PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

ATLANTEAN ORDERING INFORMATION (not til Friday)

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 08/06/2014, 02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

johnnymad

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/21/2014, 12:59 AMWhat I am thinking of must be the MAD Magazine special, that had the 12 OJ Pog stickers, to stick on pogs.
Maybe the store I got it from out stickers on it. I'll check. I think we should start a "show me your pogs" thread.

synbiosfan

I hadn't heard of pogs before this. What decade were they popular?

Serious question.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/21/2014, 09:54 AMI hadn't heard of pogs before this. What decade were they popular?

Serious question.
WHUT.

DO YOU EVEN 1990S

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

johnnymad

Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/21/2014, 09:54 AMI hadn't heard of pogs before this. What decade were they popular?

Serious question.
I was 13 or so, so maybe 95 or 96? If I did well on my math tests, my Mom would buy me pogs. My math teacher's name was Mrs. Dick. Seriously.

esteban

I never had a POG, I was too old for that.

I never really understood them.

/tangent
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/21/2014, 10:03 AM

Serious question.
WHUT.

DO YOU EVEN 1990S
I was drunk more often than not in the 90s.

FiftyQuid

Wasted my money on shitty Turbob games when Pogs were all the rage.  :P  Never owned one myself unless you count the one that I found in a wallet I pick-pocketed out of some kids backpack in high school.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mishran

Got an unused, incomplete set of Mortal Kombat pogs from the pog era. Never gave a damn about pogs, but thought they were cool so I had to have 'em.

HailingTheThings

Pogs were awesome when I was little, I remember actually playing the game with friends. Used to have a sick transparent scorpion slammer, similar to this:
IMG
That my big bro won for me (one of the few times he was super cool) at a Crag's Cruisers. Aww, man, that takes me back. I rarely used ol' scorpy, though, since I had a thick metal slammer that should have been and sometimes was banned from playing. That's when I would use one similar to this:
IMG
instead.

Fun times.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/21/2014, 05:12 PMso pogs is a game? where you smash pogs with paperweights? they're already flat... i don't get it. :/
We never will.

Arkhan Asylum

You stack them up and try to flip them over.  If you flip em, YOU FUCKIN WINNIN'

It's like tiddly winks for kids with anger issues.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

johnnymad

I just made a POG thread. https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17549.0

Have a bunch from when I was a kid. Need to take some pics.

synbiosfan

I may not get pogs but I like having something from the same era as a bonus.

Really great idea!

Joe Redifer

Alright so I'm interested in ordering this but much too lazy to read the rest of the thread only to find out they're all gone. It says to wait until Friday. I expect the goods to be revealed tomorrow!

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/21/2014, 07:32 PMAlright so I'm interested in ordering this but much too lazy to read the rest of the thread only to find out they're all gone. It says to wait until Friday. I expect the goods to be revealed tomorrow!
Correct.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/21/2014, 07:32 PMAlright so I'm interested in ordering this but much too lazy to read the rest of the thread only to find out they're all gone. It says to wait until Friday. I expect the goods to be revealed tomorrow!
Wait until Friday two weeks ago.

You missed the boat by like 150 people.  lol

o.pwuaioc

Have all these shipped yet? Should I have some sort of confirmation by now or do I just keep waiting? (Serious question, no sarcasm meant.)

schnuth

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/21/2014, 08:26 PM
Wait until Friday two weeks ago.

I emailed an order when it went up on your site but haven't heard anything. Is it safe to assume I'm somewhere in the queue?

Aaron

synbiosfan

Mine arrived today but a new puppy hasn't allowed me to play more than once or twice.

It's awesome so far but I have a lot of room for improving my skills aka had my ass handed to me with scores of 5000 then 10000 lol.

o.pwuaioc

Also, holy crap! I used to have that pog maker!!!!!!!!

Arkhan Asylum

All but a handful of international ones went out.  I'm fixing the decals on the cards before they go.

