RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

I want to buy a PS4: help me choose games

Started by Psycho Punch, 01/23/2016, 10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

So I want to buy a PS4 but I don't have many games in mind. Help me choose games! For some particular reasons I'm excluding ALL download-only games for the moment, don't recommend me disc-less games.

I'm looking for different games, not the same homogeneous western game but with different titles, so don't be afraid of posting weird, "niche" titles (no fanservice amine or flashy idol singing game pls). Some games I found through the PS4 list on wikipedia, by order of interest (no I won't buy all of them... well maybe who knows):

Nobunaga's Ambition
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dynasty Warriors 8 / Empires
Samurai Warriors 4
Digimonstory
Tropico 5
Bladestorm
Disgaea 5
Dark Souls II
The Witcher 3
Alien: Isolation
Natural Doctrine
Wolfenstein The Old Blood
Mad Max
PES 2016 (Shut up)
Beyond Two Souls (SHUT UP)
Battlefield 4 (SHUTUPPPPPP)

I did a very shallow research on those titles but what I've seen so far got me interested in them. I'll definitely research more but it's hard since wikipedia's list is incomplete (yes I did went from a to z looking for games there).

tl;dr post good ps4 games here
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

By the way if you have any quirky overlooked PS3 game recommendation please post, I won't be dumping my "old" console anytime soon.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ParanoiaDragon

I don't have a PS4 yet, but some games I'm interested in are:

Transformers Devastation.  Neat game, just beat it on PS3.  I don't know if I would pay full price for it, but if you loved G1, this is right up your alley.

Gravity Rush Remastered.  I beat the Vita version, great game, & there's a PS4 sequel coming too.

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, complete remaster of the PS2 game, which I have, but never did beat...

Borderlands:The Handsome Collection, I enjoyed the first game in the series even though it does get mundane from time to time.  I like the setting, reminds me of Trigun.

Lego Avengers.  Really, all the Lego games are cheap fun, however, I would only get them when they're cheap in $

Tales of Zestiria, if you like RPG's by Wolf Team

Tomb Raider(& assumedly it's upcoming sequel), played the PS3 version, great game, & deffinitly worth the $20 it sells for.

Uncharted Collection, love love love these games.  Very fun IMO.  It's a shame they didn't include Golden Abyss(the Vita Uncharted game) in this collection

Uncharted 4, going off on a limb & assuming I'm going to love this game as well.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, I'd get the GOTY version.

Ratchet & Clank, not out yet, but, I love the series, so this game should rock.  It's a re-envisioning of the original game, & tied into the upcoming movie(also based on the original game)

Fallout 4, the last 2 games were fun, though, take a lot of time, so be prepared.  However, I'd wait till there's some sort of GOTY edition with all the dlc included.

Batman Arkham Knight.  Another one where I'd wait for a GTOY edition.  That's what I did for the first 2, but then the 3rd one never had an edition with any dlc on it...

Final Fantasy Type 0, some say it's a good game, looks like it doesn't sell for much these days.

infamous: Second Son.  If it's as good as the last 2 games, then this game is a mush IMO

Rayman Legends, 2D platforming goodness

The Order 1866, I heard it ended up not being as good as everyone expected, but, I LOVE the Steampunk setting, so it might be worth it at $20.
IMG

TR0N

Bloodborne if you enjoy from software souls series  :wink: Not to mention it's dlc the old hunters is out all ready.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

reson8er

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/24/2016, 02:25 AMI don't have a PS4 yet, but some games I'm interested in are:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, complete remaster of the PS2 game, which I have, but never did beat...
Just wanted to point out that Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is not a Remaster but a ReMAKE. Its essentially a new game. As a bonus they also include the original PS2 game Odin Sphere running with the new graphics engine.

Quote from: TR0N on 01/24/2016, 03:51 AMBloodborne if you enjoy from software souls series  :wink: Not to mention it's dlc the old hunters is out all ready.
Gota Platinum Trophy in this game. My highest recommendation.

