@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

I'm not saying that there aren't actual "new" things on ebay, but I swear that word in the item description is irrelevant to the item's actual condition and whether or not it's actually been used.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

tpivette

Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

psychobear

Quote from: tpivette on 02/16/2013, 01:46 PMHere's a new low... someone is trying to sell a Turbo Everdrive for almost double what they cost new:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pc-engine-turbografx-16-everdrive-Board-/111013767793?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d8efaa71
I was gonna post this, I email him asking him what's up with the price, that these could be purchases for around 80$ shipped brand new and this is his response,

Yes you can,some resellers buy them for $15.00 and sale them for $80

- bosnacmb

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: psychobear on 02/16/2013, 01:50 PMI was gonna post this, I email him asking him what's up with the price, that these could be purchases for around 80$ shipped brand new and this is his response,

Yes you can,some resellers buy them for $15.00 and sale them for $80

- bosnacmb
And I quote the great Hermes Conrad of Futurama fame, "That just raises further questions!"
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

tggodfrey

I watch auction for 2 year on ebay and realize I wasta lotsa time.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Quote from: tpivette on 02/16/2013, 01:46 PMHere's a new low... someone is trying to sell a Turbo Everdrive for almost double what they cost new:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/pc-engine-turbografx-16-everdrive-Board-/111013767793?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d8efaa71
Reported him for selling prohibited items.  Now watch as ebay does nothing!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Took a quick peek in this thread today, found this and got pissed off, then left... Pfffft. What a piece of shit!

Gladiator316

I have 19 game left to collect...including samurai ghost, shockman and parasol stars.....I looking at these prices i dont even want to finish..Just wanna give the fuck up..and Goodwill isnt helping much either..I MEAN ITS GOOD FUCKN WILL....and yes Im not counting Magical chase cause only a insane fool would pay 2,000$ for a video game....probably one of Mitt Romney's sons / Or the Obama clan  :twisted:
93/94 TurboChips

RoyVegas

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 02:45 PMand yes Im not counting Magical chase cause only a insane fool would pay 2,000$ for a video game....probably one of Mitt Romney's sons  :twisted:
Maybe next time you're waiting in line, for your next Obamaphone handout, they'll start handing out Magical Chases.  :-({|= In jest, relax!!!
All is well. :)

Gladiator316

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/20/2013, 02:57 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 02:45 PMand yes Im not counting Magical chase cause only a insane fool would pay 2,000$ for a video game....probably one of Mitt Romney's sons  :twisted:
Maybe next time you're waiting in line, for your next Obamaphone handout, they'll start handing out Magical Chases.  :-({|= In jest, relax!!!
I'm guessing your one of those fools who jacks up the price for everyone else.. buying those wonderful ebay bargains. Still sore he won huh?
93/94 TurboChips

NightWolve

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:13 PMI'm guessing your one of those fools who jacks up the price for everyone else.. buying those wonderful ebay bargains. Still sore he won huh?
You're the one that took shots at Romney's sons for no good reason and you probably don't even know their names, an attack that is as if you can't find rich democrats and their kids. You're still gloating that he won, in here?

Gladiator316

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/20/2013, 03:17 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:13 PMI'm guessing your one of those fools who jacks up the price for everyone else.. buying those wonderful ebay bargains. Still sore he won huh?
You're the one that took shots at Romney's sons for no good reason and you probably don't even know their names, an attack that is as if you can't find rich democrats and their kids. You're still gloating that he won, in here?
I didn't gloat. Their names are not worth knowing...I said nothing bout democrats or republicans...your the one who made that connection.

Anyways what I was saying is that I'm not expecting to find magical chase...I'm not even looking for it there...and its not worth the price that the ones can afford it buy it for.
93/94 TurboChips

NightWolve

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:32 PM
I didn't gloat. Their names are not worth knowing...I said nothing bout democrats or republicans...your the one who made that connection.
Bullshit. You worked in a political attack (AKA shoehorned) against the sons of the republican candidate that just lost the presidential election, playing off the stereotype of rich republicans that don't give a shit, etc. You inherently gloated by asking the other guy, "Still sore that Obama won, huh?"

