PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Storino the Homebrew Gouger

Started by VestCunt, 03/10/2014, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2014, 05:00 PMI won't post any personal info as that's not cool.
I think its cool.  :-"

Bernie

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/12/2014, 07:22 PM
Quote from: guest on 03/12/2014, 05:00 PMI won't post any personal info as that's not cool.
I think its cool.  :-"
lol   I believe he has seen us talking about it, and its been enough for him to know, he has burnt a bridge here. 

The original crap about storino came about, when he told Arkhan to watch his mouth or something.  He claimed that his niece read the forums, and he didnt appreciate all the bad stuff. I believe Arkhan, or maybe Tatsujin, said a word he didnt like.  It struck him funny, and he got all shitty about it.  Then, after the shit hit the fan, he backed down and admitted he lied about his family reading the forums.  Yeah, that is where it all started.  I just dont have the patience to hunt those threads down..  Too busy hunting my 10 month old daughter down, now that she is TOTALLY MOBILE....  UGH.....

Sparky

Good memory Bernie, I thought I never forget :)
And sorry he never bought anything off me so no zippy code.
I should of had a $2.99 sticker sale he would have been first in line.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/12/2014, 10:48 PMGood memory Bernie, I thought I never forget :)
And sorry he never bought anything off me so no zippy code.
I should of had a $2.99 sticker sale he would have been first in line.
Na he would have dealt for $2.89. $2.99 is a bad investment for his type.

TheClash603

You can't miss more than a day or two around here, or else the fun passes you by!

I honestly thought that the buying and selling stuff to yourself on ebay to inflate prices was a load of crap, but this thread has me thinking otherwise.  I suppose with that pricecharting website being all the rage, it makes a lot of sense to manipulate.  Not something that would be easy to do with Mario 3, but if you have a TG16 game that pops up less frequently, I can see the manipulation working.

In the end, what I think is worst about this whole situation is:
1.)  It was a homebrew game.  Especially one that was not sealed, to help avoid this kind of stuff.  I don't ever get worked up over other sale threads like you other guys, but this crosses the line.
2.)  We all mess up sometimes and I would've loved to hear his side of the story at least.  I don't think there is a ban in play, it was a voluntary flee.  At least if he explained himself, he likely would've been roasted, but then could've went back to how he was.  The running away stuff is weak.

Arkhan Asylum

I don't remember that but it sounds fucking hilarious.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

Moving along, we know Storino would never part with a copy from his precious collection... and we know he only bought one copy originally and it had a cracked case. So, where did he get his for-sale copies?  I'm guessing he's either gouging: A) the free copy that generous Keranu mailed him or B) twelve-dollar seconds with swapped cases passed off as new.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: VestCunt on 03/13/2014, 03:28 AMMoving along, we know Storino would never part with a copy from his precious collection... and we know he only bought one copy originally and it had a cracked case. So, where did he get his for-sale copies?  I'm guessing he's either gouging: A) the free copy that generous Keranu mailed him or B) twelve-dollar seconds with swapped cases passed off as new.
I concur.

I am also surprised Storino isn't shrink-wrapping the MSR items for Ebay. Seriously.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

sicboy057

Did someone need his zip code?

Edit: Pic Removed
Looking for: Ys I&II Map | Bomberman 93 Manual | Sapphire Obi

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VestCunt

Agreed. Thanks for the zip, sicboy, but we shouldn't post anyone's full address. Thanks again.
Topic Adjourned.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: sicboy057 on 03/17/2014, 09:56 PMDid someone need his zip code?
Could you provide a more mint scan? This one is in rough shape.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

Hahahahahahahahahaha

*sees what you did there*
IMG

LostFlunky

1st buyer (the one who left feedback within an hour) has a different address... not that it means anything... lol

tggodfrey

When you ban someone their ID will still be shown in a member database as will his profile.  When you delete his ID, his profile will delete as well.  Unless there is an anomoly in the database files, thats how it works. 

Edit: I just tried to look up his profile and its no longer active.  Perhaps you guys were able to view it while he was deleting his account.

Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

He's been relegated to guest status.  Strangely, xak's account is still seemingly alive.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

VestCunt

Yeah, that comment pretty sums up Storino's contribution to any conversation: "Hey, I BOUGHT that!" Pat yourself on the back, buddy.
Topic Adjourned.

OldRover

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?21-Video-Game-Sale-Thread&p=12215&viewfull=1#post12215

I guess the community is horrible for catching him scalping red-handed. I honestly have no problems with a free market but when you deliberately inflate prices to satisfy your greed, it puts you on the same level as oil tycoons... slimy.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bernie

Arkhan Asylum

I like all the pussyfarts that parade around other forums saying PCEFX is a terrible place.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/21/2014, 01:35 PMI like all the pussyfarts that parade around other forums saying PCEFX is a terrible place.
Right? People confuse our want to protect the Turbo/PCE from greedy douchebags like stornio as being shitty.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/10/2014, 08:54 PMMore proof of the intentional unnatural manipulation of the so-called "free market", that we too-often have to bring up to new waves of "collectors", who call us a bunch of paranoid crybabies who make up these stories because we're just jealous that we can't afford to collect Turbo games.

Don't forget his innocent response to Bernie:

QuoteHaha, relax. That's why the best offer is there lol. If I get 40 I'm happy. That's how much my wife paid. I know the author, nice guy. I just don't want to wind up getting it sold for .99 cents ya know? My neo xyx copy went for 20 bucks lol, but I guess that's auctions for ya.
My God what a post, people are indeed scumbags.  I am so happy threads like this exist.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

HailingTheThings

"I cut the cord from PCEngineFX. It's a horrible community, the worst I ever came across online. The people act self-entitled and hold grudges like no other." -Storino

Wow.... what a fucking piece of shit.

I'm new here and you guys were a little butt-y to me at first, but you're not bad folks, for the short amount of time I've been a thing I've rather enjoyed my stay.
IMG

ToyMachine78

*in best gingerbread man voice* You guys are monsters!

IMG

bob

tggodfrey

there is no god........and you guys are all mean.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

OldRover

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/21/2014, 05:24 PMI'm new here and you guys were a little butt-y to me at first, but you're not bad folks, for the short amount of time I've been a thing I've rather enjoyed my stay.
Most newcomers tend to be given a trial of fire on the forum here. It's the same in most places that have been around for so long and have so many loyalists. This is a very tight-knit community, and any newcomers are going to be eyed cautiously before being accepted as "one of us", so to speak. It's nothing personal and it's nothing out of the ordinary on the internet, as well as in real life.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

roflmao

Quote from: The Old Rover on 03/21/2014, 07:40 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/21/2014, 05:24 PMI'm new here and you guys were a little butt-y to me at first, but you're not bad folks, for the short amount of time I've been a thing I've rather enjoyed my stay.
Most newcomers tend to be given a trial of fire on the forum here. It's the same in most places that have been around for so long and have so many loyalists. This is a very tight-knit community, and any newcomers are going to be eyed cautiously before being accepted as "one of us", so to speak. It's nothing personal and it's nothing out of the ordinary on the internet, as well as in real life.
Yeah, what Rover said.  You were interesting enough to pick on, and you took it with aplomb. Welcome to the loony bin! :P

HailingTheThings

IMG

Gogan

Quote from: The Old Rover on 03/21/2014, 01:03 PMhttp://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?21-Video-Game-Sale-Thread&p=12215&viewfull=1#post12215
My first thoughts, what a fuckin' pussy. Second thought, what fuckin' douchebag. THESE ARE VIDEO GAMES DUMBASS. Not stock shares.

Sorry, dumb people really piss me off.
Nothin beats the real thing.

OldRover

The forum-goers at gaijinworks are defending storino. I guess it's to be expected. Not everyone appreciates the idea that games should be... oh, I dunno... AFFORDABLE.