SignOfZeta

Man, I'm in the opposite boat. Gundam Breaker 3 is coming to PS4 so I'm sorta obligated to buy the machine, but I have none of the "want". I hate new game machines. I'd be very happy to never buy another new console again, at least until they no longer included hours of setup time. 
IMG

Gredler

Has no one mentioned Destiny? I hear that game is good :)

jtucci31

Quote from: Gredler on 01/26/2016, 01:36 PMHas no one mentioned Destiny? I hear that game is good :)
Biased bastard! :)

glazball

Grats Punch on your PS4.  A wonderful system!  Here are some of my favs (so far):

Alien: Isolation - if you're even remotely a fan of Alien, you've gotta play it.  Incredible.

The Order: 1886 - got shat on by reviewers, but I was highly impressed.  Some of the best graphics and voice acting I've ever seen in a game.  Pretty quick playthrough and it's cheap now.

Shovel Knight - for your retro platforming fix.  LittleBigPlanet 3 is also great and PS exclusive.

Beyond: Two Souls - did it get remastered for PS4?  If so, BUY IT.  I played it on PS3 and it's wonderful.

Rayman Legends - played Origins on PS3 and Legends on Wii U.  It's simply a must play if you haven't yet. 

The Evil Within - another by Shinji Mikami if you like horror games

On my to-play list: Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Transformers Devastation
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gredler

Quote from: glazball on 01/27/2016, 02:12 PMAlien: Isolation - if you're even remotely a fan of Alien, you've gotta play it.  Incredible.

The Order: 1886 - got shat on by reviewers, but I was highly impressed.  Some of the best graphics and voice acting I've ever seen in a game.  Pretty quick playthrough and it's cheap now.

Shovel Knight - for your retro platforming fix.  LittleBigPlanet 3 is also great and PS exclusive.

On my to-play list: Bloodborne, Until Dawn and Transformers Devastation
Alien Isolation sucks if you do not like stealth game. A lot of "oh you were noticed, try again" gameplay, and a slog at the beginning. I had high hopes for a tense and interesting game, but instead was bored with the bland environments for a exploration based game, and frustrated by the try and get caught and retry gameplay. I hate stealth games, but love Alien, so I was really disappointed when people said "if you love alien you will love this" without revealing the caveat that if you hate stealth games you will also hate this game.

The order is very rad, and next to blood born is one of the few experiences that can't be had elsewhere, which is a cool thing to play an exclusive.

Little big planet is more of the same, but shovel night albeit a multiplatform game is excellent.

Groover

I just got my REsident Evil Origins Disc for PS4.
IMG

BigusSchmuck

No Macross game so fail. But it does have Fallout 4....

glazball

Quote from: Gredler on 01/27/2016, 06:11 PMAlien Isolation sucks if you do not like stealth game. A lot of "oh you were noticed, try again" gameplay, and a slog at the beginning. I had high hopes for a tense and interesting game, but instead was bored with the bland environments for a exploration based game, and frustrated by the try and get caught and retry gameplay. I hate stealth games, but love Alien, so I was really disappointed when people said "if you love alien you will love this" without revealing the caveat that if you hate stealth games you will also hate this game.
True, if you don't like stealth games, Alien: Isolation is not for you.  However, OP asked for recommendations and it was already on his list.  I found the game to be a gripping experience, because you don't play a hero.  There are enough games like that where your dudebro character takes down hordes of enemies with his arsenal of weapons.  In A:I, you are simply trying to survive and having to sometimes wait in hiding was part of the thrill for me.  Hearing Alien's footsteps in the distance or hearing her crawl through the ducts above you can give you chills.

In addition, there's a mode (which I turned off) where you can allow the PS4 camera's mic and motion detection to pick up any ambient noise and motion - meaning, if that mode is turned on, you have to be silent in real life to avoid being detected!  If I didn't have 3 dogs that like to randomly bark at shit, I can't imagine a more immersive vg experience (outside of VR I mean).

Again, I highly recommend the game.  Gredler, I agree that The Order 1886 is rad too :)  It's a highly underrated game, and I don't know why it got mediocre reviews.  I have a friend that was on the fence about it so I'm bringing it to him this weekend to make him play it.  The voice acting and fleshing out of characters is simply top notch, and so is the attention to detail.  Beautiful touches like the reflection of light on the flasks and beakers in Tesla's lab are breathtaking.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Gredler

Quote from: glazball on 01/28/2016, 02:34 PMif you're even remotely a fan of Alien, and dont hate stealth games, you've gotta play it.
Ok then, fixed :)

Psycho Punch

I am a fan of these games:

IMG
IMG

so I think I'll be fine with Alien: Isolation :)

Gredler

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 01/28/2016, 04:46 PMIMG

so I think I'll be fine with Alien: Isolation :)
Yeah it will be your jam :) I can't stand either of those game's - gredler is not sneaky, at all.

jtucci31

I know I made fun of this thread with my own, but I just bought a PS4 today :)

Got a used one from gamestop and it allowed me to pick 2 used games under $40. So I got Bloodborne and MLB 15 The Show. Can't wait, I'll get Shovel Knight and probably the Witcher 3 at some point. And the FF7 remake, it's about time I play that game.

