@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsa

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 12:42 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/08/2015, 11:30 PM
Quote from: fsa on 09/08/2015, 04:48 PMHas anyone seen this one, I love Shmups but this is f**king off the charts. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldier-Blade-TurboGrafx-16-1992-BIG-BOX-NEW-SEALED-VERY-RARE/262002400137
If I were a millionaire who had cash to blow, I would buy up all the sealed copies and open and play them. This is about the most retarded thing ever.
You know, I've had daydreams like that too. Winning the lottery and buying as many games as I want and quitting school/job to just play all day long. The problem is, the dumbass seller would then get the money they're asking for. There's no winning in any situation!
It's becoming harder for someone to get into retro gaming as those dumb ass re-sellers are buying everything and selling them at a premium. The only kids that will be privileged to play these systems are the ones connected to someone in a community like this (a lot of good and generous people here). I can't imagine 20 years from now what the prices will be like.
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: fsa on 09/09/2015, 09:57 AM
Quote from: fsa on 09/08/2015, 04:48 PMHas anyone seen this one, I love Shmups but this is f**king off the charts. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldier-Blade-TurboGrafx-16-1992-BIG-BOX-NEW-SEALED-VERY-RARE/262002400137
If I were a millionaire who had cash to blow, I would buy up all the sealed copies and open and play them. This is about the most retarded thing ever.
You know, I've had daydreams like that too. Winning the lottery and buying as many games as I want and quitting school/job to just play all day long. The problem is, the dumbass seller would then get the money they're asking for. There's no winning in any situation!
It's becoming harder for someone to get into retro gaming as those dumb ass re-sellers are buying everything and selling them at a premium. The only kids that will be privileged to play these systems are the ones connected to someone in a community like this (a lot of good and generous people here). I can't imagine 20 years from now what the prices will be like.
As soon as folks start realizing that the "gotta have them all!" mentality is retarded asshattery, then prices will naturally lower, save on the few super high ticket items.

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

LostFlunky

BigusSchmuck

NecroPhile

Wowza.  For that kind of money, I'd rather forget the box and get a TurboDuo and a stack of games or a PCE Duo and an even bigger stack of games.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

I can't remember the name of the collectard who rage quit here after he wasn't worshiped for his OMEGA status, but he's all over that nintendoage thread, bragging about overpaying and offering to buy the already overpriced Duo, should the guy decide to "flip" it.

Check out the signature of one of the posters:

NES  628/768 carts
SNES  154/726 carts
N64  119/296  carts
GEN  144/709 carts
GB  60/511 carts
GBC  41/447 carts
GBA  40/1044 carts     
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 10:09 AM
Quote from: fsa on 09/09/2015, 09:57 AM

As soon as folks start realizing that the "gotta have them all!" mentality is retarded asshattery, then prices will naturally lower, save on the few super high ticket items.
And those collectards can keep their high ticket items, while I'll be playing Bonk and probably having more fun too.

NecroPhile

I wouldn't say Turbobs are pricey just because collectards gotta have a complete collection, seeing as very few of the pricey (well over $100) games aren't also very good games.  If they were all cheap and plentiful, who wouldn't want a Magical Chase, Beyond Shadowgate, or Dungeon Explorer II?

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/09/2015, 03:43 PMI wouldn't say Turbobs are pricey just because collectards gotta have a complete collection, seeing as very few of the pricey (well over $100) games aren't also very good games.  If they were all cheap and plentiful, who wouldn't want a Magical Chase, Beyond Shadowgate, or Dungeon Explorer II?
I was thinking more that the mentality of "collect everything!" leads to higher prices all the way around, but I did make a point in excepting high ticket items. Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magical Chase, etc. etc. would still be high. But if everything else were depressed, then their price wouldn't be as much of a sting.

CrackTiger

I have a sealed copy of Sapphire on the way that I'm going to open and play, but only after I scan, photo and video it to compare to the bootlegs.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 04:27 PM

I have a sealed copy of Sapphire on the way that I'm going to open and play, but only after I scan, photo and video it to compare to the bootlegs.
I always buy sealed games if I can, I just want "new" if I can get it.  I open them all up, too.  Recently I had a sealed Lords of Thunder and Ys IV but I finally cracked them both open last year I think.

780racer

I assume this this awesome seller, who must know everything about Turbo DUOs has only done the very best region mod and cap replacement job ever......