VestCunt

Anyone continuing this fuss at other forums, at least get the facts right. Storino didn't just "scalp homebrew." He:
1) lied to everyone here and denied accusations of reselling
2) was a reseller
3) tried to make friends and connections
4) used trust for profit
5) got caught scalping on ebay and immediately changed his username, didn't even try to defend himself
6) lied in his ebay listing about "first printing" nonsense and called a game that is still available through an authorized distributor for half the price "rare."
7) used multiple ebay accounts to sell to himself and relist, leaving false positive feedback and false completed auctions to justify his prices. This is Storino's single most damning action and should be the only message carried to other forums, if any. Free market idiots don't care about scalping, but anyone with a half a brain will acknowledge that false sales are fucked up.
8 ) is a pussy, whines about cracked cases to get free copies, and never played actually the game.

That said, don't continue this shit elsewhere. Don't post on gaijinworks. It looks bad, it's immature, feeding the fire increases the chances of Storino coming back here, and people on other forums will naturally defend Storino because it looks like he being stalked and defamed by a bunch of bitchy noobs.
Topic Adjourned.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: VestCunt on 03/22/2014, 05:28 PMThat said, don't continue this shit elsewhere. Don't post on gaijinworks. It looks bad, it's immature, feeding the fire increases the chances of Storino coming back here, and people on other forums will naturally defend Storino because it looks like he being stalked and defamed by a bunch of bitchy noobs.
THIS!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

PCEngineHell

Gaijinworks is that Victor Ireland/Working Designs related forum, no? You're going there arguing against reselling embedded with market inflation? Your argument was defeated before it even began, and not because of lack of merit. That's like walking into the New York Stock Exchange and yelling loudly and obnoxiously over and over again that everything should be free.

TheClash603

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/22/2014, 11:01 PMGaijinworks is that Victor Ireland/Working Designs related forum, no? You're going there arguing against reselling embedded with market inflation? Your argument was defeated before it even began, and not because of lack of merit. That's like walking into the New York Stock Exchange and yelling loudly and obnoxiously over and over again that everything should be free.
LOL

Tatsujin

HAHAHA.. I so laughed my belly off about all the stuff written over there, and of course also because of profs an vests post :lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

HercTNT

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/23/2014, 01:43 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 03/22/2014, 11:01 PMGaijinworks is that Victor Ireland/Working Designs related forum, no? You're going there arguing against reselling embedded with market inflation? Your argument was defeated before it even began, and not because of lack of merit. That's like walking into the New York Stock Exchange and yelling loudly and obnoxiously over and over again that everything should be free.
LOL
NO THIS!

What I have learned from this forum in the last couples years is this. Racists, bigots, white supremacists, pedophiles, or even those who joke about pedophilia are ok as long as they amuse people or sell something you want. Some guy goes to sell a video game for more than you believe its fair, by all means that miserable piece of shit should be run out of town. We all know they are the worst of the worst right?

TheClash603

Quote from: HercTNT on 03/23/2014, 09:29 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/23/2014, 01:43 PM
LOL
NO THIS!

What I have learned from this forum in the last couples years is this. Racists, bigots, white supremacists, pedophiles, or even those who joke about pedophilia are ok as long as they amuse people or sell something you want. Some guy goes to sell a video game for more than you believe its fair, by all means that miserable piece of shit should be run out of town. We all know they are the worst of the worst right?
If you know the rules, why fight them?  Embrace them good sir.

PS - I think you are a little off.

HercTNT

No one knows Nulltard, if you don't, we sure don't.  My problem is not your opinions of right and wrong. My problem is with your selective morality. Its doubtful there is anything I could ever say about that you would understand. On this we have no choice but to disagree.

Tatsujin

VestCunt

Quote from: HercTNT on 03/23/2014, 09:29 PMWhat I have learned from this forum in the last couples years is this. Racists, bigots, white supremacists, pedophiles, or even those who joke about pedophilia are ok as long as they amuse people or sell something you want. Some guy goes to sell a video game for more than you believe its fair, by all means that miserable piece of shit should be run out of town. We all know they are the worst of the worst right?
Herc, first off, I respect you. That said, you're mostly wrong. It's true that guys here like Regalsin have trolled for months and gotten away with it because they were amusing... BUT, what got him banned was in fact the pedo stuff. As soon as that hit the fan, every thinking member of the forum got pissed, finally got the attention of a mod, and got him banned.

