This seller obviously didn't know what he had.

Started by Nexus7, 08/08/2015, 07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboswimbz

Quote from: Nexus7 on 08/08/2015, 07:16 AMI'm jealous of whoever won this bid.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TurboChip-Game-Cards-for-Turbo-Grafx-16-SuperSystem-1988-1993-Lot-11-/261996702830?hash=item3d00386c6e&nma=true&si=dizLGwG90o4t8QIzmmDr1fkmxX8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Sometimes this happens with these thrift stores.  they throw things up on e-bay that get in storage lockers, or those free clean out services. You have to have no life or be lucky as pie to get these things though.  although I got a great deal on a DUO-R this way.  ( jelly is right, Damn I woulda drove up to lincroft for that obey too.)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Nexus7

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/08/2015, 07:21 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TurboChip-Game-Cards-for-Turbo-Grafx-16-SuperSystem-1988-1993-Lot-11-/261996702830?hash=item3d00386c6e&nma=true&si=dizLGwG90o4t8QIzmmDr1fkmxX8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Sometimes this happens with these thrift stores.  they throw things up on e-bay that get in storage lockers, or those free clean out services. You have to have no life or be lucky as pie to get these things though.  although I got a great deal on a DUO-R this way.  ( jelly is right, Damn I woulda drove up to lincroft for that obey too.)
Well, I hope the person who won that bid isn't a reseller.

ClodBusted

Great! Next time somebody tries to sell any of these games for inflated prices, you can show him this auction and tell him "this is the true value these are going for, go truck yourself Greedo!"

Edit: HELL yeah, post no. 666.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Nexus7 on 08/08/2015, 07:23 AM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/08/2015, 07:21 AM

Well, I hope the person who won that bid isn't a reseller.
MOre than likely It'll be back on ebay in a few days. those poor games may not see a slot for a long time.

I'm going to start a slot your games PSA.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mas

I've had this done before but maybe the seller will probably refund the buyers money saying wrong price and do a buy it now for 750.00.
It sucks for the buyer and I think it shouldn't happen but it does happen from time to time

wilykat

I don't know of any hated reseller with 2192 feedback rating.  It's not the happiestsellerever for sure

csgx1

The game titles are:
Sports TV Hockey, 1991
Splatterhouse, 1988
Turrigan, 1991
Neutopia, 1992
Chase HO, 1990
Shockman, 1992
Bonk's Revenge, 1991
Bonk 3, 1993
Bonk's Adventure, 1990
Air Zonk, 1992
Time Cruise, 1992

Some good games in that lot.  I used to play "Chase HO" a lot in my younger days.  :twisted:

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

johnnykonami

Quote from: csgx1 on 08/08/2015, 04:29 PMThe game titles are:
Sports TV Hockey, 1991
Splatterhouse, 1988
Turrigan, 1991
Neutopia, 1992
Chase HO, 1990
Shockman, 1992
Bonk's Revenge, 1991
Bonk 3, 1993
Bonk's Adventure, 1990
Air Zonk, 1992
Time Cruise, 1992

Some good games in that lot.  I used to play "Chase HO" a lot in my younger days.  :twisted: 
And who hasn't sat down with a good game of Turrigan now and then as well!  I am about to sit down to a session of GG & Jim myself, one of my TerraGraphite-14 faves.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ClodBusted

grolt

I'm a notorious strange man.

NightWolve

Assuming they all work OK, but yeah, might work out well for whoever bought all that...

HuCards do break though... I can only speak for myself, but I only ever hard ONE that broke on me... My fresh new TurboExpress right-out-of-the-box destroyed my Bloody Wolf HuCard because the contact pins were so tight - it was tough to push it in the first time and that was the first game I wanted to try on it after it arrived... Turned it on, nothing, pulled the card out, pushed it in again, nothing... Then tried another HuCard and that worked, so I'm like "Uh-oh", then I take Bloody Wolf to my TurboGrafx-16 where it USED to work, but now all I got was a black screen, THE END... Heh. Pretty much how it happened...

turboswimbz

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/08/2015, 06:01 PMAssuming they all work OK, but yeah, might work out well for whoever bought all that...

HuCards do break though... I can only speak for myself, but I only ever hard ONE that broke on me... My fresh new TurboExpress right-out-of-the-box destroyed my Bloody Wolf HuCard because the contact pins were so tight - it was tough to push it in the first time and that was the first game I wanted to try on it after it arrived... Turned it on, nothing, pulled the card out, pushed it in again, nothing... Then tried another HuCard and that worked, so I'm like "Uh-oh", then I take Bloody Wolf to my TurboGrafx-16 where it USED to work, but now all I got was a black screen, THE END... Heh. Pretty much how it happened...
[/quote
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/08/2015, 06:01 PMAssuming they all work OK, but yeah, might work out well for whoever bought all that...

