OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Do you plan on buying Atlantean on a card?

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 04/21/2014, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spenoza

I bet you guys are waiting for the day you can afford to upgrade to a newer printer model. Some of the newer ones are quite flexible and quality, at a much better price. Then again, considering you've been working with what you have for a while, might be better to stick with the devil you know.

Still more ground to cover in plastics printing, though. 3D replication is really a fantastic technology that we've only just begun to tap.

OldMan

QuoteI bet you guys are waiting for the day you can afford to upgrade to a newer printer model.
Not really. I see a lot of printers trying to get started, but when you look at the specs, it's pretty much the same machine. I chose what I chose based on the following:

Does it do both ABS and PLA? Can I run any other filaments (nylon, platic wood, etc)?
What kind of resolution does it have? 0.30 mm layers? How about 0.20mm? 0.10mm?
What size nozzels does it use? Can I easily change it from 0.40 to 0.25 or smaller?
Does it require special filament cartridges? How much is filament for it, anyway?
How big of a print can I do? How long does it take for the bed to heat?
Where is it made? How much is it? How much is shipping?
Is it actually in production, and being used, or is it still in kickstarter?

The one I have does PLA/ABS, out of the box. With an e3d hot end, there isn't much I can't print on it.
(Yes, the e3d will do fake wood, nylon, and a hand full of others, including a conductive plastic)
I ususally run at 0.30mm layers - but that's a matter of speed. I have used a smaller nozzle (0.25 opening) and done prints at 0.10 mm layers, but they take forever. They look nice, though.
Filament for the thing is a standard 1.75mm, available most anywhere. It's a bit expensive (2lbs for ~$50, without shipping) but a filament extruder would bring that price down - a lot (~$5/lb)
The bed is 6x6, so theoretically I can do a print that size. The cd plates are actually about 5 3/4 x 5 3/4, and I don't have too many problems, other than the nozzle clogging. And that's a very, very common problem for all these type of printers. I have reduced that drastically with the e3d, though.
The bed heats pretty slowly (about 15 min) but there are options to fix that, too. I just haven't seen a need for it. 15 min on the internet while waiting for the bed to heat is just about right  to read the forums :)
It's made in the USA, so that's a plus. It was about $800 when I bought it, including shipping and some filament - but the newer models (the sd2 basic) are down to $399, last I checked (sans shipping and filament).
Most importantly, it was actually in production at the time. I watched their forums, and read the feedback on the initial models. A lot of people were surprised at how well it worked for the price. I got a lot of advice and information there before I actually ordered one - and a lot of advice getting it to print nicely (especially at 0.10mm ) and what to upgrade, in what order.

Just as importantly, however, is the fact that it is all open-source. I can look on thingiverse and find all the plastic parts - and in many cases, better versions of them. I can merge the latest changes in Marlin/Sprinter to update the controller. I'm not stuck using someones proprietary 'fork' of the software, and I can use any slicer and/or frontend I want. I'm told that I can start from scratch and build one for way less $$, but thats a little beyond me, mechanically. (Tools and I don't mix well)

All in all, I don't see any 'must-have' features in the newer printers, or even much of an upgrade over what I have. I do have to say that it's a hard machine to kill, too. I've screwed up just about everything you can screw up ("How exactly did you melt the hot end?"), but I've been able to get it running - and printing nicely- time and time again. Even when I blew up the controller board.

....Now if there were a cheap laser/resin printer, maybe.

turboswimbz

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/28/2014, 01:25 AM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 04/27/2014, 09:14 PMABS is pretty tough stuff.  Its used for a lot of plastic cases for things.
I remember learning about ABS in plastics class in high school, from memory...it stands for ack-rill-lonny-tril (lol) butadene (lol pt 2) styrene, yes?

All I can remember is what it stood for, if that's even it. Wowzers. That class was actually fun. I miss embedding random stuffs in plastic to make keychains and what-have-you.

