CD!!   8-[
Flink is that cute, euro-platformer? I always wanted to try that. Yet one more game to put on my want list. :pcgs:
Yep, it's like a mix of every Psygnosis game and Magical Quest starring Micky Mouse.  Great soundtrack, looks like a HUGE beautiful game too.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

Picked up Persona 4 arena. So i've been grinding out with Ahkihiko in that game for a bit. Also playing final fantasy thertarhythm on the go for the 3DS

Lilgrafx

This man has a chest of a grizzy bear. I've beaten 1,4, and X

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 08/13/2012, 10:51 AMGood times, but I'm sure NecroPhile will have my head for foregoing precious time I could have been working on Emerald Dragon for that DAMNED FEKA CD!!   8-[
You BASTARD!!!  But at least you were playing what's probably my favorite Feka CD title.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VenomMacbeth

Just spent about an hour alternating between Thunder Blade and Fantasy Zone on the PC Engine.  Thunder Blade is actually really enjoyable compared to the Master System & "Super" Genesis versions.  Fantasy Zone is fun & looks great, but for some reason I don't like it as much as the Famicom version (maybe because that's the version I played first?)
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Ji-L87

Finally beat Rockman Dash 2 earlier, after a bit too much time spent grinding. It's really not a game in which you need to grind, under normal circumstances. But if you, like me, want to upgrade the laser weapon to the max (and get a decent amount of extra health packs) you are looking at bringing together some 4500 000 - 5000 000 zenny.  :|

Now I'm just grabbing stuff from my pile of unplayed games that looks interesting. Just tried out Gakuensai for the PS1, one of those dating sims. It's weird how things always ends up for me in these kind games. The "cover girls", so to speak, are always uninteresting and designed for wide appeal so I always end up chasing after the hard to get types (like, non social character - doesn't want to talk to you) and by the time we get to engage in some kind of meaningful communication, I've already managed to attract the attention of one of the other girls which I'm not at all interested in - date events and all that. :-k

...hm, it's hard to talk about that kind of game without feeling like an "forever alone" waiting to happen  :lol:
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

liquitek

It has been a week of 3 games I have played through numerous times: the original Halo on Xbox, Radiant Silvergun on SS and Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari on PCE.
So much fun.  Easy to pick up and hard to put down!

Digi.k

Trying to play phantasy star online 2 but...

What is it with Gameguard?  thanks to the new update first it tells me my windows is not genuine then it makes my pc freeze after 11 minutes..  and I am not alone.

http://bumped.org/psublog/

Ji-L87

Quote from: Digi.k on 08/17/2012, 11:47 AMTrying to play phantasy star online 2 but...

What is it with Gameguard?  thanks to the new update first it tells me my windows is not genuine then it makes my pc freeze after 11 minutes..  and I am not alone.

I heard some people had problems, but I haven't encountered any. I guess I shall count myself lucky then.
Speaking of PSO 2, just opened up a quest which made me face that dragon thing in the volcano area...and thus got did in pretty bad :P
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Digi.k

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 08/17/2012, 12:30 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 08/17/2012, 11:47 AMTrying to play phantasy star online 2 but...

Speaking of PSO 2, just opened up a quest which made me face that dragon thing in the volcano area...and thus got did in pretty bad :P
I hear it is more of a problem with those who have win 7 64-bit like me...

Volcano area is a pretty great place to level up and farm especially if you have unlocked the free roam areas.  Also you may run into a map that has 3 different bosses fighting each other and then you !!

meka

GG Aleste, it's way too easy, now playing GG Aleste 2 which is a lot more challenging.

esteban

Quote from: Ji-L87 on 08/17/2012, 09:16 AM...hm, it's hard to talk about that kind of game without feeling like an "forever alone" waiting to happen  :lol:
This is the intriguing aspect of a good novel/film/song/video game: when it strikes a primal chord :pcgs:

munchiaz

Played Rayman origin on the Wii tonight with my girlfriend for like an hour. That game is awesome. It plays alot better than New super mario bros Wii does with more than one person. Also The last stage i played tonight was a Shmup stage. It was just so great. I love game developers throw different genres into there games.

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/19/2012, 02:48 AMPlayed Rayman origin on the Wii tonight with my girlfriend for like an hour. That game is awesome. It plays alot better than New super mario bros Wii does with more than one person. Also The last stage i played tonight was a Shmup stage. It was just so great. I love game developers throw different genres into there games.
Rayman has a shoot-em-up stage? Ha! That is kool. Just to be clear: not a run-n-gun, but a shoot-em-up... :pcds:

Lilgrafx

Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2012, 07:42 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/19/2012, 02:48 AMPlayed Rayman origin on the Wii tonight with my girlfriend for like an hour. That game is awesome. It plays alot better than New super mario bros Wii does with more than one person. Also The last stage i played tonight was a Shmup stage. It was just so great. I love game developers throw different genres into there games.
Rayman has a shoot-em-up stage? Ha! That is kool. Just to be clear: not a run-n-gun, but a shoot-em-up... :pcds:
Yeah it's a shoot 'em up stage. There is one at the end on each world.

munchiaz

Played the last story today for about 5 hours today. Game is pretty fun, the battle system is a bit crazy, but its different and fun

Digi.k

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/20/2012, 02:09 AMPlayed the last story today for about 5 hours today. Game is pretty fun, the battle system is a bit crazy, but its different and fun
I am thinking about picking up a cheap 2nd hand wii for some of the rpgs.. including this one.  From what I've read on the net going into the options menu and changing "Attack Type" from Automatic to Manual improves things drastically .