This is intresting.  I've had two break on me.  a blue blink that got corrupt graphics, and a kieth courage that I got in a lot.  no amount of cleaning got it to read.

johnnykonami

That blows, man.  Did it loosen it up for the rest of the games?  Or were you just gunshy about putting in any other ones?

Gentlegamer

I have a Cratermaze huey that doesn't work.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

madboom0522

It is a known re-seller.... So yes they will be back up on the bay pretty soon I am sure.
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

LostFlunky

Quote from: madboom0522 on 08/08/2015, 10:52 PMIt is a known re-seller.... So yes they will be back up on the bay pretty soon I am sure.
And not here  - it is Dr OJ....

NightWolve

Quote from: johnnykonami on 08/08/2015, 07:29 PM

That blows, man.  Did it loosen it up for the rest of the games?  Or were you just gunshy about putting in any other ones?
Yep, exactly what happened. That first push was REALLY tight and I was like, hmm, that didn't feel right, that took WAY more force than what I was used to with the TG-16 system... And when I turned it on and nothing happened, I pulled it out, tried again where the 2nd time was so-so, I started to wonder... I believe I tried a third time before switching to another HuCard which then worked... That's when I got nervous and took Bloody Wolf right to my TG-16 and tried it only to find now that it didn't work at all...

I tried cleaning it many times, but obviously that wasn't the problem, it never was!!! That was the beauty of TG-16 compared to your NES and blowing the carts all the time, using cleaner kits on the contacts, reinserting and pressing down just right in order to get it to work, etc... All the hell Nintendo put you through because of their fancy push-in/push-down tray system, having abandoned the tried and true Atari 2600 method which never really had a damn problem either! But yeah, HuCards also worked EVERY damn time, at least 99.99% of the time!!! I don't really ever remember having to clean the contacts on one to get it to work...

Nexus7

Quote from: madboom0522 on 08/08/2015, 10:52 PMIt is a known re-seller.... So yes they will be back up on the bay pretty soon I am sure.
Wait, how do you know who purchased the item?

wilykat

eBay used to show all the details but they have munged bidder's ID and recently made searching bidder's history impossible. But they still show feedback score and some of us do have eyes on well known reseller whose feedback score matches the winning bidder's mystery ID.

There are probably other method but this is the only one I know of.

Gentlegamer

IMG

madboom0522

Quote from: wilykat on 08/09/2015, 06:00 AMeBay used to show all the details but they have munged bidder's ID and recently made searching bidder's history impossible. But they still show feedback score and some of us do have eyes on well known reseller whose feedback score matches the winning bidder's mystery ID.

There are probably other method but this is the only one I know of.
You are correct in that method. There are a few other ways as well....
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

johnnykonami

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/08/2015, 11:34 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 08/08/2015, 07:29 PM

Yep, exactly what happened. That first push was REALLY tight and I was like, hmm, that didn't feel right, that took WAY more force than what I was used to with the TG-16 system... And when I turned it on and nothing happened, I pulled it out, tried again where the 2nd time was so-so, I started to wonder... I believe I tried a third time before switching to another HuCard which then worked... That's when I got nervous and took Bloody Wolf right to my TG-16 and tried it only to find now that it didn't work at all...

I tried cleaning it many times, but obviously that wasn't the problem, it never was!!! That was the beauty of TG-16 compared to your NES and blowing the carts all the time, using cleaner kits on the contacts, reinserting and pressing down just right in order to get it to work, etc... All the hell Nintendo put you through because of their fancy push-in/push-down tray system, having abandoned the tried and true Atari 2600 method which never really had a damn problem either! But yeah, HuCards also worked EVERY damn time, at least 99.99% of the time!!! I don't really ever remember having to clean the contacts on one to get it to work...
I always wanted a Turbo Express back in the day, I would have been mortified if this happened to me.  Well, I guess it would have been OK if it were Vigilante.  But I would have probably put in Cadash or Parasol Stars and that would have sent me through the roof breaking one of those two games.

xcrement5x

Quote from: wilykat on 08/08/2015, 03:40 PMI don't know of any hated reseller with 2192 feedback rating.  It's not the happiestsellerever for sure
Those poor Picos.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Assuming they all work, the flipper will make a tidy profit.  Huzzah.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2015, 11:54 AMAssuming they all work, the flipper will make a tidy profit.  Huzzah.
Just watch here for updates:

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/dr_orangejuicer/m.html

seieienbu

I've got a Jackie Chan that decided not to work for unknown reasons.  While we're on the subject, is  there any way to Fix a broken hu card?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Nexus7

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2015, 11:54 AMAssuming they all work, the flipper will make a tidy profit.  Huzzah.
I bet Bonk 3 will sell for $200 alone.

