FT - Factory Sealed Somer Assault by Atlus

Started by Gagesac, 08/11/2015, 11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gagesac

Hello all! I am a fellow retro collector from Toronto, Canada. I am a regular on forums such as SEGA Age and a number of SEGA Genesis centric facebook groups as I am a Genesis and Dreamcast centric collector.

In saying that I have come across a factory sealed copy of Somer Assault by Atlus. I would love for this game to go into a proper TG16 loving home and will welcome any trades for Genesis or Dreamcast CIB games or hardware. I am fairly deep into both my collections so I would be primarily looking for uncommon titles.

If interested, pm me at your earliest convenience. Thanks! Photos linked below...

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

-Alex Gages

PCEngineHell

You have no rep here, so you may be expected to ship first. Be prepared for that.

Gagesac

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/11/2015, 11:59 PMYou have no rep here, so you may be expected to ship first. Be prepared for that.
Completely understandable :)

o.pwuaioc

removed

Gagesac

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 12:33 AMUnrelated to your sale, are there any good spots up in Toronto, perhaps some that have Turbo/PCE titles?
Not that I am aware of my friend. Sorry!

SignOfZeta

How much do I have to pay you to just open it right there? You can keep the game.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/12/2015, 04:01 PMHow much do I have to pay you to just open it right there? You can keep the game.
I'll pay, too, but I'd love a decent recording (nicely illuminated + steady phone/camera).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/12/2015, 04:01 PMHow much do I have to pay you to just open it right there? You can keep the game.
I was going to ask the same question

bob

Im in for $10

Gagesac

If 18 people pitch in $10 ill open it ;)

bob

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/12/2015, 08:16 PMim in for $180
Why don't you buy it outright and then open it yourself?

bob

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 08:56 PM
I already have it. Im trying to sell the manual for it.

vmorr

I'd be interested in picking this up if it wasn't new... I'm from Hamilton.

LostFlunky

Quote from: vmorr on 08/12/2015, 11:36 PMI'd be interested in picking this up if it wasn't new... I'm from Hamilton.
...and we all know that in Hamilton, "new" just doesn't fly...

Gagesac

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/12/2015, 08:58 PM
Always nice having doubles :)

Let me know agent orange!

vmorr

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 08/13/2015, 07:43 AM
Quote from: vmorr on 08/12/2015, 11:36 PMI'd be interested in picking this up if it wasn't new... I'm from Hamilton.
...and we all know that in Hamilton, "new" just doesn't fly...
A true statement.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/12/2015, 07:48 PMIf 18 people pitch in $10 ill open it ;)
So you think the game is worth $200+?  Fuck off to ebay or nintendoage.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/13/2015, 07:45 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on 08/12/2015, 08:58 PM
Always nice having doubles :)

Let me know agent orange!
Spoken like a true collectard.

esteban

Hahahahhahajaja. We are having lots of fun.

SignOfZeta

This is a really cool and unique game, btw.
IMG

esteban

escarioth

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 08/13/2015, 12:16 PMThis is a really cool and unique game, btw.
I manage to get a copy some months ago and yes..
this is quite unique  :!:

and here i thought first it was a game about pyramid and all  #-o
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

Gagesac

Yep! Definitely a unique and interesting title. I am familiar with Atlus on the Genesis mostly and their one and only title is a gem, so I can only assume the same amount of care would go into development for games on other systems. Would love to get it into someones hand who will appreciate it moreso. I have had some interest but nothing has panned out as of yet, in saying that the item is still available.

datbuta

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 12:33 AMUnrelated to your sale, are there any good spots up in Toronto, perhaps some that have Turbo/PCE titles?
There is a iceman video games in Kensington Market downtown... they have 2 locations... also there is A&C Games on Spadina... also there is Gamerama on Yonge and Eglington... and there is a good place out in milton called Toyratt... you can check their Facebook..

unless you have checked all those place thats all i can think off

o.pwuaioc

removed

escarioth

Quote from: vmorr on 08/14/2015, 11:36 AM$240 CAD :shock:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/city-of-toronto/turbografx-16-tg-16-factory-sealed-somer-assault-by-atlus/1093550785?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Kijiji is full of retard people.
canada's finest in mixing all the small video game shop + noobish sellers.
mostly people there keep thinking their shit are golden nugget.
had very bad experience there

Gagesac

Canadian dollar is at an 11 year low. Exchange rate is unbelievably poor. Yes 180usd = 240 canadian at the moment.

wildfruit

1gbp is over 2cad. I feel a holiday coming on. £££$$$

Gagesac

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/14/2015, 05:05 PM1gbp is over 2cad. I feel a holiday coming on. £££$$$
Yep :(. We poor canadians cant look outside our borders for purchases/vacations...

wildfruit

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/14/2015, 05:11 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 08/14/2015, 05:05 PM1gbp is over 2cad. I feel a holiday coming on. £££$$$
Yep :(. We poor canadians cant look outside our borders for purchases/vacations...
Its good for your export industry in general though.

