Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gredler

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disneys-Darkwing-Duck-NEC-TurboGrafx-16-1992-/131493214467?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9d9b3903

Really? Is that game worth 200$? I've heard such bad things. I have tailspin, and think it's terrible, and hear this is worse.. Collectibles amaze me sometimes

Alt-Nintega

^ lol seller has only 10 feedback. As of this post this listing has 8 bidders at $127 and reserve not made. Poor Fellas.

Some collectard is prolly gonna buy it and then get it graded since it looks kinda minty. lame imo

game is also lame as far as controls, graphics are a C+ at the most. This is no more than a $50 game just purely out of collectard aspect, and even that is too much money.

seieienbu

As I understand it, you only get non-opened stuff graded.

Darkwing Duck sucks to play, yeah, but honestly I always liked the sprite animation and the cool magnifying glass effect on the stage select screen.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

I have a minty sealed copy of Darkwing Duck that I've been hanging on to until I'm ready to shoot a video opening it up along with many more grade-able items. After I got it, I raffled off my loose copy.

So collectards/resellers will rejoice that I plan to increase the rarity of sealed copies plus by not treating it as an investment, it will remain outside of market circulation, further increasing rarity of complete and loose copies.

Of course, from a game-playing buyer' perspective, this just means that you can get the game for as little as free. But that never figures into pricecharting.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/29/2015, 03:20 PMAs I understand it, you only get non-opened stuff graded.

Darkwing Duck sucks to play, yeah, but honestly I always liked the sprite animation and the cool magnifying glass effect on the stage select screen.
Good graphics... terrible controls/gameplay. I always wanted to like this game but its just so bad!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/29/2015, 08:17 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 04/29/2015, 03:20 PMAs I understand it, you only get non-opened stuff graded.

Good graphics... terrible controls/gameplay. I always wanted to like this game but its just so bad!
I have tried playing Darkwing Duck, but I really haven't even figured out how to survive.

I'll eventually attempt to beat the damn game, but it probably won't be this year. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Alt-Nintega

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kisado-Connector-PC-Engine-TurboGrafx-16-Kisado-Products-NEW-SEALED-RARE-/261831081082?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3cf6593c7a
Kisaido PCE to turbo converter $500? I understand people like to collect original stuff but this is just an aftermarket item. I don't get the price at all. Plus there are so many other cheaper alternatives to play Japanese games on the US units.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Nulltard on 04/30/2015, 11:47 PMWho is dat user? In canuckistan?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161690929703&alt=web
he is probably gonna sell it and at least double profit considering that game ranges from 5k - 50k

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/05/2015, 10:12 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 04/30/2015, 11:47 PMWho is dat user? In canuckistan?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=161690929703&alt=web
he is probably gonna sell it and at least double profit considering that game ranges from 5k - 50k
In asking prices.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperPlay

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Alt-Nintega

He is probably just a very obsessed collector that doesn't want to sell it. But for 50k he will part with his obsession. Also such crazy high price allows other people to sell this game in the 5k to 6k range. That seller is using battle tactics.

MotherGunner

Well that makes him a total tool.  (No pun intended).
-MG

NightWolve

Quote from: MotherGunner on 05/06/2015, 02:43 PM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 05/06/2015, 12:41 PMMagical chase, get it quick only US $49,999.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-TG16-COMPLETE-CIB-MINT-HOLY-GRAIL-NTSC-U-C/311012474307?
I told him his asking price could bring more war to the middle-east.
HAHAHA! Making mental note, don't buy *anything* from this 'xennko' nut if seen again.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: MotherGunner on 05/06/2015, 03:25 PMWell that makes him a total tool.  (No pun intended).
No, being a tool means he's useful for something.

MotherGunner

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2015, 07:39 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 05/06/2015, 03:25 PMWell that makes him a total tool.  (No pun intended).
Aye, like fixing toy machines!
-MG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: MotherGunner on 05/09/2015, 12:50 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/07/2015, 07:39 PM
Aye, like fixing toy machines!
Aye! That means you're a skate tool though. No pun intended.

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/09/2015, 02:24 AMI'm sure this is the wrong thread for this, but wtf is this thing?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=400610376385
Pirate HuCARD.

videogameden has a nice feature about pirate HuCARDs...notice that "Namco" has been removed from the layout/design. Ha!