*sigh*
Your naming is right. plastic class sounds actually pretty neat.  ABS is a polymer made up of those three compounds repeated in essentially one big chain. Actually quite an interesting structure.  Not without it's own problems, but extremely useful in modern society.  (theoldman is right it's literally all around you electronics, cars, toys, even some packaging) 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

I'd be too busy making plastic cocks to take plastic class seriously.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: turboswimbz on 04/29/2014, 07:24 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 04/28/2014, 01:25 AM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 04/27/2014, 09:14 PMABS is pretty tough stuff.  Its used for a lot of plastic cases for things.
I remember learning about ABS in plastics class in high school, from memory...it stands for ack-rill-lonny-tril (lol) butadene (lol pt 2) styrene, yes?

All I can remember is what it stood for, if that's even it. Wowzers. That class was actually fun. I miss embedding random stuffs in plastic to make keychains and what-have-you.

*sigh*
Your naming is right. plastic class sounds actually pretty neat.  ABS is a polymer made up of those three compounds repeated in essentially one big chain. Actually quite an interesting structure.  Not without it's own problems, but extremely useful in modern society.  (theoldman is right it's literally all around you electronics, cars, toys, even some packaging)
Yay! I rememmed correctoh!

Also, interesting, alot.

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/29/2014, 12:12 PMI'd be too busy making plastic cocks to take plastic class seriously.
A kid in class did this, topped it off with jiggly eyes and a smile, totally got in trouble. lol
IMG

PixyJunket

Am I too late to put a vote in (and it count)?

Actually, I would just like to support homebrew, so if it's a CD only later on or something, I wouldn't mind.
Drink Craft Beer and Play PC-Engine.
Compile, Westone and Falcom.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: PixyJunket on 05/23/2014, 04:48 PMAm I too late to put a vote in (and it count)?

Actually, I would just like to support homebrew, so if it's a CD only later on or something, I wouldn't mind.
Not too late. There will be no CD. :3
IMG

esteban

I just wanted to state, again, that YES I WILL BUY THIS.

THANK YOU.

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VestCunt

I'll probably just shoplift it, dub to cassette, return for store credit, digitize, seed a torrent, buy a limited edition copy from Roy Vegas, get it VGA graded, post a photo in my signature, and then resell it to Dark Kobold.
Topic Adjourned.

VodNate

spenoza

Will this thing be demoed/shown off at the June CGS?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: VestCunt on 05/24/2014, 02:59 PMI'll probably just shoplift it, dub to cassette, return for store credit, digitize, seed a torrent, buy a limited edition copy from Roy Vegas, get it VGA graded, post a photo in my signature, and then resell it to Dark Kobold.
omg
IMG

FiftyQuid

All this talk of plastic cocks and no release date for this game???  This thread is a total tease. 

P.S. - I'll take Atlantean and 2 plastic cocks please.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/25/2014, 08:58 PMAll this talk of plastic cocks and no release date for this game???  This thread is a total tease. 

P.S. - I'll take Atlantean and 2 plastic cocks please.
oh my stars
IMG

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

esadajr

only if there is a limited "screw collectards" edition
Gaming since 1985

Arkhan Asylum

LISTEN.  I AM THE BONER MASTER.

And yes it will be demoed at CCAG.  However, CCAG is at the end of July this year, in a new venue!

We're planning on basically having the release coincide with that, more or less.  This may mean some of you get hosed out of buying a first batch card so we can have a handful to take and sell there.

But, everyone will get one eventually.   :)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/28/2014, 02:41 PMLISTEN.  I AM THE BONER MASTER.
Boner Proposal: customers who've previously purchased Insanity and Pyramid Plunder will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Aetherbyte virgins who only come around for a Hucard release go to the get-hosed waiting list.
Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah that was basically how this was going to play out.

The first people who have purchasing rights are the people who bought the ProtoCards, though.   Since, their money is what helped get to this point.

FiftyQuid

Another Boner Proposal:  People that pay first get a copy first.

