I found my Duo door!

Started by graffias79, 09/23/2014, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graffias79

I can't believe I found this! I thought it was lost to the ages.  I was going through the closet doing some cleaning and found it in an old box with some junk from the 90s.  Glad I didn't just toss the whole box!

Duo Cover.jpg

The only problem is that the cantilever that holds the left hinge is broken off, but I may be able to fix that.

Once my system comes back with new caps I'll be able to improve its appearance too! :D

bob

some prick was trying to sell one on ebay for $6,0000.  but it was a prototype.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: graffias79 on 09/23/2014, 07:37 PMI can't believe I found this! I thought it was lost to the ages.  I was going through the closet doing some cleaning and found it in an old box with some junk from the 90s.  Glad I didn't just toss the whole box!

The only problem is that the cantilever that holds the left hinge is broken off, but I may be able to fix that.

Once my system comes back with new caps I'll be able to improve its appearance too! :D
You can mold one with epoxy clay.

graffias79

Yep, I couldn't contain my joy to just this forum so I had to express it on Facebook too. LOL

graffias79

QuoteYou can mold one with epoxy clay.
Thanks, I will have to give that a try.

vexcollects

Quote from: graffias79 on 09/23/2014, 07:37 PMI can't believe I found this! I thought it was lost to the ages.  I was going through the closet doing some cleaning and found it in an old box with some junk from the 90s.  Glad I didn't just toss the whole box!

What's on the other side of the door? Did you look? Was it this...

IMG

pixeljunkie

I've never understood how they come off for people?

NecroPhile

I don't know how those things get broken so often, but at least you've still got yours.

QuoteYou can mold one with epoxy clay.
And while you've got the clay out, try recreating the cover art for Exile: Wicked Phenomenon.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

Why isn't it black? Am I missing something?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 09/24/2014, 04:43 PMWhy isn't it black? Am I missing something?
Presumably a combination of flash glare and because the Duo isn't pure black, it's very dark gray.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

graffias79

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2014, 04:43 PMWhy isn't it black? Am I missing something?
It was a quick n dirty picture from my phone camera.  It is, of course the same color as the rest of the Turbo Duo (dust and all) :)

As for why it broke, hell if I know, it happened sometime when I was a teenager.  I'm just shocked and pleased that I still had it somewhere!  I can fix that hinge no problem, now my Duo will be whole again (also with brand new capacitors!)

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG