OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

A day in the life of the PCEFX village idiot....

Started by Bernie, 03/18/2013, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie

So, I bought pyschobear's Turbo Duo from him, and when I got it the HuCARD side worked great, but the CD side would not spin up.  After visiting the chat, I decided to go ahead and take the top off, and see what I can see...  Ok, so far so good.  Turned out to be an easy fix, the laser gear was just stuck for whatever reason.  A little fiddling and it went right to working.  Sooo...rather than screw the lid back on, I decide to clean it.  It had something all over it, and in the cracks and stuff so I wanted to clean it while I had it off.  After a good washing, looked great. Dried it off, but decided I wanted to get it all dry in the cracks, crevices.. ect...  I grab a hair dryer, yeah laugh it up, and proceed to drying it.  Working well, so I set it down for a second to do something, literally not long at all...  and came back to disaster...  The following pics shall tell the story, or a sad demise of a Duo when left to the hands of a moron...   ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Here is one of my Duos, looking all perty and shit..
/IMG_0075.JPG

Here is the inside of the one I got today, looks all nice and the gear is free again.
/IMG_0080.JPG

And the following pics show what happens when you go full blown retard and get impatient....
/IMG_0077.JPG
/IMG_0078.JPG
/IMG_0079.JPG

Moral of the story...Don't be a retard like me....Let it drip dry.....

RyuHayabusa

jelloslug

jlued686

Well Forum Members, Bernie has murdered a Duo. Unintentional homicide, though it is, punishment is still due.

Public flogging? Locked in a room with RegalSin? What should his sentence be?

PCEngineHell

Live and learn. Find a large anti static bag and store the good parts for later down the road. To be honest though that thing was going to need a cap kit done anyway, so its basically meh until that is out of the way. Maybe someone here who does cap work has a spare shell they can give you along with the work. I'd check around and see.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2013, 06:07 PMWell Forum Members, Bernie has murdered a Duo. Unintentional homicide, though it is, punishment is still due.

Public flogging? Locked in a room with RegalSin? What should his sentence be?
How 'bout forcing him to clear Deep Blue, Wonder Momo, or Energy before he gets to play the good stuff?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineHell

Bernie

Quote from: psychobear on 03/18/2013, 06:16 PM:cry: :cry: :cry:
Dont worry man.  Its going out tomorrow to chop, and he thinks he can salvage it.  He will go ahead and recap it while he has it in hand.  Trust me, I felt terrible!!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

It's just a flesh wound, right?

I say leave it as is.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2013, 06:15 PMHow 'bout forcing him to clear Deep Blue, Wonder Momo, or Energy before he gets to play the good stuff?
wonder momo and energy? that's not punishment! that's like eating ice cream and playing with puppies.....
make him clear failcon, now that's punishment!

CGQuarterly

I wouldn't have thought that a hair dryer could do that.  I always use dust-off to get water out of crevices and whatnot.

Chris

turbokon

Crazy, that some hot hair dryer. I blame the hair dryer;)
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Looks like a good candidate for a JAMMA duo unit ;)

Just take it all the way out of the shell, mount it on a board... oh yeah it could be sweet!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/18/2013, 07:24 PMLooks like a good candidate for a JAMMA duo unit ;)

Just take it all the way out of the shell, mount it on a board... oh yeah it could be sweet!
Whatever chop can do, I will go with..  lol.  Least I can laugh now.  I was so pissed earlier that I was speechless...  Trust me, that means I was plenty pissed....

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/18/2013, 07:24 PMLooks like a good candidate for a JAMMA duo unit ;)

man that is a great idea, i need a jamma duo bad!

tpivette

Hard to believe a hair dryer can do that kind of damage that fast! A moment of silence for the passing of this poor Duo...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

jelloslug

you could always buy a junk duo from Japan off of ebay and recycle the shell.

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 03/18/2013, 07:55 PMyou could always buy a junk duo from Japan off of ebay and recycle the shell.
That will be an option considered at a later date...

RoyVegas

Holy hell!  Sorry to see this happened to ya. Luckily its just the shell.
All is well. :)

Tatsujin

/bembydiscovery.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Oh Bernie.... :( You have my condolences.  I can't imagine how I'd feel if I saw my Duo looking like that.  At least it's going to good hands.  If anyone can help you out, it's Chop.

Tatsujin

Yeah, chops has the pepperled magic power of back bends. He can fix it in no time :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SignOfZeta

Do you set a *running* hair dryer down while it was pointed at the Duo? You're lucky you didn't burn down your house.
IMG

NightWolve

Damn Bernie... Sucks. :\ I would've expected this from a general heat gun, not a blow dryer, but yeah, I guess you decided to walk away for a bit... Bad move...