P.S. - Payment Sent.  :-"  Is my dick in the mail yet?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/28/2014, 02:41 PMThis may mean some of you get hosed out of buying a first batch card so we can have a handful to take and sell there
Oh well, welcome to Weinerville!
IMG

OldMan

QuoteThe first people who have purchasing rights are the people who bought the ProtoCards, though.
These people kindly bought the original version to fund the current version. (Even I admit they were pretty home-made looking) If it weren't for them, there would be no ABCards. We are just giving back to those who helped fund further developement.

(Bet they are happy now that they did.)

QuotePeople that pay first get a copy first.
No. Just because you sit and wait to pounce on an announcement shouldn't have any effect on our business model. We try to do these things *for the community*, not for the folks who can't/won't wait.  A lot of them have been waiting longer than you.
(And arkhan and I are still discussing allowing 'old-timers' first dibs. One thing Arkhan and I agree on is that the people who helped us way back when shouldn't get shut out by newbies looking for something to flip. )

Quoteit seems the offer of monies now for game later is not available
Again, that's not our business model.  We don't want to take any moneys until the game is done. Then there is no moaning about when it will be done, or even if it will be done. When you pay, it goes in the mail.

QuoteThis may mean some of you get hosed out of buying a first batch card
Or not. I have 2 months to make more. We already have 50+.... I'll try to boost that to 100+ by the end of July :)
If you are really that anxious for the game, come see us at CCAG.  A few other people here have :)

QuoteArkan doesn't get boner jokes.
He got it, I'm sure. He just chose to be the better man, and ignore it. He's like that on occasion.
(Though not usually in public)
.................................................................................................
And remember:
  - We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
  - You are purchasing a non-transferrable license to the game.

FiftyQuid

Did you just call me a pouncer, impatient, and newbie all at once?  I'll give you impatient, but pouncer I've never been.  Newbie I'll deal with.

OldMan

QuoteDid you just call me....
Nope. Don't take things so personally. Those were second person plural yous (As in, you guys or you, my countrymen). Often used when talking to a group of people to bring their attention to a particular point. Worked, dodn't it?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: TheOldMan on 05/29/2014, 10:09 AMNope. Don't take things so personally. Those were second person plural yous (As in, you guys or you, my countrymen). Often used when talking to a group of people to bring their attention to a particular point. Worked, dodn't it?
I was actually just kidding.  My post was supposed to read like Goodfellas.  Fail = Yes.  :(  I will go back to my corner now.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Nulltard on 05/29/2014, 12:00 AMGood luck with that! I tried to reserve one for the art contest winner and was told to do something to myself that I cannot repeat in mixed company.

(J/k... but it seems the offer of monies now for game later is not available, at least if any priority is to be assigned to when "later" is.)

p.p.s. Arkan doesn't get boner jokes. Awwww yeeeeah, I went there.
lol, I don't run that facebook thing.  That's Sunteam Paul. 

I don't get boners either.  I GIVE THEM.

but yeah no preorders.   Fuck that.

synbiosfan

I am willing to wait so long as I'm on the list!

Kudo's to you guys for taking care of the original supporters loyalty. I would do the same.

_Paul

As an Englishman and watcher of Carry-On movies, I am ashamed I did not register that innuendo immediately.

I was doing about 3 things at once (including some massive OBEY with Atlantean playtesting) so that's my excuse.

OBEY > BONER.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

wolfman

I am a bit late to join in, but I ´d also buy a copy!
recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Medic_wheat

Where can I find more information about this homebrew project?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/01/2014, 09:55 PMWhere can I find more information about this homebrew project?
Click on the link in Arkhan's signature.

(or reach over and give him an under the table wank for "inside" information)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/01/2014, 09:55 PMWhere can I find more information about this homebrew project?
Limited edition presale here.
Topic Adjourned.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/02/2014, 04:57 PM
Limited edition presale here.
Cant my internet is brolen as well as my keyboard.

synbiosfan

Medic_wheat

So basically (insert spanic accent) it is underwater defender woth sea people.

spenoza

Jya, that's about the long and short of it. Arkhan has a hard-on (Turboner?) for classic arcade games, so his personal projects tend to reflect that.

