@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Hello World

Started by Elder, 06/02/2014, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker around these parts, but for one reason or another I never seemed to get around to posting.  I figured today was the day to change that.  My name's Jarrod, and I've been getting back into the Turbo/PC Engine scene as of late.  I run a fun YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/ProjectCOE), [I promise this this wasn't meant to be a plug for the channel], and lately I've been covering some PC Engine classics.  This reminded me that I don't actually have a lot of these games anymore.  From giving them away to friends, to straight up losing them in 'storage' a.k.a. my parents' basement in hundreds of boxes labeled "Games," to simply not ever owning many to begin with.  Back in the day I was a hardcore NES/SNES/Gen fan, I know, shame on me.  When I decided to start looking to purchase some Turbo games, I was utterly SHOCKED by how expensive some of the games are today.  I remember being able to buy Bonk's Adventure for $2, now I see it goes for $30.  That's madness I tell ya!

As is customary when you join a new board, I figured I'd pop in and finally say hello, and give you some background on why I joined.  I use the 'Elder' username in quite a few boards, so chances are high I may have stumbled onto some of you before.  If not, well hopefully you'll all get to know me in time.   :wink: I've been gaming since the introduction of the NES, but my first system was an Atari 2600, and have never put the controller down.  I also collect arcade boards, although sadly I don't actually own a cab because I simply don't have the space for one, so my trusty SuperGun gets most of the action.  I also have a site ProjectCOE.com where I post reviews for modern consoles, and have been working in the industry in one form or another for over 20 years now.  Good times! 

I always like being honest, and the truth of the matter is I came here to join in on some nostalgic conversations, see if anyone has some suggestions for potential video reviews, and naturally to see if I can find some games are somewhat decent prices.  My library of Turbo/PC Engine games is paltry right now, but hopefully with some of your help I'll be able to remedy that  =P~

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Elder

synbiosfan

Quote from: Elder on 06/02/2014, 08:03 PMbut my first system was an Atari 2800, and have never put the controller down. 
I've only seen the 2600 & 7800. Do you have pics?

In all seriousness, welcome :P

Elder

Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/02/2014, 08:08 PM
Quote from: Elder on 06/02/2014, 08:03 PMbut my first system was an Atari 2800, and have never put the controller down. 
I've only seen the 2600 & 7800. Do you have pics?

In all seriousness, welcome :P
Lol!  Good catch!  I honestly didn't realize I put 2800 lol.  That's what happens when you get older, the memory starts to go  :P  Thanks for the humorous welcome  :D

synbiosfan

My first system was a 2600 as a pre-teen so there's a few old farts here 8)

Elder

Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/02/2014, 08:12 PMMy first system was a 2600 as a pre-teen so there's a few old farts here 8)
Lol, that's good to know.  Typically the age group for retro-based forums skew a tad older than others, which is good.  I like knowing the person making fun of me isn't 100% a prepubescent lol.

HailingTheThings

IMG

esteban

Welcome, comrade.

I still play some VCS/2600 games...KABOOM! is still a fave, after all these years.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Elder

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I still use my 2600 too :)

NecroPhile

Greetings!

QuoteI post reviews for modern consoles..... my library of Turbo/PC Engine games is paltry right now.
Does not compute!  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bardoly

Welcome to Pcenginefx!

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2014, 09:40 AMGreetings!

QuoteI post reviews for modern consoles..... my library of Turbo/PC Engine games is paltry right now.
Does not compute!  :mrgreen:
Haha, that's why I post the vast majority of my reviews on retro games ;)

TR0N

Welcome to the site and yes i'm progearspec on yt  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Elder

Quote from: TR0N on 06/09/2014, 08:02 AMWelcome to the site and yes i'm progearspec on yt  :wink:
Good stuff.  Now help me find a copy of Mysterious Song!  I've been looking everywhere for a copy.

Elder

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2014, 11:18 AMI sell you my copy.  20,000 rupees, a goat, and your eldest daughter. PM me if interested!
Deal! lol.

HailingTheThings

Wish I would've snagged a second copy when they were clearance priced so I could raffle it off to you MFs. :3
IMG

Elder

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/09/2014, 11:35 PMWish I would've snagged a second copy when they were clearance priced so I could raffle it off to you MFs. :3
That would have been excellent :-P

I'm hoping Michael from Good Deal Games can snag me a copy from somewhere.  He shot me an email saying he had a few places where he was checking.  Would hate to play the second part without playing the first one.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Elder on 06/09/2014, 11:38 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/09/2014, 11:35 PMWish I would've snagged a second copy when they were clearance priced so I could raffle it off to you MFs. :3
That would have been excellent :-P

I'm hoping Michael from Good Deal Games can snag me a copy from somewhere.  He shot me an email saying he had a few places where he was checking.  Would hate to play the second part without playing the first one.
Next time you talk to this...Michael, ask him to give you a Revival Chase...then throw it at me...the facial region, preferably. Hmm yess... Hmm yessss.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Elder on 06/09/2014, 09:37 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/09/2014, 08:02 AMWelcome to the site and yes i'm progearspec on yt  :wink:
Good stuff.  Now help me find a copy of Mysterious Song!  I've been looking everywhere for a copy.
Have you asked the old rover ? Unless it's gone out of print i don't know,heck i got my copy through a raffle here.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Elder

Quote from: TR0N on 06/10/2014, 04:41 AM
Quote from: Elder on 06/09/2014, 09:37 AM
Have you asked the old rover ? Unless it's gone out of print i don't know,heck i got my copy through a raffle here.
I shot him a PM, but haven't heard anything back yet.  Hopefully he can let me know.

Elder

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/10/2014, 12:36 AMNext time you talk to this...Michael, ask him to give you a Revival Chase...then throw it at me...the facial region, preferably. Hmm yess... Hmm yessss.
If you seriously one want, hit them up.  This Michael person said they had all the indie releases in stock except for Mysterious Song.  I order Revival Chase, so if they haven't heard anything that's odd.