And its ONLY 600 DOLLARS! #TheDeals

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-PC-Engine-Duo-Region-free-MINT-TG-16-/321790073894?hash=item4aec2edc26

ALSO CHECK OUT BONUS

" We will throw a surprise game dependent on availability( Fatal Fury 2 or World Heroes)
You will need to purchase Arcade Card aside from this unit so please do your research online
If we are out of this game then we will send 2 random Japanese HU-CARDS without case or we can ****reorder ****
Fatal Fury 2

or World Heroes. These games are becoming rarer everyday ."

CrackTiger

bob

LostFlunky

o.pwuaioc

It's "art."

QuoteI am Constantin Dubois Choulik, French artist based in Lille, France. You're buying directly from the artist here. Included in the sale is an official statement of sale from the artist, signed, stating that this is a unique piece.
What a douche nozzle.

ClodBusted

What a bullshit. If I'd like to, I could fabricate this by myself using most basic tools and cheap plywood.

grolt

I'm a notorious strange man.

CrackTiger

grolt

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2015, 07:24 PM
Quote from: grolt on 09/14/2015, 05:36 PMBargain at two times the price:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-Grafx-Turbografx-Sonic-Spike-/262049124471?hash=item3d03585077
Sonic Spike sells for $20 MIB on eBay.
The seller is also selling a TV Sports Hockey for $50. The funny thing is that one of his cheapest games is actually Bonk's Adventure.

esteban

Quote from: grolt on 09/14/2015, 07:42 PM

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-Grafx-Turbografx-Sonic-Spike-/262049124471?hash=item3d03585077
The seller is also selling a TV Sports Hockey for $50. The funny thing is that one of his cheapest games is actually Bonk's Adventure.
Apparently, the seller lives in a Bizzaro World where sports games command a premium price.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

grolt

Quote from: esteban on 09/14/2015, 08:01 PM
Quote from: grolt on 09/14/2015, 07:42 PM

Apparently, the seller lives in a Bizzaro World where sports games command a premium price.
Bonk's time has come and gone, but Hockey still remains a popular sport so that has to increase the value.

esteban

^ Exactly!

Quite reasonable, actually.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/09/2015, 06:47 PMIMG
I didn't knew Duos had a power switch at the back of the console... in fact mine doesn't. Must be a special r4r3 edition, huh.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

grolt

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2015, 09:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/09/2015, 06:47 PMIMG
I didn't knew Duos had a power switch at the back of the console... in fact mine doesn't. Must be a special r4r3 edition, huh.
Or a Keith Courage mod switch edition. :)

shawnji

All I want is to find a nice copy of Ys I&II.  I'd love one with the box if possible, honestly.  I have the Japanese version, and play it pretty regularly, but I want the US version because I love the English voice cast.  I just can't justify paying $70-100 on E-Bay for a game I already own the Japanese disc and PSN re-releases of, as well as pretty much every remake to date.

I'm also watching this right now:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=281795803897&alt=web

...and have no idea if it's anywhere around a reasonable price or not.  I have a Japanese Duo-R, so this is my one option for having English versions of Bonk 1+2 that I can actually play on it without a mod / converter / etc...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: shawnji on 09/16/2015, 06:18 AMAll I want is to find a nice copy of Ys I&II.  I'd love one with the box if possible, honestly.  I have the Japanese version, and play it pretty regularly, but I want the US version because I love the English voice cast.  I just can't justify paying $70-100 on E-Bay for a game I already own the Japanese disc and PSN re-releases of, as well as pretty much every remake to date.

...and have no idea if it's anywhere around a reasonable price or not.  I have a Japanese Duo-R, so this is my one option for having English versions of Bonk 1+2 that I can actually play on it without a mod / converter / etc...
That's a quite a gouge considering Gamedude sells it for half that.

grolt

Quote from: shawnji on 09/16/2015, 06:18 AMAll I want is to find a nice copy of Ys I&II.  I'd love one with the box if possible, honestly.  I have the Japanese version, and play it pretty regularly, but I want the US version because I love the English voice cast.  I just can't justify paying $70-100 on E-Bay for a game I already own the Japanese disc and PSN re-releases of, as well as pretty much every remake to date.

I hear you about Ys. I already own it on the SMS, PSP, PC and PSN but have always wanted to play the Turbo version because of the acclaim. Tough to justify such a steep purchase (add 30% to Canada) for a game that has been re-released on dozens of platforms but that's the Turbo for you. Might be sacrilege but I am kind of partial to the chip tune music in the SMS version versus all the arrangements in the other versions of the game I've played...

Koop

"I know you are searching for the secrets contained within the books, and you have done well so far. I am impressed with your daring ambition, but of course you are still defenseless against my superior powers! The name Dark Fact will be the scourge off all men to come muwahaha- oh you are brave but you are also a fool! You have no chance without the protection of the silver equipment. Knave! Prepare to die!" - Dark Fact (Source: My Childhood)

Love the US release.

CrackTiger

You're in luck:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=turbografx%20ys%20i%20ii&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684&_trksid=p2045573.m1684&_mwBanner=1&rt=nc&redirect=mobile

shawnji

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/16/2015, 09:03 AMThat's a quite a gouge considering Gamedude sells it for half that.
Whoa.  Gamedude, you say?  I'd definitely take the plunge for that price.

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2015, 05:22 PMYou're in luck:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?isRefine=true&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=turbografx%20ys%20i%20ii&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684&_trksid=p2045573.m1684&_mwBanner=1&rt=nc&redirect=mobile
Oh, nice!  I'm envious of whoever got that boxed copy for $37.  Thanks man!

bob

NightWolve

Kind of a bummer the TurboDuo I bought and the pack-in version of Ys Book I&II didn't include its original box, just the CD case and manual - still a great deal though... As it has a very special value to me, I would've liked to have had it, but ah well. :/

jelloslug

CrackTiger

IvanBeavkov

Has anyone seen this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231482070297?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A new case of 20 Avenue Pad 6 controllers for $1,574.99. That is only $78.75 each! A steel at twice the price!

NecroPhile

20 each for the controllers, $1175 for teh rarez master carton box.

Alt-Nintega

I saw a graded controller in box gem mint 10 sold for $1000 at Manhattan Mall.

NightWolve

Quote from: IvanBeavkov on 09/17/2015, 01:53 PMHas anyone seen this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231482070297?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

A new case of 20 Avenue Pad 6 controllers for $1,574.99. That is only $78.75 each! A steel at twice the price!
Hah! I kind of regretted my purchase in the 90's for $39.99, but it works fine.

Gentlegamer

I bought a nice Avenue 6 and a loosie Street Fighter II CE for $30... on this very forum!
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

johnnykonami

NecroPhile

The BIN price is a joke, but the starting price isn't very surprising.  The huey is cheap, but the CD version Jack has sold for $100 repeatedly for years.

johnnykonami

Same guy is also selling JB Harold for $150... tell me that's not the going rate on that also, is it?  I always wanted a JB Harold.

NecroPhile

johnnykonami

jelloslug

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2015, 02:45 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/18/2015, 12:57 PMFound this great price on Jack Nicklaus Golf today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-16-CD-Turbo-Duo-Jack-Nicklaus-Turbo-CD-Golf-new-sealed-free-shipping-/201427452618?hash=item2ee60302ca
The CD version has been getting crazy prices for years now.
Yeah, now that I posted it I think I vaguely remember something about that.  Shame, I looked up the Japanese version and it's like 10 bucks.

As for JB Harold, I saw on one page that the Japanese version of JBH is in English... can anyone confirm?

LostFlunky

Just tried the following process on my Japanese copy - worked fine  - plus once you have the text in English, you can see an option for the voices to be in English too...

(from https://iwasateenagepcenginefan.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/so-uh-how-do-i-play-j-b-harold-murder-club-in-english/ )

1) Start the game. You're at the screen where the woman says, "Hi, JB!" Press Button I to bring up a menu with five commands.

2) You want NONE of those commands. Press right on the D-pad to get to a sixth command. Select this one.

3) Now you're at a screen with a gun. Press button I to bring up a menu with five commands.

4) You want NONE of those commands. Press right on the D-pad to get to two more commands. Select the top one.

5) Two more commands come up. Pick the bottom one.

6) The menu disappears. Press button I to bring it up again and voila! English text.

Mathius

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/18/2015, 11:46 PMJust tried the following process on my Japanese copy - worked fine  - plus once you have the text in English, you can see an option for the voices to be in English too...

(from https://iwasateenagepcenginefan.wordpress.com/2011/02/16/so-uh-how-do-i-play-j-b-harold-murder-club-in-english/ )

1) Start the game. You're at the screen where the woman says, "Hi, JB!" Press Button I to bring up a menu with five commands.

2) You want NONE of those commands. Press right on the D-pad to get to a sixth command. Select this one.

3) Now you're at a screen with a gun. Press button I to bring up a menu with five commands.

4) You want NONE of those commands. Press right on the D-pad to get to two more commands. Select the top one.

5) Two more commands come up. Pick the bottom one.

6) The menu disappears. Press button I to bring it up again and voila! English text.
Holy hell that's convoluted.