Also, anyone play Street Fighter V yet? Worth it? I almost got it but wanted to wait to hear how the launch week went. I saw Lupe Fiasco beat the top SF player though :lol:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2016, 10:19 PMI know I made fun of this thread with my own, but I just bought a PS4 today :)

Got a used one from gamestop and it allowed me to pick 2 used games under $40. So I got Bloodborne and MLB 15 The Show. Can't wait, I'll get Shovel Knight and probably the Witcher 3 at some point. And the FF7 remake, it's about time I play that game.

Also, anyone play Street Fighter V yet? Worth it? I almost got it but wanted to wait to hear how the launch week went. I saw Lupe Fiasco beat the top SF player though :lol:
Staged. There's no way he actually did it legit. He's too busy making mediocre music and meh clothing to have time to practice playing the game long enough to be even close to decent.
IMG

TheClash603

I have only put an hour of time into SFV, but while just scratching the surface it seems to be a better game than 4.

Also, 4 is one of the ugliest games I have ever played and 5 looks pretty damn sharp.

Biggest problem is the online ranked battles don't work most of the time, which is a reason I only played an hour.  I tried to play more but network sucks now.  Hopefully they figure that out soon.  There is no arcade mode yet, so there is basically nothing to do when offline.

Gredler

Tucci were you into halo at all? If so, do check out Destiny!

Also if you're going to play FFVII play the PC or PS4 port. The "remake" is going to be a new game, new gameplay and design based on the original, but not a new version of the same game.

vmorr

I bought a 20th anniversary PS4 a year or so ago or whenever they released and it's just sat in the box. To me there hasn't really been anything that's come out to open it up for. New game prices have been pretty steep in Canada as well lately. Will probably just sell it and wait a couple years to pick up a regular PS4... Anyone else think it's been underwhelming though?

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: vmorr on 02/21/2016, 04:47 PMI bought a 20th anniversary PS4 a year or so ago or whenever they released and it's just sat in the box. To me there hasn't really been anything that's come out to open it up for. New game prices have been pretty steep in Canada as well lately. Will probably just sell it and wait a couple years to pick up a regular PS4... Anyone else think it's been underwhelming though?
Every console since the N64 has been underwhelming.

TR0N

Quote from: vmorr on 02/21/2016, 04:47 PMI bought a 20th anniversary PS4 a year or so ago or whenever they released and it's just sat in the box. To me there hasn't really been anything that's come out to open it up for. New game prices have been pretty steep in Canada as well lately. Will probably just sell it and wait a couple years to pick up a regular PS4... Anyone else think it's been underwhelming though?
Release for new ips on the PS4 have been really slow.Hasn't bother me much since i have plenty of other consoles here.I think,last time i played the PS4 allot was for bloodborne.Getting ready to put some time into SFV next.Beside by april dark souls III is suppose to be released.
IMG

MNKyDeth

I agree, very underwhelming. I bought the PS4 for Bloodborne. I then bought Dark Souls 2 on it as well. But I already had Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 and PC. I bought Dark Souls 2 five times. Dark Souls twice.

PS3 = Demon Souls on Disc and Download version. Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2
PS4 = Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne
PC = Two copies of Dark Souls 2, one on each of my accounts + I bought SOTFS once. Dark Souls as well.

There has been no other games imo really worth buying on the PS4 yet that fit my tastes. Technically, stuff like Shovel Knight I just buy on the PC. Anything that is cross platform and has a PC release gets bought on the PC. Consoles are only for exclusives at this point imo.

Medic_wheat

Games?

Isn't 80% of the PS4 library just PS3 games with the word definitive slapped on it? 