wilykat

Quote from: seieienbu on 08/10/2015, 05:02 PMI've got a Jackie Chan that decided not to work for unknown reasons.  While we're on the subject, is  there any way to Fix a broken hu card?
If cleaning doesn't work and it doesn't work in different console, it's toast.  The ROM chip are tiny and mounted directly without PCB, fabbing a new ROM chip won't be easy or cheap.

grolt

GreatBlue Swirlof99

The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

grolt

johnnykonami

Quote from: wilykat on 08/10/2015, 09:32 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 08/10/2015, 05:02 PMI've got a Jackie Chan that decided not to work for unknown reasons.  While we're on the subject, is  there any way to Fix a broken hu card?
If cleaning doesn't work and it doesn't work in different console, it's toast.  The ROM chip are tiny and mounted directly without PCB, fabbing a new ROM chip won't be easy or cheap. 
It would be cool to collect broken hucards and make them into a wall mosaic or some other kind of wall art, especially if they can't be recovered.

bozo55

Quote from: wilykat on 08/10/2015, 09:32 PM
I've never seen a HuCard dissected, but is there any chance that the ROM chip itself has lost connection with the HuCard contacts and hasn't actually died?

wilykat

That is a possibility but it's still challenging to solder a wire from tiny rom chip under epoxy to a contact without melting the while black thing and getting it back on flat and smooth.

I took apart a Sega card (Tennis) and if it's similar to HuCard, it's probably not worth the effort for common games.

cr8zykuban0

damn, all that for 75 shipped? on an auction bid?

talk about luck. I'm just hoping it went to a good home

Gredler

jperryss

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 08/17/2015, 06:53 PMdamn, all that for 75 shipped? on an auction bid?

It was a Buy It Now, and a reseller snatched it up.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: jperryss on 08/17/2015, 09:04 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 08/17/2015, 06:53 PMdamn, all that for 75 shipped? on an auction bid?

It was a Buy It Now, and a reseller snatched it up.
I actually saw it live as an auction at $55. Someone must have contacted the seller and asked them to put it as a BIN.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Mas

Well Im not going to say that it's a definite but everybody on here says a reseller bought this.   I looked on lukie games and they have now in stock every game that was on that sale. I think that may have bought it. I see that they are selling bonk 3 card only for 240.00. Crazy.

grolt

Quote from: Mas on 08/23/2015, 07:06 PMWell Im not going to say that it's a definite but everybody on here says a reseller bought this.   I looked on lukie games and they have now in stock every game that was on that sale. I think that may have bought it. I see that they are selling bonk 3 card only for 240.00. Crazy.
They've had that Bonk up there for awhile, and neither Splatterhouse nor Turrican are up for sale, so I don't think the buyer was Lukie.  Lucky, probably, but not Lukie.

Alt-Nintega

is there a thread here that has the "lucky" ebay finds and snipes?

Mas

Ok. I didn't know. I do know lukie games does that though. Buy games cheap or buys lots and jacks up the price on those website. Some are good prices on some of the games.

escarioth

a video game shop offered to sell me darkwing duck complete for 140$ (can) yesterday
so much dreadful memories....
my friend way back then was given choice to buy brand new neutopia 2... but since her kids sisters
couldnt play such a game his parents forced him to buy darkwing duck... it would be a game for the
whole family instead....

....he sure was pretty mad after 5 minutes playing (90$+tx can$ back then)
with no chance of any return since game was already open  :shock:

soooo...
i couldnt...this game sucks so bad.. i prefer buying that nes version   [-(
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

jperryss

Quote from: Mas on 08/23/2015, 07:06 PMWell Im not going to say that it's a definite but everybody on here says a reseller bought this.   I looked on lukie games and they have now in stock every game that was on that sale. I think that may have bought it. I see that they are selling bonk 3 card only for 240.00. Crazy.
The reseller was listed earlier in this thread. Not Lukie.

http://www.ebay.ca/sch/dr_orangejuicer/m.html

bob

so sad that somebody with zero appreciation for the games got them.
  :(

jperryss

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/24/2015, 01:19 PMso sad that somebody with zero appreciation for the games got them.
  :( 
And it looks like he duped the seller into putting up a cheap BIN instead of letting the auction ride (in which case it would've gone WAY higher). Total prick.

CGQuarterly

That eBay ID looks REALLY familiar...

Edit: He has a selling thread over on Atari Age.  I bought one of those brand new Jaguar guides from him.  Shipped it in a manilla envelope.  Doesn't look new anymore.  He offered to  give me a partial refund but I was already disgusted and didn't answer him.

Edit 2: His handle over there is "Fanopants".  Maybe he goes by the same alias on other forums.