QuoteAnyways what I was saying is that I'm not expecting to find magical chase...I'm not even looking for it there...and its not worth the price that the ones can afford it buy it for.
That was not of any offense, your political and awkward cheap shot was.

Gladiator316

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/20/2013, 03:40 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:32 PM
Bullshit. You worked in a political attack (AKA shoehorned) against the sons of the republican candidate that just lost the presidential election, playing off the stereotype of rich republicans that don't give a shit, etc. You inherently gloated by asking the other guy, "Still sore that Obama won, huh?"

QuoteAnyways what I was saying is that I'm not expecting to find magical chase...I'm not even looking for it there...and its not worth the price that the ones can afford it buy it for.
That was not of any offense, your political and awkward cheap shot was.
....I didnt know you were in love with the Romney clan. So I apologize bout the cheap shot...All Politicians are rich and don't give a shit..That should please the crying public.
93/94 TurboChips

NightWolve

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:46 PM....I didnt know you were in love with the Romney clan. So I apologize bout the cheap shot...All Politicians are rich and don't give a shit..That should please the crying public.
Oh, I see, I gotta be a hater of the Romney clan, otherwise I'm in "love" with them... That makes sense.

Bernie

hmmm....  Seeing a side of this guy that screams he wont last.....

Gladiator316

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/20/2013, 03:51 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:46 PM....I didnt know you were in love with the Romney clan. So I apologize bout the cheap shot...All Politicians are rich and don't give a shit..That should please the crying public.
Oh, I see, I gotta be a hater of the Romney clan, otherwise I'm in "love" with them... That makes sense.
Oh relax NightWolve.. I could of put Obamas kids in the sentence..it doesnt matter..As Americans we are supposed to hate all politicians....they basically control our lives, while they live the good life from the sweat off our backs. I like arguing/debating bout politicians and games its fun to see the peoples reactions...personally I think both Obama and Romney suckd donkey balls...

I'll just stick to game arguing now..
93/94 TurboChips

tggodfrey

I love how so many of the Obama lovers dont even understand what he is doing to the country.  They stopped paying attention after the words Change, Entitled, and Free.

Back on topic.....I sent Bosnacmb a Message and the link to the Everdrive new for 80.00 and I got this reply:  Watch who your calling an idiot.....You are monkey.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bernie

Quote from: tggodfrey on 02/20/2013, 04:05 PMI love how so many of the Obama lovers dont even understand what he is doing to the country.  They stopped paying attention after the words Change, Entitled, and Free.

Back on topic.....I sent Bosnacmb a Message and the link to the Everdrive new for 80.00 and I got this reply:  Watch who your calling an idiot.....You are monkey.
LMAO!!  You are monkey..  OMG im seriously laughing here.  HAHA!!!

Gladiator316

Quote from: tggodfrey on 02/20/2013, 04:05 PMI love how so many of the Obama lovers dont even understand what he is doing to the country.  They stopped paying attention after the words Change, Entitled, and Free.
Off topic again but your right...
Obamacare is gonna tear a new one in every American...and those Health Insurance companies are gonna become filthy rich..and then none of us will be able to afford any damn games..cuz we got pay for expensive ass healthcare...
93/94 TurboChips

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 02:45 PMinsane fool....probably one of Mitt Romney's sons  :twisted:
Yep.  Mormons might not be as fruitcakey as Scientologists or Kabbalah-ist, but they're still pretty damn nutty.  And one of the sons is named Tag!  Fuckin' crazy I tells ya!

That's right, I'll take a shot at the Romneys for a very good reason: because I can and this ain't the White House press room.  They don't need anyone white knighting for their honor on a random game forum, so get over it!  

Quote from: tggodfrey on 02/20/2013, 04:05 PMI love how so many of the Obama lovers dont even understand what he is doing to the country.  They stopped paying attention after the words Change, Entitled, and Free.
And I love how so many of the Obama haters don't even understand what he has (or rather hasn't) done, instead blaming him for everything they don't like, even if it was set in place before Obama was elected.  Not that Bush was treated any differently, mind you.

