PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 - Translation patches?

Started by Trenton_net, 08/21/2014, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trenton_net

Hey Gang,

Does anyone know if there are translation patches still being actively worked on for this game? I know there was one started previously, but I'm not sure if anything came of it.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

The PC98 version is translated and there was talk (maybe) of using that script to translate the PCE version but I don't know if anyone made any headway with that.
IMG

NecroPhile

It's dead in the water, as far as I know.   Wait for shubi to come along and give you the straight poop.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

Trenton_net

Quote from: geise on 08/21/2014, 12:33 PMPC98 version is better anyways.
Maybe I'm just blind to the world, but for me it's PC-Engine or bust. :-) I doubt titles like Snatcher or Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 will be translated for it, but I'll keep on dreaming anyways! (^_^);

CrackTiger

Quote from: Trenton_net on 08/21/2014, 03:16 PM
Quote from: geise on 08/21/2014, 12:33 PMPC98 version is better anyways.
Maybe I'm just blind to the world, but for me it's PC-Engine or bust. :-) I doubt titles like Snatcher or Dead of the Brain 1 & 2 will be translated for it, but I'll keep on dreaming anyways! (^_^);
As has been discussed even the other the day on here, DotB1&2 has been fully translated into French. The translation just needs to be implemented. Shubibiman has also implied that he might be interested in translating it from French to English if a programmer is serious about making the patch.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TurboXray

Someone should contact Dshadoff and see if we can get all the resources for this project. Make a github for it (utils included). There's always a chance someone in the rom hacking scene would pick it up. I did the font/print/read routine, but I have no desire to actually take on the whole project myself. It's a lot of work (i.e. time), and I'd rather put that into homebrew and such.

shubibiman

As Black Tiger mentionned, both parts have been fully translated to French. It's yet to be implemented though. It wouldn't take too long to translate it from French to English, whether I do it myself or I ask a friend that I now is better than me in English. I wouldn't want to write a double-dutch kind of translation :p
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/22/2014, 04:06 AMAs Black Tiger mentionned, both parts have been fully translated to French. It's yet to be implemented though. It wouldn't take too long to translate it from French to English, whether I do it myself or I ask a friend that I now is better than me in English. I wouldn't want to write a double-dutch kind of translation :p
DOUBLE-DUTCH TRANSLATION, please.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG