PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2015, 09:26 PMhahgrail.png
Ha! Shoulda guessed. Didn't really know where you reside. I'm surprised you didn't plug DoxPhile in the listing lol

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2015, 09:26 PMhahgrail.png
Please tell me you photoshopped "Magical Chase" onto that pic and fools are bidding on it.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Mathius

esteban

I have not logged onto eBay for years and I created a new password just to bid on the Holy Grail.

Sadly, I suspect someone with a user name of "bucci" has outbid me:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

If you pull the bid and send it to me I'll give you a reach around.  Think it over and let me know.

BigusSchmuck

Anyone who has $10 to blow on a piece of paper is smoking butt crack. Enough said.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/10/2015, 02:39 PMAnyone who has $10 to blow on a piece of paper is smoking butt crack. Enough said.
Yeah, but anyone wanting to auction one for $25 is a real entrepreneur!

Scammer.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

geise

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2015, 10:28 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/10/2015, 02:39 PMAnyone who has $10 to blow on a piece of paper is smoking butt crack. Enough said.
Yeah, but anyone wanting to auction one for $25 is a real entrepreneur!

Scammer.
You're really looking out for all of us with your heart of gold aren't you?

NightWolve

wildfruit

I don't understand why people don't just get the 日本 versions of Ys . They're so cheap. They're not that hard . I don't know much moon runes but I just used a YT play through to translate as I went along.

geise

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/11/2015, 01:34 PMI don't understand why people don't just get the 日本 versions of Ys . They're so cheap. They're not that hard . I don't know much moon runes but I just used a YT play through to translate as I went along.
US Ys should be fairly cheap.  It's common as all hell, unless you want to go full original release.  I just have my Duo pack in and that is fairly cheap if you go outside of ebay.

That is pretty nifty that you used youtube to do a playthrough of the japanese version.

NecroPhile

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/11/2015, 01:34 PMI don't understand why people don't just get the 日本 versions of Ys . They're so cheap.
It's still not prohibitively expensive (less than a new xbone/ps4 game), and it's worth buying for the story and top notch voice acting.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: wildfruit on 07/11/2015, 01:34 PMI don't understand why people don't just get the 日本 versions of Ys . They're so cheap. They're not that hard . I don't know much moon runes but I just used a YT play through to translate as I went along.
It's one of the best localizations (voice acting) from the first few years of CD -ROM in NA.

It is L'Awesome.

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 07/13/2015, 08:14 PM
It's one of the best localizations (voice acting) from the first few years of CD -ROM in NA.

It is L'Awesome.
It really is amazing. The first time Adol rescues Feena in the shrine was a watershed moment for me. The game's US voice acting made that possible.

NightWolve

Why go Japanese when you can just download a US CD image from wherever ? Ys Book I & II is one of the best localizations of a CD game and one of the first. The voice-acting is excellent, was well-funded - I'm sure you heard about Alan Oppenheimer but what was surprising to me was learning Thomas H. Church played Goban Toba. If I recall, I learned that from a Game Sack episode. As a kid, I never paid much attention to credits rolls, that's not something I ever would've picked up on.

Anyway, it's one of the best Action-RPGs for the system, and there aren't much, so why would you resort to the Japanese version and some Youtube guide ? Download the CDROM image, play it on an emulator or burn it to CD-R for play on real NEC hardware... It's easy... It'd just be a shame and silly to miss out on Ys history like that.

sirhcman

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/13/2015, 09:54 PMDownload the CDROM image, play it on an emulator or burn it to CD-R for play on real NEC hardware... It's easy... It'd just be a shame and silly to miss out on Ys history like that.
Pirating aside, the only thing I can think is maybe he is leery of cd-r media on his hardware

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/13/2015, 10:10 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/13/2015, 09:54 PMDownload the CDROM image, play it on an emulator or burn it to CD-R for play on real NEC hardware... It's easy... It'd just be a shame and silly to miss out on Ys history like that.
Pirating aside, the only thing I can think is maybe he is leery of cd-r media on his hardware
That's why you have guys like Keith Courage fixing er up when she breaks!

sirhcman

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/13/2015, 11:05 PMThat's why you have guys like Keith Courage fixing er up when she breaks!
Might be different for other setups but I've never had a problem with my duo-r laser and using cd-r's.

Emerald Rocker

I just tried playing a PB&J sandwich in my Duo, and now it won't work, Nulltard you demon dog!
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 07/14/2015, 12:04 AMI just tried playing a PB&J sandwich in my Duo, and now it won't work, Nulltard you demon dog!
If it starts barking at you, you know you have problems. Back on topic.. Are boxed U.S Duos with the 4 in 1 cd really going for this much? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-TurboGrafx-CD-Rom-Video-Game-System-/321807033112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aed31a318

esteban

I just purchased DinoForce. Disc only. I have yet to play it, because I need to watch some cat videos on TooYube (it helps calm my nerves).

NightWolve

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 07/14/2015, 12:04 AMI just tried playing a PB&J sandwich in my Duo, and now it won't work, Nulltard you demon dog!
Hah, but in all seriousness, a CD-R is fine, but if no CD-R brand works at all, then your CD laser likely has gotten weak and needs replacement or the CD potentiometers need adjusting. Yeah, you'd have to send it off to a modder/repairman.

bozo55

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Alert-TurboGrafx-CD-Turbo-Duo-CD-TG16-/181722103266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4f7b3de2

:(  I hate jerks who corner the market.  I can't believe someone was willing to pay that much for this game.

Edit: I just realized these are "Brand New" copies.  Still out to lunch IMO.

Emerald Rocker

Last Alert is a really good game that also happens to be infamous for its voice acting.  If someone here actually wanted to corner a specific market on eBay, that would be a smart choice of game.

EDIT: NOT THAT I AM ENDORSING SUCH BEHAVIOR.  (more like defending Last Alert's honor)
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Mathius

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 07/14/2015, 10:36 PMLast Alert is a really good game that also happens to be infamous for its voice acting.  If someone here actually wanted to corner a specific market on eBay, that would be a smart choice of game.

EDIT: NOT THAT I AM ENDORSING SUCH BEHAVIOR.  (more like defending Last Alert's honor)
Hey now! I know the upper echelons of the eBay Gougers' Syndicate are hurting for IQ points as much as moral integrity, but please refrain from giving them any ideas no matter how well-intentioned they may be.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 07/14/2015, 10:36 PMLast Alert is a really good game that also happens to be infamous for its voice acting.  If someone here actually wanted to corner a specific market on eBay, that would be a smart choice of game.

Final Zone 2 isn't much better in the dub department.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

Quote from: bozo55 on 07/14/2015, 08:55 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Last-Alert-TurboGrafx-CD-Turbo-Duo-CD-TG16-/181722103266?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a4f7b3de2

:(  I hate jerks who corner the market.  I can't believe someone was willing to pay that much for this game.

Edit: I just realized these are "Brand New" copies.  Still out to lunch IMO.
How do you become an "authorized reseller" of turbo?

NecroPhile

Quote from: agent_orange on 07/15/2015, 08:56 AMHow do you become an "authorized reseller" of turbo?
He was 'authorized' by way of his mommy telling him he either needs to sell some of his stuff or move out of her basement.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2015, 09:14 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on 07/15/2015, 08:56 AMHow do you become an "authorized reseller" of turbo?
He was 'authorized' by way of his mommy telling him he either needs to sell some of his stuff or move out of her basement.
Seriously, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/15/2015, 05:04 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/15/2015, 09:14 AM
Seriously, that's the funniest thing I've read in a while.
Seconded.

pixeljunkie

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

How game collectible pricing works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

Lesson: if you can find a grading service which charges less than $2850, the difference is pure profit.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

roflmao

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2015, 11:57 AMHow game collectible pricing works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

Lesson: if you can find a grading service which charges less than $2850, the difference is pure profit.
How reality works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000
RESULT = Sits on eBay for years unsold ramping up eBay listing fees

Lesson: Seller realises he completely wasted his time and money paying for VGA grading and eBay listing fees.

The only winners here are VGA and eBay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NightWolve

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/17/2015, 11:45 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/VGA-90-TURBO-DUO-US-DRAGON-SLAYER-PRISTINE-GOLD-LEVEL-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED/221448593501
With a name like collector king you would think people would avoid buying stuff from this guy like a plague.
I sent my patented $5 offer for that but it was promptly declined. Ah well. :/

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2015, 12:03 PMPCEWorks has done it again.  ](*,)

Magical Grail!
What's PCE Works got to do with it?  'Twas sold and bought by PCEFXers; they're just using the name for lulz.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 07/17/2015, 12:33 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/17/2015, 12:03 PMPCEWorks has done it again.  ](*,)

Magical Grail!
What's PCE Works got to do with it?  'Twas sold and bought by PCEFXers.
'Tis the PCEWorks edition.

esteban

NightWolve

Ah, Nulltard forgot to put the "For the love of it!" slogan in the logo... Tsk, ruined the whole gag... :/ Can't really be thought of as PCEWorks without that.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/17/2015, 12:49 PMAh, Nulltard forgot to put the "For the love of it!" slogan in the logo... Tsk, ruined the whole gag... :/ Can't really be thought of as PCEWorks without that.
Yes, that slogan, or a variation, would be icing on the cake.