Xray or whoever was selling signs had about 20 people lined up to buy one. Then we realized he was a nazi piece of shit and everyone publicly disowned him, shouted him down, and got him the fuck out of here.

Sure, I love to rip on reseller/gouger/scum/parasite/waste-of-food-and-seaman shit bags, but I also put my foot down on the sexist shit around here and hipster racism "jokes." If it seems like everyone only hates on the gougers it's because they're the most common evil. It's very easy for lonely video game dorks to justify profiting off of the trust and generosity of their acquaintances.

Finally, Storino did far more than try to mark up a game. See my points on page six. He lied to us, he lied in his ebay listing, he whined for a free replacement copy that he went on to sell, and he used multiple ebay accounts to generate false feedback and false sales.
Topic Adjourned.

HercTNT

VestCunt, I really don't know enough of the storino situation to have a dog in that fight in all fairness. Forgive me as I see some details a little differently. In regards to X-ray, you make it sound as if the whole community shut the guy down the instant his past was exposed. This was not the case. Only three or 4 of us, Professor leading the charge, spoke up in the beginning. The first mistake X-ray made was abusing a community member in regards to a raffle. He was not vilified for doing so by the majority of the community as they wanted his freebie. Only when faced with the possibility of being linked to a racist bigot did people react. Selective morality. As for Nulltard, he is delusional if he thinks this situation is the same as when i first spoke with him but in reverse. This community ran some bad people out of town for a reason. Nulltard picking me out of a crowd with his white knighting is laughable at best. He had no clue what was going on at the time and was proven to be on the wrong side of the fence when the majority of the community spoke.
My problem comes from what I perceive as unbalanced response to peoples behavior. Its not like i'm saying that storino is in the right. In fact, I'm pretty sure I never said that. Its the multi paged "witch hunt" as professor put it, were the community runs a guy out of town for gouging. Now, If he did more than that to deserve community action, fine. Then why do we still have community members talking as if (insert dipshit of the month name here) was ok bye them and don't see the issue. It appears to me as if though, we can't get a community concensus unless peoples wallets are on the line. I'm quite certain, that professor lead the charge on a few of those bigots and racists and he was told in the beginning that he was just trolling lulz. Only to have members do an about face later as if they were on board all along. Selective morality.
I have no interest in being right btw. Its not right or wrong, its my opinion.

NecroPhile

Unlike you two, I have no respect for Herc.  He's so wrong it'd be funny if wasn't so pathetic.

On the other hand, I gotta agree with Prof. and vesty that it's a fool's errand to try and convince the collectards over at gaijinworks about anything.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HercTNT

LOL, It would not be fighting street without a week troll job. Who know's maybe i'm not getting enough sleep, maybe i'm manstrating. It was my opinion and i'm sticking to my guns :) VestCunt, Nulltard, i can at least appreciate a spirited scrap. Thank you for being civil. Nulltard, someone here once told me to attack the point, not the person. I'm afraid in my little rant against you I failed to do that. I concede defeat on that element along. I apologize for the name calling.

Psycho Punch

QuoteHi, To be perfectly honest I have not done much with it. When I first got the game I played it a couple times on my Turbo Express and then put it in my collection and haven't touched it since. I have 100's of games and consider myself more of a Nintendo fan. Sorry if that is not the response you are looking for but I really don't give it much thought. When I first posted my find on reddit I got a bunch of messages offering all kinds of ridiculous money but I collect not sell and to have some rare titles in my collection is part of the fun..
TV Sports Cocoron?

Tatsujin

Mathius

Tatsujin

you betcha..it's the banana sketch (self defense against fruits) btw :D

watch it
Monty Python - Self Defence

:)

Mathius

LMOA I haven't seen that sketch in decades.