The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

WTD: Supergrafx

Started by DuckKing, 05/08/2014, 10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckKing

Hello,
Looking for an inexpensive Supergrafx system.  I am really just looking for the bare system.  Perhaps someone has a spare they don't need?  I don't need controllers, cables or power just the console.
Thanks!

Tatsujin

what's your general idea of inexpensive?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

DuckKing

Hundredish. Possibly have some stuff to trade depending on sellers systems of interest.

jtucci31

WTD? You want to Destroy a Supergrafx?!

Trenton_net

TheClash603

Psycho Punch

Want to Disobey.

DANGER DANGER he will probably stick another console/computer in the case and throw the innards out!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

hoobs88

WTD = Want to donate?

I'll take it off your hands.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

DuckKing

Didn't realize this forum had degraded to a bunch of juveniles.

ClodBusted

Lol you guys are making my day. :D

esteban

Quote from: DuckKing on 05/10/2014, 03:00 PMDidn't realize this forum had degraded to a bunch of juveniles.
Why The Drama?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

I mean I was cracking a joke but I sincerely didn't know what WTD was.

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 05/10/2014, 09:12 PMI mean I was cracking a joke but I sincerely didn't know what WTD was.
Where's The Deal

HailingTheThings

Wampa Tearin' Dick

IMG
IMG

zamou

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/10/2014, 01:22 AMWill Trade Dick
Hate to get rid of my SGFX but if this offer gets bumped to a WSD...

ClodBusted

wildo2ne

I know the guys are being rough on you and I know you want a good deal however a Supergrafx almost never goes for under 200, I myself paid 300 for one that did not work with 3 of the sgx games. Cost me another hundred to have it fixed and modded.

Your best bet if you want to score some type of deal like what you are looking for is try to snipe something off ebay at the last second.

I am not trying to be a dick to you just trying to bring you back down to reality as far as prices.

wildo2ne

SignOfZeta

He's asking for a bare SGX, no cables or box or anything. He didn't specify condition and suggested a ball park $100-ish price.

Aside from his mysterious acronym, I really don't think this is unrealistic at all. The SGX isn't exactly a Gameboy Color, but it's no Wondermega either.
IMG

BlueBMW

Hell yeah SignofZeta!  Good to see ya post.  Havent seen you in a while
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Opethian

Quote from: wildo2ne on 05/13/2014, 06:49 PMI know the guys are being rough on you and I know you want a good deal however a Supergrafx almost never goes for under 200, I myself paid 300 for one that did not work with 3 of the sgx games. Cost me another hundred to have it fixed and modded.

Your best bet if you want to score some type of deal like what you are looking for is try to snipe something off ebay at the last second.

I am not trying to be a dick to you just trying to bring you back down to reality as far as prices.
you over paid
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/14/2014, 02:23 AMHe's asking for a bare SGX, no cables or box or anything. He didn't specify condition and suggested a ball park $100-ish price.

Aside from his mysterious acronym, I really don't think this is unrealistic at all. The SGX isn't exactly a Gameboy Color, but it's no Wondermega either.
Welcome back, home skillet.
Topic Adjourned.

Bernie

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/14/2014, 02:23 AMHe's asking for a bare SGX, no cables or box or anything. He didn't specify condition and suggested a ball park $100-ish price.

lmao.  I love the signature.  C ya pal!!  :)

SignOfZeta

Well, the forum is really not that fun on a phone, so I've been using Tapatalk.  Since the primary goal of most professional software developers now is to cross promote the living shit out of everything the sig came with the program. I did not write that sig. It look me a solid 20 minutes to find where they buried the option to change it, and now I have, so I guess I'm less of a dick now thanks to the positive change people like you bring to the world. I never would have known that Tapatalk was something to rally against if not for you taking time out of your day to tell me. I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Ha! See, I *thought* I changed it but...
IMG

esteban

Of all the random threads to discuss Tapatalk!

I use tapatalk. It's how I stay more connected for the past few years (and my tablet).

seieienbu

I'm sad I missed this thread last year.  Bumping it up has remedied this.  I clicked the link to begin with wondering "what the hell does WTD stand for?"

Thanks, the internet.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

cjameslv

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/27/2015, 12:54 AMI'm sad I missed this thread last year.  Bumping it up has remedied this.  I clicked the link to begin with wondering "what the hell does WTD stand for?"

Thanks, the internet.
LOL this thread is great! I also clicked it wonder wtf is wtd but zamou's post was by far much win.

Dicer

I'll take the cheap SGX the Op was looking for, just sayin...

jtucci31

I still don't know what WTD is.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 05/10/2014, 05:08 PM
Quote from: DuckKing on 05/10/2014, 03:00 PMDidn't realize this forum had degraded to a bunch of juveniles.
I didn't realize it was ever anything other than that!

Also, I strive to be on the new member welcome wagon, but I'm finding myself in a strange place... i want to say "hi! Welcome to the obey farm, good to have you here!".  But then i consider that you showed up here, posted an unknown "Want To ____" acronym, proceed to ask for a dirt cheap rare console, and finish off by insulting the very forum you just asked to hook you up with a killer deal rather than having the humility to laugh with us at the whole WTD deal.

All of this happened in 3 of your 5 total posts.

Classy. WTD? More like WTF.

i hope you're just manstrating and didn't realize how dickish you were being.  I still believe that there is good in most everyone's heart. Certainly the king of ducks falls into this group... right?
I have to agree with everything here.  There are rules to this OBEY thing and simply demanding teh warz for tehzzz cheap is highly suspect.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/27/2015, 12:20 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/10/2014, 05:08 PM
I didn't realize it was ever anything other than that!

