Summon Night 5, a new PHYSICAL UMD PSP release by Gaijinworks (Working Designs)

Started by xcrement5x, 06/01/2015, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

Some of you may all remember Victor Ireland, the dude who ran Working Designs.  His new company, Gaijinworks has been localizing some titles and striving to produce physical versions whenever possible for people who want to own a copy. 

Well, he recently got the rights to Summon Night 5 from Namco-Bandai and will be translating and publishing a version if possible.  Also on the docket in the eventual future is Class of Heroes 3 to complement the physical versions of Class of Heroes 2 for PSP and Class of Heroes 2G for PS3 they published.

EDIT: 
You can preorder this now! - You can preorder this now! - You can preorder this now! - You can preorder this now!
http://www.gaijinworks.com/SN5_presale_live.htm

Included stuffs:
QuoteYou are purchasing a digital reservation voucher code that entitles you to a physical copy of the Summon Night 5 LE which includes:

Case with multi-sided cover insert
UMD with custom art (may be different than shown)
Full-color game manual
Giant 14"x19" poster (one of two randomly inserted shown)
Full Summon Night 5 Original Soundtrack CD (OST)
North America PSN (only) digital download code, good for free download
Serial Numbered Holographic Seal
Remember, when this is fulfilled you will get a PSN code for a digital copy AND a physical copy of the game.  This means you can still play the game even if you are dumb like me and never want to open the case.

Also, payments are through Amazon so if you have an Amazon account this is super easy.

PREORDERS CLOSE ON SEPTEMBER 7TH AT 12:59 PM PST!

---OLD STUFF---

So, are you interested in buying a copy?  Then go over to http://www.gaijinworks.com/ and fill out the interest poll on the homepage.  You are not buying or paying for anything now, it's just a form to gauge interest. If enough people sign up saying they would like to buy copies, then the production process will get underway and the email address you use will already be signed up to to be notified when the preorders start. 

Remember, YOU'RE NOT PAYING ANYTHING NOW, it's just to get an idea on how many people would like to have copies.  I personally like to have physical copies in hand over digital stuff you don't really ever own, hence my support for this project.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

I'm signed up.  I'll start saving change from couch cushions, that way it'll be "free" when it comes out sometime in 2018.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

So...how is it going to to get manufactured? Is Sony still stamping these things? I hung on pretty late, but I think the last PSP game I bought was Super Robot Wars Z2 Part 2, which I think must have been 2012.
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/01/2015, 06:19 PMSo...how is it going to to get manufactured? Is Sony still stamping these things? I hung on pretty late, but I think the last PSP game I bought was Super Robot Wars Z2 Part 2, which I think must have been 2012.
Yup, Sony is still producing UMDs at their own facilities.  Vic got them to manufacture Class of Heroes 2, so as long as you have the cash you can get them manufactured.  Supposedly the minimum run they will do is about 2000 though so that's why he has needed to do the interest polls and then the preorders to get them made.  Class of Heroes 2 turned out well, and he even managed to get variant UMD art made for the 2700 or so in total that were made.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ParanoiaDragon

I picked up the physical copy of Class of Heroes 2, back when they released it, even though I'm not a big FPRPG person.  I'll get this as well, though, there's plenty of other games I'd prefer they go after, like say, any Falcom games we never got.  Not to mention either of the Far East of Eden games(the PCE collection or FEoE 4) but I know that's asking a bit much!  I think there's a few Shining games we didn't get that are on PSP, not to mention the last Suikoden I'd kill for an English version of!
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 06/02/2015, 02:17 AMI picked up the physical copy of Class of Heroes 2, back when they released it, even though I'm not a big FPRPG person.  I'll get this as well, though, there's plenty of other games I'd prefer they go after, like say, any Falcom games we never got.  Not to mention either of the Far East of Eden games(the PCE collection or FEoE 4) but I know that's asking a bit much!  I think there's a few Shining games we didn't get that are on PSP, not to mention the last Suikoden I'd kill for an English version of!
There is actually a post on teh Gaijinworks forums where Vic talks about how they had a translation started for the FEoE game on Xbox 360 but apparently the MS publishing requirements were nuts.  He even posts some screenshots. 

InfraMan

Very cool, I'm definitely in for a copy... thanks for pointing this out! =D>

Renmauzo

xcrement5x

Quote from: Renmauzo on 06/14/2015, 01:06 AMThanks for the heads up; I threw down for two.
Awesome! 

Number are looking pretty good I think at this point, almost to the halfway point!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2015, 01:38 PM
Quote from: Renmauzo on 06/14/2015, 01:06 AMThanks for the heads up; I threw down for two.
Awesome! 

Number are looking pretty good I think at this point, almost to the halfway point!
And then the E3 attention sink hit.

We can hope though, maybe he just hasn't been updating.

I'm in for 2 if it happens, maybe more but I'm not sure yet.

NightWolve

Since Victor Ireland started Gaijinworks, who else here has bought games made by it and how much did you enjoy them ? What were they like ? The last game I played by him was "Lunar 2: Eternal Blue" for PS1 and I loved it. Need to hit my Arc the Lad collection some day when I move forward in my backlog of PS1/PS2 games, paid $85 for the thing when it came out after all. Anyway, wanted to hear about his current generation of games and how enjoyable they are compared to his WD label.