Gagesac

Quote from: wildfruit on 08/14/2015, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Gagesac on 08/14/2015, 05:11 PM
Its good for your export industry in general though.
Very true! Cant beat the rate right now. 11 year low, quite impressive.

Alt-Nintega

OP, I have the best possible solution for you. Get this graded. Sell it on ebay for $1000 to some collectard. Use the money to buy the rare Sega games u want.

Gagesac

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 08/16/2015, 07:35 PMOP, I have the best possible solution for you. Get this graded. Sell it on ebay for $1000 to some collectard. Use the money to buy the rare Sega games u want.
Whenever I see those graded games on eBay I wonder if any actually ever sell...

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/16/2015, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 08/16/2015, 07:35 PMOP, I have the best possible solution for you. Get this graded. Sell it on ebay for $1000 to some collectard. Use the money to buy the rare Sega games u want.
http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/index.php?/topic/3697-new-interesting-sealed-vga-ebay-listings/page-3

Warning do not read that thread if your weak -  - -  talk of common games being sold for thousands
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gagesac

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/16/2015, 08:09 PM
http://www.sealedgameheaven.com/index.php?/topic/3697-new-interesting-sealed-vga-ebay-listings/page-3

Warning do not read that thread if your weak -  - -  talk of common games being sold for thousands
All this VGA stuff seems so awkward, I dont personally get it.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/16/2015, 08:37 PM

All this VGA stuff seems so awkward, I dont personally get it.
IMG
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

o.pwuaioc

I'm not certain that sealedgamesheaven.com isn't just a couple guys trolling us all.

Gagesac

Just want to refocus the post back to its original intention.

Looking to trade for Genesis or Dreamcast CIB games. Cheers  :dance:

bozo55

Quote from: escarioth on 08/14/2015, 12:01 PM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-old-video-games/city-of-toronto/turbografx-16-tg-16-factory-sealed-somer-assault-by-atlus/1093550785?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
If OP really thinks the game is worth that much, he/she should continue to hold on to it.  Games that are genuinely worth that price tend to continue to shoot up in price. 

The market for sealed games is incredibly small.  From what I gather, most of the people who pay for these are resellers who are gambling on the price going up even further in the future or stupendously wealthy people who find sentimental value in a specific game.  While these people are definitely skewing prices upward, they should not be factored into a standard pricing deviation for any particular game.

Somer Assault is a title that likely does not fall into either of the above two categories.  The resellers are not speculating on it and there are few fans of the game.  Sealed sales are seldom and likely only by that one crazy guy out there trying to collect a sealed set.

Either you sit on it forever to find the right buyer or you cave in and charge something that is more in line with a CIB price.

bob

This... is incredibly disturbing.
This... must be a joke.
This... just cant be real.
This... is why some people just shouldnt have the internet
This... is why my ipad just got thrown across the room

esteban

Quote from: bozo55 on 08/16/2015, 11:28 PM
Quote from: escarioth on 08/14/2015, 12:01 PM

If OP really thinks the game is worth that much, he/she should continue to hold on to it.  Games that are genuinely worth that price tend to continue to shoot up in price. 

The market for sealed games is incredibly small.  From what I gather, most of the people who pay for these are resellers who are gambling on the price going up even further in the future or stupendously wealthy people who find sentimental value in a specific game.  While these people are definitely skewing prices upward, they should not be factored into a standard pricing deviation for any particular game.

Somer Assault is a title that likely does not fall into either of the above two categories.  The resellers are not speculating on it and there are few fans of the game.  Sealed sales are seldom and likely only by that one crazy guy out there trying to collect a sealed set.

Either you sit on it forever to find the right buyer or you cave in and charge something that is more in line with a CIB price.
A well-written, logical post....wait, are we still at pcefx?

:)

escarioth

Quote from: Gagesac on 08/16/2015, 08:37 PMAll this VGA stuff seems so awkward, I dont personally get it.
same here..

wildfruit

I like the post where the guy says he is going to sell his nes collection because he cant afford to get every single game.
WORST PRICK EVER.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2015, 07:59 PMI'll send you a JO crystal
Does it glow when you open sealed games?  Sold!