Also, I strive to be on the new member welcome wagon, but I'm finding myself in a strange place... i want to say "hi! Welcome to the obey farm, good to have you here!".  But then i consider that you showed up here, posted an unknown "Want To ____" acronym, proceed to ask for a dirt cheap rare console, and finish off by insulting the very forum you just asked to hook you up with a killer deal rather than having the humility to laugh with us at the whole WTD deal.

All of this happened in 3 of your 5 total posts.

Classy. WTD? More like WTF.

i hope you're just manstrating and didn't realize how dickish you were being.  I still believe that there is good in most everyone's heart. Certainly the king of ducks falls into this group... right?
I have to agree with everything here.  There are rules to this OBEY thing and simply demanding teh warz for tehzzz cheap is highly suspect.
If the SGX is loose, has no hookups, no games, has a huge scratch or two and smells funny,  then $100 is perfectly fine. Paying more would be stupid. There is no shortage of these consoles and there never was one, then add in the fact that the features a SGX adds to the regular PCE are nearly useless...I mean, a regular PCE core system is way less $ than that. What good is a "Super" version of a console with 5 exclusive games that are inferior to 100 games on the "regular" version of the machine? The only thing "Super" about the Supergrafx was the hubris of its greedy short sited creators.

Some people just..can't handle depreciation. They want the things they love to always increase in "worth" despite the fact that a basic understanding of arithmetic would show that this is impossible. The SGX is a PCE and will therefore always be a great system that plays great games, but there is no reason it should be expensive at all. When the Duo R came out and it lacked a headphone jack, that was a bigger change in the real day to day lifestyle of a 90s gamer than the SGX library was. It's really not a big deal. A cynical and poorly though out cash grab from NEC preying upon the "we'll buy everything" gears whores who's fiscal resources were already dwindling by the time the machine was on sale.

Next time you see something for sale online and it's being hyped by "self employed" Youtubers or insane eBay auctions and you start to fall for the hype...you sorta want the cool thing...ask yourself,  "Do I really want this stupid fucking piece of plastic enough to pay $XXXX for it? Do the opinions of game otaku I've never met hold enough sway for me now to claim to be a huge fan of something that I didn't even know existed until decades after it was made?"
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

lol.  To put this into better perspective.

I paid 200$ for a boxed SGX+RAU-30 and 3 *SEALED* games, from Japan.

The SuperGrafx is basically a worthless pile of doodlefuck.  Anyone who says it is a must have, is a retard.

It's got 5 games basically:

1) Daimakaimura:  Probably the best home version.  Not worth it though, because it's just going to piss you off because it's Daimakaimura
2) Battle Ace:  I'm the only fan of this game
3) Aldynes:  It's OK.   Kind of too-gray.  Needs more color.  It's not a C64 game.  Awesome music.
4) Granzort:  It's neat.
5) 1941 Cunt Attack:  Who cares.  Play 1943 on PCE

That is it.  No RPGs.  No fighters.  No beat em ups.  The only game that is really worth exploring is Granzort because it can't be had elsewhere.

Battle Ace is just Top Gun or Afterburner basically. 

Oh and you can play Darius on it and get some perks.  Whoopeeeee.

Fuck that shit.   I only use / have it because I found it for a normal price.  Not a "retards be retards" price.

You can hook it up to the Beefcase and use it like a PCE.

Except it's a giant mangled mess of wires.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

MORE ZETA SIGHTINGS! YAY!

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/27/2015, 04:33 PMThe only thing "Super" about the Supergrafx was the hubris of its greedy short sited creators.
That's cruel but I can't say you're wrong.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

WTD = Want To Dick (it).

That is all.
IMG

CPTRAVE

WTD= Want to Date/Die ??? :-k

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Psycho Punch

Wanting Tatsujin's Dingdong
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Willing to donate?

I'll take it off your hands. Thank you.

HailingTheThings

Willing To DOINK!!!1!
IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/29/2015, 12:52 AMWilling To DOINK!!!1!
Hopefully it is Bailey Jay doing the doinking.
IMGIMGIMG

ClodBusted

Gredler

Will taint discussion? Honestly I wonder if it's "want to deal" that's the only realistic one I can think if. It's hard enough being new to these online forums, and there are enough acronyms to acclimate to already, without adding new unique obscure ones.

Supergrafx is backwards compatible with all PCE, is it not? So maybe that's the value incentive to people who want to future proof their console selections, because you never know when that exclusive game will come out via homebrew or what not. I personally will stick to the list of stuff I wanted growing up but could never afford, that list is long enough!

EvilEvoIX

It's a cool system with a Great Ghouls and Ghosts port but other than bragging rights I really don't see the need to get one.  I really wish that there was a larger home brew market which would show it's multilayer's and higher sprite count.  I'd like to see a really nice beat-em-up or hell a Final Fight port.
IMGIMGIMG

Medic_wheat

.....I don't think he is coming back.

So.   

Do more dick trading?  Nully call the night off man. He isn't coming.  Put te cork back in the champaign and find a new Valentines day date.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/12/2015, 02:37 PM.....I don't think he is coming back.

So.   

Do more dick trading?  Nully call the night off man. He isn't coming.  Put te cork back in the champaign and find a new Valentines day date.
Oh Nully is always DTF.  That corn fed hay seed swings both ways.  Men and boys.  Once the bottle is uncorked he won't leave until he leaves a little on you.
IMGIMGIMG