NightWolve

Quote from: tggodfrey on 02/20/2013, 04:05 PMBack on topic.....I sent Bosnacmb a Message and the link to the Everdrive new for 80.00 and I got this reply:  Watch who your calling an idiot.....You are monkey.
I swear, eBay really needs to have a way to let other users interact on sales postings! Like say a comments section at the bottom where I can either praise the seller and the price, give 'em a thumbs up, or conversely, trash and give a thumbs down to warn potential suckers from doing business with that person and that they can currently buy the same item for half the price straight from the producer, be able to drop a link, etc.

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2013, 04:27 PMThat's right, I'll take a shot at the Romneys for a very good reason: because I can and this ain't the White House press room.  They don't need anyone white knighting for their honor on a random game forum, so get over it!
Well, then you're gonna get called out on it, as in I'm gonna take a shot at you, so get over that! It was a cheap shot, that didn't have anything to do with anything here! And calling him out on it wasn't a "white knighting" operation... The election's been over and I don't see much future for Romney (as in him being considered a future threat), so one can save the political spam for on-topic political threads instead of stirring the pot in an unrelated one. It was a stupid thing to say in general. I'm, what, supposed to hate his sons in particular because he was successful in life, earned millions of dollars and can give them a life few will ever have ?? He only noticed "rich kids" now or some shit and only limited to the offspring of wealthy republican politicians ?

bob

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 03:13 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/20/2013, 02:57 PM
I'm guessing your one of those fools who jacks up the price for everyone else.. buying those wonderful ebay bargains. Still sore he won huh?
Ok, YOU sir have not been here long enough to make these accusations. If you are even hinting at Roy for price inflation, from my experience, you are ass backward.

@Bernie:
I agree this guy prob won't last, but you have to admit, it's always fun when they do pop up.

Gladiator316

WOW I never realized how serious you forum guys get :-s..hahaha....and to those who keep saying I probably wont last...your probably right..LOL
Well its been fun reading your comments.[/quote]
 I'm, what, supposed to hate his sons in particular because he was successful in life, earned millions of dollars and can give them a life few will ever have ?? He only noticed "rich kids" now or some shit and only limited to the offspring of wealthy republican politicians ?[/quote]
oh by the way, Mitt Romney got successful by closing down American Companies, moving them to China and selling the land to the Japanese. Don't believe me take some time away from the forum , go to business school and learn what his company does.

Have a blast  :mrgreen:
93/94 TurboChips

RoyVegas

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 05:08 PMoh by the way, Mitt Romney got successful by closing down American Companies, moving them to China and selling the land to the Japanese. Don't believe me take some time away from the forum , go to business school and learn what his company does.

Have a blast  :mrgreen:
So, it wasn't a shot at Romney at all and what you really meant was ANY politician. But here you are back on Romney's sack. Anyone that can't see what your intentions were would have to be blind.

NightWolve

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 05:08 PMoh by the way, Mitt Romney got successful by closing down American Companies, moving them to China and selling the land to the Japanese. Don't believe me take some time away from the forum , go to business school and learn what his company does.

Have a blast  :mrgreen:
Ah, well yeah, your intentions were fully revealed now and it seems like you're still stuck in election mode wanting to play the Bain game. Look, dude, that worked, and your guy won the election so we're stuck with him for another 4 years! Congratulations, but time to let it go! The focus is on and should be Obama, who's actually in the WhiteHouse right now. Why exactly you were wanting to inspire jealously/envy/hate on Romney's sons in particular, I dunno, but I find something very wrong with that. Guilt by familial association, they're likely just as "evil" as the father, going by your smear there of him and your negative generalization of Bain Capital ??

CrackTiger

Quote from: galam on 02/20/2013, 04:51 PMOk, YOU sir have not been here long enough to make these accusations. If you are even hinting at Roy for price inflation, from my experience, you are ass backward.
Lol, I guess you haven't been here long enough either. :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 05:08 PMoh by the way, Mitt Romney got successful by closing down American Companies, moving them to China and selling the land to the Japanese.
and...?