These decals are an experimental process.   If yours goes retarded, let me know.

We can either send a new one to you, or, we might just move to high quality stickers instead.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: johnnymad on 08/21/2014, 06:22 PMI just made a POG thread. https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17549.0

Speaking of which...is everyone supposed to get a pog, or is it select people?  I couldn't for the life of me find mine. :/
IMG

TheClash603

Just got home from happy hour at 1:00 AM...  I was greeted by my game!

I can't wait to give it a try this weekend.  I will say it looks awesome and I was really impressed with the title on the inside of the case for some reason!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/21/2014, 08:26 PMWait until Friday two weeks ago.

You should have told him you had one for him that you would ship out right away.  This entire forum would have gone apeshit on you!   :lol:  It would have been great for LOLz  :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/22/2014, 01:09 AM
Quote from: johnnymad on 08/21/2014, 06:22 PMI just made a POG thread. https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=17549.0

Speaking of which...is everyone supposed to get a pog, or is it select people?  I couldn't for the life of me find mine. :/
Did you open the manual? lol  I slipped alot of them inside of there.

If not, uh, time to mail you one.   I definitely put one in every case.

NecroPhile

They have to be unlocked first; POG achievements, bitches!

If your shipping box was as squished as mine (the box split along one edge), it could've escaped.  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

I have yet to receive the paypal that it was shipped. But i did receive, and make a payment for it 2 weeks ago. Any updates for me Arkhan ?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/22/2014, 01:49 PMI have yet to receive the paypal that it was shipped. But i did receive, and make a payment for it 2 weeks ago. Any updates for me Arkhan ?
Yours should be out.   What's your real engrish name again?

Also: Holy fuck, that box.  What in the hell did they do to it.   

Who else got a smashed as fuck box?

ParanoiaDragon

Mine was a little smashed, but not THAT bad.  I've been looking all over my room where I opened it to see if it slipped out of the box when opening, & haven't been able to find the pog :-k
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/22/2014, 02:32 PMMine was a little smashed, but not THAT bad.  I've been looking all over my room where I opened it to see if it slipped out of the box when opening, & haven't been able to find the pog :-k
Fortunately, I can just mail a new one! \o/

Unfortunately, that means there will be one from that set of 20 that is missing in action.

Bastards.

I know I put one in yours though, because I was like OH HE'LL LIKE THIS ONE.

Check in the manual.  I was slipping them in there.  Then I stopped, and was just putting them in with the card.

but if that's proven to be a bad life choice, I can start jamming them in the thing again.

I like how the USPS is making releasing Atlantean a pain in the cunt.

bastards.

munchiaz

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2014, 02:07 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 08/22/2014, 01:49 PMI have yet to receive the paypal that it was shipped. But i did receive, and make a payment for it 2 weeks ago. Any updates for me Arkhan ?
Its Aaron Spurlock.

Yours should be out.   What's your real engrish name again?

Also: Holy fuck, that box.  What in the hell did they do to it.   

Who else got a smashed as fuck box?

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah yours is out!

hnfgggggg nice quote usage, lol.

NecroPhile

Assuming they're all packaged like mine, they need either a smaller box or more bubble wrap to fill the box.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/22/2014, 03:07 PMAssuming they're all packaged like mine, they need either a smaller box or more bubble wrap to fill the box.
This is how I've been shipping since Insanity, and it's pretty lame that NOW is when shit hits the fan.

BRB FED EX.

I think the USPS might have lost it completely at this point.

It's 25$ to flat rate to Foreignlands

_Paul

Amazing that you sent mine all the way to the UK and the box was in perfect condition.

synbiosfan

My box was fine and I live in the state Buckeyes hate. :lol:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2014, 03:27 PMAmazing that you sent mine all the way to the UK and the box was in perfect condition.
yeah I don't get how that worked out.