BlueBMW

Played some xcom terror from the deep.  Forgot how bloody hard that game is!  Stupid jet harpoons are worthless!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Played some IMPLODE after reading the thread about Kickstarting a real pressing for MeteorBlasterDX.

nectarsis

FINALLY got my copy of Sleeping Dogs in...LOVING it so far.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

motdelbourt

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/19/2012, 12:18 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2012, 07:42 AM
Yeah it's a shoot 'em up stage. There is one at the end on each world.
That game is so fucking great. And I saw it at Best Buy the other day for $10.

kakutolives

started Playing Dust: An Elysean Tail. Game is real fun :)
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

VenomMacbeth

Alright, about to make myself look really bad here...

I got Lightening Force for the Genesis, and I gotta say, what an amazing game. 

...but it's fucking impossible.  I suck soooo bad at this game.  Even with the 99 lives cheat, I STILL managed to Game Over! (I lost a shit ton of lives on the final boss.)

The music and graphics are absolutely incredible, more akin to something I'd see on a 32-bit system, but it's just too damn hard.  Still love it, but I can't play it for shite.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

futureman2000

Yeah, the scrolling on the water stage is crazy. I should try that cheat code- never did win it.

VenomMacbeth

All you gotta do is access the config menu (A+start at the title screen) and set your extra lives to zero.  There's supposed to be a button combo you can hit on the pause screen that enables all of your weapons, but I could never get it to work.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

SamIAm

Lightening Force/Thunder Force IV is brilliant all around, but it is a tough one. You don't dodge attacks as they're coming at you so much as you make sure you're well out of the way before they even start. In other words, you gotta memorize everything.

The chiptunes are awesome. Number 4 and 10 of the Omake tracks are really good, so don't miss them.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: SamIAm on 08/22/2012, 05:27 PMLightening Force/Thunder Force IV is brilliant all around, but it is a tough one. You don't dodge attacks as they're coming at you so much as you make sure you're well out of the way before they even start. In other words, you gotta memorize everything.

The chiptunes are awesome. Number 4 and 10 of the Omake tracks are really good, so don't miss them.
I've been listening to the high-score "Ace" music on repeat. :D  This and MUSHA have the best soundtracks on the Genny, IMHO.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

TR0N

Wii
The Last Story

My copy finally came in and yes i got the sound track to since i preorder it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bartre

Quote from: TR0N on 08/23/2012, 01:46 AMWii
The Last Story

My copy finally came in and yes i got the sound track to since i preorder it.
HELL YES.
I've been addicted to this game lately.
I really like it, though the story is nothing hugely "new," kinda has a final fantasy IX feel.

and dammit guys, you reminded me that I still don't have MUSHA  :cry:

meka

Metal Force on the NES, it's a bit like megaman but nowhere near as good.

VenomMacbeth

Been playing Sunsoft's After Burner II on the Famicom.  People rag on this port, but I think it's absolutely brilliant considering the hardware.  The music's kickass, the graphics are presentable (if bland), and the neat refueling sequences are there (Hang-On motorcycle and Out Run Ferrari included!) as are the voice synthesis and the "after burners".  It can be a really, really fun game if you can get past the choppy scrolling (which isn't even really a problem when you've got the throttle wide open :D )
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

TR0N

PS3
Dark Souls
Double Dragon Neon

Before some says dark souls again wtf !? Well,Dark Souls dlc is out now for 360&PS3 and i am trying it out.Still i don't like what the patch has done to change the game.

Review of the pc version which mention the extra content.
IMG

Marll

PS3- Finished Episode 4 of The Walking Dead last night. I've liked the games so far, can't wait for the finale with ep. 5.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

munchiaz

Been playing pokemon black 2. So far i have 3 badges. Also been playing a lil of code of princess. The game is awesome. It doesn't take itself seriously, and the dialog and dub is really solid.  Also Still playing KOF 13. Ive tried to play other fighting games like Soul Calibur 5 and Person 4 area, but i keep coming back to KOF 13. Its just Honest fighting. No gimmicks, and the character roster is pretty balanced

majors

Picked up Mickey Mania for Sega CD this weekend and gave it a good hour before enabling the level select cheat (limited continues). Then I did a few levels on Robo Aleste with my newly resurfaced disc, I now have non-skipping audio and it will load beyond area 4!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

Digi.k

can never get bored of this silly game...

oh look at my flag :D
IMG

esteban

I almost missed that flag!

VenomMacbeth

Been playing Captain Skyhawk on the NES.  Pretty fun little game, I'm a lot better at it now than I was when I played it last (for some reason.)  I only just figured out you can barrel roll with the select button, but that gets me killed more often than it helps.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/02/2012, 11:51 AMcan never get bored of this silly game...

oh look at my flag :D
IMG
can't wait for the 3DS game. I will have no life when that sucker drops

TurboCro

Did a lil shmup run of Phelios and TF3. Not bad for a lazy Sunday morning.

Digi.k

Mother 3 on GBA emulator on my android.

FF6 advance on my GBA micro

TR0N

IMG

roflmao

Super Game Boy: Tetris, Solar Strike, Alleyway (Best arkanoid-type game I've played yet.  The control is spot on and the physics are generally really good)

SNES: F-Zero (I LOVE the music in this game)

TG/PCE: Air Zonk - Man that last level is crazy...

BlueBMW

Fzero is one of my favorites too.  Music is top notch!  Pick up a repro of the satellaview game Fzero2 for sfc.  Its basically one more league to play, though the cars are different.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

It's been on my radar for awhile, but I haven't bit the bullet yet. :)