CrackTiger

Quote from: galam on 02/20/2013, 07:26 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/20/2013, 05:08 PMoh by the way, Mitt Romney got successful by closing down American Companies, moving them to China and selling the land to the Japanese.
and...?
Read the opening post of this  thread. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

bob

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2013, 07:24 PM
Quote from: galam on 02/20/2013, 04:51 PMOk, YOU sir have not been here long enough to make these accusations. If you are even hinting at Roy for price inflation, from my experience, you are ass backward.
Possibly I'm missing something, but I got a really good deal from him.   :-k
Regardless, he WAS a bit quick to jump.

BigusSchmuck

Jesus Christ, I don't post for a few days and we got a political shit storm going on. This thread is for posting ebay gougers, not to argue about who killed who. Fighting Street we go? Anyway, whats the deal with Bonk 3 getting a $200 starting price point? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-Bonk-3-Excellent-condition-/170992858648?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cff7f618
Let alone a $230 buy it now option?
Or Exile 2 starting at $140?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exile-Wicked-Phenomenon-Turbografx-CD-1993-Very-Rare-Working-Designs-Game-/111013020103?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d8e441c7
Lame, absolutely lame.

Gladiator316

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 02/21/2013, 01:17 PMJesus Christ, I don't post for a few days and we got a political shit storm going on. This thread is for posting ebay gougers, not to argue about who killed who. Fighting Street we go? Anyway, whats the deal with Bonk 3 getting a $200 starting price point? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-Bonk-3-Excellent-condition-/170992858648?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cff7f618
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exile-Wicked-Phenomenon-Turbografx-CD-1993-Very-Rare-Working-Designs-Game-/111013020103?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item19d8e441c7
Lame, absolutely lame.
Im curious what would be the correct price for Bonk 3? Just in case I spot one and need to know what its really worth?
93/94 TurboChips

RoyVegas

Quote from: galam on 02/21/2013, 12:59 PMPossibly I'm missing something,
Alot but I have no doubt people will be quick to fill you in on their own versions.

Quote from: galam on 02/21/2013, 12:59 PMbut I got a really good deal from him.   :-k
A ton of people have on here. Alot of times in life, people love to focus on the negative and none of the positives. Such is life.

roflmao

Quote from: galam on 02/21/2013, 12:59 PMPossibly I'm missing something, but I got a really good deal from him.   :-k
You are, but really it's old news and doesn't need to be brought back up, imo.  I wasn't around during that earlier chapter, but I've read through it, and it's best to be kept in the past.  Regarless of what happened in the past, the RoyVegas here now has offered some very good deals on items and has contributed a lot of cool info to the community.  No need digging out skeletons from the closet when we've got a good thing going here. Just my .02. :D

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 01:33 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 02/21/2013, 01:17 PMJesus Christ, I don't post for a few days and we got a political shit storm going on. This thread is for posting ebay gougers, not to argue about who killed who. Fighting Street we go? Anyway, whats the deal with Bonk 3 getting a $200 starting price point? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-Bonk-3-Excellent-condition-/170992858648?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cff7f618
Lame, absolutely lame.
Im curious what would be the correct price for Bonk 3? Just in case I spot one and need to know what its really worth?
If you're patient you can get it for under $100.

NecroPhile

It ain't Turbob, but who wants a Playdia setup?  Only $800 ($1400 BIN) for a chance to own a nigh worthless system that'll make owning a PC-FX feel like an MVS by comparison.

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/21/2013, 01:36 PMAlot of times in life, people love to focus on the negative and none of the positives. Such is life.
Boo-hoo.

CrackTiger

Quote from: galam on 02/21/2013, 12:59 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/20/2013, 07:24 PM
Possibly I'm missing something, but I got a really good deal from him.   :-k
I agree about people snapping at each other.

You just happened to be discussing a few different specific things at once that are actually tied together. Your bringing in forum experience as a justification for judging people happens to be particularly ironic given the history of this thread(s). You didn't say anything bad that I was reacting to, it was just amusing given the circumstances. :)

RoyVegas

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 01:33 PMIm curious what would be the correct price for Bonk 3? Just in case I spot one and need to know what its really worth?
Taking a note from what forum members here say is important. That message is usually the same from everyone and that is: BE PATIENT!  I bought a game lot on eBay and resold the stuff I didn't want/need here on the forums. My Bonk 3 loosie ended up costing me less than $15. Take your time, Turbo games go up and down in price.