UPDATE: http://www.videogameden.com/pirate.htm

Alt-Nintega

o.pwuaioc

I looked at the past five pages of that guy's feedback. All batteries and motors. Is he even selling games? If not, it's probably just a way to get people to look at his store. It's ridiculous advertising.

He's still an asshat who can eat shit.

Gredler

Dang Roman that escalated quickly lol. But honestly, his prices are the definition of insane

jelloslug

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 05/20/2015, 11:05 PMDon't let this deal get away!!! This seller lowered the price of Galaga 90 from $200 to $120. Hurry before this deal ends!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GALAGA-90-NAMCO-NEC-VIDEO-GAME-CARD-TURBO-GRAFX-16-RARE-ORIGINAL-CASE-/151688178359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item235151eab7
That's the same guy that had a turbo for sale for $600

mickcris

Not really gouging, but has to do with ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161722729924

"Does not come with an AC Adapter.  You can use an old NES Power Supply with it to get it working. This system works and powers on fine."

That is until you use the recommended NES power supply on it! :)

seieienbu

I've never tried and don't have a NES anywhere around, would it just fry the system if you plugged it in and turned it on?

Somewhat related and definitely a mostly useless factoid; I use a Genesis ac adapter on my Jaguar and it works fine.

mickcris

Quote from: seieienbu on 06/02/2015, 01:45 AMI've never tried and don't have a NES anywhere around, would it just fry the system if you plugged it in and turned it on?
don't try it.  yes it would probably fry something as it is AC and the TG16 uses DC.  Probably would blow the fuse or voltage regulator.

The NES for some stupid reason converts from AC to DC inside the console while just about every other one from its time does it in the power adapter.  The NES power supply has caused many consoles to be trashed probably.

You can use that same Genesis adapter on the NES though, but not the other way around.  That Genesis one also works on the TG16.

seieienbu

Quote from: mickcris on 06/02/2015, 01:48 AM
Quote from: seieienbu on 06/02/2015, 01:45 AMI've never tried and don't have a NES anywhere around, would it just fry the system if you plugged it in and turned it on?
don't try it.  yes it would probably fry something as it is AC and the TG16 uses DC.  Probably would blow the fuse or voltage regulator.

The NES for some stupid reason converts from AC to DC inside the console while just about every other one from its time does it in the power adapter.  The NES power supply has caused many consoles to be trashed probably.

You can use that same Genesis adapter on the NES though, but not the other way around.  That Genesis one also works on the TG16.
Interesting, thanks for the knowledge.

Zenimus

Quote from: mickcris on 06/02/2015, 01:48 AMdon't try it.  yes it would probably fry something as it is AC and the TG16 uses DC.  Probably would blow the fuse or voltage regulator.

On a somewhat related note, about 6 months ago I was hooking up my JP Famicom AV and accidentally plugged in the very similar looking US NES adapter. I was cleaning some games to play, when I saw a little bit of white smoke coming from the system! I rushed over and unplugged it. The thing had a terrible pungent odor coming from inside.

I opened the system, aired it out, but couldn't see any blatant damage. It shockingly still worked fine after that. If I had left it in much longer or turned it on, something definitely would've blown.

bob

I use an NES AC on my master system i believe, and never had a problem.
All my plugs are burried, so i'm not 100% but i dont believe i have the proper plug for my SMS2
The cdx i just bought on ebay came with a game gear plug, but i think im using a genesis plug on it with no issue.

There should be a thread about mixing and matching these things.

mickcris

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/02/2015, 04:48 PMI use an NES AC on my master system i believe, and never had a problem.
All my plugs are burried, so i'm not 100% but i dont believe i have the proper plug for my SMS2
The cdx i just bought on ebay came with a game gear plug, but i think im using a genesis plug on it with no issue.

You may want to change out the cdx ps as the normal genesis 2 ps does not put out enough current.  It may work for a bit, but ive heard of people burning up the cd side by doing this.

You may have been using a genesis 1 plug with your master system as they are the same specs, but I doubt you used a nes one as it would have not worked.  someone just tried this here and somehow did not damage their system:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=147675

bob

Yeah, you might be right. I have never been very cautious with the power supplies. Guess i should be?