"Brought to you, by doo-wop-phile.corn... For the love of it!"

CrackTiger

Quote from: Otaking on 07/17/2015, 12:05 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/17/2015, 11:57 AMHow game collectible pricing works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

How reality works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

Lesson: Seller realises he completely wasted his time and money paying for VGA grading and eBay listing fees.

The real winners are the credit card companies making interest off of game flippers' initial investments for years while they fail to sell. All in the hopes of getting rich quick.

Yet we still get clowns coming in here telling us we're delusional and fantasizing about Bonk 3 manuals not being worth $300, even theough we see the same overpriced listings rotting on eBay, year after year.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

wilykat

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

How reality works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

I've been selling a few bits of odd and ends, mostly junk around the house that are worth more than Goodwill fodder.  Listing a BIN with minimal bling (no subtitle, etc) has been free in video game category for me.  It is only when it sells that I get fee.

I could list a loose non-working Keith Courage with bad label for $1,000 and keep relisting it every time for the next 10 years, I won't be dinged a fee unless eBay changes their pricing system.

tl;dr for many sellers, they won't owe eBay anything to list all those overpriced VGA graded scams.

LostFlunky

Quote from: wilykat on 07/17/2015, 03:23 PM

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

How reality works:

Dragon Slayer

CIC = $75
NEW!/SEALED! = $150
GRADED = $3000

I've been selling a few bits of odd and ends, mostly junk around the house that are worth more than Goodwill fodder.  Listing a BIN with minimal bling (no subtitle, etc) has been free in video game category for me.  It is only when it sells that I get fee.

I could list a loose non-working Keith Courage with bad label for $1,000 and keep relisting it every time for the next 10 years, I won't be dinged a fee unless eBay changes their pricing system.

tl;dr for many sellers, they won't owe eBay anything to list all those overpriced VGA graded scams.
Yeah, that has changed in the last "x" number of years.. I don't know when, but there are no charges now for the first "X" number of listings... until they sell...

I used to sell a lot and remember $.35 insertion fees, relisting fees and final value fees....

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/17/2015, 03:45 PMYeah, that has changed in the last "x" number of years.. I don't know when, but there are no charges now for the first "X" number of listings... until they sell...

I used to sell a lot and remember $.35 insertion fees, relisting fees and final value fees....
It was 50 for everyone. Its down to 20 now. Also, listing in Video Game categories used to be $0.05 each, I think they raised it to $0.20.

eBay wants stuff to sell for high prices, but they want stuff to sell, rather than sit around. I think that is why they made these changes.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2015, 09:21 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Turbo-Video-Game-Catalog-Vol-2-1992-1993-Turbo-Duo-Turbo-Grafx-/131561653576

Oh thank god, finally a way out:

"TO ALL COLLECTORS OUT THERE STRUGGLING TO EITHER KEEP THEIR COLLECTIONS FUNDED OR ON THE VERGE OF HAVING TO SELL BECAUSE OF DEBT AND BILLS PILING UP. THERE IS A WAY OUT AND YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. THERE IS A TURNKEY SYSTEM THAT WORKS AND YOU CAN DO AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT WITH THIS SYSTEM IT'S EASY TO FOLLOW AND REPEAT....
I thought you were joking.

I will never understand how these scams make any money.

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 07/22/2015, 09:25 AM
Quote from: Nulltard on 07/22/2015, 09:21 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Club-Turbo-Video-Game-Catalog-Vol-2-1992-1993-Turbo-Duo-Turbo-Grafx-/131561653576

Oh thank god, finally a way out:

"TO ALL COLLECTORS OUT THERE STRUGGLING TO EITHER KEEP THEIR COLLECTIONS FUNDED OR ON THE VERGE OF HAVING TO SELL BECAUSE OF DEBT AND BILLS PILING UP. THERE IS A WAY OUT AND YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. THERE IS A TURNKEY SYSTEM THAT WORKS AND YOU CAN DO AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE AS YOU WANT WITH THIS SYSTEM IT'S EASY TO FOLLOW AND REPEAT....
I thought you were joking.

I will never understand how these scams make any money.
The answer comes to you from Egypt:

^.
                    /    \*.
                   /       \**.
                  /          \***.
                 /             \****.
                /                \****|
               /                   \***|
              /                      \**|
             /                         \*|
            /______________\| 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

Just when you think that billmarioman couldn't stoop any lower...