Maybe this will make ya feel better on the dummy scale though, but I once "walked away" from leaving water running to fill a sink and thinking the overfill drain was working well enough, so for my troubles, I partly destroyed $15k in remodeling work I had done to the bathroom under the floor below me... That was not a happy day, lemme tell ya... :cry:

Let's just say I had to do some more work and go with nice, new ceiling tiles instead of solid, smooth, painted drywall as I did before... But yeah, if you "set something in motion," let's say, it's probably best that you don't walk away lest you momentarily forget about it (good e.g., throwing pizza in an oven, ya know, old ones without digital shutoff timers)...

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/18/2013, 06:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/18/2013, 06:15 PM120% MAXIMA BERNIE/BURNING FEST

Fire it up!
hah.
get it.
Fire.
Like that guy said: "Best dance moves in the history of music." Hahaha! I gave 'im another thumbs up.

DragonmasterDan

It might even be possible to find a dead unrepairable Duo (I know there have been a few) and simply buy the shell from the previous owner.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/18/2013, 09:35 PM

/bembydiscovery.jpg
That brings back memories. :)

Sorry to hear that Bernie. Glad to hear chop is coming to the rescue. I am confident that this story will have a happy ending.

KnightWarrior

Arkhan Asylum

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

IMG IMG IMG Sorry, bernie.

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/19/2013, 04:00 AM120% MAXIMA BERNIE/BURNING FEST
Like that guy said: "Best dance moves in the history of music." Hahaha! I gave 'im another thumbs up.
HOLY HELL, that video is amazing. Arthur Brown, you are my new obsession. Agreed about the dance moves. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

glazball

glazball's game collection and wantlist

Marll

I cried a bit internally when I saw the damage pics!
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

Bernie

Shit, I'm laughing now.  Shoulda seen me then...

SamIAm

Quote from: esteban on 03/19/2013, 11:25 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 03/19/2013, 04:00 AM
Like that guy said: "Best dance� moves in the history of music." Hahaha! I gave 'im another thumbs up.
HOLY HELL, that video is amazing. Arthur Brown, you are my new obsession. Agreed about the dance moves. :pcgs:
From Wikipedia:

Their song "Fire" (released in 1968 as a single) was one of the one-hit wonders in the United Kingdom and United States in the 1960s. "Fire" sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc.[1]

Also, Bernie, I'd take it as a sign from the Duo Gods that the time has come for you to come up with an incredible Duo mod.

Tatsujin

NightWolve

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Bernie on 03/20/2013, 12:36 PMShit, I'm laughing now.  Shoulda seen me then...
At least its just a shell, hell you could mount that in a pc case and be good to go! Can't be any worse than my boss putting in the pciexpress connector where the 4 pin power was supposed to be. I have never seen a motherboard capacitors blow up so fast.

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Bernie on 03/20/2013, 12:36 PMShit, I'm laughing now.  Shoulda seen me then...
Sorry man, but it's a lesson learned. :)

Chop will be able to mold it into something cool!  Maybe a shiny new PS3!!  O_O
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Phase

If you do a custom case it might be cool to have a duo tap built in so there are 5 controller ports.

Bardoly

Quote from: Phase on 04/02/2013, 05:31 PMIf you do a custom case it might be cool to have a duo tap built in so there are 5 controller ports.
Man!  A custom Duo with a Turbo Tap built in!  That would be awesome!

Somebody please do it!

[-o&lt; [-o&lt; [-o&lt;

Bernie

I have no desire for something like that.  :)

cdamm

late to the party on this one.

but god damn, bernie. you spastic bastard.

BigusSchmuck

Don't feel too bad Bernie, when we fired up that n64 I got from you my wife spilled wax all over it from one of her candles. Thankfully it didn't damage the unit too bad, but now we are wondering if we got the Bernie curse...

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/20/2013, 01:47 PMDon't feel too bad Bernie, when we fired up that n64 I got from you my wife spilled wax all over it from one of her candles. Thankfully it didn't damage the unit too bad, but now we are wondering if we got the Bernie curse...
The Curse, it spreads...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: esteban on 04/20/2013, 02:57 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 04/20/2013, 01:47 PMDon't feel too bad Bernie, when we fired up that n64 I got from you my wife spilled wax all over it from one of her candles. Thankfully it didn't damage the unit too bad, but now we are wondering if we got the Bernie curse...
The Curse, it spreads...
The day I brought home a new NES game I found at a thrift store I happened to slip when I was putting it on the shelf and knocked a copy of SUPER GOJIRA off and it landed on it!!  I got the SNES game from Bernie.  O_O

/img20130420151924.jpg
I'm kind of creeped out by how happy and accomplished Bernie's old Super Godzilla looks here......
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Godzilla is yelling at Nimoy and Shatner "my dad's not a cell phone!"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!