Gladiator316

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/21/2013, 02:37 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 01:33 PMIm curious what would be the correct price for Bonk 3? Just in case I spot one and need to know what its really worth?
Taking a note from what forum members here say is important. That message is usually the same from everyone and that is: BE PATIENT!  I bought a game lot on eBay and resold the stuff I didn't want/need here on the forums. My Bonk 3 loosie ended up costing me less than $15. Take your time, Turbo games go up and down in price.
15$!! Holy Shit that is an awesome price....I see a neutopia 2 complete on ebay and put a max bid on it for 100$ and its already at 84$...Your right they do fluctuate...cuz i know i saw one on ebay last month end at 75$..

Do you think 'im getting gouged at 100$ knowing probably i wont win? 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200896862275?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
93/94 TurboChips

RoyVegas

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 02:45 PMDo you think 'im getting gouged at 100$ knowing probably i wont win? 
I also got Neutopia II in the same game lot for less that $15 (loosie).  This was just a few months ago on eBay.  Be patient.  Too much $ imo.

Gladiator316

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/21/2013, 02:51 PM
Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 02:45 PMDo you think 'im getting gouged at 100$ knowing probably i wont win? 
I also got Neutopia II in the same game lot for less that $15 (loosie).  This was just a few months ago on eBay.  Be patient.  Too much $ imo.
I really appreciate it..Well i'm sure i wont win...only reason i went 100$ bucks is cuz i have a 100$ gift card..given to me like a year ago..and i just recently found it :-)
93/94 TurboChips

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 02:45 PM
15$!! Holy Shit that is an awesome price....I see a neutopia 2 complete on ebay and put a max bid on it for 100$ and its already at 84$...Your right they do fluctuate...cuz i know i saw one on ebay last month end at 75$..

$100 would be getting high for a CIB copy depending on condition. What you are bidding on is just a loose card and manual (it came with a plastic insert and cardboard box). If it's not too roughed up, the most you should pay is $50. A local gouging store has it for $60 and they want $140+ for Bonk 3.

Gladiator316

Quote from: guest on 02/21/2013, 02:55 PM

$100 would be getting high for a CIB copy depending on condition. What you are bidding on is just a loose card and manual (it came with a plastic insert and cardboard box). If it's not too roughed up, the most you should pay is $50. A local gouging store has it for $60 and the want $140+ for Bonk 3.
Well when i don't win...i will look for better deals to use my gift card on....

Thanks for all the knowledge guys...i'm learning alot bout the various ways games were originally sold...didn't know that neutopia 2 or bonk 3 were just box, card, and manual....

what happened did they get greedy near the end of the run and skimp out on the hucard cases and spine labels?
93/94 TurboChips

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 02/21/2013, 03:01 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/21/2013, 02:55 PM

$100 would be getting high for a CIB copy depending on condition. What you are bidding on is just a loose card and manual (it came with a plastic insert and cardboard box). If it's not too roughed up, the most you should pay is $50. A local gouging store has it for $60 and the want $140+ for Bonk 3.
Well when i don't win...i will look for better deals to use my gift card on....

Thanks for all the knowledge guys...i'm learning alot bout the various ways games were originally sold...didn't know that neutopia 2 or bonk 3 were just box, card, and manual....

what happened did they get greedy near the end of the run and skimp out on the hucard cases and spine labels?
There are threads about packaging. You should learn what each game came with before considering paying collectors prices for them. Depending on the game, the level of completeness plays a huge role in values.

RoyVegas

Gladiator316

Quote from: RoyVegas on 02/21/2013, 04:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/21/2013, 03:07 PMYou should learn what each game came with before considering paying collectors prices for them.
This should help you:

http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/vv33/royvegas/Turbografx%20Games%20Reference/
WOW!! Much appreciated Roy...amazing collection there...now i can see what game came with what :-)
93/94 TurboChips