@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

AMP-30 restoration

Started by elartur77, 07/17/2024, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elartur77

A couple of weeks ago I got a PCEngine AMP-30 unit, it powered on but no audio at all, I found the culprit, a big ass rotten capacitor, replaced it and now it works great, I have sound and is pretty neat...I can connect my DUO directly to the amp and the amp gives power to the DUO!

I found zero info about the innards of the unit, so I need to document all the capacitors needed (values, etc) to make a complete recap.. but Im afraid Im too lazy for that.. but Ill try to give my best...for now it works great.. but dont know for how long, apart from the rotten cap everything else looked very good, no obvious leakings I can see..

Now what I want to do is to restore the bases and the rubber from the dials buttons, the bases I think I could reproduce the originals ones and 3d print them.. about the dials the rubber was very brittle was very easy to take off, I want to replace them but dont know how.. maybe 3d print? ring leds? any suggestions?

Here are some pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/DK3AeAk
PCEAMP30-Cap_Chart.webp

Tak-MK

Nice unit! I'd like to get one of those some day too...
I'd say that 3d print is probably the way to go for the dials... I don't think there are going to be replacements ever hahaha

elartur77

I was lucky to get one at a very good price, even if it didnt come with the speakers and accesories, but it looks great, I have a normal DUO and Im thinking painting the amp black (dark gray) so they match color with the black speakers too and I think they are going to look good.. or maybe not because Im a fan to keeps things original..aa decisions!

Tak-MK

Quote from: elartur77 on 07/18/2024, 05:57 PMI was lucky to get one at a very good price, even if it didnt come with the speakers and accesories, but it looks great, I have a normal DUO and Im thinking painting the amp black (dark gray) so they match color with the black speakers too and I think they are going to look good.. or maybe not because Im a fan to keeps things original..aa decisions!

If you try to paint that amp I'm going to appear at your home and steal it to protect it before you notice  :rollin

elartur77

Quote from: Tak-MK on 07/19/2024, 06:45 AM
Quote from: elartur77 on 07/18/2024, 05:57 PMI was lucky to get one at a very good price, even if it didnt come with the speakers and accesories, but it looks great, I have a normal DUO and Im thinking painting the amp black (dark gray) so they match color with the black speakers too and I think they are going to look good.. or maybe not because Im a fan to keeps things original..aa decisions!

If you try to paint that amp I'm going to appear at your home and steal it to protect it before you notice  :rollin

Haha ok ok.. You are right better to keep it original..

elartur77

For anyone interested I already did a complete recap to the AMP-30 and documented the caps values needed, quantity and locations..

Dont know where else I can put this, if there is a specific place, please let me know...

PCEAMP30-Cap_Chart.webp
https://imgur.com/WRfrFxK.jpg

Tak-MK

Quote from: elartur77 on 07/21/2024, 03:09 PMFor anyone interested I already did a complete recap to the AMP-30 and documented the caps values needed, quantity and locations..

Dont know where else I can put this, if there is a specific place, please let me know...
PCEAMP30-Cap_Chart.webp
Nice! :D Someday I'll buy one for myself to document it too on my website (not only caps).
For now I only can thing of maybe NFG? necretro.org maybe? :-k

elartur77

Thanks, Ill try that site to post there the chart..