Not a bad plan, really. There's generally room to spruce up older arcade-style games, even with new gameplay elements, and their mechanics are pretty well understood and so not impossible for an individual to work out.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2014, 10:59 PMand their mechanics are pretty well understood and so not impossible for an individual to work out.
Except for Street Fighter. Man I still don't understand how people can analyze frame-by-frame hitboxes and stuff.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

spenoza

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 06/03/2014, 02:41 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/02/2014, 10:59 PMand their mechanics are pretty well understood and so not impossible for an individual to work out.
Except for Street Fighter. Man I still don't understand how people can analyze frame-by-frame hitboxes and stuff.
I'm talking older classics than that. Let's look at some of the games Arkhan has used as his inspiration for his various titles.

Berzerk (1980)
Pac-Man (1980)
Defender (1980)

I'm not sure Street Fighter fits into that mix well  ; )

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2014, 09:18 PM
I'm talking older classics than that. Let's look at some of the games Arkhan has used as his inspiration for his various titles.

Berzerk (1980)
Pac-Man (1980)
Defender (1980)

But it's pre-N64. How can anything be older than retro 8-bit oldschool?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2014, 09:18 PM

Berzerk (1980)
Pac-Man (1980)
Defender (1980)

BERZERK! 

Man this was the FIRST home game I played that I honestly felt like I just plopped a quarter into an arcade.....granted I have never had the pleasure of playing this game in the arcades but it looked and felt like an arcade...this game and some sort of rubiz cube color swap Atari 2600 game where the first two loves of my home console playing life...

In fact a few years back I went into such a BERZERK fetish that I bought up every version for the Atari I could find and when ever I do get a vetrex it is to play BERZERK...

Evil otto for the win....

I mean he'll if you get the 2600 port and open up that manual....there is actual art in it showing a display of the robots......

And the main hero.  Very Logan's run. 

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

spenoza

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/03/2014, 11:32 PMAnd the main hero.  Very Logan's run. 
That's a game I'd like to see made. A retro game of a retro movie/TV property.

Also, pick up Insanity. It's Berzerk. If you like Berzerk, you'll like it.

Mathius

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/01/2014, 04:01 AMTURBONER.
That word is awfully close to my nickname shortly after High School. TurnBone. Don't ask. I don't know what it means either.

Mathius

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/04/2014, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 06/04/2014, 07:10 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/01/2014, 04:01 AMTURBONER.
That word is awfully close to my nickname shortly after High School. TurnBone. Don't ask. I don't know what it means either.
you expect us to believe that? :lol:
True story! My last name is Turner, and then one day my best friend started calling me Turn-Bone. Not sure why lol

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/03/2014, 11:32 PMAnd the main hero.  Very Logan's run. 
That's a game I'd like to see made. A retro game of a retro movie/TV property.

Also, pick up Insanity. It's Berzerk. If you like Berzerk, you'll like it.
Which system is that for?

spenoza

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/04/2014, 08:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 06:13 PMAlso, pick up Insanity. It's Berzerk. If you like Berzerk, you'll like it.
This one, dude. Yer on the forums for it right now.

http://www.aetherbyte.com/aetherbyte-insanity_for_pc-engine_and_turbografx-16.html

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 09:35 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/04/2014, 08:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/04/2014, 06:13 PMAlso, pick up Insanity. It's Berzerk. If you like Berzerk, you'll like it.
This one, dude. Yer on the forums for it right now.

http://www.aetherbyte.com/aetherbyte-insanity_for_pc-engine_and_turbografx-16.html
That is an amazing home brew!  I am so ordering a copy thanks.

Elder

I had no clue there were indie releases for the TG.  This is pretty damn awesome.  What other indie releases are must haves?

I'm going to go order Insanity right now!