It's the whole reason I haven't bought one yet.  Still rocking the PS3

esadajr

Name 10 exclusive, no "online only" PS4 games. Name 10 that have been well received (by consumers).
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Why does a game have to be exclusive for it to be good, thus validating the purchase of the system?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/22/2016, 04:17 PMWhy does a game have to be exclusive for it to be good, thus validating the purchase of the system?
It doesn't have to be exclusive, but the PS4 has few exclusives, than it's hardly worth picking up in favor of say Xbox One or (more likely) PC.

Lack of exclusives is why I sold off my Xbox to begin with.

Gredler

Console exclusives outside of wii u are hard to nail down top 10's of, but if you grouped the xbone and ps4 together you could easily put together a list of 10 great games both critically and commercially successful. If you  claim the ps3/360 ports of the same games that are available on ps4/xbone are even in the same category I would argue with you until the cows come home. The current software is developed for those platforms, and so the sacrifices made on the older systems are significant, and purchasing a new system is well worth it if you're playing the same game on an older platform.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 04:50 PMIt doesn't have to be exclusive, but the PS4 has few exclusives, than it's hardly worth picking up in favor of say Xbox One or (more likely) PC.
So everyone should buy a xbone or pc because they are loaded with awesome exclusives?  That's hilarious.

I could care less if anyone sees value in buying a PS4 or not (I don't), but there's no need to concoct some bullshit metrics about the number of system exclusives.

jtucci31

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/22/2016, 03:27 PMIsn't 80% of the PS4 library just PS3 games with the word definitive slapped on it? 
I don't think that's true at all. 80% would be pretty damn hefty

TheClash603

Where did you find this impossible to find system?  I tried to order one when it was announced and failed miserably.

o.pwuaioc

removed

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 09:10 PMHonestly, a PC has so many other functions that it doesn't really make any sense to buy either a PS4 or a Xbone.
Yeah if your gaming rig can compete with PS4 / XBone, I would agree that you don't need a current generation system yet unless you love bloodborne or halo/destiny. Games created for Current PC/PS4/Xbone are dramatically and significantly better than the ps3/360 and older PC's though.

TR0N

Quote from: esadajr on 02/22/2016, 03:52 PMName 10 exclusive, no "online only" PS4 games. Name 10 that have been well received (by consumers).
Number of exclusive shouldn't matter it's what preference you prefer for playing modern video games.Me i'm satisfy with the PS4 and what exclusive it does get.
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: TR0N on 02/23/2016, 03:32 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 02/22/2016, 03:52 PMName 10 exclusive, no "online only" PS4 games. Name 10 that have been well received (by consumers).
Number of exclusive shouldn't matter it's what preference you prefer for playing modern video games.Me i'm satisfy with the PS4 and what exclusive it does get.
Isn't Destiny also on the 360/PS3? Not that I have either system either, but if one did, that's still a strike against the current systems.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 08:16 AM
Isn't Destiny also on the 360/PS3? Not that I have either system either, but if one did, that's still a strike against the current systems.
It is,EA really whored that game out  ](*,) Slowly but surely third parties are starting to drop the PS3&360 little by little.Such as how mortal kombat x was suppose to have a PS3&360 release,shortly there after a cancel.
IMG

vmorr

Quote from: TheClash603 on 02/22/2016, 09:03 PM
Where did you find this impossible to find system?  I tried to order one when it was announced and failed miserably.
I had Twitter set up to send me all of PS Canada's tweets via text for about a week. Think it was 10 or 10:30 on a Tuesday morning and I just happened to catch the beep for the drop in their online store lol

Gredler

Quote from: TR0N on 02/23/2016, 08:51 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 08:16 AM
It is,EA really whored that game out  ](*,) Slowly but surely third parties are starting to drop the PS3&360 little by little.Such as how mortal kombat x was suppose to have a PS3&360 release,shortly there after a cancel.
As I said in  previous post, ps3/360 versions of most ps4/xbone games have to be ported. Initially the titles were made with ps3/360 in mind, but since 2014 most major titles are lead SKU on ps4/xbone making the trip to old systems much much tougher. The initial release of Destiny was on ps3/360, but the difference in graphical quality is night and day. Mortal Kombat X straight up failed to be ported due to the difficulty getting a acceptable working build on ps3/360.