Gypsy

Well first of all I will reinforce your desire to play Arc. Arc II is a great game.

I don't think the CoH games have been very good (through no fault of the localization really) but I do have more hope for Summon Night 5.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/19/2015, 03:12 AMSince Victor Ireland started Gaijinworks, who else here has bought games made by it and how much did you enjoy them?
I haven't got around to Class of Heroes 2 yet, but it looks to be a pretty mediocre game in any language.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

The final tally for Class of Heroes 2 was only 2700, so it's kinda ridiculous for him to expect this one to sell more than twice as many.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/19/2015, 12:11 PMThe final tally for Class of Heroes 2 was only 2700, so it's kinda ridiculous for him to expect this one to sell more than twice as many.
Well, Summon Night is a bigger and better IP, so I'm guessing the hopes were that it would garner more interest.  It's still a really hard sell but I believe they will bring it out digital only if they don't get the numbers for a physical printing.

NecroPhile

Better IP or not, it's more than two years later and on an even deader platform.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/19/2015, 03:12 AMSince Victor Ireland started Gaijinworks, who else here has bought games made by it and how much did you enjoy them ? What were they like ? The last game I played by him was "Lunar 2: Eternal Blue" for PS1 and I loved it. Need to hit my Arc the Lad collection some day when I move forward in my backlog of PS1/PS2 games, paid $85 for the thing when it came out after all. Anyway, wanted to hear about his current generation of games and how enjoyable they are compared to his WD label.
Yeah, I finally beat Arc 1 recently & started Arc 2 after all these years.  I ended up picking Arc 4 & 5 for cheap.  Originally didn't get them cuz I heard they were lousy.
IMG

Gypsy

Compared to Arc I and II they are awful. End of Darkness is completely abysmal with no real redeeming qualities iirc. Twilight of the Spirits is probably a decent enough game if you just look at it like a generic JRPG.

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I'm not expecting much from either one, but, occasionally I end up enjoying games to some degree, when I hear nothing but bad about them.  It's kind of a reverse psychology thing I think.
IMG

Gypsy

Yeah when you don't have any hype or expectation for a game then it has nowhere to go but up. I had that happen with a few critically panned games recently. Though I find a lot of the time reviews are way too extreme one way or the other.

At least I was able to finish Twilight of the Spirits fwiw.

xcrement5x

esadajr

I supported the survey mainly because it's great to see new PSP releases. I'm not too familiar with the tactical RPG genre. How hardcore do you think this game is?
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

I got mine ordered.  Now begins the inevitable delays and the waiting game.

ParanoiaDragon

Ordered mine as well.  Never played the other games or really know much about them, but it seems like a game I'd support, so I wait for my UMD. :)
IMG

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2015, 01:21 PMI got mine ordered.  Now begins the inevitable delays and the waiting game.
Just wait till Bloodstained misses its release date....

Psycho Punch

Won't order. Why in the world would I want a new, physical PSP release in 2015 beyond collectardism purposes? I mean I understand if you're doing it because you're a fan of Victor Ireland or you played Summon Night 4, but I don't fit in any of the above so whatever.

Seriously, who the hell plays UMD based games in 2015? Be honest.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

vmorr

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: vmorr on 08/27/2015, 11:25 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/27/2015, 09:12 PMSeriously, who the hell plays UMD based games in 2015? Be honest.
This guy does.
As do I, though I've been focusing on my Vita lately.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2015, 09:12 PMWon't order. Why in the world would I want a new, physical PSP release in 2015 beyond collectardism purposes? I mean I understand if you're doing it because you're a fan of Victor Ireland or you played Summon Night 4, but I don't fit in any of the above so whatever.
The format of the game in question isn't what makes me want it. As I think you see from this forum lots of people buy games for older or outdated platforms all the time. The fact that this is a new to the US release makes this cool, and it comes with a download code so buyers can play the game and don't have to deal with the slow speeds of actually playing the UMD. But do have a way to play the game in the future if and when it's no longer available on PSN, their PSP memory card fails, etc.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 08/27/2015, 09:12 PMWon't order. Why in the world would I want a new, physical PSP release in 2015 beyond collectardism purposes? I mean I understand if you're doing it because you're a fan of Victor Ireland or you played Summon Night 4, but I don't fit in any of the above so whatever.

Seriously, who the hell plays UMD based games in 2015? Be honest.
Me, though 80% of the time I'm playing the ISO on a PSP Go (with DS3 and TV).  Since I'd rather not steal semi-current games, I buy physical versions; they're generally cheaper than downloads, and that way I'm not reliant on Sony's servers and whims.

xcrement5x

Yeah, like Dan said this comes with a digital code for the PSN, which means by the way that this game is also Vita compatible. 

So if it makes you feel better you can think about it as Special Edition Digital Vita Release. The bonuses are all the stuff you get already like a soundtrack and poster, plus an archaic UMD in case you can show to your children when they ask about the PSP.