Send a few states away: DESTROYED

send over ocean: PERFECT!

munchiaz

ParanoiaDragon

I just did another search, fondled the manual profusely, tore my office up a bit more.  I'm sure you sent it, I trust you.  It either jettisoned out of the box in the middle of it's way here due to USPS mishandling or it slipped out in my own possession, & for the life of me just can't find it.  It'd suck if it slipped out when my mail man put the package in the box, especially seeing as how the street sweeper came this morning...that should take care of that pog! ](*,)  Well, if you want to send another one, that's cool.  I won't die if I don't get one.  Either way, I think the pogs should be secured in a different fashion.  Would it be possible to put them on the bottom of the abcard tray, maybe wrap them in paper, & tape the paper to the bottom?
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I'll just make and send you another one.  I sent you one with an Atlantean on it. 

if I can find enough blank refillers, I might just rifle out a hojillion of them and sell COMPLETE SETS to paying idio... i mean, customers.

:)

MrFulci

Atlantean pogs are getting a rarity sheet?
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2014, 03:34 PMyeah I don't get how that worked out.

Maybe it's just one postal worker that recognizes your name.  Did anyone find a Polaroid inside their box of a USPS worker rubbing their dick on the packaging?

$25 for international shippings?  Does I owes you any monies?

synbiosfan

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/22/2014, 07:16 PMyou should sell them in 5 packs. Random. With different rarities. And pubes.
The pubes aren't a given?

NightWolve

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2014, 03:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/22/2014, 03:27 PMAmazing that you sent mine all the way to the UK and the box was in perfect condition.

Shit, that's f--ked up. Never seen something as bad as Nulltard's.

QuoteIt's 25$ to flat rate to Foreignlands
The big box that Al sent me from the UK was slightly beat up, but par on the course I thought. It cost 15 GBP to send it to Chicago which comes out to $24.86 USD. That there is the UK rate, or close enough. ;)

Back in 2006, an old friend that resides in Finland, Akimaru (from the Ys IV project), asked me for a favor to buy something for him from TurboZoneDirect, that 6 foot extension cable for the Turbo Duo... TZD had a flat rate of $30 bucks for international orders, no bones about it whatever the item. So he bought it, gave my address to mail it to me for the US $5 rate. When I went to the Post Office to redeliver, I chose the cheapest "Economy Letter-Post" option for him at $4.10 which equaled 4-6 weeks by shipping boat service, etc. (as the employee explained it to me)!!! Hahaha!

So I checked my logs, I mailed it on February 9, 2006, and it finally arrived on March 31, 2006!! That's about 7 weeks! Hah, I'm a cheap bastard, what can I say... So, instead of $30, he paid $9.10 for S/H and threw $5 bucks my way for helping him out. It wasn't such a pressing item that he needed it right away, though the concern was for this method getting it lost, but it made it.

DeshDildo

Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/22/2014, 03:28 PMMy box was fine and I live in the state Buckeyes hate. :lol:
Mitten resident eh?
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2014, 06:27 PMI'll just make and send you another one.  I sent you one with an Atlantean on it. 

if I can find enough blank refillers, I might just rifle out a hojillion of them and sell COMPLETE SETS to paying idio... i mean, customers.

:)
Cool, I appreciate it, I await my pog. :)
IMG

shubibiman

It seems my copy shipped yesterday ! Can't wait !
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/22/2014, 03:34 PM

Yeah but bear in mind that mine was shipped via an aquatic robot dolphin.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Desh on 08/23/2014, 12:28 AM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 08/22/2014, 03:28 PMMy box was fine and I live in the state Buckeyes hate. :lol:
Mitten resident eh?
Yessir! I try not to buy from Ohio during football season. Someone at the Columbus depot carries the rivalry thing too far and I think it's because of it. I should have taken pictures over the years since, right now, I sound like a dumbass Michigan fb nut. I've had 5 abused packages arrive over the years that according to tracking went through the Columbus depot. I know it wasn't the sellers, that would be stupid and I used the same guy twice.

I was so happy Ark lives near Cleveland!