Software not made for ps3/360 directly will likely suck. As developers get more liberal with next gen budgets (cpu gpu amd memory, not money) tools and techniques will be less and less possible to get working on older platforms simply because they can't keep up.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 09:10 PMHonestly, a PC has so many other functions that it doesn't really make any sense to buy either a PS4 or a Xbone.
I suppose, as long as you don't care about price, power consumption, system size, or ready availability of physical media.

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 09:10 PMI've always considered exclusives to be an important selling point in a console, and in fact many in the industry have done so and continue to do so. It's not some bullshit metrics, it's simple: are there enough exclusives to justify actually purchasing the console?
Yes, but you're arguing that someone should buy an xbone or pc over a PS4 based on exclusives when neither has more.

The bullshit metric part comes into play when someone argues that a system should have x number of high rated exclusives to be worthwhile, and that only makes sense if you give a shit about those specific games, and it completely ignores that the vast majority of people's play time goes into cross platform games anyway.

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 09:10 PMOtherwise it's entirely redundant.
Only if you assume everyone in the world already owns either an xbone or comparably powerful pc, which obviously isn't reality.

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 09:10 PMGiven console X and console Y where they share 99% of the games, the only real non-collectard response is to buy the console that has the better ports and scrap the other.
So exclusives matter.... but they don't matter........ unless you're a collectard?  Sounds good to me, man.

o.pwuaioc

removed

Psycho Punch

e: to clarify, video in the sense of "flamewar" and not "roast"/"burn", quit bitching about videogames

NecroPhile

Time for the personal insults, eh?  I really must be getting under your skin.  :lol:

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMI bought my PC nearly five years ago at $500, and it still can play any current games.
It may play the games, but does it have processing power equal to a xbone or PS4, capable of playing at the same resolution, physics accuracy, AI, detail level, etc.?  I doubt it, seeing as an equivalent GPU (GTX 660Ti) would've been about $300 back then.  Most people claiming it's possible to build an equal PC for less money leave out the Bluray drive, controller, OS, and/or use a cheap dual core CPU, leaving you with a fast GPU and little else.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMConsidering it's my work and play and all-purpose computer, I'm actually saving so much space by not owning either a PS4 or an Xbone. The only real point you have is the loss of physical media. Whoop-dee-fuckin-doo.
That's great that that's what works for YOU and none of the other points matter to YOU, but not everyone wants to sit at a desk, suck down 500 watts, have a full tower case sitting in their living room, etc.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMIt should go without saying that the exclusives have to be good. If they're not even good, they're even less worth bothering about. If console X has no good exclusives and console Y has some good exclusives, then the natural choice to make is console Y, since you have the option of cross-platform games on both consoles. I don't know how you can't comprehend that point.
I do get that, but do YOU understand your original comment?  Your point was that someone should choose a xbone or PC over a PS4, both of which have even fewer exclusives, a trend that will surely continue based on the libraries of the PS2/PS3 and xbox/360.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMThe point is which to get. If you have the choice of getting an Xbone or a PS4, with all other factors equal, get the one with more and better exclusives. How the fuck do you buy consoles? Flip a coin? Eeny meeny miny moe?
No, you were saying the PS4 is somehow redundant due to lack of exclusives.  Do you not know the meaning of the word redundant?  A PS4 simply can't be redundant until after you've decided and purchased something else.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMHow did your brain so warp what I said? Did you flunk 4th grade comprehension? Maybe the "advanced math" is throwing you off?

Seriously, what part of this do you not understand?
Honestly, it's difficult to follow your meandering argument.  First you say that exclusives are a key point to consider when comparing systems, but then you go on to say that 99% of the games are cross platform anyway, so one should base their decision solely on which system gets the better ports of the cross platform titles.

johnnykonami

I'd get a PS4 if it were backwards compatible with PS3 games.  In a heartbeat if it was compatible with PS2/PS1 (discs.)  Still kind stuck on the PS3 generation, though.  I noticed that there is more of a push for western style development in the current one, I always looked for the console exclusive Japanese developed titles on the Playstation.  Western stuff also almost always has a PC release, and the little bit I'm interested in I'll usually wait to grab it on Steam.  My GF wants a PS4 to play the latest Mortal Kombat game, though, and I have a buddy who swears by Bloodbourne.  I'm still working on Dark Souls II, though.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/23/2016, 05:07 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 02:21 PMIt should go without saying that the exclusives have to be good. If they're not even good, they're even less worth bothering about. If console X has no good exclusives and console Y has some good exclusives, then the natural choice to make is console Y, since you have the option of cross-platform games on both consoles. I don't know how you can't comprehend that point.
I do get that, but do YOU understand your original comment?  Your point was that someone should choose a xbone or PC over a PS4, both of which have even fewer exclusives, a trend that will surely continue based on the libraries of the PS2/PS3 and xbox/360.
Here you are dead wrong. Everything was hypothetical. I was defending the criteria of exclusives in deciding a console, which you called bullshit for but still haven't been able, nor can you be able, of pointing out why it's bullshit.

I don't give a fuck what modern console someone picks. There haven't been but maybe 5 good games in the last 5 years, so I give zero fucks whether you pick PC, Xbone, or PS4. I don't even know how many exclusives the latter two have.

However, I do know it's downright laughable you think the PC has less exclusives than either of those two consoles. Hilarious.

QuoteNo, you were saying the PS4 is somehow redundant due to lack of exclusives.  Do you not know the meaning of the word redundant?  A PS4 simply can't be redundant until after you've decided and purchased something else.
That's a hypothetical. You should also have learned those in 4th grade. I think you should go back and carefully reread the arguments here. Make sure you're not confusing me with some other argument you had last year.

QuoteHonestly, it's difficult to follow your meandering argument.  First you say that exclusives are a key point to consider when comparing systems, but then you go on to say that 99% of the games are cross platform anyway, so one should base their decision solely on which system gets the better ports of the cross platform titles.
I figured it out! You don't know the definition of the word if, do you?

Gredler

Old videogames look old, new videogames look new. New videogames on old systems look bad. Old videogames on new tvs look bad. Videogames.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 05:31 PMHere you are dead wrong. Everything was hypothetical.
"It doesn't have to be exclusive, but the PS4 has few exclusives, than it's hardly worth picking up in favor of say Xbox One or (more likely) PC."

I'm not sure how that's obviously meant as a hypothetical, but whatever you say professor.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 05:31 PMI was defending the criteria of exclusives in deciding a console, which you called bullshit for but still haven't been able, nor can you be able, of pointing out why it's bullshit.
Like I already said, I think it's bullshit to claim a system isn't worth owning based on it's lack of exclusives.  If somebody only wants to play CoD, FIFA, GTA, etc., then any one of the systems is worth owning, and the buyer should decide on price/controller preference/etc.

Exclusives are a valid point to consider, of course, but it's just one factor among many.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 05:31 PMHowever, I do know it's downright laughable you think the PC has less exclusives than either of those two consoles. Hilarious.
I freely admit to not following PC gaming all that closely (or much of any new stuff, really), so I was basing that mostly off what I see in stores, in adverts, and on GoG or Steam.  The vast majority of those titles are either cross platform or rehashes of old PC games that may or may not have been ported all over the place back in the day.

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2016, 05:31 PMThat's a hypothetical. You should also have learned those in 4th grade. I think you should go back and carefully reread the arguments here. Make sure you're not confusing me with some other argument you had last year.

I figured it out! You don't know the definition of the word if, do you?
It's so fun getting you riled up.  Easy too.

Here's a game for OP to pre-order: Ys VIII.  It's all you really need.  :mrgreen:

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/23/2016, 06:35 PMIt's so fun getting you riled up.  Easy too.
Sorry to let you down, bud, but you'll have to try a bit harder to evoke some actual passions here. I will admit I typoed typing too fast, but c'mon, read it aloud and see for yourself what sort of impression it makes on you.

Let me make this clear without any typos:

Protasis: Should the PS4 not have any good exclusives,
Apodosis: then the PS4 is not a worthwhile console.

Unless

Protasis: Should neither the PS4 nor the Xbone have any good exclusives,
AND
Protasis: should a PC be disregarded for whatever reason,
Apodosis: then the PS4 and Xbone should be evaluated based on other criteria.

Is that crystal clear?

jtucci31

Well I like my PS4 and it's been fun. :)

I'm not going to read an argument about why I should have bought a $1000+ PC.

blueraven

GET FALLOUT 4

*braces for the shitstorm*

Seriously. Get Fallout 4. And for the record, I never played COD. I just like oldschool stuff, and They way they re-imagined 1950's and 1980's technology is just freaking great.