So if i dont have a sega ps for master system, what are safe to use for both model 1 and 2?

mickcris

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/02/2015, 06:42 PMYeah, you might be right. I have never been very cautious with the power supplies. Guess i should be?

So if i dont have a sega ps for master system, what are safe to use for both model 1 and 2?
Model 1 for the Master System.  The Model 2 genesis is center + and also the plug is a different size.

bob

I was saying what is safe for master system model 1 and 2 if i dont have the originals?

sirhcman

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/02/2015, 04:48 PMI use an NES AC on my master system i believe, and never had a problem.

I blew out the voltage regulator on my SMS (model 1) by accidentally plugging in my NES AC adapter into it, only took all of 2 seconds for the damage to occur.

mickcris

Quote from: agent_orange on 06/02/2015, 07:40 PMI was saying what is safe for master system model 1 and 2 if i dont have the originals?
oh sorry (bad reading comprehension), any power supply that is 9v center negative with a 5.5mmx2.1mm tip.  Genesis Model 1 for example.  you can also get a universal one that comes with multiple tips and set it up for those specs.

Gentlegamer

Never use the NES AC supply (it's not an adapter) on anything but a NES. It supplies straight AC current to the NES, and the NES converts it to DC internally. Using it on any other system that requires DC (which is all of them) will brick it.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/03/2015, 02:27 AMNever use the NES AC supply (it's not an adapter) on anything but a NES. It supplies straight AC current to the NES, and the NES converts it to DC internally. Using it on any other system that requires DC (which is all of them) will brick it.
I use the NES AC supply for my 10,000 BTU air conditioner. It works like a charm.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 06/03/2015, 02:27 AMNever use the NES AC supply (it's not an adapter) on anything but a NES. It supplies straight AC current to the NES, and the NES converts it to DC internally. Using it on any other system that requires DC (which is all of them) will brick it.
Yeah, as a rule of thumb to prevent heartache I actually do not ever have a NES power supply plugged in.  In the rare instances I play NES I will just use my Genesis 1 or Sega CD power plug. Keeping the original NES one around and plugged in is just tempting fate for my unorganized self.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

cjameslv

Quote from: mickcris on 06/02/2015, 08:19 PM
Quote from: agent_orange on 06/02/2015, 07:40 PMI was saying what is safe for master system model 1 and 2 if i dont have the originals?
...you can also get a universal one that comes with multiple tips and set it up for those specs.
No sir! I know those things well and they are utter crap. I say this after having gone through a handful of them. The last one i own (i keep for just random testing stuff not even for playing) makes the screen distort at times. Not sure if its accepting interference or causing it. The genny 1 or getting a higher quality ps (checking weight is a good indicator if it has a good size transformer) not one of the feather weight ones. Those cheap ones that hyperkin sells with the dual tip - nes/snes are just terrible.

mickcris

Quote from: cjameslv on 06/03/2015, 11:20 AM
Quote from: mickcris on 06/02/2015, 08:19 PM
...you can also get a universal one that comes with multiple tips and set it up for those specs.
No sir! I know those things well and they are utter crap. I say this after having gone through a handful of them. The last one i own (i keep for just random testing stuff not even for playing) makes the screen distort at times. Not sure if its accepting interference or causing it. The genny 1 or getting a higher quality ps (checking weight is a good indicator if it has a good size transformer) not one of the feather weight ones. Those cheap ones that hyperkin sells with the dual tip - nes/snes are just terrible.
Sorry, I was not clear, I meant one like this (not particularly this one exactly though, but its probably fine) not those gaming ones:
http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-Cable-ACD477-Universal-Supply/dp/B000Z31G3M/

Also, I apologize for derailing this thread.  I think I should have posted this elsewhere. :)

wildfruit

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

Yeah, that's nuts.  Maybe he meant €50, made a typo, then ran with it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

esteban

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2015, 01:46 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/05/2015, 12:29 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/100-BRAND-NEW-VERY-RAER-Turbo-Grafx-16-System-Keeper-officially-licensed-/321752779924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9f5cc94
Those things better be made out of gold and leather good lord!
They popped up earlier. They may be extra RAE because he is the only one manufacturing them.
Yeah, I might have sold him the "prototype"!